• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Blurmania 53

Mass Effect Andromeda,Worth pre-order/getting it at Launch?

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Is mass effect andromeda worth getting considering how bad mass effect 3's story was from beginning, middle and end? How most of your choices where most of the time 99% little to no effect and even though the extended cut fixed some, it created/left more things unchanged, and caused some lore breaking and other stuff. Even though I watched Joe's review and his EC review on it the game as a whole still feels as a disappointment.

Recently after watching a Youtuber by the name Smudboy on MEA's premise, is MEA worth getting considering what Bioware did with ME3 cause I feel MEA is in Andromeda is cause Bioware wrote themselves into a corner with ME3's ending and with this premise its their way to avoid using any of the endings from ME3 as cannon ending.

Thoughts on if I should pre order any edition, wait to see if Joe reviews it or not, or just pre order the game and get it at launch?

These are two videos I mentioned by Smudboy above like BSN Forums closed down last year and the premise of MEA: 

If I were a big fan of the series I would consider pre-ordering, hell I'd have probably ordered the collectors edition (which is actually pretty cool)....

mass_effect_andromeda_nomad_collectors_e

......But I'm not really that big a fan so I'm waiting for reviews.  On top of that I already have Zelda, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush 2 and I'm also considering NieR Automata so I'm pretty much fully booked until the summer anyway.

It's the same argument I'd make for pre-ordering any game, If you KNOW your going to play it and accept the risk that it might not be as good as you think then by all means go ahead.  I know most people take a very cynical view when it comes to pre-orders but I'm OK with it.  Nobody has the right to tell you what you can and can't do with your money.

To be honest you don't seem really that enthused so in your case I probably say no, but like I said it's your own choice......  and risk!

I have a Mass Effect Tattoo so you probably know what I'm going to say :) I pre-ordered ME:A not just because I'm a fan of the original trilogy. The main reason why I pre-ordered was because the game looks very promising. Great graphics, new galaxy, awesome looking gameplay (I never 100% liked the combat in ME 1-3).

However, I am worried about whether or not the characters will be as engaging as in the originals (Garrus FTW!) and I'm worried about them structuring side quests the same as they did in Dragon Age: Inquisition. DA:I wasn't bad, I actually really liked it, but it did have badly designed and sometimes boring side quests. Hopefully, since Bioware has stated that they're taking inspiration from The Witcher 3, ME:A will have better designed and more entertaining side quests.

If concerns like that are enough to make you want to wait for reviews, I'd say wait for the reviews. But for me, I'm confident that Bioware can pull it off.

mass_effect_andromeda_nomad_collectors_e

Didn't buy the RC car though. $200 for an RC car is ridiculous and that's not including the $50 shipping costs :(.

7 hours ago, Blurmania 53 said:

Hey guys. Is mass effect andromeda worth getting considering how bad mass effect 3's story was from beginning, middle and end? How most of your choices where most of the time 99% little to no effect and even though the extended cut fixed some, it created/left more things unchanged, and caused some lore breaking and other stuff. Even though I watched Joe's review and his EC review on it the game as a whole still feels as a disappointment.

Recently after watching a Youtuber by the name Smudboy on MEA's premise, is MEA worth getting considering what Bioware did with ME3 cause I feel MEA is in Andromeda is cause Bioware wrote themselves into a corner with ME3's ending and with this premise its their way to avoid using any of the endings from ME3 as cannon ending.

Thoughts on if I should pre order any edition, wait to see if Joe reviews it or not, or just pre order the game and get it at launch?

These are two videos I mentioned by Smudboy above like BSN Forums closed down last year and the premise of MEA: 

I would just try the $5 dollar EA Access. You get the first area for ten hours. More than enough time to figure out whether you want to put more money down. 

Legolas_Katarn likes this

I will probably be getting it at some point, but I am not going to pre-order. I have learned my lesson with that.

I love the series as well, but I choose to NOT preorder.  I was very disappointed with DAI PC K+M controls. I have yet to see any footage for Andromeda on an actual PC with a keyboard and mouse and not a port.  All the vids I have seen so far have what I consider to be subquality graphics, with faces a tad off. The lip syncing and the voices seem off as well.  I also don't find any of the males attractive (woman are not my thing), so if I play I probably wont be bothering with the romance options.  All that being said, I will buy the game because there just is not much else available for PC's right now and I do like gaming.

Edited by Lady Mutare
spelling errors

16 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

If I were a big fan of the series I would consider pre-ordering, hell I'd have probably ordered the collectors edition (which is actually pretty cool)....

"Pretty cool" you say? It doesn't actually come packaged with the game.....you have to buy that separately LOL ⁽ᵘᶰᶫᵉˢˢ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇᵘʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᴳᵃᵐᵉ ᴮᵘᶰᵈᶫᵉ⁾

Also, here's when the reviews for ME: Andromeda go up -

38 minutes ago, BleedingChaos23 said:

"Pretty cool" you say? It doesn't actually come packaged with the game.....you have to buy that separately LOL ⁽ᵘᶰᶫᵉˢˢ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇᵘʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᴳᵃᵐᵉ ᴮᵘᶰᵈᶫᵉ⁾

.....and that's a bad thing because.......  Think about it for a minute and not only does it make sense to give the option of buying without the game but it's actually BETTER for consumers because it gives them choices.

