• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

This Week In Gaming 6-20-17

1 post in this topic

S9BDiel.png

More E3 news, interviews, previews, and the event itself. Writing On Games on what makes a good conference, Folding Ideas on why video platforms aren't your friends and getting the audience you build, Sega considering bringing more games to the PC, Take Two declares GTA 5 modding tool to be illegal and shuts down cheating tool while forcing creators to donate to charity, story of Xenogear's disk 2, why Riot hired a Falconer, what Beyond Good and Evil 2's creators dream it can be, Ashly Burch and Phil LaMarr on SAG-AFTRA strike and effected games, Io-Interactive independent and with ownership of Hitman, perversion subversion in Yakuza 0 and Persona 5, Mark Brown on the level design of Tropical Freeze, Atari making a PC based console, and more.

Gaming News (Announcements, previews, release dates, interviews and writing on upcoming games, DLC, updates, company and developer news, new tech, mods)

What Makes a Good E3 Press Conference?

So E3 is upon us and for the first time Writing on Games is at the show to report on it! In the first of two videos I'll be producing about the show, I want to examine one of the hallmarks of the expo - the press conferences - and discuss the idea that it's not just games that make a press conference worth watching. In many ways, the moments that make us cringe are also the ones that compel us to keep watching.

Spider-Man’s E3 panel halted by fire in theater

Insomniac Games and Marvel Entertainment were scheduled to host one of the most anticipated sessions of the first day of the E3 Coliseum: a panel about Insomniac’s PlayStation 4-exclusive game Spider-Man. But they had to suspend their chat a few minutes in, when a minor emergency arose in the theater.

E3 games feature more multi-gender options than ever before

"At first you take some criticism and you go, 'Wait a minute,' and then you go look and it's like, 'Wow, every woman in Dishonored 1 is either a servant, a prostitute, a witch, a queen or a little girl,'" Smith said. "Or a mistress. We had a mistress. That was not our intention.

E3 2017: Frustration and Fatigue Both Before and At the Show

I arrive at the convention center, having taken a cab directly after my flight. It’s lonely, but satisfyingly quiet in the lobby. I’ve never seen it this dark before. Having missed the window to pick up my wristband for the Bethesda event later in the evening, I trek up to the media registration office, 70 lbs of luggage in tow. The ground is covered with an odd sheet of plastic, probably to help wheel in the many pieces of equipment needed on the show floor. Lucky for me, it works for suitcases too.

E3 Cringe and Awkward Moments 2017

Since 2013 I've made a compilation every E3 with as many awkward and cringey moments as I could find. So here's this years installment! Hit the like button if you enjoy!

My First E3: Exploring the Show Floor

The bright lights, ground-shaking sound and bags of swag are a bit too much for our boy Rory.

At E3 2017, Black Characters' Hair Looks Better Than Ever

Games tend to have trouble depicting black hair, but this year’s E3 displayed refreshing palette of kinky, coily, textured hair. Here’s a breakdown.

This E3 Was All About Men Crying Onstage, And That Is Wonderful

It isn't surprising to me that Davide Soliani was crying when the camera cut to him during Ubisoft's E3 press conference. After all, Shigeru Miyamoto, the godfather of a massive number of Nintendo properties and one of the most influential and important game developers of all time, was talking about him. It was a moment that would lay any of us low: A living legend was talking about what a great job that Soliani did, and in response, his eyes welled up with tears. He stood up, waved awkwardly, and tried not to completely break down in front of the theater of people.

It was a touching moment. The people I was chatting with during the press event were all touched by it, and that was because it spoke to something deeper about this entire thing.

A woman at E3 + a dead phone + Reddit = absolute chaos

It's E3 week, which is usually supposed to mean a cavalcade of video game announcements and fan disappointment. It usually doesn't mean a coordinated online manhunt, involving the local authorities, for a woman whose cellphone died.

E3 Was Different This Year, And It Wasn’t Just The Crowds

It’s the first day of E3. I’m walking the show floor—or more accurately, oozing across it, slug-like, followed by a trail of my own sweat. I’m shoulder-to-shoulder with swathes of people. Across the way, crowds of people whoop and holler, each of them hoping to win swag they can stuff in their floor-length swag bags. 15,000 new people are in attendance this year.

E3’s security efforts spark online debate and conversation

E3 2017 included 15,000 fans who purchased tickets, and the resulting crush of people changed the character of the show, for better or worse. One of the more concerning aspects of the new show, to some, was the lack of security.

“For every single day of the event, which was secured by private security contractors, I’ve tried to walk into the building from the street outside to the showfloor without wearing my badge,” developer Rami Ismail stated in a blog post. “I succeeded every single time, over the period of three days, and every time I was carrying a backpack that was never checked for its contents. It would be trivial for someone to bring any sort of weapon to the event, and security would not be able to react fast enough in the hall to prevent anything from happening.”

E3 is Not Ready for a Disaster

Throughout all of E3 2017, I found myself qualifying every observation and interaction with an admission that this was only my first time attending. There’s no way it was as rough as I imagined. It couldn’t have been that poorly managed.

What the public thought of E3 2017

We talk to eight of the 15,000 public E3 attendees to get their opinion on whether or not the show was worth it.

E3 Is Too Crowded Now (And That Sucks)

If you follow any videogame journalists on social media, you’re probably aware that E3 2017 is an overpacked shitfest. The lines, which have always been long, have taken on a new, final boss form that makes the years past look tranquil by comparison. This year, the ESA decided to open up admission to the public—a not entirely new move, given the limited, and expensive, tickets available to fans in the past. But whereas once the scarcity and cost created a reasonable barrier to entry, now the floodgates have opened. In fact the Electronic Software Association claims to have sold 15,000 general admission tickets while scaling back admittance for media and press. While it may be “good” for the show’s future in terms of finances, the question remains: is this really good for the health of the show?

The Ten Best Games at E3 2017

E3, the annual trade show for the videogame industry, features dozens upon dozens of games every year, and there’s only so much time for journalists to play them. (Assuming they’re even playable—many games are only shown as unplayable trailers and hands-off demos.) This year, Paste intern Aiden Strawhun and I took our best stab at playing as many E3 games as possible, packing in as much as we could and sorting out the best of the best afterwards. This year’s list is a mixture of everything, from shooters to narrative-driven virtual experiences, and everything in between. Here are our favorite games from the show, in alphabetical order. (And if you’re wondering about Super Mario Odyssey, although we loved what we played, we feel like we just didn’t have enough time with it for it to make this list.)

