• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

What upcoming 2017 games do you think will suck, or at least not be that good?

34 posts in this topic

2017 has been an amazing year for games. So far, only that stupid Power Rangers game can be considered the worst game of 2017. And this.

But the year is still young, so we better be cautious as to not get trapped into buying a crappy game, or at the very least games that will end up being a disappointment. So, what upcoming games do you think will end up either sucking hard, or ended up being a disappointment?

This is an interesting year where I believe that most of the upcoming games will ended up being awesome. Hell, have you seen the lineups? Persona 5, God of War, Prey, Injustice 2, Tekken 7, South Park Fractured But Whole, Outlast 2, RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2, LAST OF US PART 2 JUST GIVE ME THESE GAMES ALREADY GODDAMN IT!!!

But I have 1 definite game that I highly suspect will suck: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3.

Looks good doesn't it? Well, if you have played the beta like I did, then you'll know how glitchy, stiff as hell and just outright broken this game was. A stealth sniping game, with no manual save, and with a climbing mechanic so stiff that it feels painful to climb stuff, among other things that I actually wrote down in my first impression, and I shit you not, this game's beta is the worst beta I have ever played.

Now this was only the beta, so hopefully the full version will fix these issues. But even if it is fixed, the finished game will be uninspired and cliched, and other similar games that's released this year did what this game does even better already. Like Sniper Elite 4, and Ghost Recon Wildlands. Hell, especially Ghost Recon Wildlands because Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is almost identical in gameplay to that game, only difference is Sniper is an FPS and Ghost Recon is a third person shooter. I suggest buying those games instead.

Well I'm already convinced that Shadow of War, just like it's predecessor is going to suck.  But the reasons I hate that game that mostly revolve how you play as an invincible billy badass moron against dumb as fuck AI are what most people seem to like about it so fuck knows!

I do indeed have no shits to give about what Dice (cough, cough, Battlefront 2) and Activision  (the next COD) have to offer at all. With the exception of God of War and the new Mario,  2017 is gonna struggle to keep par with Q1. Especially for Playstation,  the first part of this year has been amazing.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

Well I'm already convinced that Shadow of War, just like it's predecessor is going to suck.  But the reasons I hate that game that mostly revolve how you play as an invincible billy badass moron against dumb as fuck AI are what most people seem to like about it so fuck knows!

Well, Joe loves it.

BUUUT we shall see. I mean the game can possibly suffer from rushed development and everything can fall apart. It happened before after all. Cough, cough, Rome Total War 2, COUGH!!! My throat tickles for some reason.

Well at least the review will be funny as hell, so either way it's a win win!

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

and Activision  (the next COD) have to offer at all. 

Oh fuck me. I forgot about that.

Well, judging by how desperate Activision has been recently,

This series is on its deathbed by now. They really need to work on a new series.

1 hour ago, Kaz32 said:

Well, judging by how desperate Activision has been recently,

1 hour ago, Kaz32 said:

This series is on its deathbed by now. They really need to work on a new series.

I'd disagree, I'd rather have them disappear or die out or something rather than introduce another soldier power fantasy 'Murica franchise, you just know whatever is new is going to be CoD with a different name....

I'm surprised to see MeA hasn't made it on this list. Even though the graphics are a flame topic they really are not what I expected. The storyline seems a bit dry and by the numbers. 

Note I obviously haven't played it yet.

1 hour ago, Seirex said:

I'm surprised to see MeA hasn't made it on this list. Even though the graphics are a flame topic they really are not what I expected. The storyline seems a bit dry and by the numbers. 

Note I obviously haven't played it yet.

Oho no, just because the game has ..... creepy as fuck facial expressions, doesn't mean the game sucks automatically. Horizon Zero Dawn also has.... some of the stiffest and fucked up facial animations I have ever seen, but that game in total is an awesome Tomb Raider + Witcher 3 + Far Cry 3 mixup. We have to see the entire game first from beginning to end.

