• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

AJSA Valkyrie

Destiny 2 gameplay reveal!

18 posts in this topic

well, destiny 2 gameplay reveal is here. Well all aboard the hype train I guess.

This game might have had a chance, it could have corrected all the errors made in the launch the first time around.

Until fucking Blizzard got involved!  Now Activision will get away with whatever microtransaction fueled bullshit they want because everybody ignores the fact that Blizzard are the masters of the art!

Instead of completing raids, strikes and PVP events to get the best gear you will now just be able to pay for it!  After all it was Blizzard who somehow managed to make the gambling RNG crap acceptable with no negitve repercussions from the gaming community at all!

In any other game that would be deplorable but it's Blizzard so it's OK!  Unless of course it's not OK then all the blame will be placed on Bungie and Activision.

What a great deal this is for Blizzard!  They can be a greedy as they like without it so much a denting their reputation!  INGENIOUS!

Yeah, I really hate microtransactions because they are there to people who want stuff to buy with real money. If destiny 2 has indeed microtransactions, it better be cosmetic like in destiny 1, or else, ho boy, the controversy will spread like a disease.

Looks like Destiny 1.5, in my opinion. I see no innovation or differences whatsoever from the gameplay they've shown and I also believe it'll end up with a large amount of microtransactions like CrazyCrab has said.

Bleh. I think I'll pass until it's around 15-20 bucks total for the game+the countless DLCs they'll release throughout the next year or two.

2 hours ago, StrangePinkFox said:

Well I see that I am the only one excited for this game

I'm excited for the game too. Let's hope it's life cycle does not scream laziness.

StrangePinkFox likes this

During the conference did anyone get the vibe of "hey guys we are finally doing what other games are doing"? I am curious how Bungie plans to solve the issues with the first title but damn if what they said doesn't sound like an expansion pack versus a new game.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I know it's an embarrassing cliché, but Destiny deserves no more effort than that from me.

RogueKnightKisuke93 likes this

I'm excited to see Raid matchmaking, destiny needed that desperately for players who wanted to play the end game stuff. I like that they added the two main weapon slots. Expanded main story length was really needed. How much new and changed stuff did you expect? We have remakes of old games (Skyrim remastered?) and sequels that do far less. Bungie makes a sequel and they didn't add enough. The game isn't even in beta yet, maybe wait until more news and footage gets released before you start trolling on it, what kind of company is going to blow their whole wad in one go? 

All right this is going to be long so bare with me:

So we finally see the story which lucky enough hasn't been scraped and replaced with something else like the first game. Not only has the story remained the same but it seems to actually be a cohesive story where the Guardians get their butts kicked and go on a journey of rediscovery and finds what it means to be a guardian, getting the vanguard back together and taking on Ghaul and retake the last city. Better then Destiny that never seem to have any cohesiveness to it besides a bunch of people saying 'hey theirs some darkness, go attack it or something. Reason? Don't have time to explain.' So awesome a put together story. Will it be good now, we have no clue but it's better then what we got in the first game at launch. I hope there is slightly more then just finding the vanguard heads and a bit of creating a force to take on the Cabal forces. The only thing I'm not thrilled about how they have decided to just wipe all the progress from the first game when they originally stated before even the first game released was that we could carry stuff from year 1 to year 10. But fine whatever I'll let it slide at the moment.

So some new locations, this one is good and bad. Going through the story we are visiting these places because we need to find the vanguard leaders who left to their own places because of the loss on Earth, well two of them anyways ran off, Cayde got caught and we have to go save him. On one side hey all new locations and planets cool, on the other hand- What the hell happened to the Moon, Venus, and Mars? Why can't we go back their? You made an entire new location on Earth but apparently couldn't for the three other previous planets. The Dreadnaught I can understand but three planets nope and I hope they do not plan to be like 'hey you can visit these planets... In the expansions.' So I'm disappointed that so far these three places seem to have just been replaced. Maybe I'll be wrong but if the main story focuses on around finding the three vanguard members and then taking on Ghaul well that worries me I might be right on that these three previous locations are gone.

On a positive note at least we have new weapon types, sort of. At least one which is the grenade launcher, the minigun is apparently an exotic autorifle at the moment after looking at some gameplay. Also like how the weapon system is reworked for guardians.

