• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

gamermjs

Games You've Never Finished

163 posts in this topic

Post any games that you have played and either not gotten around to finishing or can't be bothered finishing as well as the all important WHY didn't you finish the game(s)?

My list:

Mass Effect 3 - I played the other two games and thoroughly enjoyed them but got bored with the third :/

The Witcher 2 - Started playing other games and still haven't gone back

Crysis 2 - I got close to what I thought was the end and just stopped playing

Thats just three, I can assure you there a many more  :P

DarkDranix likes this

I have many games... can't remember all... most of them i didn't finish because i got bored...

Batman arkham city, Splinter cell conviction, Alien colonial marines (awfull game, don't try it if you haven't done it yet), Crysis, Duke nukem forever, Fear, Kindoms of amalur reckoning, Mirror's edge, Saint row the third...

Can't remember more...

Kingdoms of Amalur, it's basically an mmo with zero mmo aspects in it though.... Just the boring pointless quests and overly simple combat. Other than that nothing comes to mind as of late.

I only bought that game because it looked good before release, and it also gave me a new armor for Mass Effect 3...

A long list that would be. But here are some:

FEAR - played it for a bit, completed some levels, but didn't really like it for some reason. 

DooM 3 - got to the half of it, but got bored with constant darkness and "scary" demons, plus I never liked the "new" vision of DooM in the first place. 

Quake 1 - I've completed the first "episode", I believe, but as I was very young back then, I got bored and just played it from the beginning again, never finished. But hey, I've managed to fully complete Quake II. Twice. 

GTA 1, 2 III - who completes them anyway? It's all about carnage in the city :D

Mortal Kombat 2 - the AI was a cheating a-hole. 

CnC 4: Tiberian Twilight - It's the worst game in CnC universe, so... I've tried it, and after the first few missions ALT-4'ed it.  

Batman: Arkham City: When I first got this game, I suffered from some game-ending, persistent crashes that made me stop playing it. Having recently gotten the GOTY edition for free (it wasn't gifted, it appeared to be automatically unlocked for owning the original copy, well that's what I guess anyway), I started replaying it, but dropped it in favour of replaying The Walking Dead on my PC in the wake of the Season 2 announcement.

X3: Albion Prelude: I have it, but due to some past frustrations with the tutorial and in-game story telling. I was turned off by it rather quickly (luckily I got it at a ridiculously low price during the steam sale). I'm planning to have another crack at it soon.

I only bought that game because it looked good before release, and it also gave me a new armor for Mass Effect 3...

I made that same mistake sadly >>

I made that same mistake sadly >>

Too bad for us, but the pre-order i regret the most is Alien Colonial Marines... At least I put some many hours on Reckoning before i got bored... But on Alien, I just played 1 hr and had to unnistall it...

(other game i haven't finished is Assassin's Creed III and I don't even care about playing Black Flag...)

Batman: Arkham Asylum - no idea what happened, enjoyed it quite a bit then suddenly dropped it one day. Will revisit at some point.

Company of Heroes - Played some of the campaign, thought it was quite good, took a break after I failed a mission a couple of times and haven't picked it up again since.

Darksiders - beat a large portion of the game, even got all the parts of the apocalypse armor (think that's what it was called), then dropped it, don't remember why.

Deus Ex - game too dark, couldn't see jack and dropped it.

Saints Row the Third - had my fun during the freeroaming parts of the singleplayer. The story didn't interest me one bit so I eventually stopped playing.

The Witcher - started it twice in preperation for The Witcher 2, got quite far each time and then the interest just fizzled out.

Burnout Paradise - played a Little bit but never got back to it.

Titan Quest - 3 chars. Finished with just one

Diablo 2 - Still on ACT 4 (started 4 years ago)

Torchlight 2 - because of updating mods i end up to start again because there is always something new XD

X-Beyond the Frontier - i started it and...yeah that's it. And i want to see whats going on in X2 and X3^^

Path of Exile - still on Act 1. Great game but so Little free time to spend.

Too many to count unfortunately

But some of which are: Assassin's Creed 3,Crysis 2,Dishonored,Darksiders,Any Ultima game

Mass Effect 1: Made the mistake of beginning with 2 and then 3, didn't like to go back to worse game mechanics. 

The story of ME1 might have been killer, I wouldnt know

Dead Island, Borderlands 2, L4D2: Loved them all with CO-OP started playing with "no-lifers" so they outpaced me really fast, didnt enjoy singleplayer as much

GTA IV: Played til the last mission, had played around 50h when counting in all the messing around.

I had my computer case open in the summer and my brother came in juggling a swiss army knife in his hands.

He dropped it on my harddrive, it failed.. all progress lost--> Screw this game

Never did finish gta 4. I like to finish gta games without cheats the first time round, but the missions were sooo boring, havent played it in months.

Kingdom hearts I. possibly one of my biggest regretts. My cousin brought it over one weekend and i got to the final boss. I couldn't beat him before my cousin had leave. (I am still looking for a copy so that I can complete the game.)

Im sure that there is more but none that I can think of at the moment.

Games I haven't finished count in several hundreds... I used to never bother trying to finish them because I got too bored and moved on to different games.

But ones I haven't finished lately (as in the last 3 years or so):

Anno 2070 campaign - got stuck on one of the missions and just never went back to it.