Devolver loses $100K on banned E3 festival

Company chief accuses ESA of meddling, which it denies

Steam Summer Sale dates confirmed by PayPal, the fun starts this week

The Steam Summer Sale dates have been confirmed, and once again we have PayPal to thank. The online payment company revealed on Twitter today that the big sale will begin at 6 pm BST/1 pm ET on June 22.

The New God of War Might Finally Make Kratos Interesting

8H8JYcA.png

Sony may have shown more of the new God Of War at their press conference Monday, but there’s still a lot they haven’t explained about the game. A few things are clear: Kratos is a dad, and the focus had shifted from Greek mythology to Norse myth. I sat down with the game’s director Cory Barlog today at E3 to to get a better sense of what’s in store for our angry Spartan.

'God of War' Creative Director Cory Barlog on Nihilism and Fatherhood

'God of War' looks to show another side of the brutal Kratos. We asked Cory Barlog how that might play out.

"It Has to Be Personal" Says 'God of War' Creative Director Cory Barlog

How fatherhood, 'Dark Souls' creator Miyazaki and 'Mad Max' director George Miller inspired a sequel that's been five years in the making

Sony Boss Shuhei Yoshida Clarifies Shadow of the Colossus On PS4 Is A Remake Not A Remaster

89vJphu.png

Sony Interactive Entertainment revealed Shadow of the Colossus for PlayStation 4 during their E3 2017 press conference earlier this week, but there’s been some confusion about whether it’s a remake or remaster. Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida shared a clarification in an interview with Famitsu.

What Beyond Good & Evil 2 Is Now, And What Its Creators Dream It Can Be

SoeYeAi.gif

“This is day zero of Beyond Good & Evil 2,” Michel Ancel told me on Monday. As he spoke, he was playing an early version of a game people have been expecting for nearly a decade, but that he says has only actually been in development for a few years.

Building a Human Universe: The Ambitious Vision of Beyond Good & Evil 2

I wouldn’t have been surprised if the demo I saw for Beyond Good & Evil 2 had reminded me of the open-world adventure of Breath of the Wild, or of The Witcher 3’s efforts to tell human stories in a vast landscape, or of how The Last Guardian’s mechanics emphasize cooperation between characters. I certainly didn’t expect the game I walked away thinking of most to be No Man’s Sky. But here we are.

Sorry Hideo Kojima, but I quite enjoyed playing Metal Gear Survive

YmzMCC8.png

The base defence shooter has, however, been delayed into 2018 for a little extra polish.

Metal Gear Survive gets the combat basics right but won't satisfy fans of the core franchise

Where to take MGS once Kojima was gone? Konami have decided the answer is zombies, wave defense and co-op in an extremely odd timeline. We’ve played it, and this is what it’s like.

Why Metal Gear Survive Was Surprisingly Fun At E3 2017

In this excerpt from The Game Informer Show, Joe Juba talks about his time playing Konami's Metal Gear Survive and why he enjoyed his short time with the bizarre game.

Hands-on with Metal Gear Survive was a bummer

Like a phantom pain, something important is missing

Wolfenstein 2 | Hands-On | E3 2017

Subscribe to Engadget on YouTube: http://engt.co/subscribe

Wolfenstein 2 alternate '60s timeline is 'absolutely fearless from a story perspective'

"We feel that this is the best story we have ever made."

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus starts off with BJ Blazkowicz in a bad way

Horribly wounded, wheelchair-bound and under attack

B.J. having a head transplant? “Preposterous” teases Wolfenstein 2 creative director

Wolfenstein: it was weird. Wolfenstein 2: it’s probably going to be weirder. So goes the theory, lovingly crafted by Polygon, that B.J. Blazkowicz (fearless enemy of nazis everywhere, protagonist and all-around good looking lad) has gone through a full body transplant at some point between games. Talking to creative director Jens Matthies, we got a reply.

Hands on with Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord's thrilling large-scale combat

e0DNGNx.png

Subtle changes and a serious step up in quality promises to make Mount & Blade's combat even better.

An interview with Harvey Smith | E3 2017

- Dishonored and Dishonored 2
- Making a sequel of a popular game
- Thoughts around the representation changes his team made in the sequel (making emily playable, having more women in the world)

In Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, Billie’s arm is made of the Void and her powers aren’t like those we’ve seen before

We had questions about how Death of the Outsider fits in with the Dishonored canon chronologically, and now we have answers. Speaking to IGN, Arkane boss Harvey Smith hinted that Billie’s powers relate to the events of Dishonored 2, which left her “in one state and in another at the same time, which causes kind of a distortion around her”. This concept was first hinted at in the Dishonored comics.

Ashly Burch 'Heartbroken' She Won't Play Chloe In Life Is Strange Prequel

cukkz5R.png

As the longest strike in Screen Actors Guild history chugs on, video game voice actors are making painful career sacrifices to show solidarity with their union. 234 days into the strike, after Microsoft announced Life Is Strange: Before The Storm, fans immediately sussed out that award-winning voice actress and SAG-AFTRA member Ashly Burch will not reprise her original role as the rebellious teen Chloe.

Nearly 20 Minutes of The Life Is Strange Prequel In Action

The first gameplay footage from Life Is Strange: Before The Storm tries hard to recapture the drama from the original game.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm dev on Ashly Burch's absence, season pass kerfuffle and more

"We contemplated lots of different ways to react, including abandoning the project."

Troy Baker talks Middle-earth: Shadow of War | E3 2017

Subscribe to Engadget on YouTube: http://engt.co/subscribe

E3 Coliseum - Middle-earth: Shadow of War - A Behind the Scenes Look

Troy Baker, the voice of Talion himself and Michael de Plater from Monolith Productions give an inside look to their new LoTR game.

Hunt: Showdown Gameplay Demo - E3 2017

Check out the gameplay footage shown during the E3 2017 demos for Crytek's Hunt: Showdown, a PvPvPvE monster hunter set in the bayous of Louisiana at the end of the 19th century.

