• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

What games will you play during this gaming drought till August?

16 posts in this topic

After the big named game that is Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, the gaming drought has begun. Well unless you have a Switch since Splatoon 2 is coming. But for the rest of us that doesn't have a Switch, the game release lineup is currently very2 DRY. For July the only hotly anticipated game for me is Pyre, from the same guys as Bastion and Transistor. 

August will finally end the drought with Uncharted Lost Legacy, Life is Strange Before the Storm, and Yakuza Kiwami, and then September will open the floodgate to Destiny 2, MVC Infinite, Total War Warhammer 2, Danganronpa V3 until the end twist which is total horseshit and oh, Cuphead. You look tasty as hell......

So in the meantime, we'll all have to fill our cup of water during this drought with either old games, or small upcoming games that doesn't look big but potentially will be a surprisingly good sleeper hit. What will be the games you will play before August??

Here are the games that I will play for now:

Tekken 7

Rainbow Six Siege after Apex recommended this game to me.

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds which although looks lame, when you actually play it it's actually one of the most fun and intense survival game out right now. Every match feels different and it's always great to outwit enemies. Becoming the last man standing is really freaking hard since you have to fight off 90+ other survivors which are out for your head, but I will keep trying damn it!

Sniper Elite 4

Resident Evil 6 & 7

Maybe Pyre

Some old PS2 games that I haven't played in a while

And there's this one upcoming VN game called the Letter which looks interesting

If you guys know any small upcoming games before August that looks interesting, let me know. I want to try them out to quench my gaming drought thirst! :rolleyes:

childplay likes this

I'll be playing Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.  I know it's a re-release but the levelling mechanics are very different (and improved) from the original so it's worth picking up especially you haven't played.

I'm playing Rimworld and EVE online at the moment. I also want to get around to finishing Prey (2017) and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I will be focus on playing Call of Duty: Black OPS3 and Resident Evil: Biohazard. 

well, i am playing the Witcher 3 at the moment, if mates / friends don't call me for a MP game in CSGO, BF1, Overwatch, Titanfall 2 etc...

i bought 7 games on the Sale and still have over 500 untouched Games, so....till Winter Sale i am fine XD

Whatever I happen to be in the mood for, I guess. And whatever I have on my list of games to play. (Yes, I have an actual list to keep track of games I should (re)play. It actually helps a lot, especially since I'm pretty indecisive when it comes to choosing a game to play next.)

Unlike most people, I can actually manage not buying a brand new game at full price for one whole month. That's because most of the games I play, I play A LOT of, and I only buy games when their prices have dropped, and have a sale. There's only veeery specific games I'd have to be super hyped for to buy on release.

Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice are most likely the games I will be playing.

I've been getting back into XCOM 2 and practicing a few online games that are set to be in the lineup for the PS4 Game Nights.

Well have a few things to get done that I haven't played much. Most on PC at the moment. Of course N. Sane Trilogy for Crash came out so I'm currently really working through that. Then also on PS4 I recently got Final Fantasy X Remaster, Final Fantasy Type-0, and God Eater 2 since it was a good deal for the three and never played them. PC I have a backlog I need to work on that includes DOOM, Witcher 2 and 3, Fallout 4, Just Cause 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, and Skyrim SE (shocking to say but I've never actually beat Skyrim, I got the PC version ages ago and got bored halfway through so stopped then since the SE was annouced and got that for free). So yeah there might be a drought but I'm going to be preoccupied.

Also probably pick up Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age.

1 hour ago, argetlam350 said:

Skyrim SE (shocking to say but I've never actually beat Skyrim, I got the PC version ages ago and got bored halfway through so stopped then since the SE was annouced and got that for free).

Same thing with me. Surprisingly. I was in the middle of beating the game, but since back then I had too many mods, the game decided to crap out. So I had to remove some mods in order for the game to continue, and then I forgot to continue onwards because back then Witcher 3 shows up and, well, can't stop playing that. Hahaha. May need to return to Skyrim one of these days.......

Drought? What drought?

I have 200+ games on my Steam list alone, and I've only played about a quarter of them. :P

And come August I won't even be focusing on new games. I'm waiting for StarCraft Remastered to release so I can have a marathon from the first game all the way through Legacy of the Void!

Been slowly falling back into MMORPGs. Started FF14 and it is better than I thought. Just hit level forty as a black mage but now I am thinking tank/healer is looking tempting heh. On the side, finally playing Bloodborne Old hunters and been preparing to stream Metal Gear Solid series for the first time. 

My default FPS are always Rainbow Six Siege and Killing Floor 2.

I just bought Rebel Galaxy, Shadow of Mordor, 80 Days, Sorcery 1&2 from Steam Summer Sales NO drought here... fully stocked

Nothing but Unit 13, Grand Kingdom, Nioh, Planetside 2, Doom, Darkest Dungeon, Variant Story, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, and Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army Trilogy. Nioh's DLC will be out a week and a half and The Crimson Court will be out August 22 (hopefully) on PSN. So it's pretty much a DLC drought for me. If they ever decided to make a Lord of The Rings HD Collection (Say The Two Towers, Return of the King, Conquest, and The Third Age) that will be my anti-drought game right there.