• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

planetside 2
Looking to play with a Angry Army group in Planetside 2.

62 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gregheff0511 said:

We need to plan a time when it would be best to play Planetside 2...

I agree. I'm usually free on weekends, what about Friday? Does anybody have any plans Friday the 23rd at 6:30 PM PDT?

5 minutes ago, Raxyn said:

I agree. I'm usually free on weekends, what about Friday? Does anybody have any plans Friday the 23rd at 6:30 PM PDT?

I'm down for Friday yeah. And better yet we both got the same time zone.

19 hours ago, Gregheff0511 said:

...we both got the same time zone.

Perfect! That helps us out a bunch! I'll be home at 6. 6:30 itself and will be practicing the game some more before we both get into it.

What alliance should be used? I'm a fan of the Vanu personally but if we want to go for another group we can. I know the NC were the choice group of the original folks but that doesn't mean we need to follow norms ya know?

Edited by Raxyn
used wrong work

5 minutes ago, Raxyn said:

Perfect! That helps us out a bunch! I'll be alone at 6. 6:30 itself and will be practicing the game some more before we both get into it.

What alliance should be used? I'm a fan of the Vanu personally but if we want to go for another group we can. I know the NC were the choice group of the original folks but that doesn't mean we need to follow norms ya know?

Well to be honest I play the blue team. Plus that also might be an issue too if we're gonna try and reset this, people who spent a lot of money on their weapons and armor in one faction that might not be what they're part of might take some to to get anyone in, we'd have to maybe ask which faction is the biggest when it comes to the PS4 players. Either way that's really all I'm gonna see as a issue when starting something like this, we don't know who prefers what faction.

If we really want to ask, we can make another subforum asking folks in the PS4 community. I have money invested in Vanu but I figured that that would be my own personal account and the one I would need to make could be one I can level up with others ya know? Anyway, we could just stick to what has been tried-and-true for the AJSA before and stick to the same group that way folks don't have to change much. Oooooor, and this would be the hard version that would be really a lot more work then needed but there ya go, we could have each of us do a group we prefer and have the AJSA split amongst those groups.

Not saying that that SHOULD be an option, but just saying it would technically be on the list lol

15 hours ago, Gregheff0511 said:

Well to be honest I play the blue team. Plus that also might be an issue too if we're gonna try and reset this, people who spent a lot of money on their weapons and armor in one faction that might not be what they're part of might take some to to get anyone in, we'd have to maybe ask which faction is the biggest when it comes to the PS4 players. Either way that's really all I'm gonna see as a issue when starting something like this, we don't know who prefers what faction.

I'm not too worried about myself since I made all 3 heavies under different factions, but that's a really good idea.

1 hour ago, RogueKnightKisuke93 said:

I'm not too worried about myself...

Would this Friday at 6:30 sound like a good time to meet up online and play some Planetside? And what faction would we all like to do, I'm fine with any so if you guys want to play Not-Vanu (lol) I'll be more than happy to make another thing up for that.

Sounds good to me. I'm down with TR or NC.

19 hours ago, Gregheff0511 said:

Well, to be honest, I play the blue team.....

So then, that's two votes for the NC, and since I don't care wich way it go's sounds like we are all going to be playing the NC this Friday at 6:30 PST!

To be honest I've always noticed that the NC have been losing on both fronts, been seeing that the Purple team is supreme, and to be honest, I'm not sure I'd want to be on a winning team, I like more of a challenge. NC for me remains, cause I still kill a lot of enemies with my weapons. Both Reds and Purples.

Huzzah! The best part of being an NC heavy is the EM6 with a large magazine and Extra Thicc bullets.

You guys will have to tell me how buying guns in the game work. I get they are not supposed to have much of a difference but I feel like I really should upgrade ya know?

The entire game is pay to win, the guns you start out with suck, you'd have to spend real money to get these credits, basically microtransaction to get stronger weapons and better armor.

I see, so than the guns and armor and such actually do make a difference? Originally I know that was the case in the first game but the second one we were all told that you had to pay money for guns but they honestly didn't make much of a difference here and there.

That's how this game is, it's free to play but you suck at first, but then you gotta pay real money to be a bad ass.

Huh, well then I feel pretty good for how well I was doing for the longest time without paying anything into it until now! XD

I didn't pay a dime at all, and I'm still good in the battlefield. It does suck that some of the good stuff costs 1,000 certs ( you can get 100 certs per level up, but they stop around lv 12 or 13). I wouldn't say there is an op weapon or skills, but the right stuff comes to you depending on your style and preferred engagement range. It's a lot more wise just to look at other forms (Planetside 2 forums and Reddit are the major ones) and see which weapons are highly recommended. If there's more than one favorite weapon, try them out at the VR training and pick the one that wins your heart. What really breaks the game a bit are the special combat abilities, but they're pretty pricy and you can use them for a limited amount of time.

13 hours ago, Gregheff0511 said:

the guns you start out with suck

I'm afraid the VS HA vets would disagree on this one. Especially how they prefer the Orion as a "perfect" close - mid ranged lmg.

Well, either way, I know what I'm getting with my next paycheck! And no, not for the sake of "pay-to-win", I hate when people do that. I just want to get different stuff and have some new gear for once!!

I hear ya. I wish players are given the option acquire the helmets through certs (kind of bums me out a bit).

Yeah, same here...but still I'm happy with my Vanu look right now...took a whole new helmet and armor set and then got some tinting so I can look like a Cyber Knight...I'm a nerd so sue me XD

RogueKnightKisuke93 likes this

I'm just saying what I remember from experience, I used to play this game on PC.

1 hour ago, Gregheff0511 said:

I'm just saying what I remember from experience, I used to play this game on PC.

Well my info was from launch when the game came out so meh. Either way,  I'm supper excited for this Friday.

It's like my old moto from God Eater: if your going to slay your enemies, slay them with style.

I agree completely lol it I'm gonna run around and fight a bunch of folks, I might as well look like a knight from Dark Souls while sounding like the Terminator XD