Assassins Creed III - got bored

Batman Arkham City - had a lot of stability problems, and it's just not as fun as Asylum

Fallout 3 - narrow FOV makes me sick

GTA 4 - boring, esp after playing Saint Row 3

Red Faction Guerilla (yes old game, but the PC version was on sale at easter) - it's an amazing game, but not very forgiving and the missions take a long time to complete, and if you screw up you have to start over.

ES4: Oblivion - 3rd computer I have it installed on, and I still have not finished it. I have a mod for it that fixes the FOV somewhat, but I can still only play an hour or two before I get sick.

The Witcher - played the tutorial, but everytime I try to get back to I can't remember how to play it and have to start over. The controls are just too different from other games, and the UI really confusing to read.

Xcom: Enemy Unknown - Don't know if you really can finish it, but I got so sick of the billion bugs and the damn thing constantly crashing.

Diablo 3 - got to Diablo (or whatever the last boss is) on my demon hunter, and just couldn't win. So technically I haven't finished it despite getting to the very last fight.

Oh boy, let's see

• Bulletstorm - I'll get too it, just want to play other games ATM
  • Painkiller - Meh, haven't felt like playing it
  • Naughty Bear - The worst game i ever purchased, i'll skip, thank you.
  • Far Cry 3 - I'm just lazy i guess.
  • Star Wars: Knights of the old republic 2: Stopped fter 30 minutes, guess i haven't gotten to the good part.
  • Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - The multiplayer distracted me.

I even have to start some games, I still have a lot of games in my steam that I have never played :(.

Oh, boy: This might take a while

1. Age of empires 3 singleplayer- After getting half way through the game I started to lose interest.

2. Anachronox (PC)- I got stuck on the second to last boss and never went back to it.

3. Unreal 2 (PC)-I didn't find the game as engaging as the first unreal.

4. Icewind Dale 2 (PC)- Stopped playing after completeing the game midway. I hope to get back to it someday.

5.Galactic Civilizations II (PC)- Something always comes up when I have tried to sit down  and play this game. Either I have fix something at the house or get called into work for some dire network issue. Its always something that stops me from finishing this game.

6.Shadow Towe (PS1)- I got frustrated with the game because I kept dying on the last dungeon. ( This game is harder than demon or dark souls. Not really surprising since it is made by the same people)

7.Saga Frontier II (PS1)-I started progressing with my characters and just never went back.

8.Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (PC)-I got distracted with making new dungeons and a custom island quest for the game that I never finished it

9.Deus ex:Invisible War (PC)- This game was so different from Deus ex that I lost interest.

10. Final Fantasy 10-2 (PS2)-Probably never go back to this game since it destroyed my faith in squareenix and casted ultima on the whole Final Fantasy franchise after that.

11.Metroid Other M (Wii)-Four simple words "Burn it with fire"

Deathspank (the 2nd part, forgot its name) - just got bored of it really, but wouldn't mind getting my hands on it again.

Darksiders 2 - I got it just recently when it was either on midweek madness or a daily deal. I just want to savor it because it's one of those games that I really like the gameplay of.

Assassins Creed III - didn't like the character nor the story, felt boring

GTA IV EFLC, ballad of gay tony - never got around to finishing it

Far Cry 3 - played a little then stopped, never got the time to return to it

Post any games that you have played and either not gotten around to finishing or can't be bothered finishing as well as the all important WHY didn't you finish the game(s)?

My list:

Mass Effect 3 - I played the other two games and thoroughly enjoyed them but got bored with the third :/

The Witcher 2 - Started playing other games and still haven't gone back

Crysis 2 - I got close to what I thought was the end and just stopped playing

Thats just three, I can assure you there a many more  :P

HAH!!!

Ninja Gaiden Omega --> made me ragequit twice (and pretty much the only game that made me ragequit at all)

Two Worlds --> bored me so much

Deus Ex Machina --> didnt like the genre

There are alot of games i havent finished but older i get then more of a habit it gets to finish games.

hmmm i usually finish games but when i do not its because either i loose the save files or the game is indeed horrible....

GTA IV... i still try to finish it.. soo boring,...

Far Cry 3... i lost the save files..

Dark Souls ... this game is annoying hard.. so i gave up at the first level...

Darkshiders ... This is sooo boring...

Resident Evil 6 .. the worst RE ever created..

kingdoms of reckoning amalur i lost the saves :(

thats some of the games i haven't finished :)

I have way too many but I try to finish most of them. The ones I don't finish is there are many titles trying to grab my attention or I lose interest.

Metro 2033 (PC): okay I admit it, I fear librarians

Legend of Dragoon: I got stuck and lost the first disc so I can never go back to finish it

Far Cry 2: lost interest

and much more.

SO MANY. Which is why mmos and multiplayer games become more and more appealing.

OnT:

Witcher 2. Got my ass kicked and never got a good vibe from it.

Sniper Elite 1&2. Annoying AI that proved to best me at any point and lowering the difficulty would ruin the sniper experience. To proud and stupid is what I am.

Sleeping dogs. Can't remember.

Strike Suit Zero. Dunno.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Didn't get me as giddy as the first game.

Total War series. Graphics are always glitched on my every computer.

Xcom: Enemy Unknown. Dunno, I tried to be perfect and the game did its best to not let me.

Rage. Crash crash crash.

Crysis 2. It lost me.

Metro 2033. Annoying mouse acceleration made it unplayable for me, not to mention the odd and demanding graphics.

Half-Life 1 and expansions. I got lost so many times and never figured things out.

Dust: An Elysian Tail. Dunno.

AND so on and so forth. I have many games installed, hundreds more not installed. I follow my impulsive mood.