Seirex likes this

Lol I don't know, for some reason the game makes me think of 'Robot Chicken ' which probably isn't a good thing

... MaE was secretly made by Seth Green, mind blown!

i should cut the game some slack but I don't know how no one noticed all the weird and bad animations and some textures. Maybe they did but deadline didn't allow them to fix it. Sucks for the dev team.

There is a game I am curious about Vampyr I think it is called but I cannot recall exactly. Worried it is going to suck since it looks really interesting to me. Also Prey.

11 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Thats exactly what I think about every musou game... Drives me nuts that people want that style incorporated in other series now. Ugh.

I hate to say it, but I feel Bungie will disappoint with Destiny 2 this year. It's stated to be released by the end of 2017 so it will most likely have an E3 appearance. But the first game has SOO much potential in lore it's like Halo to me. The first one was bad in the story and overall repetitive, Joe's review practically covers this. Even with each DLC the game left me with more questions than answers.

HaruKari and Seirex like this

16 hours ago, Would you Kindly said:

Also Prey.

Let me guess - because "it's not like the original".

my list of games that might suck or even kill the franchise (hope not)

- Mass Effect Andromeda

- Dawn of War 3

- Prey

- Descent Underground

- Aquanox Deep Descent

- Outcast 2nd contact

- Mechwarrior 5

- Blitzkrieg 3

- Star Citizen

- Destiny 2

Most of what I am worried over has been mention. Prey, Mass Effect, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3. But I will add Crackdown 3 to the list and State of Decay 2. 

5 hours ago, Madfinnishgamer38 said:

Let me guess - because "it's not like the original".

I would say that could be a fair statement. I personally loved the 360 version. A Prey done by the team behind Dishonored sounds good, it's horror which is nice, but I really wanted the space bounty hunter sequel. 

28 minutes ago, Wade D McGinnis said:

I would say that could be a fair statement.

Not when there's only one entry in the entire franchise in more than a fucking decade.

3 hours ago, Madfinnishgamer38 said:

Not when there's only one entry in the entire franchise in more than a fucking decade.

To be fair people were still holding onto the sequel. Just like folks hold onto Half Life 3. There were enough fans, cult following, to want to see another game versus a remake. 

8 hours ago, Wade D McGinnis said:

To be fair people were still holding onto the sequel. Just like folks hold onto Half Life 3. There were enough fans, cult following, to want to see another game versus a remake

Which the new Prey is not. It's a reboot. Huge difference between the two terms.

Probably gonna get some hate for saying this but... do we really need another Outlast? Jump scares aside that game was incredibly lazy and... downright hilarious at times.

Times like:

When your character gets his fingers chopped off and the first thing he thinks is "Where's my camera?".

When you see a guy hanging from a meat hook in the beginning and think "I wonder what did this to him" instead of "I'm getting the fuck out of here".

When you're being chased by a monster and fail to QTE your way through an obstacle like a jackass.

When you hide in a locker while a monster is in the same room with you and SURPRISE he finds you.

When you realize you should of just driven away at the start of the game because honestly what good can come out of investigating an abandoned insane asylum in the middle of nowhere?

Actually, now that you mention it... I'm kinda looking forward to how silly Outlast 2 will be.

On 20/03/2017 at 0:17 AM, Morgan249 said:

I hate to say it, but I feel Bungie will disappoint with Destiny 2 this year. It's stated to be released by the end of 2017 so it will most likely have an E3 appearance. But the first game has SOO much potential in lore it's like Halo to me. The first one was bad in the story and overall repetitive, Joe's review practically covers this. Even with each DLC the game left me with more questions than answers.

Pretty much this.

Destiny 2 needs to do a lot not only to appeal to the fans that are still playing the original but also to bring back those who were dissappointed with the first game (I count myself in the later catagory by the way) and as things currently stand I don't think they have the ability to pull this off.

Morgan249 likes this

On 4/3/2017 at 5:25 PM, HaruKari said:

Pretty much this.

