• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jms22616

Star citizen 3.0 Hype !!

117 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I didn't call anybody names, not once.

I misread your post. I thought you meant that CIG looks like greedy a*** because of their website. I remembered you once called them crooks which made it sound worse.

Their website is a bit too complex for my taste but good news is that they are working on new site. We should get a new matrix for ships. It is a greatly requested improvement.

Here's a video about Alpha 3.0 features. The list may still change and hopefully there will be some new features shown in AtV tomorrow and at gamescom later this month.

YOU'RE STILL FUCKING SIDESTEPPING! Why would I want to discuss this with you in any way when you refuse to listen?

Shagger I'm going to need you to calm down and stop saying things like he's "deluded" for not answering things, this was a very minor and easy misread of what Crazy said, this is also right after Crazy did the same thing to him "Ahh...... What?  You mean if the games fails (which it almost certainly will) you'll be all like "Ha Ha you'r all stupid!  I may have wasted my own money on a doomed project but the jokes on you since you never get to play an unfinished game Alpha that you never cared enough about to waste your money in!" but with even less reason to come to such a conclusion. 

Rain just told you

Also, there's no need to get overly excited during a discussion. Points can be made without pushing or making assumptions. We all get passionate about something we like and that's all it is. Let's keep the debates clean and non-personal.

He/she

Crazy is a guy and they would be faster and more appropriate if you didn't know.

The topic of today's AtV seems to be outposts again. They are good to have in Alpha 3.0 already but I'm not hugely interested until there enough depth on them. Well, hopefully they have some interesting information to share about the design and upcoming gameplay possibilities.

Teaser - Around the Verse: Part 2 of our Surface Outposts featurette and another episode of Burndown!

edit: The full episode is now online

I like the Burndown-section a lot. I hope they would keep it on upcoming AtVs as well instead of date estimates.

It seems it is possible to play a build with Daymar included in gamescom 2017. Looks great.

JoJoeyJoJo 31 points 5 hours ago (3 children)

Brian Chambers interview was a bit disappointing, lots of fluff questions and not much of substance. He said "don't know" to a lot of core design questions, even though he said that was his responsibility.

Couldn't really say what in this build he was responsible for, what the biggest 3.0 blockers were or any blockers they'd solved, mostly just talked about cafeteria animations and cup clipping.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vfoud/gamescom_event_megathread/dm0h5k2/

JoJoeyJoJo 37 points 6 hours ago* (3 children)

Summary for people who haven't been watching

They can only play for 10 minutes at a time because they're on the same server as the public. QT and MobiGlas is turned off from the build, Daymar only, 12 players in an instance, and it looks like combat damage is off too - maybe to stop griefing? We also haven't seen any cargo or missions. It's still a bit unstable, missing atmospheric effects and crashing on stream a few times.

They're mostly showing off new armour and weapons, the Nox and Ursa, and some of the new ships like the Cutlass, Prospector and redone Aurora in between showing ads for those. Have visited a small spaceport that contains ships, a small outpost, a plant alien, a crashed Caterpillar and a sort of mothyard so far. Flown out of the atmosphere and to the dark side.

EDIT: Atmospheric flight model - https://clips.twitch.tv/BlatantExpensiveCroissantNotLikeThis

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vfoud/gamescom_event_megathread/dm0ewds/

SCsailor1Mercenary 38 points 4 hours ago* (3 children)

Man today's stream was painful to watch. The physics was all over the place and players clipping trough the ground and floor etc. Also the Nox handling reminds me of Bambi on ice and it was randomly jumping up in the air and rolling over and stuff. Also most of 3.0 futures where disabled.

BellacosePlayer 19 points 4 hours ago (2 children)

Also most of 3.0 futures where disabled.

Can't really think of a good reason to do this unless a lot of features are really fucked atm.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vfoud/gamescom_event_megathread/dm0kzy5/

Flying rover clipping into mountain: https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetSneakyHawkDansGame

6 years and $150 million, for this?!?

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!  'Cause CIG is bringing out for public consumption...

TRADING CARDS!

Yes. Real, physical trading cards for a game that is an obvious trainwreck and might never see the light of day.

Shagger likes this

1 hour ago, Aya Reiko said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vfoud/gamescom_event_megathread/dm0h5k2/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vfoud/gamescom_event_megathread/dm0ewds/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vfoud/gamescom_event_megathread/dm0kzy5/

Flying rover clipping into mountain: https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetSneakyHawkDansGame

6 years and $150 million, for this?!?

