• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jms22616

Star citizen 3.0 Hype !!

117 posts in this topic

Hey all TreasureKnight here!! I see starcitizen has been long lost in the AJSA community ! Well with the upcoming 3.0 update and moon landings I'd thought I would give it a shot and try to spark interest! With 3.0 I really don't want to lone wolf it ! SOOOOO JOIN ME !!!! The largest ship I possess in my fleet is the ANVIL CARACK (not out yet =/ ) which is the best exploration ship currently that is a multi crew ship let me add! So not good at dog fighting? WE can practice that by attacking each other, starting beef on the ptu, or doing pirate swarm! Have a sucky starter ship ? By no means do I have all the ships but I do have 2 of the best dog fighters the hornet and the sabre which I'll be happy to let any one try. Trying to get a healthy community is all a really want ! have any questions I'll be happy to answer them as best as I can (im up to date)!! Yeah so please let me know if interested !        

I've got to seriously ask.... Does anyone believe that this game is EVER going to come out?  3.0 is just another Alpha stage and even that is being constantly pushed back!  Chris Roberts is constantly saying that they are focusing on quality, but when I played the Alpha in October last year it was buggy as hell and the only thing that seemed to be fully functional was the microtransaction storefront..... during an Alpha!

I don't get it...... I just don't!  It seems like to me that they are just stretching out the Alpha until the community finally goes dead.  At which point they will send an apology post, saying they have no money to refund you and run off!  Alpha 3.0 and Squadron 42 have now been delayed multiple times with no clear release for either in sight, yet the dev's keep putting it in front of the face of all thier fans just out of reach keeping them chasing it like a Cat and a ball of string.

I've ranted about this before and frankly I'm tired of it, it's high time the people who actually backed and supported the project do something about it!  I don't care about the community videos and updates they put out saying "How much they appreciate you"  because like all game companies all they only care about the contents of your wallet.  I also don't believe any promise they make when they say "It's coming soon" because they are just trying to keep your attention with the reassurance that this doomed project is still alive.

Even if you backed this project and you are really exited about the idea, you need to stop lying to yourself and admit the truth.  With all the time and money that has been invested so far Roberts Space Industries has NOT made even close to the amount of progress they should have made by now and you know it.  Get angry, get on their forums and let then know about it because I guarantee if you don't this dream game will NEVER come to fruition.

Do I believe it will ever come out. Yes. Do I know that for 100% certainty. No. But then again that is part of the gamble when giving money to anything before the product is complete.

To be fair to CR, yes he did say that they are focusing on quality, and they are (most true alphas are far worse than this), but alot of what is giving them grief is their networking/servers. 

They have released their production schedule for 3.0 and have been updating it every week. Yes it has been delayed alot, but with what they are trying to put into it, and some of the problems that they have had to iron out, its hard not too. If they had released 3.0 near the start of the year, calling it unplayable probably would have been an understatement. Now granted, it will more than likely still be sketchy as all heck at launch, but nowhere near as bad. As for SQ42, yea I am frustrated myself with any clear knowledge as to how truly along they are, but from what Ive heard is that the game is done, the biggest thing holding them up that I am aware of is the AI, which you cant really blame them for trying to get it right. Yea its frustrating and I wanted SQ42 last year kind of thing, but I would rather them do it right instead of pulling a Ubisoft/EA and release the game unfinished, buggy, with stupid AI and all around frustrating to play (cough Assassins creed Unity).

As for the time, there is a saying that i heard awhile ago that says "love is like a fart, if you have to force it, its probably crap",  likewise videogame development is the same way, if you have to rush it/force it, it will almost always be crap. I mean look at all the games that have flopped or have been received somewhat poorly, most if not all of them where rushed to meet some deadline set by the publishers. Now yes there are the rare exceptions like duke nukem forever and titan that were in production for ages and either bombed super hard or never came out, but those are an exception and in the case of duke nukem, involved alot of internal trouble that caused that to happen.