No new enemy types. While this could be just because we saw so little of the game itself, I'm personally disappointed the lack of new enemies. Yes we see new variations of the Cabal which is nice but I was expected from a race that has been described in grimore cards to conquered other worlds and use those they enslave in their forces like the psions, that there would be some new races seen among the ranks. So far we only have the warhounds that the legion have but nothing else. I'm slightly not expecting to see many new enemies but I shall wait and see on that. Also would of like to see the Fallen again because the House of Kings is still a threat to watch for since our Guardian never dealt with their kell and they are pretty much the only house still standing. But I have a bit of fear we aren't going to be dealing with much of them which to me is worrisome but again we shall see.

Having viewed multiple videos of the strike, I can only assume we are seeing part of the open world aspect which does look nice but it's hard to tell what part will be part of the free roam and what is only part of the strike, my guess would be to the point of where the mine is will be part of the open world and stuff beyond that is strike only. I wish we had seen more of the open world aspect due to that being something promised in the first game but we never really got, more of just a linear path that went in a circle. I want more open terrain to explore and not the same loop open world we had in the first game. I can only hope they show that soon or wait for the beta so see.

Overall I'm disappointed at what was shown because really it just looks more of the same. I was hoping for a little open world showing to show that they improved it more besides just showing that they have more indepth maps. Seen a bit more of the other enemies, since in the trailer we know that the fallen will appear but other then that we really only saw one vandal in looked like and then a few of the small guys. I know they are saving stuff for later but it just feels lacking IMO on what was shown and makes it look more like Destiny 1.5 rather then Destin 2. I'm not writing the game off entirely I just thought the reveal would of been a bit... better, to me it was just meh. Neither bad or good, just in between, something that could of been saved for a few more weeks for E3 rather then a separate reveal. Perhaps E3 will reveal more who knows.

Also this doesn't help them either for me:

Destiny-2-Expansions-I-II.jpg

Going by the symbols alone we pretty much know the main idea who or what these expansions will be about. Two expansions dealing with two rather commonly talked about characters in the first game and its DLC: Osiris and Rasputin. They are stuck behind a bloody paywall. Who the hell decided this? Osiris maybe but the Warmind, the Warmind that has seemingly found itself it nearly every story in some form, is going to be a damn expansion. That is one big no-no that should not be IMO, these two should be part of the main game not behind a paywall.

StrangePinkFox and MiniMunny like this

4v4 MP just dumb, truly a disapointment that bungie couldnt deliver a more grander MP experience. not riding this cash cow for this iteration, same DLC set up not worth price

On 5/19/2017 at 5:42 PM, argetlam350 said:

All right this is going to be long so bare with me:

So we finally see the story which lucky enough hasn't been scraped and replaced with something else like the first game. Not only has the story remained the same but it seems to actually be a cohesive story where the Guardians get their butts kicked and go on a journey of rediscovery and finds what it means to be a guardian, getting the vanguard back together and taking on Ghaul and retake the last city. Better then Destiny that never seem to have any cohesiveness to it besides a bunch of people saying 'hey theirs some darkness, go attack it or something. Reason? Don't have time to explain.' So awesome a put together story. Will it be good now, we have no clue but it's better then what we got in the first game at launch. I hope there is slightly more then just finding the vanguard heads and a bit of creating a force to take on the Cabal forces. The only thing I'm not thrilled about how they have decided to just wipe all the progress from the first game when they originally stated before even the first game released was that we could carry stuff from year 1 to year 10. But fine whatever I'll let it slide at the moment.

So some new locations, this one is good and bad. Going through the story we are visiting these places because we need to find the vanguard leaders who left to their own places because of the loss on Earth, well two of them anyways ran off, Cayde got caught and we have to go save him. On one side hey all new locations and planets cool, on the other hand- What the hell happened to the Moon, Venus, and Mars? Why can't we go back their? You made an entire new location on Earth but apparently couldn't for the three other previous planets. The Dreadnaught I can understand but three planets nope and I hope they do not plan to be like 'hey you can visit these planets... In the expansions.' So I'm disappointed that so far these three places seem to have just been replaced. Maybe I'll be wrong but if the main story focuses on around finding the three vanguard members and then taking on Ghaul well that worries me I might be right on that these three previous locations are gone.

On a positive note at least we have new weapon types, sort of. At least one which is the grenade launcher, the minigun is apparently an exotic autorifle at the moment after looking at some gameplay. Also like how the weapon system is reworked for guardians.

No new enemy types. While this could be just because we saw so little of the game itself, I'm personally disappointed the lack of new enemies. Yes we see new variations of the Cabal which is nice but I was expected from a race that has been described in grimore cards to conquered other worlds and use those they enslave in their forces like the psions, that there would be some new races seen among the ranks. So far we only have the warhounds that the legion have but nothing else. I'm slightly not expecting to see many new enemies but I shall wait and see on that. Also would of like to see the Fallen again because the House of Kings is still a threat to watch for since our Guardian never dealt with their kell and they are pretty much the only house still standing. But I have a bit of fear we aren't going to be dealing with much of them which to me is worrisome but again we shall see.

