• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Foxhart

Elite Dangerous

18 posts in this topic

so I have no idea if you guys have suggested this yet or if its been discussed, but why not start getting the ajsa involved in elite dangerous? I find it odd that in my search on here for the topics for it that I find little to actually organize joining on there together. especially with the Multi-crew system being implemented soon. I mean does the inner nerd in you not geek out just the slightest at playing in what is an essentially evolving mmo that lets you and your friends on the same ship fly around the galaxy becoming involved in wars, commerce, politics, trade and tons of other things? I mean fans of star wars, firefly and especially fans of star trek should be all over this. also unlike EVE online... you actually feel like your flying rather than point and clicking. hell who knows, maybe the ajsa can make itself into a minor faction if we get into it enough.

fpezy and Soviet_Allies like this

I say we go for it I just got Elite dangerous on the PS4 so I would be excited play with other members in this community

I have had this game a long time but not played for ages either, since horizons :unsure:

Is it cross platform yet?

Never mind, its not cross platform, and wont be :(

Edited by Chaz_Pounder

Star Citizen is why, There was a conversation way back on the early launch days for both games and Star Citizen ended up wining..

Also Well i find Elite fun there is still very little to do outside of Grind money for a bigger ship and try to do the community events for the Aliens.

8 hours ago, Hawko said:

Star Citizen is why, There was a conversation way back on the early launch days for both games and Star Citizen ended up wining..

Also Well i find Elite fun there is still very little to do outside of Grind money for a bigger ship and try to do the community events for the Aliens.

Star Citizen has been stuck in Alpha for over 5 years.  It's obvious their biting off way more than they can chew.  There has been some seriously shady stuff surrounding it and will likely never be fully released so I don't really see what you mean by it "Winning".

Given the choice I'd rather play the game that is in a playable and complete state.

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Star Citizen has been stuck in Alpha for over 5 years.  It's obvious their biting off way more than they can chew.  There has been some seriously shady stuff surrounding it and will likely never be fully released so I don't really see what you mean by it "Winning".

Given the choice I'd rather play the game that is in a playable and complete state.

Sry by winning i meant the community voted on what to play sorry about that.

Edit: i should also point out this was some time ago a little over 2years i believe there is a good chance all hope was lost and they all just left since i very rarely see any of the older crew around  

Crazycrab likes this

Upcoming 2.4 is definitely not enough to get me back to play the game but hopefully Elite fans finds it a great patch.

ObsidianAnt summary of news and changes coming in 2.4. Hopefully new modules are not available only for Horizons owners but for everyone.

Man I need to check my forum posts more. So by involved I meant establishing ourselves as a minor faction in the game (or making a clan). I've been trying to see if anyone has already done this within the community. I already know it hasn't been done on the Xbox one division, however (from what I've read) the factions are cross platform. And before i start stepping on the shoes of the other divisions I wish to see if this has been done already, How would i or other member join, or if not then could we start one? I already had a discussion  with some of the Xbox players and now I'm checking with everyone else

If we are not doing elite, where is the Star Citizen thread? I find it weird we would skip this game completely for one thats not even released yet just because they both have ships in them.

7 hours ago, 1gameplyr said:

If we are not doing elite, where is the Star Citizen thread? I find it weird we would skip this game completely for one thats not even released yet just because they both have ships in them.

I'm a little confused by this statement. What one of these is the one that "not even released" because you're describing Elite Dangerous as that game, and clearly isn't the. Either way, you'll find the SC sub forum here, but because of the actions of the developers, faith and enthusiasm for that game has all but gone in the AJSA. Our resident SC hype man Docter is the only one with possible things to say anymore.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:53 AM, Shagger said:

I'm a little confused by this statement. What one of these is the one that "not even released" because you're describing Elite Dangerous as that game, and clearly isn't the. Either way, you'll find the SC sub forum here, but because of the actions of the developers, faith and enthusiasm for that game has all but gone in the AJSA. Our resident SC hype man Docter is the only one with possible things to say anymore.

Sorry, I was surprised we seemed to be passing up on elite because I feel it is a solid game. Maybe I misunderstood, but it also felt like elite was being passed up because people were more excited about star citizen, a game that is not released 'yet'. I like eliete and wat to play it with more people.

Foxhart likes this

Livestream schedule - Beyond Chapter One content reveals (dates, content and time)

Tonight's Stream (16/01/18)

• Changes to Crime and Punishment
  • Wing Missions
  • ...and more!

Thursday's Stream (18/01/18)

• The Chieftain
  • Planetary visual improvements
  • Trade data improvements
  • The Tech Broker
  • more!

Following Tuesday's Stream (23/01/18)

• Engineers
  • Material Trader
  • GalNet Audio
  • EVEN MORE!!!

"And… you’ll be able to explore it all for yourselves on June 28

Summary of features:

New Ship: Challenger
The Alliance continue to refine their warships in the face of the looming Thargoid threat. The Alliance Challenger, envisaged as a frontline combat vessel, has stronger armour than its Chieftain counterpart and will be able to soak up a significant amount of punishment.

Wing Missions
First introduced in Chapter One of Beyond, we are introducing a Wing Mining Missions for you and your fellow Commanders to take on!

Installation Interactions
In a similar fashion to the Megaship interactions, which were introduced in Chapter One, Commanders will now be able to scan and interact with Space Installations.

• Scan – Scanning the installation will allow Commanders to see what they can interact with: Turrets, Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
  • Turret hack – Disable turrets protecting other potential hackable points. This will deactivate security measures put in place to protect the Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
  • Comms array – Get tradable data from the Comms Array.
  • Cargo bay – Fire a limpet on the Cargo Bay to unlock and steal commodities and materials.

Tech Broker
Tech Brokers will allow commanders to unlock large weapons versions of the existing guardian tech weapons. These Tech Brokers will issue blueprint requests to collect Guardian data as well as materials and then, once delivered, will unlock certain Guardian modules of weapons for purchase. Will you turn you weapons on Thargoid or use them to pirate rival Commanders?

Thargoid
Thargoids continue to be an intergalactic menace! With the Alliance introducing a new ship, the Thargoids intend to up their game too, introducing new Scouts that will buff other Scouts and increase their combat efficiency.
" - Frontier forums

Doesn't look too big game changer changes to me but I definitely will get back in game and give them a try. It has been a while since I last lauched E:D but it is always good to get new reasons to get back in game again. I still hope to see big changes coming at some point but what I have read there is nothing announced for this year yet. Usually Frontier Developments has their own streams during E3 so who knows what they have to show ...

Any guesses what is the thing in the video? Hopefully something exciting and very good. Soon we will know more ...