• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nytefury

Nytefury reporting for duty!

44 posts in this topic

So let's see, where should I start? This might be a bit long and might hit a nerve, be warned.

GAMING LIFE

For some reason I have had a very strong fascination with games from a very young age. My first console I saved up my pocket money from mowing lawns, doing chores, etc, and it was an Atari 2600. From there I progressed to a Commodore 64, after that one of my best friends had a Sega Master System we played all the time for a couple of years. Then I received a Sega Mega Drive for my birthday, from there I went to a Playstation, after that I went from milk to meat and got my first PC (had played a lot of PC games at friends houses over the many years all the way back to the 286), the first game I bought for that PC was Shogun Total War. From there I started playing my first MMO, Asherons Call 2 on dial up... From that point on I was an avid MMO'er. While I purchased myself an Xbox, Playstation 2 and Xbox 360, in all that time I was a PC gamer at heart.

So to sum up, PC, Strategy, MMO's!

AJSA LIFE

I had enjoyed watching Joe's videos for a while and I followed the trend at the time which I think many MMO'ers did (which was SWTOR, then to D3, then to GW2). I think 1 or 2 days into GW2 release I saw that Joe was planning on making a GW2 guild and I knew I had to be a part of it. It just so happened that the server he was on was the same one I had chosen by chance. Joe promoted me very early on to commander with 2 others (Crulix and Setch), from there some commanders have dropped away, others have come on board.

I have had a blast in the AJSA with Joe and everyone else. I have had a lot of laughs, a lot of victories, a lot of memorable times and made a lot of friends. If you come here with a good attitude you will no doubt have the same experiences in the AJSA as I have had. We are always on the look out for people who want to make the AJSA a better place, so the chance for climbing the ranks is a very realistic option. My personal outlook as an officer of the AJSA is that rank means little to me and my job here is as a caretaker of the AJSA on Joe's behalf, to see that Joe's desires for the AJSA take precedence, not to run things by any possible agendas of my own. So whenever I have had to make a judgement call in situations within the AJSA in the past, I try to put myself in the mindset of what is it Joe would want rather than what I would want. At the end of the day this community is mainly here because of Angry Joe (and the friendships they make within the AJSA), they aren't here for the Nytefury experience (whatever that is....).

PERSONAL LIFE

Currently I am working, I have a wife who I love dearly (no children) and Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour (you can pick yourself up off the floor now). While I know being a Christian is not the popular thing now days and it would be easy for me not to mention this aspect of my life, however being that it is a pretty big part of my life and who I am, it would be remiss of me to completely gloss over it. This might offend some people, I am not troubled by that as I am not trying to force anything down people's throats, just simply revealing something that is quite a big part of my personal life (and this thread is about me after all). I try to have a more balanced life, and part of this is how much I play, sadly it doesn't always succeed. I know that by professing myself to be a Christian I might come under a higher scrutiny, and if I ever disappoint, you have my apologies, at the end of the day I am a sinner just like you :)

If you are going to leave a comment only entailing this aspect of my life please send it as a PM and I will be happy to address it, I am not here to turn this forum into a theological debate (as mentioned above, we are here for Joe, not for me).

I always try to be friendly, approachable, and try to help people find their way around the forums and/or games. I look forward to getting to know everyone, again if you come here with the right attitude hopefully you will get a lot out of this site and community. Joe is a cool guy and down to earth, and I am sure all of you will get to know him a little better as I have had the pleasure of. I am not the most skilled gamer around as my hand eye co-ordination is that of a someone in their mid 30's not mid teens, I also have to deal with Australian latency (which means I instantly lose the reaction time of the average human being). So if you need a meat shield who loves to run into a room filled with bad guys while wielding a mini gun, I'm your guy!

UPDATE 12/1/14

Due to a mix of not being able to devote the time needed to the AJSA and real life commitments I have stepped down as a commander/community manager. I have no doubt you guys will see me around in various games but it won't be in any leadership role. I appreciate the friends I have made in this community and wish it every success. While I have been asked to stay on, it will be in a less formal manner and I will be more as a back up for the other commanders and leadership, but I am always happy to help. Thanks all.

Nice background story man, i nearly broke out the mid-yarn snacks! :)

Confessing Christian gamers: we are a rare breed! :D Enjoy the angry army bud.

vaanhide and Nytefury like this

Nice to meet you.....see you around the gaming world I hope.

Nytefury likes this

Welcome to the AJSA we've been expecting you  :lol:

Well hello again old friend, not sure if you remember me though.
Its nice to see you are still active.

Nytefury likes this

Ha nice to see such passionate gamers and AJ loyal friends! Ghosts Approve this!

Doing a good job already!   Glad to serve under you.

You're my favorite, don't tell Delrith

Nytefury likes this

great bio nytefury, i remember also my first gaming device, it was something like a gameboy but more tinny and orange, the mission was to rescue you partner from a planet, and you got meteors that killed you jaja, it was fun until i got my atari, wish i burn the adapter, i moved on to a sega, nintendo, super nintendo, N64, PS1, PS2 and i have a PS3 and im looking forward to upgrade to a ps4 and also get a gaming PC (Still working on that). 

great to have you on board 

cya later

Nytefury likes this

Good to hear from your, you sound level headed and friendly, look forwards to working with you

Leo~

Nytefury likes this