Hunt: Showdown is just incredible

Crytek's multiplayer survival game is reimagined with a gripping new vision.

State Of Decay 2 is Even More Unforgiving Than the First Game | E3 2017 GameSpot Show

We got a chance to talk to Undead Labs' Jeff Strain on our E3 2017 stage about State of Decay 2's world, survivors, and unforgiving difficulty.

One of Sony's Best E3 Games Wasn't In Their Own Press Conference

One of the best games I played at E3 wasn't part of a flashy press conference with pyrotechnics and orchestrated music, nor was it given huge banners and dozens of kiosks on the event's show floor. Hidden Agenda, one of several upcoming games from Until Dawn developer Supermassive Games, was squirreled away in a booth run by Sony Europe, where makeshift living rooms gave players a chance to engage in a game of murder and deception.

The New Yoshi Switch Game Looks So Good

The handcrafted look for the upcoming Yoshi game on the Switch is freaking adorable.

Insurgency: Sandstorm release date, beta, story, multiplayer - everything we know

The more surprising and unexpected reveal from New World Interactive is that Insurgency: Sandstorm will feature a single-player campaign in which players assume the role of a female insurgency fighter on a road-trip through the Middle East, avoiding US and militant forces alike.

Ace Combat 7 Gameplay - 12 Minutes Of Aerial Action! | E3 2017

The Ace Combat series has never looked or played better than this, and you can get your first look right here.

The Crew 2: E3 2017 Boats, Planes, and Cars Across the US | Ubisoft [US]

Join UbiBlog's Chris Watters and producer Stephane Jankowski and see how you can explore any city and national landmark in the United States in gameplay footage from The Crew 2 demo!

Ni No Kuni 2 will adopt 'more adult perspective' but won't scrimp on humour

fQ8c1BT.jpg

Now, series creator and Level 5 co-founder Akihiro Hino has spoken of his sequel's shift in tone and perspective, but also suggests humour will typically underscore the game's narrative much similar to its forerunner.

Why 'Project Cars 2' Might Be VR's Best Evangelist

urDITFD.png

Nausea is a big problem when designing a driving game for VR. UK developer Slightly Mad Studios has got that – and much more – right with its sequel.

Spy on Eldritch cults in a new trailer for Call of Cthulhu

Eldritch horrors and evil doctors are awaiting you in Call of Cthulhu, which released its newest trailer at E3 this year. Keeping in line with the themes of Lovecraftian horror, there’s no images of Cthulhu itself, just some rather gross imagery from the bottom of the sea.

Monster Hunter: World has camouflage 'suit items' and drop-in multiplayer

"You can shoot up an SOS flare and get your buddies to join in halfway through the quest."

Monster Hunter World's Real Star Is Nature Itself

The only thing more satisfying than a successful Monster Hunter hunt is wearing the armor you made out of the beast you took down. I watched as Monster Hunter World director Yuya Tokuda hunted down a giant beast during a demonstration at E3, and while the weapons and monsters were great, the game’s world was the most impressive part.

The Last Night was one of E3's most dazzling games — and also its most frustrating

5T8iphF.png

Odd Tales expresses a confusingly bellicose conviction that it’s turning the science fiction world on its head, without offering much justification for why. The Last Night began as an entry in the 2014 Cyberpunk Game Jam, but Odd Tales later rejected the label in an online manifesto, declaring that “the cyberpunk vision established by Blade Runner and William Gibson is just too normal” and deriding every cyberpunk-adjacent game of the past decade as “trope comfort food.”

Every time Odd Tales tries to explain why The Last Night isn’t cyberpunk, though, it ends up describing something that could come straight out of Blade Runner — when I asked Soret whether The Last Night took the genre’s aesthetic in a new direction, he mentioned drawing influence from a trip to Hong Kong.

Call of Duty WWII Gameplay Makes Old Warfare Feel New | E3 2017 GameSpot Show

With brand new gameplay, Call of Duty WW2 developer Sledgehammer Games showed off the first-person shooter when Michael Condrey stopped by our GameSpot E3 2017 stage.

Call of Duty: WW2 Gameplay Walkthrough - IGN Live: E3 2017

New multiplayer gameplay for Call of Duty: World War 2 showcased.

Hands-on: Call of Duty: WWII's new War mode is its most radical multiplayer change in a decade

Call of Duty: WWII returns to its roots to shake up a stale series.

E3 2017: CALL OF DUTY: WW2'S SINGLE-PLAYER SEEMS BIG ON THRILLS, BUT LACKS SOUL

Call of Duty: WW2 offers the same thrill ride as past games, but doesn't feel quite as authentic as it wants to.

Ten Minutes Of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Some footage of Koji Igarashi's latest Metroidvania, captured and played by staff writer Heather Alexandra at E3 2017.

Pillars Of Eternity 2 Gameplay - Sailing And Dungeon Crawling | E3 2017

This full quest from Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire takes us over the high seas, into town, and through a dark dungeon.

“Cannibals, Slaves, And Dead Children” – Catching Up With Pillars Of Eternity II At E3

I was able to sit down with a few members of the Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire team at E3 this year, to check in with how the game is doing now that the Fig fundraising campaign is over. Fans of Pillars and of Obsidian Entertainment will be excited to know that the game will be in it’s alpha stage in the next two months or so, which means production is steadily moving onward. My meeting with game director Josh Sawyer and lead programmer Adam Brennecke did give some hints as to future updates we’ll get on the game.

E3 Coliseum - Far Cry 5: A Trip to Hope Country

Dan Hay, Drew Holmes & Jean Sebastian from Ubisoft talk about developing next year's fifth installment in the Far Cry series.

Far Cry 5 Leaves You Stranded with No Towers and No Minimap | E3 2017 GameSpot Show

Far Cry 5's creative director Dan Hay stops by our E3 2017 stage to talk about how his team is taking the series to new frontiers in both setting and gameplay.

Steve Gaynor of Fullbright talks Gone Home & Tacoma at E3 2017

Danika sits down with Steve Gaynor of Fullbright—the studio behind Gone Home and the upcoming Tacoma—to talk about E3, space games, and the legacy of immersive sims.

