• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jms22616

Star citizen 3.0 Hype !!

117 posts in this topic

Sorry, Shagger and Aya but I think I stay in AJSA forums. It has been a great place to discuss about the games so far.

I personally think it is important and interesting to share CIG's material so people can have a discussion about the game and how the development progresses. It is great to be able to follow the development much more closer than it is normally possible. Of course not everyone is happy about the game or some parts of it but that gives yet another reason to have a discussion.

CIG couldn't reach the estimated internal release dates and I'm pleased they finally dropped them and switched to burndown schedule because I think it gives much better view how much work the release still possibly requires. If Alpha 3.0 is anything they have showed so far I'm definitely happy to the progress so far - I'm patient so I don't mind for waiting.

See you in the verse :)

34 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Sorry, Shagger and Aya but I think I stay in AJSA forums. It has been a great place to discuss about the games so far.

I personally think it is important and interesting to share CIG's material so people can have a discussion about the game and how the development progresses. It is great to be able to follow the development much more closer than it is normally possible. Of course not everyone is happy about the game or some parts of it but that gives yet another reason to have a discussion.

CIG couldn't reach the estimated internal release dates and I'm pleased they finally dropped them and switched to burndown schedule because I think it gives much better view how much work the release still possibly requires. If Alpha 3.0 is anything they have showed so far I'm definitely happy to the progress so far - I'm patient so I don't mind for waiting.

See you in the verse :)

You're a liar.

You don't want to dicuss the game. If you did you wouldn't pick and choose what things people bring up to respond to and ignore the rest. You wouldn't only post promotions and gameplay clips edited to remove anything negative. If you wanted to actully get the community involved then like I said, you would have at least attempted to play the game with the AJSA instead of posting propaganda and nothing else. You've proven yourself to be dishonest and souless. You don't want us to dicuss the game, nor even play the game as a community. You want us to buy the game. End of story.

To tell the truth, I can't say for sure if you're some promoter working at the behest of CIG or an affiliate of them, or if you're a deluded fanboy with his head buried in the sand. Either way, you have no credibility here. So do what you want, just don't expect to taken seriouly here anymore.

Aya Reiko likes this

I don't know what else to say or do here because I know that Doctor and the rest of the now dwindling fanbase will keep doing what they always do which is be selective in the use of the facts in order to indulge their chasing of what is now an unrealistic dream.  Even after all this I STILL want to see the game come out and deliver at least an approximation of the experience that was promised......  but I'm now 100% certain that is never going to happen.

A few bugs and missing features is acceptable and not a big deal even for a project that has had $156 million of public investment and 5 years of development time (probably closer to 6 if you count the pre-development time before they launched the kickstarter).   However, After looking at all the information that we have readily available I have a judgement and objective opinion and I'm sure it's shared with other members of the community like @Aya Reiko@Shaggeramong others as well as everyone in the posted "Goons" chat.  I think it's fairly safe to say that in the court of public opinion the amount of progress that has been made and the current level of quality of the product........ is NOT acceptable.

They need to focus of delivering the experience that was promised instead of trying to show off and hype features like the face capture that allows the in game avatar to mimic your live facial expressions, nobody cares about that!  After 5+ years and $156 million of fan investment and we don't even have close to a fully assembled BETA to show for it yet they have the arrogance to have DLC ships and Bundles that cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars.  THAT'S what people are complaining about!

Shagger and Aya Reiko like this

6 hours ago, Shagger said:

You're a liar.

You don't want to dicuss the game. If you did you wouldn't pick and choose what things people bring up to respond to and ignore the rest. You wouldn't only post promotions and gameplay clips edited to remove anything negative. If you wanted to actully get the community involved then like I said, you would have at least attempted to play the game with the AJSA instead of posting propaganda and nothing else. You've proven yourself to be dishonest and souless. You don't want us to dicuss the game, nor even play the game as a community. You want us to buy the game. End of story.

To tell the truth, I can't say for sure if you're some promoter working at the behest of CIG or an affiliate of them, or if you're a deluded fanboy with his head buried in the sand. Either way, you have no credibility here. So do what you want, just don't expect to taken seriouly here anymore.

I'm more than happy to discuss problems and opinions about Star Citizen; flight model, physics, balancing, game mechanisms, etc. There are many things I'm not happy about currently although I know they will be revisited again at some point in the development so things may change drastically.

Speculation about how much money has been spent and what CIG have achieved so far doesn't interest me much if no one here has facts to give. If one is able to tell what is in their development branches I'm very interested to hear more. So far AtV is the only source that has been able to give some answers.

I don't recommend anyone buying the game before trying it first.

6 hours ago, Doctor said:

I'm more than happy to discuss problems and opinions about Star Citizen; flight model, physics, balancing, game mechanisms, etc. There are many things I'm not happy about currently although I know they will be revisited again at some point in the development so things may change drastically.

