• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

What score do you think Joe will give Mass Effect Andromeda?

17 posts in this topic

Andromeda is having.... an interesting time right now based on the reviews.

What score do you think Joe will give this game? And will he say "YOU DONE FUCKED IT UP!"? 

My guess is he's most likely going to give the game..... either a 6 or a 7. He'll certainly say that this game is a disappointment and a low point in the series. As for the "YOU DONE FUCKED IT UP", that depends on if he considers poor performance, dat fucked up botched face lifts of human faces and the lame as all hell dialogue as "FUCKED IT UP". Maybe he'll also mention how the story is weak and just a re thread of the first Mass Effect game and factor that as too, if the plot is as bland as I heard from other people that played the game already. But most likely yes, he will say those delicious words.

One thing's for sure though, this review will be a delight to watch. Let us wait for it to come, with pop corn and a spoon full ice cream.

funny-can-i-have-some-ice-cream-only-a-s

If I had to guess right now I probably say 6 but who knows.

I'd love Joe to review this cause I really need some help to decide if I buy this or not.

I would guess a 5. Not bad, but certainly not good.

I would love to be wrong about this game and it turn out to be just as good as the previous ones but that seems highly unlikely.

Some of the story lines wont be available until after the 10 hour limit...but the whole AI story..the implants and the AI not going insane and  not controlling you. How do the krogan plan to deal with the genophage if they left before Femshep could cure them?  Why does no one else question why a 20 year old is now the pathfinder?  I mean I am a veteran and I have a 20 year old..No way would I allow them to lead a team to save us all.  At 20 what have the Ryder twins done? Been to school and maybe a few jobs?  Not seeing why they are the pathfinder. If you answer"because their dad was" then you have to assume Cora is going to be a maniacal insane power hungry control freak like the Illusive man, or that the cooks children will always be cooks etc.  Just a lot of bad story designs so far that are full of holes.  Not even going to discuss the PC animation issues and controls being off..nor the difference in combat.  I dont like not being able to tell my team exactly what to do.  They dont assume cover very well and they wish to tank it too much.  Joe will wait until he plays the whole game probably to do his review..but I dont think he will give it over a 7.

Why a 7?  Because the MP is ok, better than the main game.

Honestly...it's going to be a "You Done Fucked Up". I would be surprised if Joe enjoys the game past a six or seven rating. Just started playing the game myself and I have to say thus far, it's a rental or deep sale at the moment. Bioware seems to think semi open world and a number of things were the right way but they all come off as half ass by other titles this year and last year. 

On 3/20/2017 at 6:59 AM, Kaz32 said:

As for the "YOU DONE FUCKED IT UP", that depends on if he considers poor performance, dat fucked up botched face lifts of human faces and the lame as all hell dialogue as "FUCKED IT UP". Maybe he'll also mention how the story is weak and just a re thread of the first Mass Effect game and factor that as too, if the plot is as bland as I heard from other people that played the game already. But most likely yes, he will say those delicious words.

It's funny you mention face lifts, I noticed in the originals all the humans had the polar opposite...bitchy resting face. They all looked like they were frowning or simply emotionless, they did smile though when making positive comments/statements. I guess the dev over-compensated with the face lift and now they all look like they work at Disneyland. Where's the happy medium devs???

I would like it to be good, but I think I will wait a bit before buying, at least til they get some patches in.

I agree that the game has its issues, they should not have shipped it with face bugs like that, but i still do enjoy it. I think all he negative reviews that have to do with a story are due to the fact that we have high expectations comming from previous mass effect games, like the current squad mates are not as cool as tali, rex, and other guys, but lets remember that those guys didnt become the cool squad mates  that we love till mass effect 2. Overall game is pretty good, looking forward to see the fixes, and fuck rippers and ghost child

Rain likes this

My only question is, has this game done well enough to deserve a sequel?

Not sure how many of you have played, but there is no face lifts thank jebus. They did go for "realistic" facial expressions though which isn't too bad but sometimes overly exaggerated. I can give my first impressions if anyone is interested.

For those who haven't seen it yet: 

That should give you an idea of the score he'll give it.

OJ is the best co-pilot to play games with hands down lmao, that was hilarious.

37 minutes ago, Rain said:

OJ is the best co-pilot to play games with hands down lmao, that was hilarious.

