• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

What upcoming 2017 games do you think will suck, or at least not be that good?

34 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Morgan249 said:

Hmm seems like I was wrong in some areas, thank you for being nice about it. As much as I love the lore of it I will admit it's been some time since I have last seem the grimoire (it is a stupid system). If what you say on the Fallen are true then i'm kinda sad then as I really love them. Seems your info on House Kings abandoning Russia is true, so maybe they are still around in a another zone of Europe as it seems there is no info on the Kell of Kings death. Regardless, the beta in the summer and reveal in May will determine my purchase. I HOPE, this game will improve.

Oh I agree the system is stupid. I do hope they still do something with the Kings because I rather enjoy the fallen stuff especially with how the Kings are perhaps the most powerful house with how manipulative they are of the other houses but the new cards seem to be pointing that we might not ever know. Hopefully though they are planning something big for the fallen. I do hope they improve as well.

Now enough about the lore back to the topic at hand. I forgot about Battlefront 2. Another game that I do hope they have learned from the mistakes of the first but I have my doubts as well. As least they plan to have a single player, that's at least a step in the right direction.

likes this

On 4/6/2017 at 9:47 AM, argetlam350 said:

Oh I agree the system is stupid. I do hope they still do something with the Kings because I rather enjoy the fallen stuff especially with how the Kings are perhaps the most powerful house with how manipulative they are of the other houses but the new cards seem to be pointing that we might not ever know. Hopefully though they are planning something big for the fallen. I do hope they improve as well.

Now enough about the lore back to the topic at hand. I forgot about Battlefront 2. Another game that I do hope they have learned from the mistakes of the first but I have my doubts as well. As least they plan to have a single player, that's at least a step in the right direction.

I forgot about that one since Destiny 2 is getting tons of hype. Hope we hear more on that game as well since the first one was just ehh at best.

On 3/19/2017 at 4:26 PM, Seirex said:

Lol I don't know, for some reason the game makes me think of 'Robot Chicken ' which probably isn't a good thing

... MaE was secretly made by Seth Green, mind blown!

i should cut the game some slack but I don't know how no one noticed all the weird and bad animations and some textures. Maybe they did but deadline didn't allow them to fix it. Sucks for the dev team.

The graphics in ME:A are really good. I don't know why people flame the game on graphics, they are pretty good. Specially when you walk around Tempest, ARKs and Nexus - the metal reflections, the textures on metal floors, like really clean and slick and then you see a few scratches reflect off in lighting. The lighting, the reflections, textures on most places look beautiful.

These are just some screens I took on high graphics (with 1-2 things on medium)

MassEffectAndromeda_2017-04-08_00-25-55-

MassEffectAndromeda_2017-04-08_00-20-30-

MassEffectAndromeda_2017-04-08_00-17-25-

MassEffectAndromeda_2017-04-06_17-08-54-

MassEffectAndromeda_2017-04-06_17-04-45-

MassEffectAndromeda_2017-04-06_17-04-38-

The facial animations aren't even that bad at all. In cutscenes (like one above), you can see how good the faces look and animations. They are really detailed. When characters frown, you can see how their skin tightens and everything and emotions look good. Now depending on how you make your Ryder (dont go with default Sara - default guy is fine), then you are pretty much fine. Make a custom character with thin and not too big mouth and you will avoid the hilarious faces and mouth animations.  It's the normal dialogue throughout the game when you randomly talk to NPCs, that the faces are somewhat stale, but it's easy to get over it.

I won't defend the game, they had 40 million dollar budget and they fucked it up, but it's no reason to hate the game. It's worth on sales, if not for 60.

The game's story is not bad either, gameplay/combat is a shit ton of fun and huge improvement from previous MEs. I went to play this game with extremely low expectations. When I was waiting for my Ryder to show her face in-game, I was like "holy shit lets wait for the ugly face" and she looked CUTE af in most scenes. 

I will play a 2nd playthrough with male Ryder probably. 

Shit ton of content in the game and exploring is pretty fun too.

I think the game deserved the flack, but I think it made the game look worse  than it actually does. It's a good game to play imo and so far it's a solid 7/10 for me. Would of been an 8 if it wasn't for performance issues at some places and a few bugs.