Customize Alex Hunter In Your FIFA 18 Story | E3 2017

FIFA 18 continues the story of Alex Hunter as he returns for a second season. Game producer's Aaron McHardy and Matt Prior visited our E3 stage to discuss new story mode customizations and additional celebrity appearances.

Destiny 2's Luke Smith on PC features, PvP, new subclasses, and more

ngySGoe.jpg

We asked game director Luke Smith all our burning questions about the PC version and what's changed since Destiny.

Destiny 2 still won’t explain the Darkness

‘We had no idea what it was’

Total War: Warhammer 2’s Dark Elves use slaves as currency

Dark Elves: they’re not very nice. Whether interpreted as teleporting anti-Asgardians or egotistical hedonists, you just do not want to meet one down a dark alley. Total War: Warhammer II’s are no exception, and to prove a point, they won’t be using gold or other trinkets as their primary currency - for them, it’s all about the warm bodies.

Battle of the fallen Gates Total War Warhammer 2 Gameplay

A look at my play through of the Battle of the Fallen Gates. CA's E3 demo of Total War Warhammer 2. To skip to a certain section see below.
Cinematic Cut 1:38
1st playthrough: 13:57
2nd playthrough: 30:05

Unit Stat Comparison Lizardmen & High Elves

A look at the stats of the units in the battle of the fallen gates Total War Warhammer 2 demo and how they stack up against units from the first game

Total War: Warhammer mods are 'theoretically' transferable to the sequel with a little work

"Ideally it should be relatively straightforward."

Nidhogg 2 looks reassuringly crazy in new footage

See nearly 20 minutes of the upcoming duelling sequel.

Yakuza 6 Gameplay Showcase - IGN Live: E3 2017

The Yakuza are back and we're running amok in this new gameplay from E3 2017.

Watch the Strange Brigade murder some mummies

A new video for Rebellion’s co-op shooter, Strange Brigade, has been summoned into existence and shows off quite a bit more than the last one, along with some commentary from the developers.

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen's New Campaign, Classes, and Mods - The Lobby at E3 2017

On our E3 2017 Co-Op stage, Firaxis's Jake Solomon stopped by during The Lobby to talk to us about the new XCOM 2 expansion, War of the Chosen.

E3 2017: EXTENSIVE DETAILS ON XCOM 2: WAR OF THE CHOSEN

A massive info dump from Creative Director Jake Solomon.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Fighting Rabbid Kong - E3 2017

Nintendo Treehouse showed off a portion of the first boss fight in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle!

Skull and Bones Developer Interview - IGN Live: E3 2017

The Ubisoft team joins us to showcase Skull and Bones detailing the gameplay trailer we saw at E3 2017.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Devs Discuss the Story & Gameplay - E3 2017

Naughty Dog developers stop by Sony's E3 stage to talk about uncharted: lost Legacy and show off action packed gameplay.

Why Naughty Dog Chose Chloe For Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | E3 2017 GameSpot Show

Uncharted developer Naughty Dog stopped by our E3 2017 stage show to talk to us about the upcoming Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, which continues the story of Chloe Frazer.

7 Minutes of Extinction Gameplay - E3 2017

The developers of Killer Instinct stop by Sony's E3 booth to show off their new game Extinction.

Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch Gameplay Walkthrough - IGN Live: E3 2017

Nintendo takes us through new gameplay of Splatoon 2.

Pillars of Eternity 2 Gameplay Walkthrough - IGN Live: E3 2017

The new Pillars of Eternity 2 is here! Join us as the team shows off new gameplay.

Everybody's Golf - 12 Minutes of Tournament Gameplay - IGN First - E3 2017

We played a full 3-hole tournament against Sony's Studio Japan in Everybody's Golf on PS4.

How RPGs Influenced NBA Live 18's The One | E3 2017 GameSpot Show

NBA LIVE 18's all-new career mode, The One, takes significant inspiration from the RPG genre. We spoke on our E3 stage with Mike Mahardy, one of the game's producers, about what it takes to succeed in The League and The Streets.

E3 2017: Eight Cool Games You Might Have Missed

Have a look at a small handful of worthwhile games that you might not have noticed amid all the noise at E3.

Reaching for Petals is a narrative exploration game that echoes Dear Esther and Firewatch

Reaching for Petals is a narrative-led exploration game that aims to combine "philosophical narration, poetic writing and a powerful and engaging story." In doing so, it looks to echo some well received genre similars such as Dear Esther, What Remains of Edith Finch and Firewatch.

12 Minutes of Dragonball Fighter Z Gameplay - E3 2017

Check out gameplay from this brand new fighter set in the Dragonball universe.

Double Fine Mega Show With Tim Schafer | E3 2017 GameSpot Show

Double Fine dropped by to play and show off some of their games! From survival mode in Gang Beasts to a sneak preview of Psychonauts 2, ol' Tim has your back!

They show Ooblets, Knights and Bikes, Gang Beasts, etc.

8 Minutes of The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti Gameplay - E3 2017

"Discover Who You Aren't" in this short gameplay clip of a brand new action-adventure exploration game.

Battlefront 2: High Level Darth Maul, Rey, And Han Solo Gameplay - E3 2017

Lightsabers, blasters, new vehicles and class perks are everywhere in this pro gameplay provided to us by Darkness429 using various heroes in the game.

Angry Impressions - Star Wars Battlefront II @E3 2017

AngryJoe plays the new Star Wars Battlefront II at the EA Plays event just before E3 2017! Here are my impressions, thoughts and some follow-up questions I asked!

Disclosure: Thanks to EA for inviting me to this event and covering my flight\hotel\expenses during the single night I was there (Sunday)!

'Battlefront 2' Star Janina Gavankar on E3 and Taking Down Rebel Scum

The 'True Blood' alum talks about her all-time favorite games and bringing Commander Iden Versio to life

12 Minutes of Agents of Mayhem Gameplay 1080p 60fps - E3 2017

Get a feel of what the moment-to-moment gameplay will be like in this brand new footage from Agents of Mayhem.

Sundered teases gigantic Souls-like boss ahead of July release

Sundered is a game which has steadily impressed me since Andy first reported on it last year. In case this is the first you're hearing of it, it's a two-dimensional eldritch horror-style Metroidvania from Jotun devs Thunder Lotus Games.