To say that there is little progress so far is kind of an unfair statement only because we are not talking about an established studio. If it was naughty dog, activision, bethesda or an other large established studio, then i would agree with you far more, but because CIG started off with less than 10 people (8 i believe and at least 3 of them were not developers in any way shape or form), they not only had to hire people, but get studio space, equipment and everything else that a starting studio would need to even get going. It is also hard to guage alot of stuff with such and inconsistent source of income like crowdfunding. And just as a last thing, I have not always agreed with everything that CIG has done, but there hasnt been enough to say that they arent doing anything and that this is doomed.

Anywho sorry for the wall of text

Please, and I extend this to the entire SC fan base, wake the fuck up!

They've split the game in two to charge more money, they have maintained the most lucrative store front in gaming whare gift cards literally cost more than they're worth and with $18,000 DLC packs, the game itself is barely playable in its current state, they have taken enough time and enough of the FANS money to develop Horizon: Zero Dawn three times over and still have a few $million to spare...

And here you are, as the fanbace, trying to drum up excitement over the next stage of this Alpha? Get a grip!

There is three possibilities here.;

One, the developers are con-men, and you should stop supporting them;

Two, the developers are in way over thier heads and simply cannot complete this game despite it's huge budget and is doomed despite "best intentions" (I say that in air quotes because the splitting of the game and it's insanely greedy store suggest otherwise), and thus people should stop supporting it because it's a sinking ship, or;

Three, the now massive budget has increased expections and ambitions to a point where the developers simply can't keep up and deliver something worthy of the ever increasing crowdfund. If that was true, Robert's Space Industries would stick to thier guns saying "This is our budget, we have made enough to finish this game on its current ambition." and end the crowdfund themselves to stop forcing further development changes to justify the larger budget... but they haven't...

So, fan or not, no matter how you look at it, the next step is clear. Stop supporting this game. If you want it released, stop giving money. 

Star Citizen PU Alpha 3.0 looks simply amazing. It takes time to build game company from the scratch and develop all required technologies but things starts to get together in Alpha 3.0 (Item System 2.0, loot system 2.0, PG planets, etc.)

According to E3 big publishers and developers are not working on games like Star Citizen so it still looks like supporting SC is the only way to get a game like it.

4 hours ago, Doctor said:

It takes time to build game company from the scratch and develop all required technologies but things starts to get together in Alpha 3.0 (Item System 2.0, loot system 2.0, PG planets, etc.)

Ah...... NO!  They did NOT develop "all required technologies" from scratch.  It was being developed using the pre-existing CryEngine from Crytek and later switched to Lumberyard from Amazon.  Neither of these are owned or developed by RSI.  LINK

55 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Ah...... NO!  They did NOT develop "all required technologies" from scratch.  It was being developed using the pre-existing CryEngine from Crytek and later switched to Lumberyard from Amazon.  Neither of these are owned or developed by RSI.  LINK

Sure, the game company / studio(s) were built from scratch. Last time they talked about the topic, over 50% code was rewritten.

CryEngine or Lumberyard doesn't have features and capabilities they need so they need to write lots of new code. Btw. one of the guys on video above is Marco Corbetta.

Are you looking forward to play Alpha 3.0 or do you rather wait for the "final" release?

3 hours ago, Doctor said:

Are you looking forward to play Alpha 3.0 or do you rather wait for the "final" release?

I would say I would rather wait for the final release......  but I don't believe that is ever going to happen.

With all the delays, controversy, questionable monetization and largely mediocre Alpha content it seems to me that the belief that this project is chasing a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow is sinking in even among backers.  I know of several people in the AJSA that backed it and have now largly lost interest.

In all honesty if we're to wager right now I would put my money on this project being officially canned within two years.  I don't want that to happen, I hope I'm wrong and it would be a real shame but intellectually that's what I think.

12 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I would say I would rather wait for the final release......  but I don't believe that is ever going to happen.

Well, I agree in sense that I don't believe Star Citizen will ever have a "final" version. It is ever evolving game just like pretty much any other MMO.

It will be very interesting to see how huge the game already gets in alpha stage. The goal is so ambitious that even 20% ready would easily mean hundreds of hours of gameplay.

