• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Serge

Anyone still playing PS2?

67 posts in this topic

Hey, Is anyone still playing their Play Station 2? Was going through my cupboard the other day and found two garbage bags full of ps2 games, as well a a very dusy console. Used to sit for hours every day after school playing that thing. In my opinion it has produced better games than the ps3. 

Nah, but been thinking about playing some DMC3 on it lately. Sadly never finished that one >_<

*stands up* Sir,

I still play PS2. i bought it back in 2005 only because of one game: B.Boy the game. I have the PS2 slim silver Edition with 2 silver Gamepads and silver Memory Cards. In italy my PS2 got some modifications to play copied games.

I bought it because of one game and now i have 150games. Mostly originals.

Last game i played was Fight Night Round 3, 2 days ago. In miy opinion, the PS2 still has better games then the PS3. So many RPGs, ARPGs, JRPGs...

i never saw for the PS3: B.Boy the game, Viewtiful Joe, Dark Chronicle, Okami, Gradius 5, R-Type Neo, Neo Contra, Wild Arms, Drakengard, Def Jam Fight for NY, Urban Reign, Arc the Lad, Black, Bloody Roar, Burnout Takedown, Dark Cloud, Dragon Quest VIII, Ghost Hunter, Gladius, Gungrave, Manhunt, Maximo, Mega Man X, Metal Slug, Rogue Galaxy, Tenchu, The Red Star, Extreme G Xgra and many other gems.

Sir.

*sits back down*

markizazn likes this

Traded mine in for a 360.

As it happens, I don't regret it at all

I still have myne for FF games, its still a nice simply and hardwaring piece of tech, no idea how many years ive had my slimline 2 but it hasnt died after several pets several houses and 2 kids who can break anything.

I still use it too play Star Wars Battlefront sometimes! i must have put so many hours into it. Nothing beats blowing Darth Vader of the platforms in Bespin with a wookie with a grenade launcher!

Great Memories!

Nasty Note likes this

Battlefront 2

Digital Devil Saga 1-2

Saint Seiya: The Sanctuary and The Hades

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's call

Metal Gear Solid 3

i have 2 of em

games i still have and ill keep buying more of em

RE code veronica,KH1 and 2,Megaman X collections,FFX and FFX2,DDR Games,RE 4,DOA 2

babane likes this

Sits besides my Xbox360 for FF'10,12 ; The Dot Hack series ; KH1,2 ; Suikoden ; Onimusha and more.

babane likes this

I still play Grandia: Xtreme and Romance of the Three Kingdoms X on mine from time to time.

Sits besides my Xbox360 for FF'10,12 ; The Dot Hack series ; KH1,2 ; Suikoden ; Onimusha and more.

dot Hack and Suikoden?

I just fell in love :P

TheTitan likes this

I'm still playing some of my old PS2 games. Simpsons hit and run, Dbz Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Kindom hearts 2 (one of the best games ever released in my opinion). I have the slim (black) PS2 with an 8mb memory card and two plain black controlers. Is it just me or did the original PS2 have more compatability with games. Because I brought Midnight clug 2 DUB edition Remix and it didn'y work on the slim. I ended up buying 3 copies of the game before giving up.

I finished the first Yakuza not long ago also played Shining Force 3 on my Saturn recently.

I have a PS2, use it for a few games that have yet to touch onto the PSN store. Though it's rare and not often that I use it. Then again I also have a PSone still. XD

Yeah I sometimes play FFX, Simpsons Road Rage, KH 1 and 2, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, NHL Hitz 2003 and Dark Cloud.

Oh yeah, still hop online in Battlefront 2 every so often. Mainly use it when my best friend Devin comes over, we used to play splitscreen PS3 in junior high and High school pretty much every weekend. WE still do a lot of the time when he comes over. Since spring alone we've played:

Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars Battlefront 2

X-Men Legends

X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (played through on both PS2 and 360 this year lol, same screen in ps2, online with 360)

Champions of Norrath: Realms of EverQuest

Buzz The Mega Quiz

Guitar Hero 3

Twisted Metal Black

Dynasty Warriors 4

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance

Played Fatal Frame yesterday actually. lol

i dl'ed some ps2 games off psn to my ps3. (the gta games and Capcom vs SNK 2)

i did have a long, drawn out response as to why I still ply my ps2, but I will instead answer you question with: fuck the hell yes I do.