Top Spin maker rallies on with Tennis World Tour

A6zVj8x.png

Pierre André still carries around the feeling from six years ago. I asked him about it last week and he responded like it had all happened the day before. "Oh, it felt like crap," the video game developer said, spitting out the words.

Crackdown 3 Impressions: So Much Chaos, So Many Orbs

zm1owot.jpg

Crackdown 3 tosses players into a world of delightful chaos, superhero strength, and guns that shoot black holes. I got some hands on time with a ten minute demo of the game and it’s pretty fun. If you’re looking for cool explosions, Crackdown 3 has you covered.

Crackdown 3 can be completed in under three hours

Yes, Crackdown 3 can be completed in under three hours - not that it should be, you understand. Crackdown 3 is a massive, virtual playground of explosions, explosions, and yes, more explosions. There are collectibles, there are bad guys, and there's the kingpin at the top. Developers Sumo Digital say that a typical playthrough will be in the 12-16 hour range, but it can be bested in around two-and-a-half hours.

E3 2017: Here's How Xbox One X Improves Crackdown 3

"Crackdown 3 will play better on Xbox One X and feature increased level of detail at greater distances with crisper, higher texture fidelity in immersive, true 4K, HDR, wide color gamut, and spatial audio, Dolby Atmos," Connelly explained.

Clearing up confusion surrounding Crackdown 3 destruction

It turns out Microsoft decided to focus on Crackdown 3's campaign at E3, and the dedicated server-powered destruction is limited to multiplayer. There is basic destruction in the campaign, but not the kind that raised eyebrows back in 2015.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 lead writer Drew Karpyshyn is working on Anthem

Karpyshyn's credits at BioWare also include KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Wargroove has 12 campaigns and an editor to add more

Chucklefish has published a special dev blog on its Campaign Editor with additional details.

After months of silence, Mighty No. 9 dev reemerges to confirm that Vita and 3DS versions are still coming

AXGv1OV.jpg

Mighty No. 9’s portable versions haven’t been cancelled, despite over year passing since we last heard anything about them.

Matterfall: 11 Minutes of New Gameplay - IGN Live: E3 2017

New gameplay of Matterfall, the physics heavy shooter coming to the PS4.

Metro Exodus: Developer Walkthrough - IGN Live: E3 2017

The minds behind the exciting new open-world Metro title takes us through their E3 build to point out a few details you may have missed.

Metro Exodus will draw from the Stalker series' open world design

A combination of the "classic Metro gameplay" and what "4A Games has done in the past with the Stalker games."

Detroit: Become Human Dev Talks About Gameplay - E3 2017

David Cage takes to Sony's E3 stage to show of a mission from Detroit: Become Human.

Detroit: Become Human – what happens if the androids hate us?

Quantic Dreams’ new narrative video game imagines the consequences of relying on robots in a thrilling study of control, subservience and humanity

Despite Political Overtones, David Cage Says Detroit Is Mostly About Androids

“I don’t want the game to have something to say, because I don’t see myself delivering a message to people,” he said. “But I’m definitely interested in asking questions to the player. Questions that are meaningful and that resonate with him as a person and a citizen. We live in a world that’s full of hopes as well as fears. Fears about the present and also the future. Where are we going? What’s going to happen? I just want to ask these questions and see how people react.”

Detroit: Become Human Will Release In 2018

Detroit: Become Human is coming next year, David Cage confirms.

David Cage Wants to Know What You'd Do to Fight for Your Rights

We chat with the divisive director of 'Heavy Rain' and 'Beyond: Two Souls' about his goals for the android-filled 'Detroit: Become Human.'

Days Gone Changes Everything About Zombie Games | E3 2017 GameSpot Show with Kinda Funny

Kinda Funny members Greg Miller and Tim Gettys talk to the creative directors of Bend Studio about their upcoming zombie game Days Gone.

In Days Gone, You Need Your Bike To Survive | E3 2017 GameSpot Show

Days Gone developer Sony Bend showed up to our E3 2017 stage and talked to us about its zombie horde and how you'll use it to your advantage.

Cyberpunk adventure 2064: Read Only Memories is coming to Switch

Xbox One version due next month.

How Insomniac's Spider-Man Continues The Comic's Legacy | E3 2017 GameSpot Show

We chat with Spider-Man creative director Bryan Intihar about Insomniac's comic game, then bring up more GameSpot crew for a full chat.

The New Spider-Man Game Won't Let You Kill Anybody

This year’s Sony E3 conference closed on an impressive demo of Insomniac’s upcoming open-world Spider-Man game. I checked out an alternate playthrough and on the show floor, and while creative director Bryan Intihar was tight-lipped when it came to specifics, he did give me a handful of interesting tidbits.

Metroid: Samus Returns Feels Great To Play

wwGwFbv.png

Last week, Nintendo surprised everyone with the announcement of Metroid: Samus Returns, a remake of Metroid II. Here’s another surprise: It’s basically finished. And a fact that’s probably not so surprising: It looks and feels fantastic.

Edmund McMillen's The End is Nigh is reminiscent of Super Meat Boy

New gameplay trailer released; and a release date confirmed.

The Evil Within 2 - Story Trailer | E3 2017

The horrifying things Sebastian experienced in the first game left him scarred, but rather than run from the source of his nightmares, Sebastian chased after them. He spent three years seeking answers to the questions that plagued him and trying to find the organization who ruined his life. Who is Mobius? What do they want? What is the true purpose of STEM?

Hello Neighbor - 4K Trailer | E3 2017

The breakout hit independent game is coming to Xbox One, including Xbox One X in 4K, on August 29, 2017.

PES 2018 on PC will be the “highest standard”

Last year was a bad time to be a Pro Evo fan on PC. Instead of getting the same football game as our PS4 and Xbox One-playing pals, we got a port on par with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. It really dropped the ball. Konami are hoping to make up for that missed kick this year, however.

16 Minutes of PES 18 Gameplay Walkthrough - IGN Live E3 2017

We sat down with the team at EA to take a look at new PES 18 footage.

Madden NFL 18: Friday Night Light's Scott Porter on Story Mode - IGN Access

We talk to Friday Night Light's Scott Porter about how Madden's new story was created and his involvement.