Speculation about how much money has been spent and what CIG have achieved so far doesn't interest me much if no one here has facts to give. If one is able to tell what is in their development branches I'm very interested to hear more. So far AtV is the only source that has been able to give some answers.

I don't recommend anyone buying the game before trying it first.

1. You've already demonstrated you have no interest in discussion.  You're just a hype man.

2. You contradict yourself with your second paragraph.  CIG's financial situation does matter.  It'll be DNF all over again; CIG will go bust and someone will sift through its ashes to see if there is any viable product at all.  If they deem that there is, they'll just tidy it up and shove it out the door regardless of the state of the game.

4 hours ago, Aya Reiko said:

1. You've already demonstrated you have no interest in discussion.  You're just a hype man.

2. You contradict yourself with your second paragraph.  CIG's financial situation does matter.  It'll be DNF all over again; CIG will go bust and someone will sift through its ashes to see if there is any viable product at all.  If they deem that there is, they'll just tidy it up and shove it out the door regardless of the state of the game.

1. Sharing development diaries and information is not about hype. If a viewer gets hyped it is up to him/her.

It would be interesting to hear do you like flight model at the moment? If not, why not?

I'm not huge fan of it because it makes ships feel way too light for my taste - thrusters are too powerful. I liked how ships felt in PTU 2.6.0e (I think that was the build). Ships were much harder to control and required practicing to be able to fly nicely. It brought of course new problems like long distances between the ships. It will be interesting to see how things will change in the future.

Planetside physics and flight model requires more work as well. I think space ships requires some hovering feeling and visual feedback that thrusters are working hard to keep them on the air.

I personally hope they will spend much more time to tune "flight model" (not algorithm but numbers) and planetary physics and don't keep as they are just to be able to release SQ42 this year - SQ42 can wait if you ask me.

2. Of course financial situation matters but since we don't have facts I'm not interested to spend time to speculate how much has been spent so far.

1 hour ago, Doctor said:

1. Sharing development diaries and information is not about hype. If a viewer gets hyped it is up to him/her.

It would be interesting to hear do you like flight model at the moment? If not, why not?

I'm not huge fan of it because it makes ships feel way too light for my taste - thrusters are too powerful. I liked how ships felt in PTU 2.6.0e (I think that was the build). Ships were much harder to control and required practicing to be able to fly nicely. It brought of course new problems like long distances between the ships. It will be interesting to see how things will change in the future.

Planetside physics and flight model requires more work as well. I think space ships requires some hovering feeling and visual feedback that thrusters are working hard to keep them on the air.

I personally hope they will spend much more time to tune "flight model" (not algorithm but numbers) and planetary physics and don't keep as they are just to be able to release SQ42 this year - SQ42 can wait if you ask me.

2. Of course financial situation matters but since we don't have facts I'm not interested to spend time to speculate how much has been spent so far.

On point 1. (See, this is me dicussing your whole post rather than picking and choosing what parts I want to address)

Those dev' diaries are an attempt to generate hype and show themselves and thier project in good light because that's what PR is, there would be no point in them otherwise. These are made by CIG, so if you think for one second that they are including all the info on the problems the development is having then you're even more ignorant than I thought you were, and that's saying something. You're just copy and pasting what thier saying and that, as @Aya Reiko pointed out, shows you have imagination at all.

Nice to see you feel that improvements can made like you describe, but don't think this gives you some integrity back or dissolves any of the dishonesty we've seen. However, this is of little importance in a game the will likely never see the light of day. Doomed to dwell in development darkeness because of, as you FINNALY admitted the importance of;

On point 2. The financial situation!

Good, were finnaly making progress with you, but you're still sidestepping points made earlier, for example from myself;

"Now, it doesn't matter how much of that $150 million has been spent nor on what (Although considering that CIG have taken out two corporate loans in recent years I personally find it very hard to believe that any of that money is left.) because what matters is they took it! They took the money and have woefully under-delivered. Even if what you're implying is true and not all of that has been spent, then it only makes this look worse. The game is in an unacceptable state given the time and budget, but the biggest problem is that it invites a question I know both you and CIG don't have the balls to answer. If not all the money has been spent on the game development, then whare is it all? "

So you see, it doesn't matter wether or not me, @Aya Reiko or anyone can proove how much of that money has spent because thats not the point. They took the money, and let's not forget that $150+ million figure comes from CIG, and thus they owe the the people they took it from and explanation of whare it is. I mean FFS, why am I expaining that to you when it's you who's put money into this?

