• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Dark Souls 3 Ringed City dlc, out now. Prepare for the grand finale of Dark Souls. FOR THE SUN!

11 posts in this topic

At last. It is time! For me to rise from my slumber after whooping every bosses ass in Dark Souls 3 8 times in a row in new game +++++++. Will this DLC provide a satisfying boss fight that equals, or surpasses the Nameless King and the fantastic final boss?? Well, we have to play the dlc game and find out shall we? 

Arm thyself fellow knights, the grand final battle has begun. After this, Dark Souls will be no more. Let us celebrate this great franchise's last hurrah with one last fight to the death. FOR THE GLORY OF THE SUN!! TO BATTLE!!!

Wait..... there actually is 1 song that I heard recently that is also perfect for this final battle:

Now I'm ready. Let the sun shine upon this lord of Cinder!

Spoiler

There are in fact four bosses in total, three of which are mandatory fights, and one is optional. First fight is the boss we have seen the most of which is the Demon in Pain and Demon from Below fight. This fight you start with two bosses but after you defeat both of them, the boss will become the Demon Prince, the demon that Prince Lorian supposedly had killed. Depending on who you killed second the boss will have different attacks. Killing the Demon in Pain second gives the boss meteor attacks while killing the Demon from Below last gives laser like fire attacks to the boss.

The second mandatory boss is Ajudicator Argo who guards Filianore. This fight acts similar to Demon's Souls Old Monk fight. When you enter there is the grey giant at the other side of the arena who will summon a player from the new covenant called Spear of the Church (talk about that a little later) who will be the acting boss. Along with the player there will be some painted guardians that get summoned as well.

The final fight is against the Slave Knight Gael himself. Gael sought the blood of the dark soul as pigment for the Painted World. But Gael knew he was no Champion, that the dark soul would likely ruin him and that he had little hope of a safe return. Thus when we find Gael he is now driven mad by his contact with the dark soul. This fight is a mixture of Artorias and Vordt.

The other boss fight is an optional boss called Darkeater Midir. A descendant of the archdragons raised by the gods, he was given the task to forever battle the dark, a duty he would never forget even when all the gods ceased to exist. I have yet to actually fight this boss but from my understanding he is the hardest in the fight even with his size and has quite a lot of defense. If you want to join the new covenant however, the Spears of the Church, you have to fight him since he drops the covenant item needed in order for you to join and be summoned for the Adjudicator boss.

Another little spoiler but if you ever wanted the Dragonslayer Armor set (not Ornstein's set, the boss armor) you can get this set now in the DLC. You must fight the armor once more to get it though in one of the new DLC areas to get it so be ready to fight the living armor set as a miniboss.

Be warned of spoilers and stuff...

Question, is the spoiler stuff regarding the end of Dark Souls 3, or is it about the dlc?

30 minutes ago, Kaz32 said:

Question, is the spoiler stuff regarding the end of Dark Souls 3, or is it about the dlc?

DLC though since the DLC is considered the end of Dark Souls I guess a bit of that too though mostly in terms of the final boss of the DLC.

20 minutes ago, argetlam350 said:

DLC though since the DLC is considered the end of Dark Souls I guess a bit of that too though mostly in terms of the final boss of the DLC.

HRRRMMMPPPHHH! Almost spoiled myself there. Phew!

Just a question: Is the final boss the hardest mother fucker in the game?

It's so bizarre playing this game after playing Bloodborne and Nioh. It's like riding a motorcycle, and then riding a plane, and now I'm riding a bicycle. All completely different experiences. Man, I'm right now on new game + and I haven't beaten Pontiff Starkiller yet. Getting back to the last boss to finally access the dlc will.... take a while. 

Just now, Kaz32 said:

HRRRMMMPPPHHH! Almost spoiled myself there. Phew!

Just a question: Is the final boss the hardest mother fucker in the game?

It's so bizarre playing this game after playing Bloodborne and Nioh. It's like riding a motorcycle, and then riding a plane, and now I'm riding a bicycle. All completely different experiences. Man, I'm right now on new game + and I haven't beaten Pontiff Starkiller yet. Getting back to the last boss to finally access the dlc will.... take a while. 

I haven't beaten it yet. Only tried once on the final boss last night since it was around midnight when I reached the final boss and needed sleep for classes. That one time though it did wipe the floor with me. I'll have more info on how tough it is later.

So more info on the boss stuff with no spoilers as best as I possibly can. Final boss and optional boss are probably toughest bosses in the game thus far I would put them on the rank of Fume Knight challenging if not even tougher. The final boss is similar to Friede in the sense it has three phases only difference being is that these three phases are on one health bar. The boss in the first phase is fast and jumps around quite a bit. When it is down to two thirds the boss will enter the second phase of the fight where it becomes slower and not as quick but hits just as hard if not harder with some new abilities that need to be watched for. When at the last third of its health the fight seems to mash the idea of the first two phases making it a tough fight, along with lightning that will occasionally come down from the sky to watch out for.

Now for the optional boss which all I can say is: patience. Patience is the key to this fight since it will be a long fight indeed compared to most other fights. Highly recommend a rather strong shield, best one being one of the new shields provided in the DLC that gives 100% protection from physical damage, and 90% from fire damage (yes there will be fire). A key element in this fight to understand is that the bosses head provides double damage when hit so your main goal will be to attack the head whenever you can but don't be greedy about it either. There are varying strategies floating around on this boss so you will have to find one that works best for you.