With all the delays, controversy, questionable monetization and largely mediocre Alpha content it seems to me that the belief that this project is chasing a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow is sinking in even among backers.  I know of several people in the AJSA that backed it and have now largly lost interest.

Delays are normal in software development just like are buggy alpha versions. CIG even went as far as to explain these basic things in their Schedule Report so people would understand better what the estimations means. We can be sure there are lots of delays, problems, and changed plans in Cyberpunk 2077, Beyond Good & Evil 2, GTA VI, TES VI, etc. development. Just because we can't see behind the closed doors it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

In all honesty if we're to wager right now I would put my money on this project being officially canned within two years.  I don't want that to happen, I hope I'm wrong and it would be a real shame but intellectually that's what I think.

I wouldn't recommend to support any crowdfunding projects if one is not ready to lose his money or get disappointed because of the end results. In the other hand if one wants game to get done, I think supporting those projects is the best way to help them to happen.

"On Friday, Happy Hour: Interview returns! This time, Content Manager Jared Huckaby will sit down with Will Maiden and Gareth Bourn to discuss 3.0 Game Systems. Make sure to tune in LIVE at twitch.tv/starcitizen." - CIG: This Week in Star Citizen

Sounds interesting.

On 10/07/2017 at 5:49 PM, Doctor said:

Delays are normal in software development just like are buggy alpha versions. CIG even went as far as to explain these basic things in their Schedule Report so people would understand better what the estimations means. We can be sure there are lots of delays, problems, and changed plans in Cyberpunk 2077, Beyond Good & Evil 2, GTA VI, TES VI, etc. development. Just because we can't see behind the closed doors it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Ok, I've debated with myself whether to call you out on this but the more I think about it the more hypocritical it really is so here we go.....

For starters NONE of the of the games you have listed there have a confirmed release date, Beyond Good & Evil 2 was only just announced, Cyberpunk we know is still in development by a credible developer which Roberts Space Industries sure as hell isn't and the other two are not confirmed to be in development at all!  So with all due respect you have no fucking idea what stage any of these games are at and in the case of two of them even exist.

On top of that you have flat out lied saying that this project has used assets and development tools entirely of the developers own making as an excuse for all the delays when it  (as I have proven) is simply not the case.  Dozen's of games used the CryEngine (on which the new Lumberyard is based) since it was first developed for the original Farcry, are they all first person shooters?  Hell fuckin no!  So don't give me your bullshit excuse about "re-writing" parts of the code to adapt their ideas because that is what developers do as part of the basic process! Here's an example of recent game that actually DID use tools and assets 100% produced by the developer including the engine from scratch.

Despite being a full AAA console release form the infinite pocket of Sony Computer Entertainment this had a smaller budget, smaller team and has been released as a complete product in a shorter space of time.

I know you going to attempt to give another popular excuse of "Star Citizen is so much bigger".  Well first of all barely a third of the fucking "game" even exists!  Even the next Alpha it's still less than half of what the full game has promised.

Seriously......  Why the hell you are you applauding this project's lack of progress instead of being pissed as hell I will never know!

Aya Reiko likes this

First of all, please calm down :). We are just discussing here and differences and opinions makes discussion more interesting.

For starters NONE of the of the games you have listed there have a confirmed release date, Beyond Good & Evil 2 was only just announced, Cyberpunk we know is still in development by a credible developer which Roberts Space Industries sure as hell isn't and the other two are not confirmed to be in development at all!  So with all due respect you have no fucking idea what stage any of these games are at and in the case of two of them even exist.

This is exactly the benefit what crowdfunded projects doesn't have. Their life-cycle is known from the beginning but in "traditional" development you don't have to confirm anything before prime time. Big games - like presumably Cyberpunk 2077 and BG&E2 - takes a long time to be developed. We just don't know anything what is going on behind the closed doors - GTA VI, TES VI. Of course Bethesda, Rockstar, etc. are saying nothing is going on just to turn game medias and players attention towards their latest games.

