• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

    Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

  • PS4 Forum

    The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

    The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

  • XBO Forum

    The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

    The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

  • News Archive

    The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

    The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

  • More Info

    The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

    The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

  • The Team

    Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

    Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

  • The Tube

    The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

    Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Poseidon21

Graphics Help

7 posts in this topic

So recently I have decided to look for a new graphics card for my computer as of right now most graphic intensive games I cannot play at all. I have a Nvidia GeForce 610 graphics card. I have been looking to get a GTX 1070, wondering if it's worth it and if I should get the 1080 or the 1080TI.

 

Thanks for the help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went on this website and got my full specs

UserBenchmarks: Game 12%, Desk 37%, Work 25%
CPU: AMD FX-4300 - 48.4%
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 610 - 1.8%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - 16.6%
USB: Seagate BUP Slim BK 1TB - 54.7%
RAM: Unknown 20GB - 28.3%
MBD: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well a couple things.

 

First of all the CPU is weak so if you put a 1070 in that it will bottleneck badly, let alone 1080 or a 1080 Ti.  So I would upgrade the CPU, RAM, and motherboard first.

 

Second you need to strongly consider if you really need 1070 levels of performance.  I personally would only recommend a GTX 1070 if you have a high refresh rate G-Sync monitor for high frames at 1080p or gaming at 1440p.  If you aiming for 1080 60fps then a GTX1060 or a RX 470/570 is more than enough.

 

So to sum it up I would focus on the rest of the system investing the money were considering for a GTX 1070/180/1080 Ti on that.  Even if you have to wait and save a little longer for the graphics card you will be MUCH better of in the long run trust me.

 

I've created an example build with a Ryzen 5 and RX 570.  I'm not saying BUY THIS but it might be a good starting point for you to tailor to what you want in terms of performance and budget.

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Crazycrab/saved/K7QTWZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Well a couple things.

 

First of all the CPU is weak so if you put a 1070 in that it will bottleneck badly, let alone 1080 or a 1080 Ti.  So I would upgrade the CPU, RAM, and motherboard first.

 

Second you need to strongly consider if you really need 1070 levels of performance.  I personally would only recommend a GTX 1070 if you have a high refresh rate G-Sync monitor for high frames at 1080p or gaming at 1440p.  If you aiming for 1080 60fps then a GTX1060 or a RX 470/570 is more than enough.

 

So to sum it up I would focus on the rest of the system investing the money were considering for a GTX 1070/180/1080 Ti on that.  Even if you have to wait and save a little longer for the graphics card you will be MUCH better of in the long run trust me.

 

I've created an example build with a Ryzen 5 and RX 570.  I'm not saying BUY THIS but it might be a good starting point for you to tailor to what you want in terms of performance and budget.

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Crazycrab/saved/K7QTWZ

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the response. How would the GTX1060 / RX470/570 do in terms of bottlenecking the CPU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it really depends on what you want to do, if you want 4k/triple monitor then a 1080, if not then the 1070 will do it but ultimately if you can afford the top of the range, buy top of the range, it helps with future proofing

I would also look at the AMD offerings as well

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poseidon21 said:

How would the GTX1060 / RX470/570 do in terms of bottlenecking the CPU?

 

Not as bad but far from ideal.  The problem with older FX series is that the IPS rating (Instructions Per Second) is very low.  The quad cores in particular weren't very favorable even they were new.

 

In your position I would consider changing the CPU along with the Motherboard and RAM a higher priority than the GPU right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

 

Not as bad but far from ideal.  The problem with older FX series is that the IPS rating (Instructions Per Second) is very low.  The quad cores in particular weren't very favorable even they were new.

 

In your position I would consider changing the CPU along with the Motherboard and RAM a higher priority than the GPU right now.

Alright thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now