It gives the consumer the option of buying the collectors edition early (which you usualy have to do because they almost always sell out), WITHOUT having to comit to the game early.  You can choose not to buy the game and just the collectibles for display or a present for somone.  It gives the consumer time to read reviews for the game and sell the collector's edition stuff to someone else if they decide they don't want it.  They can choose which platform they want it on later if one gets a better port or pick up the game cheaper digitally or used.

What would you prefer?  That the publishers force you to buy the game with it day one before you gave had the chance see any critical feedback?

14 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

.....and that's a bad thing because.......  Think about it for a minute and not only does it make sense to give the option of buying without the game but it's actually BETTER for consumers because it gives them choices.

It gives the consumer the option of buying the collectors edition early (which you usualy have to do because they almost always sell out), WITHOUT having to comit to the game early.  You can choose not to buy the game and just the collectibles for display or a present for somone.  It gives the consumer time to read reviews for the game and sell the collector's edition stuff to someone else if they decide they don't want it.  They can choose which platform they want it on later if one gets a better port or pick up the game cheaper digitally or used.

What would you prefer?  That the publishers force you to buy the game with it day one before you gave had the chance see any critical feedback?

You say microtransactions and some season passes are cancerous, yet you'd be willing to spend money on extortionately priced crap that doesn't include the game itself, especially by a company you seem to shit on time after time, yet this is fine, you'll happily defend this shit?..........Hypocrisy much? 

You say microtransactions and some season passes are cancerous, yet you'd be willing to spend money on extortionately priced crap that doesn't include the game itself, especially by a company you seem to shit on time after time, yet this is fine, you'll happily defend this shit?..........Hypocrisy much?

Companies selling overpriced figures and toys for video games/movies/anime isn't exactly new. I don't see how it really makes it a bad practice if it's not cutting off gameplay content.

Crazycrab likes this

5 hours ago, BleedingChaos23 said:

The reason why I'm harder on digital content is because it has no real value, this kind of stuff (while I agree is overpriced most of the time) does.  Microtransactions in AAA games, even ones that aren't PTW are the worst and I will always shit on them because they intentionally make the game less enjoyable or more of a grind unless you pay a fee and that is wrong!

Rain likes this

22 hours ago, Blurmania 53 said:

Hey guys. Is mass effect andromeda worth getting considering how bad mass effect 3's story was from beginning, middle and end?

IMO I think ME3 was great from beginning, to middle and to the end. The end wasn't as good, until the update where they fixed it and explained the whole ending properly, which would be the perfect ending originally.

Anyway, moving that away, if you aren't sure about the game and specially if you didn't like the previous: then don't preorder!

I'm always against preordering unless for some reason you are 100% sure you going to like it and I always support it if you preorder physicial copies because they contain some physical goodies. However when it comes to preordering in general, I see no point, specially digital copies. All you are doing is giving up money up front for a product you don't really know what it's gonna be like besides promotional material (which btw always looks good hence why its promo material) and you are giving up money up front for a product that might fail. We've all learned from these mistakes and got burned by bad preorders. I personally don't because I only preordered 2 games in my life and I was lucky they weren't shit at launch. Now however it's more common that games are broken at launch and need 1 day massive GB patches and what not. 

I'm not a hater of EA, but this is EA we are talking about. They aren't really the best company to support like this atm. 

TLDR: Unless you want some special goodies that come with preorders, specially physical ones, then go for it. It's your money. But if you didn't like the previous game and you aren't sure about this then the answer is obvious: wait for reviews!

Crazycrab likes this

I loved all three of the originals and even though ME3 had a shitty ending, the rest of the content was up to par and in my opinion an improvement to gameplay. I not only pre-ordered...I pre-bought MEA lol. The gameplay and universe looks amazing, that fast paced action is a welcome change in my eyes.

So it's all personal opinion, if you loved the originals but cautious about the new one then wait awhile and don't pre-order. You would know right away if you wanted to pre-order based off what you've seen, save yourself the headache if you can't decide and wait for reviews.

After playing four hours of MEA, I would say rental if you can on this game. Of course the game could get better but at the moment the writing, support characters, facial/overall animation, and how simplistic the enemy AI works, it's middle of the road. The game runs fairly well at ultra settings with a 980 Ti but I have been hearing mixed reports for PC performance.

Again, you can toss down the five dollars like I did to make your own first impressions. 

I'm staring to get the feeling that maybe this has been rushed a little.... maybe.....   Oh who are kidding!  They fucked it and it's HILARIOUS!  Once the sex scenes get uploaded I'll offload and then I'm done!

Joking aside I know it's only snippets but it seems uncharacteristic of Bioware to misfire on things like dialogue and animations this badly, one character fires her weapon while holding it BACKWARDS!  Glitches like the pop in can be fixed through patches but there are many other things that can't, at least not anytime soon. This is pretty embarrassing, and I really feel sorry for anyone who was looking forward to this.

