• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Cheezy T

POKEMON!!! What's your top 5??

45 posts in this topic

Gotta ask, what's your top 5 favorite pokemon of all time. If you could give a brief reason why, that'd be cool too. Here are mine:

5. Scyther - One of the coolest and elusive pokemon of Gen 1. His name, his look, even his outcry, in the Pokemon episodes anyway, was cool. Another bug I don't mind. And his evolved form is just as sick, if this were a top 6, Scizor would probably make the cut (no pun intended).

4. Typhlosion - In my humble opinion, I think he is the coolest 3rd evolution of all the Fire types thus far, BARELY edging out Charizard. Maybe it's because I like Silver so much. It was my most played Pokemon game by far. And loading it up into Pokemon Stadium 2, OH MAN good times. Before I knew about EV training, and competitive battling, my Typhlosion was a powerhouse in my eyes. Flamethrower, Earthquake, ThunderPunch, Dynamic Punch! Noone beats my Typhlosion.

3. Umbreon - No matter what the meta, no matter how strong or weak she becomes as the Generations go on, my eevee always becomes an Umbreon first. The cat lover in me LOVES umbreon. Beautiful, elegant, simple yet mysterious. Yes I am a guy, and this GUY LOVES UMBREON! I just wish she were more viable than just a Baton Passer :(

2. Heracross - Back in Silver, my personal favorite pokemon game of all time, (Soul Silver just as good) Heracross was the only pokemon besides mew (I think) that could learn Megahorn. He is one of the only bugs in this world I would not want to kill. Strong as f*ck, with the STAB on a 120 base Atk move (NERD OUT MAN!! O_O). Too strong, just don't send in a flying type -_-

1. Charmeleon - The Pokemon series made this my most beloved pokemon of all time. When Charmander evolved into Charmeleon, not only did he look super cool imo, he took no shit from anyone, especially Ash. And the only reason he evolved into Charizard, was so he could fight Aerodactyl, but at the time, he was stuck in a hole (made by team rocket probably). He's a beast, and an awesome Pokemon even before he became the fan favorite Charizard.

SO WHO ARE YOUR TOP 5? 5 TOO DIFFICULT? GIMME A TOP 10!?

khanate and Sweet Silence like this

Hmm, there are so many that i love but the following are pretty much the one I like most:

5. Mawile (It's pretty damn cute and his mega-Evolution is quite badass and strong as hell)
4. Bisharp (Badass)
3. Scrafty
2. Banette
1. Torterra <3

But basically i love EVERY Dark or Ghost Pokémon ^^

Hmm, there are so many that i love but the following are pretty much the one I like most:

5. Mawile (It's pretty damn cute and his mega-Evolution is quite badass and strong as hell)

4. Bisharp (Badass)

3. Scrafty

2. Banette

1. Torterra <3

But basically i love EVERY Dark or Ghost Pokémon ^^

Torterra fan, nice, Impressive rank in league btw! I'm only Plat IV :/

Torterra fan, nice, Impressive rank in league btw! I'm only Plat IV :/

Oh yes, the 4th gen somehow is by far my favourite Gen. Maybe it's because there have been so many badass evolves for the older gen Pokémons like Dusknoir etc. ^^ And yea... Torterra is just cool. Raising Little Pokémon on his back that may stay on his back forever...

And thank you sir, i made it even to Diamond 1 this season, stopped playing for a few months and dropped down to dia 4. Just got it back to Division 2 recently. And hey, maybe you'll make it in season 4 too :D

Oh yes, the 4th gen somehow is by far my favourite Gen. Maybe it's because there have been so many badass evolves for the older gen Pokémons like Dusknoir etc. ^^ And yea... Torterra is just cool. Raising Little Pokémon on his back that may stay on his back forever...

And thank you sir, i made it even to Diamond 1 this season, stopped playing for a few months and dropped down to dia 4. Just got it back to Division 2 recently. And hey, maybe you'll make it in season 4 too :D

Maybe, lol, I mained ahri since she came out and lux since season 1, both have been nerfed pretty handedly, I'm learning new mids and supports as I prepare for the new Season. good luck getting to challenger

Haunter was soo funny in the show, and the coolest ghost by far.

Heh I hadn't watched or played a pokemon since the first ones back in the day, but I just picked up Y today hope i see something as amazing as good old haunter ^^

5. Keychain Pokemon

4. Keychain Pokemon

3. Keychain Pokemon

2. Keychain Pokemon

And Finally

1. KEYCHAIN POKEMON

Just because it's so ridiculously stupid and confusing.

in no order

Zorua
Gengar
Charizard
Lugia
darkrai

Mine are

1. Charizard

2. Dragonite

3. Lugia

4. Blastoise

5. Venasaur

I'm just stuck on gen 1 as favorites because they were the first ones ^^

And lugia is because i was crazy about the 2nd movie when it came out ^^ watch it too many times ^^

In Order...

