• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Danganronpa V3. Warning for fans: just youtube it. The ultimate twist... is dogshit.

4 posts in this topic

So I was looking forward to playing Dangan Ronpa V3 after I played the previous games and even watched the Dangan Ronpa 3 anime. And it turns out that this game was actually released in Japan already in japanese, and the english version will arrive in September 2017. Being that I can't wait that long, I of course youtube this game, which thankfully has English translations!

Then I found out a warning online that this game's ending is fucking dogshit, and it rivals Mass Effect 3's ending in terms of Godawful and fuck you to the player........

That is terrible news. Really, really, terrible news.

So of course before going in to seeing what it's all about on youtube, I prepare myself for the worst.

Then I saw the entire game and..... well.......

Here's the thing. This game has 6 chapters. Chapter 1 till 5, basically everything before the final twist are awesome. There's new game mechanics put into this game, and it's the usual epic Phoenix Wright + Lightgun shooter gameplay as before.

And then chapter 6 comes in with the final twist, and it can kiss my ass. The twist is really really really stupid. I give it credit though, it's pretty ballsy, it sets up for a sequel, and if it's used in an entirely different franchise, it will work. But for Dangan Ronpa? It doesn't fit. AT ALL. It pretty much betrays the entire series up to this point. Like, WHAT IS THIS SHIT?? Thank God I saw the game's playthough because if I actually waited and buy this game, I will be so fucking pissed off and feel ripped off.

My warning to you people that wants to play this game, just youtube it. Seriously. It's up right now and greatly translated right here. You will be happy that you saved your money and not be pissed right off after seeing the game's ultimate twist.

But for those of you that are curious and REALLY want to know what the game's final twist is, I will tell you what the twist is in a spoiler box down here. You'll thank me for it.

Turns out this entire game has nothing at all to do with the previous Dangan Ronpa games and anime in terms of plot. The Dangan Ronpa 3 anime is pretty much the ending of the series. 

Dangan Ronpa V3 actually takes place in the real world. As in, the real world that we live in right now, and the entire game is a fucking game show. Yes, an "ultimate killing game show" made by the dev team of Dangan Ronpa 1 - 3 because those games are so popular, that the "genius" behind those games actually created an identical game show in real life similar to the previous games, where every contestants are given fake memories as high school students with ultimate talents, and they all have to kill each other to get the ultimate price of either escape the game show, or get brainwashed and have to repeat the entire killing game as a new contestant in a new game. And this entire game is the 53rd annual Killing Show. Get it? V3? 53? URRGHHHHHH!!

Ok, first of all, why aren't these people arrested? They should be given a death sentence for actually doing this to other people.

Secondly, by making the entire game show to begin with, these dev team are worse than Junko. Because while Junko is a complete bitch that does the thing she did because she's fascinated by Despair and want to vanquish Hope, these dev team are just in it for the money and audience's sadistic urges and doesn't care if they have to kill other people for it. But I guess that makes sense since they're the ones who created her in the first place.

And thirdly, THIS GAME TOTALLY RIPS OFF THE TRUMAN SHOW! How unoriginal is that??? So what will the next game's big twist be? That V3's world is actually a virtual reality world, and that the true villain of the ENTIRE franchise are Monokuma machines that slaved mankind and put them into the Matrix to fuel them?? THIS TWIST IS SO STUPID!

Turns out this entire game has nothing at all to do with the previous Dangan Ronpa games and anime in terms of plot. The Dangan Ronpa 3 anime is pretty much the ending of the series. 

They said that months ago, if not over a year ago.

I don't even see why that ending would matter or even be disliked by most people who enjoy the series.

14 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

They said that months ago, if not over a year ago.

I don't even see why that ending would matter or even be disliked by most people who enjoy the series.

At a point in the game they showed Junko's name, so of course immediately I was like "oh shit, what will the twist be???"  Then that twist happens. I guess the dev think it's pretty funny.

In the game itself, the plot twist is shown in such a way that makes fun of the fans of the series.

Like "oh, you enjoyed the previous games don't ya? Well good news! We will actually make it a reality, and you will be the spectators of people killing themselves for fun. Because deep down, you are all murderers." Even though the point of the series before is all about fighting against despair and hope will always triumph even in the darkest of times.

A lot of fans of the original series hated the last chapter twist. It's actually so bad, that when there was a fake ending spoiler that was leaked which tells a completely different story, people actually prefer that fake ending spoiler to the actual game's twist. You probably like the twist, which is cool! Glad you liked it. But not for other people.

It's a good thing I don't buy this game as this kind of ending is the type that makes me want to just break the game in half if I bought it. And it's such a shame because the game up to that point is FAR better in gameplay than the previous Dangan Ronpa. If they make a sequel, which I'm sure there will be, it'll be hard to fix the mess of V3 after people's reactions to it. Unless of course they found a way to fix everything, which considering how much twists this series has, will be an interesting thing to see.

I rather stick to Danganronpa 1 and 2.

Kaz32 likes this