On top of that you have flat out lied saying that this project has used assets and development tools entirely of the developers own making as an excuse for all the delays when it  (as I have proven) is simply not the case.  Dozen's of games used the CryEngine since it was first developed for the original Farcry, are they all first person shooters?  Hell fuckin no!  So don't give me your bullshit excuse about "re-writing" parts of the code to adapt their ideas because that is what developers do as part of the basic process! Here's an example of recent game that actually DID use tools and assets 100% produced by the developer including the engine from scratch.

Developing foundation like huge parts of game engine, tools, etc. takes lots of time. More complex the game, more time it takes.

"Marco Corbetta and Carsten Wenzel (ex-Crytek members, now for 2 years at CIG) make clear, that there is no CryEngine anymore. If you compare the engines 1:1 you have around 50% of CryEngine code and 50% of new engine code. But if you look at the actually used code by SC, you have around 10% CryEngine code and 90% new engine code." - source

Maybe you could give an example of a game that uses CryEngine and is anywhere as ambitious and complex as Star Citizen.

Despite being a full AAA console release form the infinite pocket of Sony Computer Entertainment this had a smaller budget, smaller team and has been released as a complete product in a shorter space of time.

I know you going to attempt to give another popular excuse of "Star Citizen is so much bigger".  Well first of all barely a third of the fucking "game" even exists!  Even the next Alpha it's still less than half of what the full game has promised.

Well, Horizon Zero Dawn is probably an excellent game but it is still a simple third-person shooter. AAA games can be developed even in a year or two if it simple enough and reuses assets. Huge and complex games takes more time to be developed.

Seriously......  Why the hell you are you applauding this project's lack of progress instead of being pissed as hell I will never know!

They are doing good progress and I'm old enough to not be raging in Internet because of small matters like games :)

@Doctor;

I...I am lost for words. Even typing this I don't know what to say. I have never seen a fanboy of this caliber ever. At first I actually thought you had some intelligence, but now, I see you are a lost cause.

Correct your cluelessnes, Horizon ZD is an open world action RPG, not a third person shooter. Seriously, all it takes is google to not look stupid, but I actually played the game. That might have helped you figure out that GTA VI and TES 6 don't exist as well as the endless wave of unfailing faults that go with the rest of your logic.

Next, are you a gamer? It seams to me that any gamer hates pay to win gameplay mechanics, storefronts on an alpha, broken promises based on the kickstarter and being lied to. Now,  I'm convinced you're a developer/promoter for this game. If not, you're a deluded fanboy. Either way, you can help me. Maybe I'm wrong, but the deluded SC fanbace (as in Docter) who have literally said they'll buy the game even if it never comes out cannot be taken seriously. If you are a dev', do you not want to be told what we think to know what faults to fix so you can make it better?

I don't actually think you're a developer or promoter Docter, but you are deluded. 

Aya Reiko likes this

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

First of all, please calm down :). We are just discussing here and differences and opinions makes discussion more interesting.

This is exactly the benefit what crowdfunded projects doesn't have. Their life-cycle is known from the beginning but in "traditional" development you don't have to confirm anything before prime time. Big games - like presumably Cyberpunk 2077 and BG&E2 - takes a long time to be developed. We just don't know anything what is going on behind the closed doors - GTA VI, TES VI. Of course Bethesda, Rockstar, etc. are saying nothing is going on just to turn game medias and players attention towards their latest games.

Exactly the reason you shouldn't be trying to justify Star Citizens "progress" in comparison to these when they haven't even been announced....  You hypocrite!

Developing foundation like huge parts of game engine, tools, etc. takes lots of time. More complex the game, more time it takes.

"Marco Corbetta and Carsten Wenzel (ex-Crytek members, now for 2 years at CIG) make clear, that there is no CryEngine anymore. If you compare the engines 1:1 you have around 50% of CryEngine code and 50% of new engine code. But if you look at the actually used code by SC, you have around 10% CryEngine code and 90% new engine code." - source

Well if it's the engine that's the problem then maybe they should have used something else?

Maybe you could give an example of a game that uses CryEngine and is anywhere as ambitious and complex as Star Citizen.

Honestly no, but these guys who took the time to develop their own engine from scratch and it is out right now!

