• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doctor

X series

8 posts in this topic

Egosoft has informed that they are working on a new X-series game X4. Information about the game is still quite bare but what they have said so far the game will be much more like X3 than X Rebirth, meaning a player is able to fly with the multiple of ships, etc. The game engine will be use Vulkan graphics API just like recently published Early Access game X Rebirth VR edition.

Egosoft is going to keep XCon 2017 on Saturday, August 26th where they will be demo upcoming X4.

About the Event:

• You will be allowed to film and take pictures during the event and talk about it openly.
  • For those that can not come in person, we will try to stream the event online. Maybe you can even ask questions online and we will try to answer them live. Be warned that everything and everybody at the event could be filmed!
  • We will provide small snacks but only that. So do not come too hungry Wink For more there are a couple of restaurants nearby (e.g Pizzeria Lido and a Supermarket).
  • In case you are searching for lodging nearby, have a look at the websites for Würselen(German) and Aachen.

I haven't played an X-series game before but they have intrigued me. I guess I as put off when I heard that X Rebirth had allot of problems at launch.  Hopefully this one go's well, I want to see more success stories from mid-tier publishers and devs like Ninja theory just had with Hellblade.

Yeah, unfortunate X Rebirth had an awful launch. It would be interesting to hear what happened and why they released the game in such a horrific condition. It could be that publisher forced to do so since the game had been under development so long time.

What has been great to see that they have been supporting their game years after release. They got X Rebirth in pretty good shape in the end and even X3 got a new patch just recently.

X Rebirth is quite different compared to earlier X-games. I think it was a good idea from Egosoft to give the game a different name to distinguish it from earlier games but it wasn't enough for fans and the community. They abandoned Egosoft and the game pretty much immediately and of course the poor launch didn't help at all. To me it looks like Egosoft is now in position that X4 has to be a huge success to gain fans faith back. It will be very interesting to see how X4 looks like and how much it is like X3.

As I discussed with you before Dr, looking forward to this big time. As soon as I heard Rebirth was a complete overhaul and more like Freelancer but nowhere near as good I easily passed. The update to X3 was great but to all you new people not getting it off steam and reinstalling or finding a copy on Amazon...download the patch before running the game or you will cry, panic and die in no particular order. 

My expectations on the release of this has been turned off because if the scope is anything like it's predecessors it's going to be awhile. Definitely worth the wait though if they do it right. Thanks Dr.

They have now uploaded the presentation to YouTube. The game engine is based on work they did with X Rebirth and X Rebirth VR Edition and at least to me the project looks pretty promising. I'm happy to hear they are continue working on making the universe more "living and breathing" and complex as they did with X Rebirth.

Egosoft has not decided yet if they go Early Access first but I definitely hope they will. The only thing saddens me at the moment is that it is not certain yet if the game will be released for Linux.

Egosoft kept an second Q&A session this week. It sounds like more is coming which is great. Dev diaries are interesting to follow and gives fans change to share their thoughts about made decisions etc.

The game looks very promising so far.