1.Haxorus
My number 1 favorite pokemon. This dragon type pokemon is so badass! 

2.Gengar
Just simple looking ghost-type pokemon. But this my number 2 favorite pokemon. Just look at his smile... 

3.Zekrom
My favorite legendary pokemon. Looks badass and love its design.

4.Feraligatr
For my favorite starter pokemon. Its friggin aligator!

5.And lastly....

1457762_546714108742373_1396863277_n.jpg
GARDEVOIR  :P

1. Mewtwo

2. Tyranitar

3. Gengar

4. Crobat

5. Magmar

But Mewtwo is by far my favorite. I even asked my parents to buy me the first pokemon movie when i was little.

Cheezy T likes this

1. Blastoise. First pokemon I was ever attached to. I had him on Blue because he was on the cover, and I named him Wally after my cat. Since then every Blastoise I've ever had has been named Wally. Gotta say I was pretty stoked to see his mega evolution for the first time, it was kind of like a growing-up sort of deal.

2. Raichu. I never understood why Ash didn't evolve pikachu in the cartoons because hot dang Raichu is awesome. 

3. Chandelure. I love ghost type pokemon and this one is absolutely no exception. Definitely my favorite from gen 5 as well. I hope he gets a mega evolution some time in the future.

4. Ursaring. Bears are rad, ursaring is a bear. It was a match made in heaven. All the bear pokemon are pretty cool, too. There should be more of em.

5. Tyranitar. Finding a shiny larvitar in HG was probably in the top 10 happiest moments of my life, dude. I cherished that thing. I can't wait to transfer it over to Y. (even though i'm upset that i can't get the tyranitarite or w/e)

Honorable mention: every single dragon pokemon, Houndoom, and Klefki (if you hate klefki you are a bad person)

Cheezy T likes this

5: Pikachu: Pokémon Yellow was my first Pokémon experience, I hardly remember it but I always did like having a Pikachu follow me everywhere.

4: Skarmory : Hardest Pokémon I've ever had to catch, Took me several tries to finally catch a Skarmory and when I did I was going nuts. (I kept knocking it out in the wild.) He was my Secondary Pokémon in every situation after that. Come Diamond I found a new number two, even after catching another Skarmory.

3: Luxray : Caught my Luxray as a Shinx, Him and Infernape were my favourites to use in PVE double battles, I don't know what it was but they really complimented each other well in combat and I hardly ever had to switch them out. As a Shinx I hardly used him, when he evolved I was always using him.

2: Infernape : I got lucky with my starter Pokémon, when I got Infernape as a chimchar I was going to replace him at some point, but as I traveled with him he grew on me more and more. I did end up accidently trading Infernape away with a few misclicks of the button.. but I did get another, not the same but it was the best I could do to get my old friend back.

1:Sceptile: My Sceptile was one bad ass pokemon in the Gen 3 games, I will never forget the one double linked battle where he was able to defeat the other trainer single handedly (As my other Pokémon were getting knocked out left and right by the Legendries) But not Sceptile!! He held it together and my team came out on top because of him, I wish I kept Sapphire because now I miss my Sceptile.

Cheezy T likes this

Since I've only completed Ruby (Yes, I know! It's not a lot, but I only started playing Pokemon late this summer) then:

1. Gyarados
  2. Manectric
  3. Tropius
  4. Ninetails
  5. Aggron

First three are what I was using mainly in the game while the other two were just for the aesthetic.

1. Swampert

2. Chandelure.

3. Sceptile

4. Yanmega

5. Houndoom

heh... only one of my top 5 is outside UU

I love all my pokemon equally so this is just a list

1. tyranitar, became one of my favorite pokemons before I even realized he was actually competitive

2. Charizard, gotta love that lizard

3. Steelix, badass steel snake

4. rayquaza, a freaking damn cool dragon :)

5. Lapras, something about Lapras makes me happy ^_^

Cheezy T likes this

There have already been several threads like this one. Please consider doing your research before posting new threads. Thank you

Meert likes this

1) Scizor (only weakness fire, too many strengths)

2) Gyrados (Dragon Dance and Waterfall)

3) Garchomp (replaced Flygon for me although it doesn't have levitate)

4) Lucario (Very versatile)

5) Ditto (I like to breed pokemon)

In the spirit of pokemon; I always have 6 pokemon, so it would feel weird to not have a top 6.

6) Umbreon (Synchronize is great for breading)

Sweet Silence and Cheezy T like this

5. Lucario

4. Ho-Oh

3. Blaziken

2. Greninja

1. Haunter