• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rain

SWITCHed Off

9 posts in this topic

Joe SHARED this video on the Switch, a compilation of failures all over the world...makes the RRoD look like a genius design.

Inb4 more backlash, I'm not hating on Nintendo and I obviously didn't even make the video. Most of the issues portrayed can be a concern, I for one am worried about the dock and how low quality it is offering little to no security to the system itself. Crazycrab said it perfectly, the screens are getting scratched simply by normal use causing people to use glass cleaner cloths for added protection which shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

Joe posted this video on the Switch

The video is from someone named CrowbCat, I assume you mean Joe shared it or is this the wrong one.

If the same percentage of people who bought a switch and then postep a clip of it working perfectly fine to the same ratio of people made this compilation of faulty units (BTW, that's what warranties are for), what video do you think would be longer? Exactly.

No new piece of tech has a launch without SOME malfunctioning units getting past quality control, it happens. Besides, where's the proof these people in the video aren't like that Moron who melted his PS4 Pro then posted pic's all over the Internet claiming it melted itself?

I'm not defending Nintendo, I'm just using my common sence. Besides, there's I'm actually more concerned about what you've tried to do here Rain, especially considering you're a forum mod. Claiming this video is Joe's, when it isn't, and clearly taking an incredibly bias fanboy perspective on this. White all due respect, what kind of "Black Knight" bullshit are you trying to pull here? We (the AJSA members) are not that stupid man.

Rojo_The_Great likes this

The failure rate of Nintendo Switch's that has been reported so far is around 0.5% which actually sounds quite good but that's not the end of the story.  According to this unofficial poll from strawpoll the amount of users reporting major issues more than 10 times that much.

9h3qBIZ.png

https://strawpoll.com/9adszeb

Obviously a portion of these are going to be trolls and liars and a higher proportion of those people with failed systems are going to report than those that don't but It seems very likely that the launch hardware failure rate for the Switch is going to be significantly more than the PS4 for example which was around 0.4%.......  and that's going to be a problem.

It's not just failures either, Blunty among many others screen got scratched while sitting in the dock and it can be very difficult to to get the Joy-Con wrist strap attachments off if you put them on the wrong way and THOSE are design flaws.  So make sure you have a screen protector and if you do put the wrist strap attachments on the wrong way I did find this helpful video from M Fasa showing how to get them off.

Rain and Shagger like this

Well I just bought a Switch myself and it seems to be working fine so far.  Setting up my account was a pain though.

20 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

The video is from someone named CrowbCat, I assume you mean Joe shared it or is this the wrong one.

Yeah I worded it wrong, meant to say he shared the video on social media. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

11 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm not defending Nintendo, I'm just using my common sence. Besides, there's I'm actually more concerned about what you've tried to do here Rain, especially considering you're a forum mod. Claiming this video is Joe's, when it isn't, and clearly taking an incredibly bias fanboy perspective on this. White all due respect, what kind of "Black Knight" bullshit are you trying to pull here? We (the AJSA members) are not that stupid man.

Slow your role, it was a miscommunication in my wording. I'm not bashing Nintendo nor trying to make a statement other than maybe don't rush if someone is on the fence on buying one. Do yourself a favor and don't speak for me when you have no idea why I even made this thread.

Personally speak I have had mine since day one and have yet to come across any issue with it, Bear in mind that I play it a lot.

Having said that however there isn't any real rush to get one yet save for Breath of the Wild so if anyone is on the fence about getting one then its perfectly ok to wait things out.

Rain likes this