11 minutes ago, Shagger said:

On point 1. (See, this is me dicussing your whole post rather than picking and choosing what parts I want to address)

Those dev' diaries are an attempt to generate hype and show themselves and thier project in good light because that's what PR is, there would be no point in them otherwise. These are made by CIG, so if you think for one second that they are including all the info on the problems the development is having then you're even more ignorant than I thought you were, and that's saying something. You're just copy and pasting what thier saying and that, as @Aya Reiko pointed out, shows you have imagination at all.

Nice to see you feel that improvements can made like you describe, but don't think this gives you some integrity back or dissolves any of the dishonesty we've seen. However, this is of little importance in a game the will likely never see the light of day. Doomed to dwell in development darkeness because of, as you FINNALY admitted the importance of;

On point 2. The financial situation!

Good, were finnaly making progress with you, but you're still sidestepping points made earlier like from an earlier;

"Now, it doesn't matter how much of that $150 million has been spent nor on what (Although considering that CIG have taken out two corporate loans in recent years I personally find it very hard to believe that any of that money is left.) because what matters is they took it! They took the money and have woefully under-delivered. Even if what you're implying is true and not all of that has been spent, then it only makes this look worse. The game is in an unacceptable state given the time and budget, but the biggest problem is that it invites a question I know both you and CIG don't have the balls to answer. If not all the money has been spent on the game development, then whare is it all? "

So you see, it doesn't matter wether or not me, @Aya Reiko or anyone can proove how much of that money has spent because thats not the point. They took the money, and thus they owe the the people they took it from and explanation of whare it is. I mean FFS, why am I expaining that to you when it's you who's put money into this?

1. You can take dev diaries as you like of course. I enjoy read and watch developer's dev diaries and I don't take as PR although they could work in that purpose as well. Dev diaries gives people topics to discuss about and give them a change to give developers feedback. So far they have worked very nicely in that way so I can't complain.

2. Well, I don't personally feel they own any explanation where the money has gone other than it is used to create a game. I have never got any more detailed information from any crowdfunded projects I have supported. To me it enough to know these teams are able to work on a game although it is never certain they are able to finish them - that's the risk of crowdfunding.

Shagger likes this

39 minutes ago, Doctor said:

1. You can take dev diaries as you like of course. I enjoy read and watch developer's dev diaries and I don't take as PR although they could work in that purpose as well. Dev diaries gives people topics to discuss about and give them a change to give developers feedback. So far they have worked very nicely in that way so I can't complain.

2. Well, I don't personally feel they own any explanation where the money has gone other than it is used to create a game. I have never got any more detailed information from any crowdfunded projects I have supported. To me it enough to know these teams are able to work on a game although it is never certain they are able to finish them - that's the risk of crowdfunding.

You know what, that's actully fair enough. And the one thing I do credit CIG for is that they do indeed update frequently even long after the Kickstarter has finnished. I doupt they've been fully transparent with the problems going on with the project, but like I said that's true any company, and not just in gaming. If you think this investment (and would be very happy if everyone started calling it that because that's closer to the truth with crowdfunds imo) is worth the risk, then good for you and best of luck. I still you should be allot harder on CIG when it comes to asking whare the money's gone, but that's just because I would be.

On 8/29/2017 at 9:08 AM, Shagger said:

You know what, that's actully fair enough. And the one thing I do credit CIG for is that they do indeed update frequently even long after the Kickstarter has finnished. I doupt they've been fully transparent with the problems going on with the project, but like I said that's true any company, and not just in gaming. If you think this investment (and would be very happy if everyone started calling it that because that's closer to the truth with crowdfunds imo) is worth the risk, then good for you and best of luck. I still you should be allot harder on CIG when it comes to asking whare the money's gone, but that's just because I would be.

I agree that they have not been fully transparent about the problems and that's why I think burndown schedule is a step forward. At least now we are able to see how many and what types of bugs they have to deal with. There is always room for improvements.

Fig took idea of investment a step forward and they have "investment growdfunding" model.
https://www.fig.co/invest

Supporting crowdfunding project is a risky but so far I have been more than satisfied to games I have helped to make possible. The amount of money I support with is usually relatively small so I don't feel much pressure to lose the money. I'm much more willing to take risks than just waiting for a miracle that some developer/publisher make a game I'm interested in.

Star Citizen is very ambitious and complex project but I still believe they are able to finish the project. In the other words there has been no signs in release alpha versions and shown demos why I shouldn't believe in CIG. Seeing one Idris flying is much more impressive to me than for example fifteen Thargoid capital ships flying in Elite Dangerous.
As a software developer I have used to buggy, broken, placeholders, etc. demos and development code - to me it is way too early to get worried about issues. I need to wait that core techs and game mechanisms has been integrated and bug fixing and polishing has been started. If things stays still very problematic then I'm getting worried about the future of the project.