Well, Horizon Zero Dawn is probably an excellent game but it is still a simple third-person shooter. AAA games can be developed even in a year or two if it simple enough and reuses assets. Huge and complex games takes more time to be developed.

Are you freaking kidding!  It's a full bodied open world RPG that AS I ALREADY EXPLAINED used a brand new engine and assets developed from scratch.  Star Citizen has been in development for longer than both these examples and has only a bloody Alpha to show for it!  It's not even complete and most likely never will be.

Aya Reiko likes this

Correct your cluelessnes, Horizon ZD is an open world action RPG, not a third person shooter. Seriously, all it takes is google to not look stupid, but I actually played the game. That might have helped you figure out that GTA VI and TES 6 don't exist as well as the endless wave of unfailing faults that go with the rest of your logic.

OK, Horizon ZD is a third person action RPG but that doesn't change anything. It is still a simple game - no need for complex multiplayer netcode, no complex physics, complex simulation, etc. GTA VI or TES 6 doesn't exists and we don't know they are even under development until they are far done. One year they will be announced in E3 and after a year or two they are released. That's something crowdfunded projects can't do and that's why it may feel the progress of their development is slower.

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

Next, are you a gamer? It seams to me that any gamer hates pay to win gameplay mechanics, storefronts on an alpha, broken promises based on the kickstarter and being lied to. Now,  I'm convinced you're a developer/promoter for this game. If not, you're a deluded fanboy. Either way, you can help me. Maybe I'm wrong, but the deluded SC fanbace (as in Docter) who have literally said they'll buy the game even if it never comes out cannot be taken seriously. If you are a dev', do you not want to be told what we think to know what faults to fix so you can make it better?

I'm not sure if I could be called as "a gamer" but I mostly play PDS's strategy games, UrW, X-series, Dwarf Fortress, Sindome and Star Citizen (well, mostly testing).

Star Citizen is interesting to me because at the moment there doesn't seem to be any other game under development like it and it simple looks very convincing. Of course I look forward X4, Hellion, DUAL Universe and other great projects too.

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Exactly the reason you shouldn't be trying to justify Star Citizens "progress" in comparison to these when they haven't even been announced....  You hypocrite!

No one gives a game we could compare Star Citizen so I need to give examples of other big projects.

Well if it's the engine that's the problem then maybe they should have used something else?

There wasn't need to because they are able to fix the problems by themselves. Developers from Crytek are a great help.

Honestly no, but these guys who took the time to develop their own engine from scratch and it is out right now!

Sure, I have Elite Dangerous and if I would like to play game like it I will play ED or even X-series which I like better. ED is a simple game. Even ED community knows there are serious problems with the game at the moment and we don't know yet when FD is planning to fix them. Elite Dangerous is very different game than Star Citizen and definitely not an replacement.

Are you freaking kidding!  It's a full bodied open world RPG that AS I ALREADY EXPLAINED used a brand new engine and assets developed from scratch.  Star Citizen has been in development for longer than both these examples and has only a bloody Alpha to show for it!  It's not even complete and most likely never will be.

So do you mean Horizon Zero Dawn is as complex and ambitious game as Star Citizen?

2 minutes ago, Doctor said:

So do you mean Horizon Zero Dawn is as complex and ambitious game as Star Citizen?

No, just a better game.

4 minutes ago, Shagger said:

No, just a better game.

Well, of course lots of players are going to prefer HZD over Star Citizen. Space simulation games are niche even though they have been growing popularity last couple of years. In the other hand Star Citizen is not a space games but a game which combines multiple of different genres.

1 minute ago, Doctor said:

Well, of course lots of players are going to prefer HZD over Star Citizen. Space simulation games are niche even though they have been growing popularity last couple of years. In the other hand Star Citizen is not a space games but a game which combines multiple of different genres.

Stop trying to sell Star Citizen. Right now it's shit and, by your own admission,  it'll never finnished past that point.