Agreed.

As for the score, guess we'll have to wait and see. *walks away and builds a betting chart*

Is ME:A good game? For me, a die-hard ME fan, (who has a Mass Effect N7 tattoo) the game is a solid 7 for me. An 8, it didn't have all of the technical issues that currently plague the game. However, when compared to the original trilogy, it's highly disappointing. ME:A is broad and general terms is okay when placed next to every other RPG. Obviously, games like The Witcher 3 destroy ME:A in every department... but even knowing and agreeing with this, I still like ME:A. I like the sci-fi worlds, I'm not bothered by the repetitive side quests and I don't find all the writing to be bad (some of the writing is terrible though, laughably so).

Now, if you're a hardcore Mass Effect fan or if you're willing to look past the bad animations (some of which have kinda been fixed) or if you simply adore sci-fi themed games, then I'd say there is plenty of enjoyment to be had with ME:A. However, if you're expecting a super refined, fresh take on the RPG genre or a game at a Witcher 3 standard, I'd recommend either skipping it entirely or, at the very least, waiting for a sale and/or fixes to be implemented.

I could go on forever about what makes the game great and what falls flat but then I'd be doing Joe's job for him, wouldn't I? :dwiaj:

After playing 7 hours, Lets get down the list shall we? ill try not to spoil anything.

-Main Character history is amateurish... they are both too young to even be there at all, and their back story is.. "papa made me the pathfinder", thats not only weak, its BS, the main character did not earn its place, Shepard had to go trought a lot to earn is place, someone remember ME1 backstory selection? Shepard also had to earn is place as a spectre too.

-Main plot is OK, so far, not great, but OK.

-The most interesting character died in less than an hour. The others are not even worth talking to.

-Dialogue is BAD, really really bad across all characters... and this looks more like a sitcom than a Mass Effect game... they are making jokes ALL THE TIME!!! They are not taking anything serious... even on scenes when they are about to die, they keep making jokes!!! Since when Mass Effect is a comedy game?

-The enemy now has "death animations"... WTH, the Kett has TWO (2) death animations, depending on where you landed the kill hit, if it has on the head, it will drop on their knees, if it was anywhere else, they will do pirouette... is the same damn thing over and over. I played all 3 ME multiple times and i never noticed this repetition, i can notice this on the first mission on Andromeda already.

-The Krogan does not feel like Krogan, the design is bad, the krogan female voices are bad, bah, voice acting is on the low side across the board here.

-The Asari does not feel like Asari anymore, the faces, their expressions, the voices... they are blue human women, period.

-Talking about Asari... besides Peebee there seems to be only 1 generic model, maybe 2 for other important character, what is this, the clone wars?.

328lmxf4n0oy.jpg

-This is a crime 

-Combat: I hate the "shoot behind cover" system... is 100% pure garbage and it should be removed of the game ASAP, seriusly what is this?

W8nnRt3.png

6fKVnHM.png

He is not even shooting at the target, yet, it hits. Also it looks bad most the time. Thats not how you shoot a weapon.

-Character models, face / eye animations are all awfull, even ME1 looks better sometimes, definately worse than ME3.

Maybe im forgetting something, but im really angry right now, this game does not deserve to be called Mass Effect, the only thing im liking about it is the non-character graphics, it also does not worth $60. I think people is right, this game was created placing high priority on sending some political message than making the game itself, this can not be accepted in any way, i hope joe gives it a 0/10.

At this point the main plot is the only thing that is driving me forward and is not even that good, is getting repetitive already, ill finish it, but im not expecting any miracle at this point. And im already hearing bad things about the ending.

28 minutes ago, Shivan said:

-This is a crime 

At this point the main plot is the only thing that is driving me forward and is not even that good, is getting repetitive already, ill finish it, but im not expecting any miracle at this point. And im already hearing bad things about the ending.

Oh yeah. That fight scene was........... really bad. That's why Ryder was like "wow, can't believe I'm seeing this shit." Well at least even the game is aware at how bad it is!

The ending is alright actually. It wraps things up in a nice little bow tie, not like ME3. Problem is after the final battle, which should have finished the game, you have to go through an "epilogue" thing where you just walk and talk to people for 20 minutes, basically just you and them chit chatting about "oh what's next for us?" And it'll feel like padding.