Destiny 2 needs to do a lot not only to appeal to the fans that are still playing the original but also to bring back those who were dissappointed with the first game (I count myself in the later catagory by the way) and as things currently stand I don't think they have the ability to pull this off.

I feel ya bud. I'm a big lore person and all that so as I played Destiny I was hoping that we would finally have some answers in Rise of Iron. What did we get? Cool armor, weapons, a raid, and enemy. I hope in Destiny 2 they cover all enemies this time and not just focus on the Cabal alone. I got plenty of ideas of how the story could be but it seems like the big focus is on the Cabal which is fine. Like they need to address the Fallen House Kings, the mysterious bunch plotting deep in the cosmodrome. Talk about Nakris, Crota's brother who was only mentioned in Destiny 1 when you were about to fight Oryx. The Cabal? Well we Ghaul but remember in one strike the Cabal on the Dreadnought called for the Empire's help. Maybe we can finally see the Emperor and a raid? The Vex though? I feel like we kinda hurt em alot so maybe they won't be a big thing. My point is that Destiny 2 has tons of potential for a story. I think they need to abandon the MMO concept completely cause 12 people in a world aint an MMO to me i'm sorry. I literally could rant on this for hours.

12 hours ago, Morgan249 said:

I feel ya bud. I'm a big lore person and all that so as I played Destiny I was hoping that we would finally have some answers in Rise of Iron. What did we get? Cool armor, weapons, a raid, and enemy. I hope in Destiny 2 they cover all enemies this time and not just focus on the Cabal alone. I got plenty of ideas of how the story could be but it seems like the big focus is on the Cabal which is fine. Like they need to address the Fallen House Kings, the mysterious bunch plotting deep in the cosmodrome. Talk about Nakris, Crota's brother who was only mentioned in Destiny 1 when you were about to fight Oryx. The Cabal? Well we Ghaul but remember in one strike the Cabal on the Dreadnought called for the Empire's help. Maybe we can finally see the Emperor and a raid? The Vex though? I feel like we kinda hurt em alot so maybe they won't be a big thing. My point is that Destiny 2 has tons of potential for a story. I think they need to abandon the MMO concept completely cause 12 people in a world aint an MMO to me i'm sorry. I literally could rant on this for hours.

Destiny 2. Not because of the lore (though that crap better be in game and not force me to go to some website to learn stuff I agree) but because they rip important crud out of the main game to make it expansion later. Hell they all ready have two expansions announced, with leaked image of what the Expansion 1 and Expansion 2 image are which played key components in the first game. Expansion 1 has the Eye of Osiris for its logo and Expansion 2 has the symbol of the Warminds', more importantly it probably will deal with the AI Warmind that has been talked about the most and in the game, Rasputin. SO yeah, thanks Bungo for deciding to remove two pivotal things more then likely and make them expansions that probably won't be any bigger then the Crota expansion. Oh joy... So yeah while I do hope Bungo learned from mistakes, I also sincerely believe they haven't and they are going to repeat the same mistakes again (which with all ready two planned expansions up for preorder like the original game it seems to be the case).

As for the lore, House of Kings we still don't know much but some new grimore card has the Brother of the Queen stating the House of Kings as being "a broken house, with a broken leader." or something along those lines. Perhaps when the Devil's found the Siva they struck the House of Kings breaking them. House of Kings after all seem to have left Old Russia by the time of Rise of Iron comes around. Either that or the Borther just really doesn't like fallen since in the same card it talks about him seeking the House of Kings guided by an echo of his sister, the Queen. He seemingly wishes to subvert the Fallen to his own end. Also another card states that the Fallen are seemingly leaving/withdrawing from their locations and burning their banners. Perhaps the real Kell of Kells is coming?