Root Letter coming to PC via Steam in 2017

MB1k9T1.jpg

Root Letter is coming to PC via Steam in 2017, publisher Kadokawa Games announced.

Rogue Trooper Redux - Exclusive Gameplay & Commentary | Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC

COMING 2017 to Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and PC!

Watch brand new gameplay and world exclusive developer commentary on Rebellion's pioneering third person shooter, now remastered for a new generation.

9 Minutes of Sushi Striker Gameplay - E3 2017

Nintendo Treehouse showed off gameplay from the upcoming 3DS title, Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido!

Quake Champions Official BJ Blazkowicz Trailer - E3 2017

The Wolfenstein protagonist is coming to the game.

Ori (of the Blind Forest) cameos in fighting game Rivals of Aether

Ori, the fox-like guardian spirit who starred in the lovely 2D platformer about a Blind Forest, has been surprisingly active during E3. He was first seen bounding onstage for Microsoft’s conference, where Moon Studios announced Ori and the Will of the Wisps. And he’s cropped up again as a combatant in Rivals of Aether, the indie fighting game.

Blizzard are hiring a production director, probably for Diablo 4

HtHyGcY.jpg

In yet another of their candid job ads, Blizzard are hiring a production director “to bring the Diablo franchise into the future.”

Shadow of the Tomb Raider looking increasingly legit, following new leak

LEt1nUV.jpg

Logos and key art concepts have turned up online.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Reveals Zombie Mode and Discusses International Play at E3 2017

5h38dAs.jpg

The PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds brought in executive producer Changham "CH" Kim to further elaborate on the game's development. As can only be expected, they didn't quite expect the game to explode in popularity as it has.

Arms adds free DLC character ‘Max Brass’ in July

8w6VOSp.jpg

The first of Arms' free fighter additions.

Dying Light is getting 12 months of free DLC and a community collaboration platform

Techland have now officially previewed their DLC plans for the next year, with the trailer above for Content Drop #0 as they call it.

Conan Exiles to add 'frozen highlands' biome in free August update

Emigrate from the sun to the snow in two months' time.

HITMAN'S FIRST SECTION HAS BEEN MADE FREE

hV9vQ7R.jpg

If you haven't played Hitman yet, newly independent developer Io-Interactive has a treat for you, as it has made the first section of the game completely free.

Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court is now live on Steam, so let's watch a trailer

A pretty big game update went live today too.

Yakuza and Persona are 'on that list' of games Sega wants to bring to PC

UMH84a1.jpg

"Of course it's something we're talking about it… that would just be incredible to bring that to the PC audience."

The Future of IOI

Therefore I am proud to announce today that IOI is now officially an independent studio. We have successfully concluded our negotiations with Square Enix and have agreed to a management buyout. Crucially, we will keep all of the rights to the Hitman IP.

Nintendo of America Boss Fils-Aimé On Comebacks, the Future of the DS and Surviving the Wii U

wxuSciI.png

As Nintendo takes a victory lap at this year's E3 show, Fils-Aimé opens up on what makes the company tick, and what's next

The big interview: Shigeru Miyamoto and Ubisoft's Yves Guillemot

uwMK7Sf.jpg

Two days on from Ubisoft's press conference, and I'm sat much closer to both its stars. Across a table upstairs in Ubisoft's E3 booth, ringed by almost a dozen PRs from the two companies, is Miyamoto himself, with Guillemot beside him. I'm here primarily to discuss the development of this special project - but also some other topics besides.

The Xbox Has Brand New Avatars

Remember Microsoft’s Avatars, those wobbly caricatures that danced around the Xbox 360's dashboard? They’ve been sidelined ever since the release of the Xbox One, but that doesn’t mean the company has given up on them.

Nine Australian indie games receive government funding boost

gT5CzLk.jpg

The government of Victoria, Austrailia has provided an undisclosed amount of funding to nine games being created in the region through Film Victoria, supporting over 40 game development positions in the process.

TinyBuild Games CEO claims they were scammed by a Russian publisher

Kf63ijl.png

Before tinyBuild Games brought us games like Hello Neighbor or Punch Club, developer Alex Nichiporchik was hard at work on No Time to Explain, the studio’s first commercial title. Developed from a small joke game Alex found online, it turned into a veritable powerhouse and one of the first games to be accepted for publishing through Steam Greenlight.

Criticism against Two Worlds II microtransactions spurs response from TopWare

VqZBY7T.png

Last week, Two Worlds 2 players were shocked to see that, seven years after the game’s release, microtransactions had been folded into the title. This lead to fans heading to Two Worlds 2’s Steam page and assaulting it with negative reviews, to the point where the game’s review average is currently sitting on “Mostly Negative.” TopWare has spoken to Eurogamer about the situation, and vice president of business development Dirk P. Hassinger has issued a statement about the situation.

The Ataribox is another PC-based console. What fresh madness is this?

At the start of June a teaser video appeared for the Ataribox. The 21-second video showed little more than some plastic vents, an acre of wood-panelling, and a bright white Atari logo. Now Atari’s CEO has confirmed the Ataribox is definitely a new console and it’s being built using PC technology.

The future of PC gaming is in China

7HpwGdD.png

Games industry analysts Newzoo have put together a new report on the state of the business in 2017, so it's time to talk figures and data (I promise not to patronise you by acting like data isn't interesting - we all know it is). Headline findings include a small decrease in PC boxed/digital revenues, yet a significant opportunity for PC properties in China.

Madden developer shot to death in parking lot altercation

According to the Star-Banner of Ocala, Sullivan had assaulted Robert Bavle, 23, in the parking lot of a local eatery. Bavle produced a firearm and shot at Sullivan twice; as Sullivan fled, Bavle continued firing. Investigators say Bavle shot at Sullivan at least 13 times. Sullivan died of his wounds en route to a local hospital.

Obituary: Intellivision Productions president Keith Robinson

Many of you will recognize Robinson as one of those of saved the Intellivision brand during the '90s, when he obtained the rights to the console and its games with fellow programmer Stephen Roney.

Bethesda Responds to Paid Mods Concern and More | E3 2017 GameSpot Show

The Elder Scrolls 6 and paid mods are just two of the things Bethesda's Pete Hines talked about when he stopped by our E3 2017 stage. Oh, and he also shot down the rumors that Fallout and The Elder Scrolls take place in the same universe.