As for what I think will be the worst games of 2017...eh I don't know. I actually thought it would be Andromeda until I actually played it lol

My current cents are on Battlefront 2 or any COD game if it comes out this year.

likes this

On 3/19/2017 at 3:55 PM, Kaz32 said:

Oho no, just because the game has ..... creepy as fuck facial expressions, doesn't mean the game sucks automatically.

True, it means half of the game sucks automatically, the RPG half.

Even if the writing in that game was any good, you'd still have to spend your Role-Playing parts laughing out loud or alternatively trembling in fear. But from what I've seen even if they fix the animations, the writing is still pretty bad and the illusion of choice is in your face most of the time.

Isn't this what basically happened to Fallout 4? Fuck the RPG system and improve Combat? This kind of changes sadden me, as I think Mass Effect and Fallout were both at least decent mixes of RPG and Combat, I prefer that type rather than something like Pillars of Eternity or Fallout 2, isometric RPGs I think is the term?

Everything is going to be shittier than anticipated

I wont judge of andromeda is a bad game or not. I can accept it may be actually a good game despite the facial animations. But given I thought 1 and 2 were way overrated (1 was boring as fuu with shitty combat, copy-paste environments, horrible planet exploration, and the story was honestly only noteworth because it was sci-fi which is less common in a higher budget story-driven game, which I  am reluctant to call it as is. 2 was better game-play wise, but you spend pretty much the entire game collecting your crew, and then you get like 1 mission and its over. wut), I don't really have love for the franchaise in general. Compound that with the lead designer or project manager or whatever that racist fuck was, I forgot his position, yeah, no. I don't want to give them a penny. I'll try it if my brother gets it, or if it's included in a humble bundle I'm getting anyway, or a key trade on here or something, but I sure as hell am not going to buy it on its own.

7 hours ago, Ghaleon said:

2 was better game-play wise, but you spend pretty much the entire game collecting your crew, and then you get like 1 mission and its over.

Well, what's wrong with collecting your crew? The pace seems reasonable to me, there's a world ending threat, you spend your time preparing for it, and then kick it's butt, but I'd agree that the last mission could have been better. However I was intrigued by the characters, I did like all of them except Jack, cause I've seen that trope too much, I think they were memorable and their missions actually had character arcs, we helped them develop and we had a choice every single time, I think that's the very essence of RPGs, choice and character development. :) 

Compound that with the lead designer or project manager or whatever that racist fuck was, I forgot his position, yeah, no.

Yeah that guy embodies stupidity, it's like the holy grail of hypocrisy and mental retardation :D But the problem is he's not the only one who shares those crazy beliefs, he's stated multiple times how his collegues and even boss encourage him to keep this up.

I can accept it may be actually a good game despite the facial animations.

Sure, I was concerned about the animations because of BioWare-style RPGs always have the roleplaying with the camera focusing on the faces, so it might break immersion, imagine the Witcher 3 with those animations, would you immediately not skip every not-super-important-cutscene immediately? Imagine when Geralt found Ciri and his eyes looked like:maxresdefault.jpg

Instead of the beautiful, expressive animations he had during that heartbreaking moment? Facial animations are important for this kind of RPGs, since we don't have actors to convey emotions with their faces, they are limited to only their voices, a performance hinges on the voice,animations and writing.

Well now. Turns out as I predicted, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is still the same buggy mess as the beta that I played. And well, Mass Effect Andromeda is the lowest point in the Mass Effect series. Not a bad game, but more of a disappointment and wasted potential.

But it looks like we have ourselves a sure fire "game that will undoubtedly suck balls" of the year!

God, have mercy on us all.

Not sure about Shaq Fu though.

Look at how self aware it is on how atrocious the previous game is. And gameplaywise it looks..... alright. Certainly better than the Sega Genesis SNES game, but that's not saying much. What I'm worried about is whether or not the hit detection will be as fucked as that Power Rangers game Joe played, or be great like a classic beat em up game. I hope this game will be surprisingly awesome and close to Double Dragon Neon, love that game. But we'll see when it comes out!

I don't mind collecting all the party members in 2, that's fine in of itself. But I wish that you kinda had some adventures together for more than just like 1 mission after. Getting back to where you left off shouldn't even take half the game, much less 90% of it.

Ranisel likes this