Joking aside I know it's only snippets but it seems uncharacteristic of Bioware to misfire on things like dialogue and animations this badly

This badly maybe, hopefully something that they can patch for the most part, but Bioware has always had poor character models and a lot of bad or awkward animations since Dragon Age. I saw a lot of the same kind of problems in Inquisition that people have been showing in this.

After playing four hours of MEA, I would say rental if you can on this game. Of course the game could get better but at the moment the writing, support characters, facial/overall animation, and how simplistic the enemy AI works, it's middle of the road.

Hearing a lot of mixed opinions but the people that are enjoying it seemed to have gotten further in and a lot of them even say they didn't enjoy the beginning.

From what I've seen, I feel like the game is going to be better than Inquisition but that people will be expecting more now with so many good AAA game releases and so much great writing, quest design, and characters in games like The Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, and Torment Tides of Numenera, people will like it less due to the other games making them expect more out of what companies like Bioware and Bethesda have been giving us for years.

Well, I have looked the early playthrough of this game.

I don't get why this and Horizon Zero Dawn suffers from "botched face lift" facial animations. I mean yes, it's great that the environments for both games looks great, but can't you make people's faces look right instead of...... CREEPY AS FUCK??? The salarians and turians has better faces than the humans and asaris! 

Putting face lift failure facial animations aside, Andromeda looks alright. It's basically Dragon Age Inquisition, but with jet packs and Mass Effect 3 combat. Wait2.... both games uses the same game engine, so I guess it can be interchanged. The game's more or less Interstellar, with Mass Effect races. And now since the paragon renegade system is completely scrapped, every dialogue is morally ambiguous. I like that actually. As for which one I want to romance in this game, it's definitely Peebee. Since the other options are a turian, angara and ms "Can't roll to the side" from Prometheus.

Ooh+a+prometheus+joke+here+s+a+joke+abou

That is if I buy the game, which I will not. I will not buy it until this new series has a trilogy pack.

On 2017-03-14 at 3:21 PM, Apex Spartan said:

IMO I think ME3 was great from beginning, to middle and to the end. The end wasn't as good, until the update where they fixed it and explained the whole ending properly, which would be the perfect ending originally.

Anyway, moving that away, if you aren't sure about the game and specially if you didn't like the previous: then don't preorder!

I'm always against preordering unless for some reason you are 100% sure you going to like it and I always support it if you preorder physicial copies because they contain some physical goodies. However when it comes to preordering in general, I see no point, specially digital copies. All you are doing is giving up money up front for a product you don't really know what it's gonna be like besides promotional material (which btw always looks good hence why its promo material) and you are giving up money up front for a product that might fail. We've all learned from these mistakes and got burned by bad preorders. I personally don't because I only preordered 2 games in my life and I was lucky they weren't shit at launch. Now however it's more common that games are broken at launch and need 1 day massive GB patches and what not. 

I'm not a hater of EA, but this is EA we are talking about. They aren't really the best company to support like this atm. 

TLDR: Unless you want some special goodies that come with preorders, specially physical ones, then go for it. It's your money. But if you didn't like the previous game and you aren't sure about this then the answer is obvious: wait for reviews!

On 2017-03-14 at 7:46 PM, Rain said:

I loved all three of the originals and even though ME3 had a shitty ending, the rest of the content was up to par and in my opinion an improvement to gameplay. I not only pre-ordered...I pre-bought MEA lol. The gameplay and universe looks amazing, that fast paced action is a welcome change in my eyes.

So it's all personal opinion, if you loved the originals but cautious about the new one then wait awhile and don't pre-order. You would know right away if you wanted to pre-order based off what you've seen, save yourself the headache if you can't decide and wait for reviews.

thanks guys.Its just that there are so many things from me3's story like choices,strange moments in game that does not make plain sense or that does not matter like choices rendered mostly uses cause bioware made the game more friendly to newer players by scrapping decision established players made in me3 previous trilogy and cause of other easons,the indoctrination theory etc. I wanted to preorder the only edition thats available physically and that is the standard edition which comes with a mp booster pack,nomad skin(that cant even shoot back at enemies like the mako haha) and a armor skin.And then i though to myself,im not in a hurry to get to the fastest level in multiplayer so i dont need the booster back,the unique nomad skin for a vehicle that cant shoot back, nah and the armor skin there plenty of armors to get in game so for now i may get it at launch or wait for reviews either for joe or otherwise.

On 3/13/2017 at 9:33 PM, Lady Mutare said:

I love the series as well, but I choose to NOT preorder.  I was very disappointed with DAI PC K+M controls. I have yet to see any footage for Andromeda on an actual PC with a keyboard and mouse and not a port.  All the vids I have seen so far have what I consider to be subquality graphics, with faces a tad off. The lip syncing and the voices seem off as well.  I also don't find any of the males attractive (woman are not my thing), so if I play I probably wont be bothering with the romance options.  All that being said, I will buy the game because there just is not much else available for PC's right now and I do like gaming.

OK I have to admit I broke down and bought the game and accessed the 10 hour early stuff.   I was weak, what can I say?

Rain likes this