Here's the latest AtV with Burndown schedule:

As usual after a presentation AtV's are mostly explaining more detailed what we saw and how it was done. I expect Faceware/FOIP and 600i going to have their own episodes later - pretty interesting but still a bit "filler episodes" to me.

I'm now looking beyond Alpha 3.0 to see an implementation of mining in Alpha 3.1. Most of the other space games has very tedious and simplified implementation; Elite Dangerous, X series (fortunately you can hire NPCs to do tedious tasks), etc. I really hope Star Citizen will have something at least a little more complex and versatile to keep mining interesting . If not then mining is not going to be a gameplay what I'm going to do in Star Citizen.

The latest episode describes a bit of upcoming missions system. Very important topic and it's great to hear what kind of plans they have for Alpha 3.0 and later improved versions. It is very interesting to see how well their system scales and how much it is able to create meaningful content to Alpha 3.0 which is still relatively tiny area. A typical "FedEx-mission" can turn out of a story of its own.

48 minutes ago, Doctor said:

BUMP! Buy Star Citizen!

Obviously that's not the actual quote, but every post you do here may as well be that. Please stop it.

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

Obviously that's not the actual quote, but every post you do here may as well be that. Please stop it.

I don't understand why is it wrong to talk about Star Citizen here. I would like to discuss about games I'm personally interested in and even games that I'm not interested in but able to follow the development; software (game) development is interesting.

Traffic controller is naturally an important feature and it is especially interesting if it will be NPC (AI) driven - no NPC or a player doing traffic controlling, no possibility to land. All features that helps to make the game world feel more living are important to me.

Star Citizen is not the only game I would like to see discussion here. As soon as Egosoft starts to share more information about X4 I would love to see people post all possible information they are gets.

8 minutes ago, Doctor said:

I don't understand why is it wrong to talk about Star Citizen here. I would like to discuss about games I'm personally interested in and even games that I'm not interested in but able to follow the development; software (game) development is interesting.

Traffic controller is naturally an important feature and it is especially interesting if it will be NPC (AI) driven - no NPC or a player doing traffic controlling, no possibility to land. All features that helps to make the game world feel more living are important to me.

Star Citizen is not the only game I would like to see discussion here. As soon as Egosoft starts to share more information about X4 I would love to see people post all possible information they are gets.

The point is that all of what your doing really amounts to is bumping a topic that would have died ages ago and is of little to no worth anymore.

Just now, Shagger said:

The point is that all of what your doing really amounts is bumping a topic that would have died ages ago and is of little to no worth anymore.

Well, this is all Alpha 3.0 related and I think it is better to keep shared information in one thread that start to create always a new one. Sure, it would be great if AJSA would have more people who would be interested in Star Citizen or its development and sharing their opinions. I still don't think threads should be killed as long as there are new information to share.

10 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Well, this is all Alpha 3.0 related and I think it is better to keep shared information in one thread that start to create always a new one. Sure, it would be great if AJSA would have more people who would be interested in Star Citizen or its development and sharing their opinions. I still don't think threads should be killed as long as there are new information to share.

Maybe you can have a word with @Legolas_Katarn and create a pinned thread to update or something?

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Maybe you can have a word with @Legolas_Katarn and create a pinned thread to update or something?

Done, thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: The thread can continue as it is now. This is a good place to discuss about development of Alpha 3.0 version and once it has been released we can continue in other threads.

Shagger likes this

22 hours ago, Doctor said:

Teaser: Around the Verse:Air Traffic Controller and Burndown

Surprising and pretty interesting topic. It is great to see they put effort to make landing zones and locations more living and give them more character. Render-to-texture could work pretty nicely here especially if a player is able to see traffic controller at work.

Alright, the full episode is now online. The traffic controller seems to works just I hoped for.

18 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Alright, the full episode is now online. The traffic controller seems to works just I hoped for.

Sorry....... can't resist!

46 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Sorry....... can't resist!

Hah :), it could be a boring job as a in-game profession although it would be interesting if players would be do that as well if needed. Traffic jams is part of the game and it will be interesting to see how people reacts.

Anyway, it is good to see that there has to be some one doing the job and doesn't happen "magically" which gives more depth to game world. It is also very good that landing locations has different character so it is not "seen one, seen them all".

Edited by Doctor

Brian Champers: "Currently sitting at 5 bugs. #StarCitizen #Evocati"

Evocati: "The Evocati are a small group of testers we’ve picked from Issue Council reporters and PTU participants who get a very early build of a release version. These builds the Evocati get are deemed “not quite ready for normal PTU” either due to bugs or due to features that might be removed depending on how the testing goes."

It is great there are always gamers who are ready to help developers. As much I would like to give Alpha 3.0 a try already I just wouldn't have time to do good enough testing to help CIG.