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!  'Cause CIG is bringing out for public consumption...

TRADING CARDS!

Yes. Real, physical trading cards for a game that is an obvious trainwreck and might never see the light of day.

I liked your post not because I actually liked it, on the contrary it's all bad news that I don't like to see at all, but because it's good to see a source of information that hasn't been filtered by Doctor's hype booster.

Trading cards? You know what, I can't even pretend to be surprised by any of the greedy shit these people do anymore.

Here's a stream for day 2.

23 hours ago, Shagger said:

I liked your post not because I actually liked it, on the contrary it's all bad news that I don't like to see at all, but because it's good to see a source of information that hasn't been filtered by Doctor's hype booster.

Hah :)! Well, people can be just as (less) hyped as they want, I don't mind. I trust that the people watch the material by themselves and make their own conclusions and decisions.

Alpha 3.0 looks better and more impressive than what I have ever seen before so I'm personally very excited to get a change to play it. It is good to see Alpha 3.0 build in gamescom instead of rumored 2.6.3.

New Cutlass Black looks very good. I could support the project with the price of it if there will be no interesting game announcements anytime soon.

CIG has added some new ship commercials (Alpha 3.0) videos to playlist.

gamescom 2017 ship commercials so far: MISC Prospector, RSI Ursa Rover, Aopoa Nox and Drake Cutlass Black

Here's the main presentation. A typical CIG-cringe performance and extremely impressive live gameplay demo.

So, in case you haven't heard a CRoberts presentation happened...

And it crashed hard.  Big time.  In a clearly scripted, on rails CryEngine level, not an actual 3.0 build.

But that's not all!  Introducing... 

FOIP!

Something that was in EverQuest 2, 5 years ago.  (ohmigod the cringe)  And something nobody asked for.  But hey, you can get a SC branded webcam!

Oh, and who is handling the FOIP tech?  Faceware.  Never heard of them?  Maybe you heard of another game they had a hand in making... MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA.

Wow this IS AWFUL!!!

The only way to watch this is with the Goons on DS's Discord:

Crazycrab and Shagger like this

1 hour ago, Aya Reiko said:

So, in case you haven't heard a CRoberts presentation happened...

And it crashed hard.  Big time.  In a clearly scripted, on rails CryEngine level, not an actual 3.0 build.

But that's not all!  Introducing... 

FOIP!

Something that was in EverQuest 2, 5 years ago.  (ohmigod the cringe)  And something nobody asked for.  But hey, you can get a SC branded webcam!

Wow this IS AWFUL!!!

The only way to watch this is with the Goons on their Discord:

Backers.... Skip to around 47 minutes to see what they have spent $156,000,000 of YOUR money on!  Thanks for posting @Aya Reiko!

Aya Reiko and Shagger like this

FOIP support was discussed in 2013 already so the feature is nothing new to the project. Great to see they will integrate it into the game and I'm most likely going to use with my modified webcam. I have used head tracking so face tracking is couple of steps forward.

8 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Backers.... Skip to around 47 minutes to see what they have spent $156,000,000 of YOUR money on!  Thanks for posting @Aya Reiko!

Don't forget the Hour-37 minute mark too.  5 years and $150+, for this.

I wish we could get Joe to see this.  I'd love to see his reaction.  I would imagine it would start like something like this...

Shagger and Crazycrab like this

Here's version for those who wants to enjoy the demo without commentary or development version issues / bigger bugs:

@Doctor You've said on sevral occasions that you're fine with people being critical of the game, I think I've figured out why. It's because you just refuse to aknowlegde it, don't you? I mean, you could have commented on anything that Aya brought up but no, instead you post more promotional vids, but then it gets worse. Not only are you ignoring everything that's been pointed by Aya and others, but now your literally trying to cover up the issues? You are unbelievable.

57 minutes ago, Shagger said:

@Doctor You've said on sevral occasions that you're fine with people being critical of the game, I think I've figured out why. It's because you just refuse to aknowlegde it, don't you? I mean, you could have commented on anything that Aya brought up but no. Not only are you ignore everything that's been pointed by Aya and others, but now your literally trying to cover up the issues? You are unbelievable.

So Aya is saying that to achieve to demo has cost +$150M and took 5 years of work.