Modders deserve to be paid — but Bethesda’s Creation Club isn’t enough

So it’s no surprise that Bethesda’s games have been at the center of the discussion surrounding the mainstreaming of user modifications, from the aborted attempt to sell mods on Steam to the introduction of mods on console (and the complications arising from this.) With their new Creation Club announcement, Bethesda is once again pushing the boundaries of how modders are treated.

Ambitious New Vegas mod Fallout: The Frontier shows off vehicular combat

One of the biggest mods for Fallout: New Vegas is still in development - it’s now on year three, and it’s almost done. The Frontier, a mod that’s adding in a whole new 16x16 km winter-themed area to the game is celebrating that milestone with a whole new trailer, released for E3.

Popular GTA V Modding Tool Shuts Down, Community Explodes

XMz3mDT.png

The creators Open IV, one of the most popular modding tools for GTA V, are shutting their services down. They claim they have received a cease and desist from Take-Two Interactive after nearly 10 years of operation. The news comes as a shock to the PC Grand Theft Auto community, who use OpenIV to add thousands of mods into GTA V.

OpenIV closure 'devastating for machinima creators', says popular GTA 5 stunt creator

Ash Sky Queen speaks out on behalf of GTA 5's creative community.

Take-Two Shuts Down Paid GTA Online Cheating Tool, Forces Creators To Donate To Charity

Days after Take-Two Interactive shut down a popular GTA V modding tool, another modding service has come into the publisher’s crosshairs. Force Hax, a GTA Online PC modding menu that charged users money for its cheating and harassment services, has not only been taken down, Take-Two asked the developers to apologize in an unusual way.

The Creator Of Metroid II Fan Game AM2R Isn't Mad About Nintendo

DoctorM64 spent over ten years remaking Metroid II: Samus Return in his free time, only to have Nintendo send him a DMCA and have to take the project down. Now that Nintendo has announced their own reimagining of the same game, he’s just as pumped as everyone else is.

Esports News

German State Moves to Support Esports With Coalition Agreement

r4MZvn9.jpg

Political parties in the northern German state of Schleswig-Holstein have signed a coalition agreement that “aims to examine if and how esports events can be supported and established” in the region, according to a report by Dot Esports’ Thiemo Brautigam. The agreement—which has support from the conservative CDU party, the liberal FDP, and the Greens—is a welcoming sign to the growing acceptance of esports, and a not-so-subtle hint that industry players may find a open-door home in the state.

Blizzard and Twitch sign deal for Overwatch, StarCraft and Hearthstone esports streaming

UPn7Ryk.png

Twitch Prime members will get Blizzard loot boxes as part of partnership

Yahoo Esports to Close, a Casualty of $4.5 billion Acquisition from Verizon

sF0vBUx.png

Yahoo Esports will be no more as of June 16, confirmed yesterday by the outlet’s head of esports media Travis Gafford. The closure follows an acquisition of the parent company by Verizon for $4.5 billion, who will merge both Yahoo and AOL into a new subsidiary, named Oath.

Nintendo Responds To Smash Bros. Pro's Callout, Wants To Keep Scene Grassroots

7Zsa7IU.png

One of the world’s top Super Smash Bros. players recently knocked Nintendo for not sufficiently supporting the scene and said he hoped that Nintendo heard him. This week in Los Angeles, they did—after we played a clip of his speech to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime.

Overwatch is booming as an esport in South Korea, and female fans are playing a big role

UqQz9Vq.jpg

“Other esports in South Korea aren’t like this,” he tells me, gesturing to the crowd. Overwatch esports operate in a unique space in South Korea. It’s seen as a mixture of gaming and entertainment. South Korea’s Overwatch fans are passionate—the Lunatic-Hai fans even more so. Most of the women here are younger than me, likely in their teens and early 20s. For them, the Overwatch players are idols. Fans come bearing gifts, with bags stuffed full of fan art, stuffed animals, and baked treats.

The 15-Year-Old Smash Pro Who Finds Confidence In Dancing Like Bayonetta

Z7OAo0M.gif

But the gun-heeled Bayonetta isn’t just an avatar for Lauth, it’s a persona. When Lauth pops off, a celebration after a surprise win or tense victory, he dances like Bayonetta. His Twitter avatar is art that a fan drew for him, with Lauth on one side and Bayo on the other. It’s not just about the tools in-game, but the character of Bayonetta herself that Lauth wants to perfect.

Dota 2 Team Wins Tournament While (Almost) Never Picking The Same Hero Twice

eWlBeGR.jpg

At this last weekend’s The Summit 7, one team decided to challenge itself. Rather than lean on any one hero, Virtus.Pro would go the opposite way: Try to never pick the same hero twice.

Scarecrow Player Chips Opponent Down For The Win In Injustice 2 Finals

UY6NrMT.gif

Two players who had faced the greats and came out on top clashed in tonight’s Injustice 2 grand finals, as WhiteBoi and his stellar Scarecrow bested Slayer at CEO 2017.

Tekken 7 Player Turns Down Tournament's T-Mobile Phone Prize, Because He Uses AT&T

AoqUYaZ.gif

Tekken 7 player Bronson Tran lived up to his nickname “the mouth of NorCal” this past Wednesday night when he received and rejected the MVP prize at E3’s Twitch Esports Arena invitational. Fans nominated the MVP via Twitter hashtag, and the winner was supposed to get a T-Mobile phone. Except, as Bronson explained while standing on T-Mobile’s stage, he uses AT&T and he’d rather not switch his data plan. Instead, Bronson plans to give his prize to a randomly selected Twitter fan.

Crowdfunding News (not sharing everything I find, just ones that have interest/known talent behind them and a chance to succeed)

The Art of Map Design

qBmeKIV.jpg

The process of map creation goes through several stages:

Bringing Fantasy to Life: The Sounds and Music of Pathfinder

Sound and music became an essential part of every pen-and-paper RPG session, and it is an even more important part of the computer game. While working on Pathfinder: Kingmaker our first goal was to bring the world of Golarion to life. To achieve this goal we had to approach sound from many directions: sound effects are here to illustrate all the important actions and conditions of the player, while music and dialogues are helping to create a unique atmosphere of good old fairy-tale. This tale, we hope, will keep the player occupied for 40 or more hours.

