• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ninjin

Nintendo update

9 posts in this topic

AJ is obviously biased and only shows his view (the view of a hard working youtuber). However, he gives some arguments that make him look like a hypocrite and it feels like he lost his thoughts while ranting.

- Nintendo gives you money if you join their program, does AJ give Nintendo some money from using their intellectual property? You might want to argue he gives Nintendo publicity, but Nintendo never asked for it. I might be bold to say that without video games he wouldn't even be a big thing in the first place.

- AJ says something about "hard work, I deserve to get money from hours of editing and stuff". Even if I put aside that it's still not his content, and all the work he does is built up from Nintendo content, does he think Nintendo employees are not working hard? You have to realize Nintendo will protect their employees first (who work hard and have a much tighter schedule than AJ) and of course save the money for their employees instead of giving it to some random American who seems to play video games his whole day.

- AJ also said something about "every company is allowing youtubers to upload content from their games, it's good for sales, saturate the market, common sense blabla". He also added "yeah, and Nintendo sales are going down". AJ makes it look like that HE is the only answer to more sales. You have to be a fool and really narrow minded if you truly believe that. I could list you 10 other good reasons right of my hat why big video game companies are selling less and I'm not even a seller nor do I have the insights.

- Fighting the NintendoBot and stating it in a public video is also another way to easily get targeted by Nintendo and I would feel no pity if Nintendo decides to takes further steps. I saw the edited video of 1-2 Switch and the middle fingers to Nintendo and I think AJ totally went overboard and that's the reason why I'm writing this. AJ is building up hate. I also saw in other video that AJ wanted to take Nintendo to court. This fight AJ takes on is ridiculous. The line is strict, I won't deny it. However, if Nintendo doesn't want you to built content from their content, you have to respect this decision.

This lead us to only 1 real argument we should debate and that is "fair use". It's obvious that Japanese have a different view on that. Reminder, I never saw a video taking down, because someone said the word Nintendo in their video, so please let's stop using exaggerations in this case.

I would really love to hear what AJ thinks about that if he goes into this discussion with a clear mind.

None of the things you list Joe saying are hypocritical.

Nintendo gives you money if you join their program, does AJ give Nintendo some money from using their intellectual property? You might want to argue he gives Nintendo publicity, but Nintendo never asked for it. I might be bold to say that without video games he wouldn't even be a big thing in the first place.

When it comes to let's plays or just showing footage that can hold some merit but when it comes to reviewing the companies products or talking about their role in the industry or of their tech, which is more of what he wants to do and has had claimed in the past, you should not be giving a company money for that privilege. Joe not being popular without games is both almost certainly true, on a global scale and possibly in the modern age the same could be said about Nintendo without people sharing and writing about their products, neither of which has any actually relevance to anything.

AJ says something about "hard work, I deserve to get money from hours of editing and stuff". Even if I put aside that it's still not his content, and all the work he does is built up from Nintendo content, does he think Nintendo employees are not working hard? You have to realize Nintendo will protect their employees first (who work hard and have a much tighter schedule than AJ) and of course save the money for their employees instead of giving it to some random American who seems to play video games his whole day.

You seem to be misunderstanding multiple things here. It is Joe's content, even if you were someone who believes that no one should be able to use footage of games in reviews, much of the videos for game and tech reviews are still going to be of the Youtuber themselves, of their words, of their inserted things, of their skits, things not directly owned by either the Youtuber or Nintendo, etc, so with that line of thought then both the Youtuber and Nintendo would be stealing each others content. The other half of what you said about Nintendo protecting their employees doesn't make any sense. I'm not really sure about every Nintendo employees schedule spread occross different games, job areas, and countries are but don't see why that matters. Nintendo is not giving money to Youtubers at all (unless they had some kind of paid promotion), even when Youtubers become part of their program Nintendo is still not giving them their own money, they are just taking less of it from someone who is not their employee. Protecting their employees has no relevance to this at all and since Nintendo does have an American division they are also an American company (and European) so where someone is from isn't really relevant when it's their own region that tends to claim and manage content in that area.

AJ also said something about "every company is allowing youtubers to upload content from their games, it's good for sales, saturate the market, common sense blabla". He also added "yeah, and Nintendo sales are going down". AJ makes it look like that HE is the only answer to more sales. You have to be a fool and really narrow minded if you truly believe that. I could list you 10 other good reasons right of my hat why big video game companies are selling less and I'm not even a seller nor do I have the insights.

Nothing about this is hypocritical. He is correct in that it is Nintendo throwing away free coverage, this is something proven by sales data and multiple AAA and indie developers. You are correct in a line of thinking that most popular Youtubers tend to have an inflated sense of self importance but, again, that's not really relevant to anything in regards to being a hypocrite or the legal situation.

Fighting the NintendoBot and stating it in a public video is also another way to easily get targeted by Nintendo and I would feel no pity if Nintendo decides to takes further steps.

That would imply that Nintendo actually cares about Joe and watches his content, which is unlikely unless he was to start getting reported by news sources (though I guess he kind of did in 2014 or 2015 I think). I don't know what steps you would be referring to as claiming his income is really the only thing they can do. They can't do something like sue him first for flipping off a corporation in a Youtube video.....at least not yet.

