• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Middle Earth: Shadow of War gameplay.

11 posts in this topic

This is like, taking "bigger is better", fucking it, and then let that "bigger is better" multiply to 1 million children. THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME! You can ride dragons?? And every major enemy encounter is completely random and not just restricted by a single planned encounter?? And then an ally can rescue you from enemy attacks and it's completely randomized by the upgraded Nemesis system??? Whatzzusdbfkaoe HOW?? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???

Monolith has come a long way since FEAR. First they made Shadow of Mordor, which is pretty much Assassin's Creed with Batman Arkham's combat and a pretty neat nemesis system, and now the nemesis system has become....... something that I can't even imagine is possible. It has become so advanced that it basically creates its own story. Fucking beautiful.

I'll be bold and say that Red Dead Redemption 2 looks so unappealing compared to Shadow of War. Rockstar better make that game incredible beyond everyone's wildest dreams, because right now Shadow of War is right now my number 1 most anticipated game of 2017. Besides Persona 5 that is. That is if it doesn't end up getting delayed.

But in the end I won't buy this game, seeing how the entire game will be rendered pointless because in LOTR, the ring of power must be destroyed or else Sauron will continue to exist. Goddamn it, and I'm excited for this game too! But at least Redemption 2 will satisfy me. I hope. JUST RELEASE THE DAMN GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE FOR THAT THING ALREADY!

Yeah......  I'm going to skip this one.   I believed what I saw in the promotional material last time and got burned badly.

EDIT:  Well I've actually seen the video now (I was at work before) and I retract my previous statement....   If I were to believe what I saw here their is definitely no chance of me being bewitched into buying it this time!  Not only does it not look like they haven't learned from their mistake of making the previous game to easy, but it seems they have actually made it even more pathetic!

Almost everything dies with one fucking hit kill animations and even the big-girls-blouse overlord only took about 4.  On top of that your followers barge in to save your sorry ass and interrupt your character battles?  FUCK THAT!  PISS OFF AND LET PLAY THE FUCKING GAME!  If the game is as much a piece of piss as the first I'm obviously not going to need your fucking help!  Hell I don't even think I need my fucking army, I can can mow through anything and everyone like last time!

The only improvement I can see it that they include iconic locations from books and movies like Minas Morgul and Barad-dûr this time.  This is a complete joke to me!

Game looks enjoyable however while it's a new game you could almost make the argument that this could've just been one big DLC add on to the first game. Maybe that's just me but it seems more of extra content then it does an actual sequel. I'll still check it out of course.

Luckily for me I procrastinated long enough buying Shadow of Mordor I can skip it and get the bigger, badder and uncut sequel DLC Shadow of War.

and LiquidArea like this

Hmm, I've been thinking over this game right now after the trailer. And I've come to this conclusions:

Despite how I fucking love the new gameplay footages so much that I'm basically doing this,

I won't buy this game. You know why? Because I just realized that in the end, everything you do in the game will be completely worthless. In the mythology of Lord of the Rings, the ring of power is the absolute worst thing that could exist. Oh sure you think you can use it to do good deeds or to kill Sauron, but Sauron will turn it against you anyway if you try to use it. So I'm expecting some bullshit like the last game, but even more depressing. Last game ends on a cliffhanger and a lazy QTE battle. I'm expecting this game's ending to be that you killed Sauron, but because you use the damn ring, Sauron takes over your soul and make you the new Sauron. Just like how the first game happens in the first place. And since this game is an alternate event of what happens before the original Lord of the Rings film, I seriously think that will be what happens in the end. GOD DAMN IT!

Unless the game decided to be nice and give you the choice of destroying the ring once and for all in the volcano just like what Frodo did in Return of the King, which will end just like that film with the final boss being Gollum so it creates a new timeline where the world is at peace and the events of the original trilogy doesn't happen. But I bet the chance of that happening is pretty damn slim. Farewell game, looks like I'll have to skip you and play Red Dead Redemption 2.

Actually having a use for allies, giving them more character, and large battles is half of what they need to do to make the game interesting. The other half would be to remove the protagonist and allow you to switch between what would have been your allies, ignore the lore completely because it doesn't serve any purpose for the game, throw away the orc slave army and replace them with elves, dwarves, Gondor, and Rohan for more variety, then allow all the different humans to have their own relationships and battles with each other and with the orc armies, the terrible never being able to die system could just be replaced by having the person you are controlling actually die and then you switch to another character (the nemesis system would make every character more interesting than the main character anyway).

Almost everything dies with one fucking hit kill animations and even the big-girls-blouse overlord only took about 4.

They clearly weren't able to take damage and have instant executions on throughout the demo, the game won't actually play like that..

38 minutes ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

They clearly weren't able to take damage and have instant executions on throughout the demo, the game won't actually play like that..

I'm not saying the final game will play exactly like this but the fact is you COULD infinity spam those finishers in the first game to.  My point is that by displaying it like this this trailer has totally failed to convince that they have fixed their broken system that made it to way to easy and that's why I'm bailing the fuck out right now.

46 minutes ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Actually having a use for allies, giving them more character, and large battles is half of what they need to do to make the game interesting. The other half would be to remove the protagonist and allow you to switch between what would have been your allies, ignore the lore completely because it doesn't serve any purpose for the game, throw away the orc slave army and replace them with elves, dwarves, Gondor, and Rohan for more variety, then allow all the different humans to have their own relationships and battles with each other and with the orc armies, the terrible never being able to die system could just be replaced by having the person you are controlling actually die and then you switch to another character (the nemesis system would make every character more interesting than the main character anyway).

So it's like State of Decay basically. In Middle Earth. You know, this can actually come true if State of Decay 2 is released and that game allows total conversion that turns everything into Middle Earth.

Now I can't wait for State of Decay 2.

I dont think that whole one shotting is normally going to be a part of the game, I am actually pretty sure that the orcs have been programmed to rarely attack him in that gameplay at all, though I am definitely aboard the hype train if it just looks as half as cool as showed, this will be a good game :)

Well, Joe loves this trailer, like me.

Now I'm having third thought on whether I want to buy this game or not. I want to buy it at first, but then because the game will most likely end up with Sauron winning anyway, I rather not buy it. BUT I want to play the game solo without controlling an army and just kill everyone Goro Majima style

with fitting Yakuza 0 and Ishin soundtrack playing in the background

because let's be honest, Shadow of Mordor and War's soundtrack are just too mellow.

ARRGHH! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK!!!

Alright, maybe I should just wait for the game to be released, and then see if google will say something about whether the ending is satisfying or just complete dogshit. I don't care if I have to see spoilers, the main plot will most likely be mediocre anyway. I'm in it for the nemesis system beyatch!

The game is a rental. I loved the first one due to the nemesis system. One of the few things in recent years that felt next gen.