As for the Cabal, it was actually a mission not a strike that tells you about the distress beacon sent out of the system, this is why Destiny 2's main enemy is the Cabal. I doubt we will fight the Emperor though, maybe like the champion of the emperor or something but the emperor himself I doubt would come to the system like Oryx did. The Vex are finicky things. While we did do devastating things to them I don't think they are entirely gone. They seem like coach roaches to me, no matter what you do they just don't stay gone, all they need is time which they manipulate. I do hope we are done with the hive for awhile actually kind of sick of them after Oryx.

Morgan249 likes this

1 hour ago, argetlam350 said:

Destiny 2. Not because of the lore (though that crap better be in game and not force me to go to some website to learn stuff I agree) but because they rip important crud out of the main game to make it expansion later. Hell they all ready have two expansions announced, with leaked image of what the Expansion 1 and Expansion 2 image are which played key components in the first game. Expansion 1 has the Eye of Osiris for its logo and Expansion 2 has the symbol of the Warminds', more importantly it probably will deal with the AI Warmind that has been talked about the most and in the game, Rasputin. SO yeah, thanks Bungo for deciding to remove two pivotal things more then likely and make them expansions that probably won't be any bigger then the Crota expansion. Oh joy... So yeah while I do hope Bungo learned from mistakes, I also sincerely believe they haven't and they are going to repeat the same mistakes again (which with all ready two planned expansions up for preorder like the original game it seems to be the case).

As for the lore, House of Kings we still don't know much but some new grimore card has the Brother of the Queen stating the House of Kings as being "a broken house, with a broken leader." or something along those lines. Perhaps when the Devil's found the Siva they struck the House of Kings breaking them. House of Kings after all seem to have left Old Russia by the time of Rise of Iron comes around. Either that or the Borther just really doesn't like fallen since in the same card it talks about him seeking the House of Kings guided by an echo of his sister, the Queen. He seemingly wishes to subvert the Fallen to his own end. Also another card states that the Fallen are seemingly leaving/withdrawing from their locations and burning their banners. Perhaps the real Kell of Kells is coming?

As for the Cabal, it was actually a mission not a strike that tells you about the distress beacon sent out of the system, this is why Destiny 2's main enemy is the Cabal. I doubt we will fight the Emperor though, maybe like the champion of the emperor or something but the emperor himself I doubt would come to the system like Oryx did. The Vex are finicky things. While we did do devastating things to them I don't think they are entirely gone. They seem like coach roaches to me, no matter what you do they just don't stay gone, all they need is time which they manipulate. I do hope we are done with the hive for awhile actually kind of sick of them after Oryx.

Hmm seems like I was wrong in some areas, thank you for being nice about it. As much as I love the lore of it I will admit it's been some time since I have last seem the grimoire (it is a stupid system). If what you say on the Fallen are true then i'm kinda sad then as I really love them. Seems your info on House Kings abandoning Russia is true, so maybe they are still around in a another zone of Europe as it seems there is no info on the Kell of Kings death. Regardless, the beta in the summer and reveal in May will determine my purchase. I HOPE, this game will improve.

Star Wars: Battlefront 2.... just another EA milking

I'm going to be hopeful for destiny 2 if only because they're bloody making it on pc this time like they damn well should have done in the first place instead of ps3 and ecksbawks 360.

That being said, how long ago has it been since bungie made a game on pc? I'm kinda worried they'll be kinda noob at optimization and such again. Not to mention I wonder if their ties with microsoft will make it so they're one of those windows 11 only devs.

6 hours ago, Ghaleon said:

I'm going to be hopeful for destiny 2 if only because they're bloody making it on pc this time like they damn well should have done in the first place instead of ps3 and ecksbawks 360.

That being said, how long ago has it been since bungie made a game on pc? I'm kinda worried they'll be kinda noob at optimization and such again. Not to mention I wonder if their ties with microsoft will make it so they're one of those windows 11 only devs.  I assume you mean Windows 10

It's a multi-platform title from Acvtivision, not Microsoft so their is no reason whatsoever to make it a Windows 10 exclusive......  I don't know why you would even come to that conclusion!