However, if Nintendo doesn't want you to built content from their content, you have to respect this decision.

You really don't, legality of a lot of this is vague, not even agreed upon by many content creators, and would be up to courts to decide, who depending on who was looking over the case would likely come up with different answers, probably even more varied answers in different countries. It would make sense to stop having videos with images of their content, unless you actually were going to try to take it to court, but even then you certainly don't have to respect them, and I really don't mind someone complaining about a large wealthy corporation that has frequently damaged the industry or treated their employees poorly in the past and present.

I would really love to hear what AJ thinks about that if he goes into this discussion with a clear mind.

That's a rare thing to get from most gaming Youtubers in general, even more so when videos are typically done more as reactions to things and when someone has Angry in their name. You would be better of looking for content by Youtubers who tend to come into discussions in a calm, intellectual, legal and logic focused way, and with a more impersonal perspective (Extra Credits, Folding Ideas, hbomberguy, InnuendoStudios, Errant Signal, Cool Ghosts, Lindsay Ellis, Kyle Kallgren, etc), though I've never seen any of them do more than post a few tweets about Nintendo or Youtube policies, if they have ever said anything in the first place.

Crazycrab, Ninjin, Shagger and 1 other like this

Kind of a beaten story at this point..."Joe vs Nintendo" has been going on for awhile even though it's in brief instances. All Joe is trying to do is get heard so that maybe one day Nintendo will allow their content (games) to be used in videos with no restrictions. Will he win the fight? Magic 8ball says my sources say no. But to him Nintendo content is the forbidden fruit and he wants a taste, just can't take what he says so seriously because there's only so much he can actually do.

Pretty sure I've seen several times where Joe fans in the comments section complain he doesn't do enough nintendo content too so yeah. Actually that's something I notice nintendo fans often do, is be very vocal about commenting that XXX should make whatever for the latest nintendo gadget. I mean obviously every console/pc community has such people but Nintendo seems to be more apparent to me.

Firstly, welcome to the AJSA.

Legolas covered most of what had to be said, but here'so my my little bit.

Now, sorry mate, but you're wrong. Yes, what Nintendo is doing is well within thier rights and completely legal, nobody said otherwise, but its also selfish, archaic and stupid. I would also call it greedy, but given that Nintendo would make more money buy loosening the choke hold they put on content creators, it just brings me back to stupid.

It's also morally wrong. It's a blatant attempt to silence bad critique on YouTube and only leave positive content behind. Remember when Shadow of Mordor came out and the publisher would only let people who agreed to say nothing negative review the game pre-launch? Well, this is a different means to same end. Shadow of Mordor was decent game on it's own merits, so this stupid move turned PR disaster only hurt sales, so Nintendo can expect the same fate.

@Ninjin  You are dead wrong pal as other wiser individuals have already explained.  So I'm going to focus on something else I just found out about that's related.

According to a comment he made on his video it seems that Angry Joe is going to review The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in spite of all the issues with Nintendo.

O0eTVuj.png

I sincerely hope he does find a way to beat these copyright Nazi wankers and look forward to seeing this review!

Seirex, Lazilot and DoctorEvil like this

Nintendo can be as selfish as they freaking want ITS THERE CONTENT!!! does it suck? yeah it does and when I hear joe saying crap like "im going to take nintendo to court" it just makes me freaking laugh because AJSA will NOT win because of how long nintendo can drag the court case and run joe dry when it comes to MONEY something nintendo has infinite amounts of and joe not so much. 

So lets bury this crap about joe and nintendo because i think joe just wont get through nintendo JAPAN because in japanese culture RESPECT is number one and joe shows none of it in his rant videos about nintendo.

You either respect nintendos way of doing things by going through there program or you dont but when you see stupid shit like writing "We will link it to another site" to try and by pass or make a loop hole it just makes joe look even worse. Does he really think a company like nintendo cant shut down any other site he hosts it to? they might even go as far as suing joe then what will joe do? I just think this is a fight he cannot win when it comes to fighting a company with endless amounts of money to spend on lawyers.

On 3/10/2017 at 6:27 AM, Crazycrab said:

I sincerely hope he does find a way to beat these copyright Nazi wankers and look forward to seeing this review!

And that's why I use Vimeo, because they don't give a shit.

Seriously though, maybe if copyright law wasn't so vague companies couldn't get away with making these bullshit claims. This is 2017 for fuck sake. A lot of youtubers (including Angry Joe) basically make their income from playing/reviewing video games which is freaking awesome as well as a source of free publicity for a company.

So maybe if companies (especially Nintendo) stopped copyright claiming so many of our favorite youtubers then we'd stop raging about it and actually give them money... but until then I'll see you on the next...

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh wait it's already been copyright claimed, so never mind!

Crazycrab likes this

It's only ONE company out of literally endless others...seriously not even that big of a deal. Plenty of game content out there to monetize off of, one that regurgitates it's same IPs over and over is hardly something to lose sleep over. Joe and every Youtuber should be happy the other company's don't start conforming to the Nintendo ways, then all hell would break loose and I'd sit and eat popcorn watching the show.

But in the end it's still Joe's channel and if he keeps trying to make Nintendo videos then we will just have to see how he reacts when Nintendo does.