Whether these fights are as epic as the Nameless King is up to you but the music definitely is amazing as usual.

EDIT:

Another tip, bleed and poison are your friend. Use both for the final boss and bleed for the optional boss. I believe toxic also works on the final boss but takes longer to build up on it so it is best to just stick with bleed and poison.

So. Just finished the dlc, after fighting every single bosses all over again for the 9th time, including Soul of Cinder and all the bonus bosses like the Nameless King and Champion Gundyr to prepare myself for Ringed City, and also because I got Ashes of Ariandel as well, I fought the bosses in that one too.

So interesting fact about Ariandel's final boss, that is one tough bitch. 3 Phases?? Not even the final boss of the Ringed City has that many! She is overall, the hardest boss fight in the entire series. Cool as hell, frustrating to fight at first, but once you know her pattern, it's all a climb to the top of "I'mma stab yo face beyatch" mountain. And it's wonderful. This boss fight makes lady No's boss from Nioh look like pussy shit in comparison.

Ringed City's normal stages are...... full of bullshit. Like those angels that shoots you and those giant bastards that summons fuckton of archers. Geezus, they went all out on defenses don't they?

As for the bosses, surprisingly in the entire dlc, the first boss is the toughest for me to fight. I died 7 times because I have to fight 2 giant ass demons at once, while they bitch slap me with their claws and spray fires and poisons at me, and then one of them becomes the Demon Prince and I was like "S@#t". 

The bonus boss, aka Midir is actually pretty easy to beat once you know what to do. He's like the Ancient Dragon from Dark Souls 2 in that all you have to do is avoid his firebreath as far as you can, and then just stab his leg, but MUCH easier here since he doesn't have like billions of health like the Ancient Dragon, he's not spewing his firebreath all that often and you can stab his head for more damage!

6521E037C350C9818BFDFC54F86A189AE4DD9A6F (1600×900)C984D87C75F82ABB5C13D141E288C8AD0D48F07D (1600×900)

And then we get to the final boss. AKA the best boss in the fucking series. Holy shit. I mean....... I thought Soul of Cinder and the Nameless King are the best fights in the series, but this guy just dethrones all of them.

Soul of Cinder is like a rematch of the first Dark Souls' final boss only much better, Nameless King is a polite "master swordsman vs master swordsman" fight where the master reigns supreme, the final boss for Ringed City is what I can call an "I WILL KILL YOU!" match to the fucking death, disregarding formality and just go apeshit on each other. It's the closest this game will ever be to a fight with Guts from Berserk. And it's glorious. In fact it's so damn good, that I was actually happy that this boss killed me because I get to fight him all over again, and when I was close to killing him, I immediately use my coiled sword fragment just so I can fight him all over again, until eventually I beat him.

30564430EF0EF6E0C9F8B624C7354076FF3D07D3 (1600×900)

This is the end of Dark Souls. A great end to a great series, and now I can't wait for Armored Core! Been a while since From Software made those games.

My only big problem is that when you give the painter the Blood of the Dark Soul she pretty much just gets some new dialogue saying the painting will be called "Ash" named after your character (champion of Ash and all that good stuff plus continues the 'A' theme for painting names) AND then nothing... Like that is it? At least could we of got a cutscene of her painting? The finish product? It feels partially incomplete in that sense.

13 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

My only big problem is that when you give the painter the Blood of the Dark Soul she pretty much just gets some new dialogue saying the painting will be called "Ash" named after your character (champion of Ash and all that good stuff plus continues the 'A' theme for painting names) AND then nothing... Like that is it? At least could we of got a cutscene of her painting? The finish product? It feels partially incomplete in that sense.

That's also what I think. I think there has to be a future patch that will be added to have a cutscene of the completed painting. If not, then well, we can just imagine that after you pick one of the 3 endings, the painting gets completed, and a new world is born.

On 3/31/2017 at 0:33 AM, Kaz32 said:

That's also what I think. I think there has to be a future patch that will be added to have a cutscene of the completed painting. If not, then well, we can just imagine that after you pick one of the 3 endings, the painting gets completed, and a new world is born.

One idea I'm sitting on is that they want to keep what happens next secret (if anything more is to come) until the official release of the Fires Fade Edition comes out which releases April 21. That they are doing this so those who are waiting for that version of the game are not spoiled of what truly will be the end of the Dark Souls Trilogy. At least that is what I'm hoping for.

Now Lore speak. I've seen some voice concern on Gael being the final boss yet thinking about it and after watching a video talking about his lore, it actually is quite fitting. In a sense the Slave Knights were very similar to the Ringed City Knights but instead of being ordered and forced into servitude and branded by the dark sign on their armor made from the abyss, the Slave Knights seem to willingly worked for the lords (or whoever their masters were). Their armor was made and viewed as a sign of honor interestingly enough, and like the Ringed Knights there were not given much recognition and forgotten in time used pretty much as fodder for battles. We know Gael is a rather old fellow but how old? Perhaps he has been around since the very beginning it's hard to say since nothing really states when he came to being just that he definitely is an old guy who is undead and after seeing Patches surface in the end of the DLC and the Iron Dragonslayer set stating that it definitely has been quite a long time since the adventure in Lothric, it would definitely suggest the undead can be immortal.

So Gael being the final boss pretty much has the tale come full circle in a way. He has since it all and eventually only you and him remain in a dying world that cannot be saved, perhaps because of the curse itself the lords foolishly brought about or perhaps it was always doomed to this cycle to eventually be consumed.