One lf my favourite things aboy HZD is that it follws a very simple, consumer freindly yet disappointingly rare idea of developing a game, including all the content with the sranderd version, testing if fully to keep launch bugs to minimum and then selling it. An odd idea, right? But still, why not spend two months patching and rebalancing the game post luanch anyway and only THEN start developing DLC. Its like they care about thier customers or something weird like that. No gift cards that cash in for less than they cost nor any $18,000 DLC packs for a broken "alpha" or anything. Are they mad? And for less than a third of the development cost that actully took less time? What a load of hacks!

Just now, Shagger said:

Stop trying to sell Star Citizen. Right now it's shit and, by your own admission,  it'll never finnished past that point.

I don't try to sell Star Citizen to anyone but Star Citizen forum is pretty good place to talk about it. It is interesting to hear peoples opinions about the game.

Just now, Shagger said:

One lf my favourite things aboy HZD is that it follws a very simple, consumer freindly yet disappointingly rare idea of developing a game, including all the content with the sranderd version, testing if fully to keep launch bugs to minimum and then selling it.

It is great that you have found a game you really like.

HZD is not style of a game I like to play but Star Citizen is. HZD does well what is does but it is still very limited and doesn't allow me as a player enjoy the game world the way I would like to - it has been designed to be a simple and straightforward game which tells player a story.

I have never found big blockbusters and E3 hyped games very interesting but quite boring after couple of hours of playing. Games I'm mostly playing lasts hundreds or thousands of hours and even decades of playing.

14 minutes ago, Doctor said:

I don't try to sell Star Citizen to anyone but Star Citizen forum is pretty good place to talk about it. It is interesting to hear peoples opinions about the game.

It is great that you have found a game you really like.

HZD is not style of a game I like to play but Star Citizen is. HZD does well what is does but it is still very limited and doesn't allow me as a player enjoy the game world the way I would like to - it has been designed to be a simple and straightforward game which tells player a story.

I have never found big blockbusters and E3 hyped games very interesting but quite boring after couple of hours of playing. Games I'm mostly playing lasts hundreds or thousands of hours and even decades of playing.

Nice sidestep. I totally forgot that I was wondering why you think the "EVIL" AAA Playstation game is less courteous to the consumer than your $160 million crowdfunded alpha complete with nothing except gameplay bugs a pay to win storefront.

12 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Nice sidestep. I totally forgot that I was wondering why you think the "EVIL" AAA Playstation game is less courteous to the consumer than your $160 million crowdfunded alpha complete with nothing except gameplay bugs a pay to win storefront.

I don't think there is anything evil in Playstation HZD AAA game. It definitely would be nice to have that game on all platforms even if I don't care about the game myself.

Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 definitely looks much more interesting game than anything I have seen or heard about for a long time. I definitely hope it would start a trend to push ambitious much further forward than what we have used to although I'm not sure if publishers would be interesting give a try. Unfortunately there didn't seem to be anything interesting in E3 other than new Total War: WH 2, Mount & Blade 2 and couple of others.

Stop trying to sell tbe game! And you still haven't answered my question.

Do you think Star Citizen offers the same value vor money right now as a typical AAA game. Yes or no.

And you what, the only reason that AAA publishers have navigiated a wide birth of projects like SC is because the know that they are impending disasters waiting in line for thier turn to explode. They think about these things with tier heads, not thier hearts. Like it or not, thats the way it should be done.

Aya Reiko likes this

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

Stop trying to sell tbe game!

I'm not selling anything, just discussing.

Do you think Star Citizen offers the same value vor money right now as a typical AAA game. Yes or no.

By looking amount of hours and money I have spend to both GTA V and Tomb Raider ($60) compared to Star Citizen ($45), I can say Star Citizen has been offered me way more value for money than those two AAA-games combined. But for most people at this point, I would say definitely not.

And you what, the only reason that AAA publishers have navigiated a wide birth of projects like SC is because the know that they are impending disasters waiting in line for thier turn to explode. They think about these things with tier heads, not thier hearts. Like it or not, thats the way it should be done.

Yeah, publishers are not interested to take risks and it looks like players are just fine to play straightforward type of games, so there is no need to take risks either. This is just yet another reason why I'm more than happy to support CIG and Star Citizen.