Where did Aya got the amount of money spent and why does he/she thinks the demo includes all CIG has done so far? Squadron 42 has $0 budget? Why did he/she got information that CIG doesn't have tons of stuff in other branches that has not merged yet?

To me Aya is just throwing random "facts" and opinions without giving any arguments how or why he/she thinks like that. Someone could call them as FUD or just plain lies. I personally think it would be necessary to get links and arguments to even have a discussion.

30 minutes ago, Doctor said:

So Aya is saying that to achieve to demo has cost +$150M and took 5 years of work.

Where did Aya got the amount of money spent and why does he/she thinks that all CIG has done so far? Why did he/she got information that CIG doesn't have tons of stuff in other branches that has not merged yet?

To me Aya is just throwing random "facts" and opinions without giving any arguments how or why he/she thinks like that. It would be good to get links and arguments to even have a discussion.

Wow.  Seriously wow.  You have a serious case of burying your head in the sand when things do look good for you or this game.

This godforsaken game has been in production since 2012 with an original release date of 2014.  SO DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING TO PUSH THAT BULLSHIT LIE THAT THE GAME HAS BEEN IN PRODUCTION FOR LESS THAN THAT.

Furthermore, CIG has taken loans to keep the project going.  And yet they've touted they have raised $150+ million to fund production. People don't take loans from Coutts with virtually the whole game as collateral for "reasons", they take them when they're broke and can't fund ongoing operations.  Meaning, CIG HAS BURNED THROUGH MOST, IF NOT ALL, OF THE CROWDFUNDING TO MAKE A BARELY FUNCTIONAL ALPHA.

edit- Correction. An on-rails CryEngine level that crashed and was a bug-ridden mess.  3.0, like S42, is still MIA.

Oh, and Alpha 3 is nearly a year late, and, like the full game itself, is heavily scaled back from the original plan.  https://imgur.com/a/273z5#dcTTg5k

But please keep spewing the propaganda Spectrum, and by proxy CIG, wants you to puke out.  But since all you do is recite the same pre-packaged bullshit with nary an original thought at all, you might as well do everyone a favor and just leave.

14 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Where did Aya got the amount of money spent and why does he/she thinks the demo includes all CIG has done so far? Squadron 42 has $0 budget? Why did he/she got information that CIG doesn't have tons of stuff in other branches that has not merged yet?

To me Aya is just throwing random "facts" and opinions without giving any arguments how or why he/she thinks like that. Someone could call them as FUD or just plain lies. I personally think it would be necessary to get links and arguments to even have a discussion.

First, the evidence was right there. The game pretty much crashed and had severe bugs in it. The commentery, the twitch chat and e even the prenters of the show could see this was mess that hasn't improved much if at all this past year. Those are not random facts, just facts you don't wanna believe, so you put your blinkers on.

Second, who the hell said Squadron 42 had a $0 budget? Clearly a significant portion of the $150+ million was spent on it and idea's otherwise, be it a criticism or a defence, would be ludicrous.

Thirdly, Ayais right. With $150+ million of thier fans and at least 5 years in development and if that's the best they can do, there's only one to descride it. Pathetic.

And lastly, why are you so quick to debate this me why I'm not even the one poining this out. There's no  point whinging to me about it, so stop being such a coward and bring it up with Aya. 

Aya Reiko and Crazycrab like this

34 minutes ago, Aya Reiko said:

Wow.  Seriously wow.  You have a serious case of burying your head in the sand when things do look good for you or this game.

*snip*

Sorry but capital and bold letters doesn't help this discussion at all.

People has supported the project for a pretty good amount of money but as far as I know there is no data how much money achieving Alpha 3.0 or the demo has cost. You said +$150M but since you didn't give any facts or links the argument is unfortunately just random guessing. If they have used all their money I guess we can expect lots of people leaving the company in upcoming week(s).

As much I have experience from software industry I personally believe there are tons of code and features in their development branches that were not merged into a demo branch the build was made from.

I don't spread propaganda but information what we have available and express my own opinions about the project. Everyone can made their own conclusions and decisions according to playable alpha releases and shared material.

32 minutes ago, Shagger said:

First, the evidence was right there. The game pretty much crashed and had severe bugs in it. The commentery, the twitch chat and e even the prenters of the show could see this was mess that hasn't improved much if at all this past year. Those are not random facts, just facts you don't wanna believe, so you put your blinkers on.