Having viewed multiple videos of the strike, I can only assume we are seeing part of the open world aspect which does look nice but it's hard to tell what part will be part of the free roam and what is only part of the strike, my guess would be to the point of where the mine is will be part of the open world and stuff beyond that is strike only. I wish we had seen more of the open world aspect due to that being something promised in the first game but we never really got, more of just a linear path that went in a circle. I want more open terrain to explore and not the same loop open world we had in the first game. I can only hope they show that soon or wait for the beta so see.

Overall I'm disappointed at what was shown because really it just looks more of the same. I was hoping for a little open world showing to show that they improved it more besides just showing that they have more indepth maps. Seen a bit more of the other enemies, since in the trailer we know that the fallen will appear but other then that we really only saw one vandal in looked like and then a few of the small guys. I know they are saving stuff for later but it just feels lacking IMO on what was shown and makes it look more like Destiny 1.5 rather then Destin 2. I'm not writing the game off entirely I just thought the reveal would of been a bit... better, to me it was just meh. Neither bad or good, just in between, something that could of been saved for a few more weeks for E3 rather then a separate reveal. Perhaps E3 will reveal more who knows.

Also this doesn't help them either for me:

Destiny-2-Expansions-I-II.jpg

Going by the symbols alone we pretty much know the main idea who or what these expansions will be about. Two expansions dealing with two rather commonly talked about characters in the first game and its DLC: Osiris and Rasputin. They are stuck behind a bloody paywall. Who the hell decided this? Osiris maybe but the Warmind, the Warmind that has seemingly found itself it nearly every story in some form, is going to be a damn expansion. That is one big no-no that should not be IMO, these two should be part of the main game not behind a paywall.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:30 PM, AJSA Valkyrie said:

These expansions aren't being developed by the main development team - they're being developed by the live team which just recently released Age of Triumph, the live team has Luke Smith's counterpart and they will be keeping the game alive for the next 3 years after launch 2017-2020 if the game follows the same schedule as Destiny One.

On the topic of ''DLC'' for destiny, the game goes off of the same MMO style business model as games like World of Warcraft in terms of content with a base game sold at launch and then multiple expansions throughout it's lifespan with free content updates throughout each expansion as they have done since the Taken King Expansion back in 2015. As for the game's issues from launch generally everything that was complained about was fixed over the course of Taken King and Rise of Iron with Bungie doing their best to improve the story in the game which frankly they have done a good job with so far excluding the launch of course. Great storytelling, badass cinematics, interesting characters, great voice acting, a large variety of activities to do, the ''light'' leveling system and the leveling process in general being fixed across the board, and many other examples illustrate the effort Bungie has put into Destiny to create a better game since the launch and the success they have had doing so. If they nail the launch of Destiny 2 and continue to make the quality content that they have been creating for the game over the last almost 2 years now then it will indeed be as good a game as Destiny 1 in it's current state. By all means be skeptical of the game if you're still judging the game by it's launch state and the fact that pre-ordering in general is typically risky but don't shut it out completely and not give it any chance at all, heck even Angry Joe seems to be liking the game so far despite having not played it since launch and greatly disliking it in it's launch state. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is that Destiny 1 now is a vastly different game from what it was at launch and that while it should be judged for it's launch the last 2 years of content and hard work shouldn't be ignored and to at least give Destiny 2 a chance because based on the way Bungie has been handling things since the end of year 1 of Destiny, this game's gonna be pretty great.

Frankly, I hate how they this game has expansion packs, because if the game launches like destiny 1, then they will lock content on the disc then sell it again as DLC. 

15 hours ago, AJSA Valkyrie said:

Frankly, I hate how they this game has expansion packs, because if the game launches like destiny 1, then they will lock content on the disc then sell it again as DLC. 

It is because of those expansion packs that the game has had enough content for the last 3 years to keep improving the game and keeping people playing by supplying new better content than what came before and as for content being locked on the disk that was actually shown to be untrue with no evidence to back it up when people said they did that back in year 1 and I doubt they would ever be stupid enough to do such a thing, I mean this isn't evolve we're talking about here. :kappaoj:

This is precisely why i haven't reordered it.

Damn it if the do it again i just wont buy it. I would be too angry lol