Companions: Introducing Ekundayo, the Grim Ranger

We continue our story about those who will accompany you on your journey to the Stolen Lands. Many heroes rightfully call themselves Pathfinders – from the mighty Fighters to the cunning Rogues – but nobody is as good at literally finding paths where there seem to be none as the Rangers.

Characters and animation

We have prepared a brand new video for today's update. As you've certainly guessed by our headline, it's all about characters and animation. Our technical director Alexey Drobyshevsky lets you have a first look at the inventory system and how putting on items works. He is also showing off some of our combat animations. Please be aware that the shown footage is still work in progress and we're still ironing out some kinks. With that in mind, we hope you will enjoy our new video and, as always, we can't wait to hear your comments and feedback.

LUCAH ~ a nightmare action-rpg about finding oneself ~

it loves you / it needs you / it hates you

Content I found interesting this week (interviews, think pieces, history, music, culture, design, art, documentaries, criticism, etc)

The Real Story Behind Xenogears' 'Unfinished' Disc 2

4oc2TU3.jpg

Xenogears, widely considered one of the greatest role-playing games ever made, has long felt to fans like an unfinished product thanks to its controversial, seemingly unfinished second disc. Although western gamers have assumed that the team simply ran out of money, the real story—as revealed by director Tetsuya Takahashi to Kotaku today—is a little more nuanced.

Yuzo Koshiro: Legendary game composer, family business owner

tAFlCxP.png

Exploring the flip-side of the composer's career: His work as a developer.

What It Means When Algorithims Start Telling Stories for Us

5b8WSNf.jpg

Procedural storytelling is creating a new class of narrative within games, but the real story is in the machinery behind it.

A Falconer Enters the World of Video Games

plTl3L5.jpg

The story of how Nricco Iseppi, a master falconer, came to Riot Games has, among the company’s staff, acquired the malleability of myth. According to one scriptwriter, it began when Riot had an orange grove planted on its multimillion-dollar campus, in Los Angeles, a place already bristling with perks and mod cons: free canteens, a lecture hall, a loaded bar, an outdoor chess board replete with Oompa Loompa-size pieces. The grove attracted pigeons, which dropped guano willy-nilly, and so the company’s facilities manager sought the services of a bird of prey. Or maybe, another employee told me, Iseppi was brought on to deal with the rats, which had taken to foraging in the fragrant canteen trash. Actually, a third said, the falconer arrived before anyone else. He was just always there.

Google and Apple vs. Indie Developers

ViwZvL8.png

TL;DR: Tech giants Google and Apple dominate the App Store business- they have virtually no competition. As a result, they give very poor support to indie developers. Your game or app can suddenly be removed with very little you can do to combat the decision.

An obituary for the architecture of Dark Souls' eternally dying land

fXCEk5c.png

Editor's note: We're delighted to welcome back Gareth, the editor of the fascinating new zine Heterotopias, for another piece exploring the intersection between architecture and video games. You can find his last piece on Resident Evil's mansion here, and find a copy of the second issue of Heterotopias over here.

Xenoblade Chronicles X's Director On Localization Changes: 'I Didn't Mind Much At All'

AF3kCsL.png

“In terms of Xenoblade Chronicles X, there’s been a few different changes that were made to the game, but my personality is such that I’m not a stickler for products that I’ve already made, so I don’t really mind what the final product turns out to be in that sense,” Takahashi told me. “I really didn’t mind much at all, actually.”

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Mario's Level Design, Evolved | Game Maker's Toolkit

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is platforming level design at its best. By taking Nintendo’s level design philosophy to the next level, Retro Studios made a handful of incredible stages that all modern platformers should be judged against.

VidMe or Why Platforms Aren't Your Friends

Blip.tv also positioned itself as "just pals" but that idea of "we'll let the users guide our growth" was a paper mask hiding a lack of core vision. They would make a lot of promises and did a lot of posturing vis a vis supporting creators and helping them develop content, but in the end Blip's business model was "get bought by someone bigger." That kind of worked out for them as they were bought by Maker Studios who were, themselves, in the business of getting themselves bought by someone bigger. So Maker buys Blip so Disney will buy Maker, opens Maker.tv as a hypothetical curated database clone-and-re-skin of Blip, but closes the whole thing within 18 months without ever actually re-launching the Blip creators they went out of their way to retain in the merger. As it turned out they had no real interest in developing content when they could just skim ad revenue off the 50,000 channels that fell below payment thresholds, and withhold payment en masse in order to milk the interest on the payroll account.

The Legend of Polybius | Gaming Historian

Gaming Historian attempts to uncover the truth about Polybius, one of the first video game urban legends. Allegedly, the game was made by the government as an experiment to recruit soldiers and brainwash kids. Is it all false? Or are there some kernels of truth?

Perversion Subversion - Examining Hentai Sensibility - Extra Credits

Some recent Japanese games have tried to examine the hentai sensibility, with varying degrees of success. Where Yakuza 0 succeeds in finding a new perspective through bawdy humor, Persona 5 tries a more serious look that falls flat when the game thoughtlessly engages in sexual objectification.

Games as Lit. 101 - Pacing in Breath of the Wild

Breath of the Wild can often feel very aimless, and yet the game maintains a sense of pacing and structure. Let's talk about how.

Enjoy the series? Support it on Patreon!
http://www.patreon.com/gamesaslit101

E3 Coliseum: A Conversation with Hideo Kojima and Jordan Vogt-Roberts

Kong: Skull Island director Jordan Vogt-Roberts talks with the legendary Hideo Kojima about the art of making games and films live on the E3 Coliseum stage.

E3 Coliseum: The Indie Revolution

Robin Hunike from Funomena, Brendan Greene (PlayerUnknown) of PlayerUnknown's BATTLEGROUNDS, Eli Cymet from Built by Snowman, and Jason Oda, the developer of upcoming indie game Coma, take over the E3 Coliseum 2017 couches to talk about path of the indie developer.

Things I Missed From Previous Weeks

Chris Avellone Interview! Fallout, Prey, Pathfinder & his future

Something special for you all. Today I chat to veteran game writer and narrative designer, @ChrisAvellone!