Second, who the hell said Squadron 42 had a $0 budget? Clearly a significant portion of the $150+ million was spent on it and idea's otherwise, be it a criticism or a defence, would be ludicrous.

Thirdly, Ayais right. With $150+ million of thier fans and at least 5 years in development and if that's the best they can do, there's only one to descride it. Pathetic.

And lastly, why are you so quick to debate this me why I'm not even the one poining this out. There's no  point whinging to me about it, so stop being such a coward and bring it up with Aya. 

Yes, there were problems and crashes which is totally normal is software development especially when you are using development branches. I personally give CIG credit for doing demos knowing there are technical problems. I don't personally mind them at all. Software like games has lots of bugs and issues even after releases.

Even if the project has +$150M budget to use at the moment and what we saw in the demo it doesn't tell us how much they have achieved so far overall. Without seeing in their development branches we can just speculate and throw wild guesses. A demo was probably branched from the Alpha 3.0 dev branch some time ago and then added some code necessity to have a demo. What happens in other branches, we don't know.

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

People has supported the project for a pretty good amount of money but as far as I know there is no data how much money achieving Alpha 3.0 or the demo has cost. You said +$150M but since you didn't give any facts or links the argument is unfortunately just random guessing. If they have used all their money I guess we can expect lots of people leaving the company in upcoming week(s).

As much I have experience from software industry I personally believe there are tons of code and features in their development branches that were not merged into a demo branch the build was made from.

I don't spread propaganda but information what we have available and express my own opinions about the project. Everyone can made their own conclusions and decisions according to playable alpha releases and shared material.

Yes, there were problems and crashes which is totally normal is software development especially when you are using development branches. I personally give CIG credit for doing demos knowing there are technical problems. I don't personally mind them at all. Software like games has lots of bugs and issues even after releases.

Even if the project has +$150M budget to use at the moment and what we saw in the demo it doesn't tell us how much they have achieved so far overall. Without seeing in their development branches we can just speculate and throw wild guesses. A demo was probably branched from the Alpha 3.0 dev branch some time ago and then added some code necessity to have a demo. What happens in other branches, we don't know.

You put up a video of the gemeplay that removes negative commentary and clips of game bugs and glitches, how is that along with the endless tirade of promotions you've posted here NOT proaganda! That vid in particular is not even honest and you owe the AJSA forum community and apology for that.

Now, it doesn't matter how much of that $150 million has been spent nor on what (Although considering that CIG have taken out two corporate loans in recent years I personally find it very hard to believe that any of that money is left.) because what matters is they took it! They took the money and have woefully under-delivered. Even if what you're implying is true and not all of that has been spent, then it only makes this look worse. The game is in an unacceptable state given the time and budget, but the biggest problem is that it invites a question I know both you and CIG don't have the balls to answer. If not all the money has been spent on the game development, then whare is it all? 

I believe one thing you said. That you have experience in the software industry, most likely for CIG themselves and this is some kind of desperate, and may I say, scum-suckingly disingenuous promotion tactic. The most pathetic part about it is it hasn't even worked. You've been spewing proaganda on this forum for a year and I don't think a single person has been convinced to buy this game. If you were really intrested in getting the AJSA gaming community intersted in playing, why havent you tried to get a community drive, group, guild or even a game night happening? You don't care about any of that, your just some promotion drive that's failed. Maybe Aya is right and you should leave.

1 hour ago, Doctor said:

Here's the cold hard truth you blatantly ignored.  The whole thing, is late.  It was supposed to be out in 2014, but here we are in 2017 with the third Alpha, an ALPHA with its scope significantly reduced, being delayed for nearly a year, and it is clearly a mess.  Its doesn't matter how many branches it has, it means nothing if it is not working, and the Chris' on-rails presentation demonstrated that the whole thing is a trainwreck.

And yet you continue to lie, distort, and just ignore things you can't dispute.  You post nothing but the latest bullshit propaganda from CIG.  You have no thoughts of your own. If we wiped clean every bit of CIG's propaganda, every bullshit hype vid you have posted, then this one truth becomes clear; You have contributed nothing here.  You have no credibility, and the last vid you posted is all the proof anyone could ever need of that.  You are pathetic.  You offer nothing.  My advise to you...

And just leave.