• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Mass Effect Andromeda: who's your favorite crew member?

9 posts in this topic

It's been a week since Mass Effect Andromeda was released, and controversies surrounding it has hopefully died down. That's enough time to invest in the game's story and characters. And like usual Bioware games, there will be A companion that you will like above all else and want to get down with, if you know what I mean. Like Dragon Age 1 with Leliana or Morrigan, Dragon Age 2 with Merrill, Dragon Age Inquisition with Cassandra and Mass Effect 1 - 3 with Tali. Well for me personally anyway. :D

Who's your favorite companion for this game?

I have to go with Vetra for this game, which is surprising because I thought I would like Peebee the most. Partly because she's the only one with a face that's normal and not screwed up compared to the others, but mostly because I like her character. Strong, smart, a good sister and a pretty cool girl who'll bend rules a bit if it means saving people. She's like this game's version of Cassandra, but less dorky. And I like her "surprise" at the end of her romance quest. When I saw it, I was like "aww, that's nice." I totally wanted her to geek out like Cassandra did with Varrick's book

But I guess I'll have to wait for the sequel, or maybe dlc.

LoL I love Peebee, she's what JarJar wish he turned out like. She is definitely the light hearted comedic one...or maybe I just like being tackled by a female time to time who knows.

Personally Suvi, however its a bit irritating that after the initial conversations you really don't get but a couple of chats with her until way later like haven't have a flirt option for oh 20 hours of game play

Vetra and Drack. I personally enjoy Vetra's character overall being serious and hardworking yet caring and willing to bend rules. Drack, well who doesn't love krogans? But in seriousness he reminds of Zaeed who I liked in ME2, shame he didn't have a big role in ME3. Along with being like Wrex.

I can't help but feel like the Andromeda crew is one of the weakest in any Bioware game. ME1, ME2, DA:O and DA:I all had a varied and interesting cast, and even DA2's cast was enjoyable. However, Andromeda's cast feels really bland. There's a smuggler, a Krogan, a down-to-earth soldier, a biotic progidy, a bland 'true' alien and finally an Asari archeologist. Now, I haven't finished the game and I'm told that most characters grow on you, but none of these crew members draw me in.

For instance, Drack being the krogan of the crew, he has a huge starting advantage: everyone loves krogans.. Yet there seems nothing interesting about Drack that we haven't seen before. He's an experienced kick-ass mercenary, but how's that new? We've had Wrex and Zaeed for that already. Not to mention that the other krogan, Grunt, actually offered a whole new view into Krogan's as a species, being just a 'cub'. I can't help but feel that Kesh, his granddaughter, is a lot more interesting in her motivations, her skills and the way she behaves. Would've prefered her to be a part of the crew by a mile.

Mass Effect crews, for me, have always been about both getting to know their characters, but also explore their species and culture. Even with humans, it was interesting to see how our future society would handle the different aspects of the galaxy. The crew of Andromeda just feels lazily written: way too safe and boring.

I love them all :] but hate that female human crew with biotic skills she has problems and bully 

I really don't know but I love every crew in the Mass Effect games. The one I personal like the most, is Nora, always