• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Angry Joe

Planetside 2 - VOTE PASSED

Should AJSA Officially Support Planetside 2?   639 members have voted

1. 1. Should AJSA Officially Support Planetside 2?

• Yes! I promise to play it Regularly!
    • No. I wont be playing it often enough.
    • Yes, but wait till Expansion (or Major Changes) First.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

251 posts in this topic

Should The Angry Army Return to Planetside 2?  Passed!!!!!!

Keep an eye out for a Post from DoctorEvil in the Planetside Forum!  http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/6495-ajsa-returns-to-planetside-2-read-here/

Current Council Decision: By the will of the community, the AJSA will return to Planetside 2!!!!  - 11/16/2013

*Based on Community Votes Command will decide to play the game in question if enough demand is there within The AJSA! Regardless of their decision or personal preferences - good game-specific Officers will be recruited and an additional commander maybe added to the roster to help oversee this game primarily.

***Please Remember that even if The Angry Army doesn't Officially Support The Game or Create a Game Division within it, that you can by all means still play the game with your AJSA Tag if you would like to do so!

ABSOLUTELY. This game is basically battlefield 3, BUT FREE, Sure it has a pay to win thing goin on, however, its just too fun to play with friends. Hey the decision is up to you guys, but thats just my opinion

Yes! Despite the current issues its alot of fun. Even though it takes a while to be good at it or get upgrades but if you got a team, no one can stop you and your mates!

I always found it fun with others, ones you fight along side with good humor, I am sure everyone will have a good time!.

pwnageman010 and TheUber like this

I have only played it very briefly, and as such choose to adhere to the councils decision, rather than make an uninformed one on my own

Cyber Creed likes this

I started playing it yesterday. After a few hours, I literally couldn't distance myself from my laptop. It's really fun and contagious. I even got a friends of mine playing it. I'll see if they're up to join ASJA later. :P

Anyhow, I'm supporting this (Though I'm afraid that I'll most likely lag if we play on a US server, but I'll deal with it somehow)

Not big fan of pugs  when it comes to MP games and I dont have alot of friends to play with so I've never tried it but have always wanted to

monsterheid likes this

One of my problems with this is that it takes a pretty good computer to handle. I can't even play it on lowest settings on my computer with a decent framerate. And when I DO get good framerate, it's out of combat. Forget being effective in battle. I'm not gonna say no to this as there are a lot of people who love this game but I really have concerns with it and I will not be attending any Planetside games.

Mousimus likes this

One of my problems with this is that it takes a pretty good computer to handle. I can't even play it on lowest settings on my computer with a decent framerate. And when I DO get good framerate, it's out of combat. Forget being effective in battle. I'm not gonna say no to this as there are a lot of people who love this game but I really have concerns with it and I will not be attending any Planetside games.

Yeah I'm the same i'd love to play it but my computer doesn't run games half it's needs.

Absolutely return. This game is so fun, would be 100x better if the angry army moved in

TheUber likes this

The game has no end game, thus it cannot not be satisfying. 

Mousimus likes this

I believe that we should wait until they update it and do something with territory control. Tbh if you capped the whole map, there was no real sense of accomplishment as there was in Planetside 1. Plus the gun play can use some tweaking.

On the positive side there is nothing like riding into battle with 200+ fellow soldiers and just wreaking the weak lol.

You guys do know that they have added a reward for capping a continent?

Just checked the numbers and there's 5,400 playing right now at 12:24pm MST, It supports a ridiclious amount of players on one map and it's free. It's a perfect game for AJSA and now that we have a clan tag to see our members it will even be more fun. Maybe we could have events like a planned get together with the AJSA members. I haven't played it for awhile but have no complaints.... in fact i'm gonna download it right now cause I remember the fun times I had.

LegendxKiller28 likes this

I would play this F2P title, if there was a lot of people from here playing it too, be nice to log in with everyone and have some laughs, if i didnt die from sucking, the lag would proberly kill me :lol:

Definitely yes! The main reason I stopped playing was I had no one to play with! Bring on the Angry Army!

im not sure... i've never been a huge fan of rediculously large multiplayer games like these. ive  always been more of a call of duty guy where all i have to worry about is runnign around shooting people with little worry of anything else. ive played a few hours of planetside and it was very overwhelming. maybe with a bunch of AJSA members to play with it could potentially be fun?

Voted no but support AJSA members who want to play (No "Yes, but won't play as often option?). I don't play it often but don't mind seeing it up there.

HELL YES, this game is a perfect fit for the angry army 

-it is/will be multi-platform

-It is free to play

-good community

-easy management of large numbers of people(better with a third party voice communicator)

However some issues sill arise such as:

-Not vary optimized ATM

-Can become boring with no true end game 

-Outfits have a limited ranking system

But all this is planning on improvement such as optimization and a whole End-Game in sight even player generated quests!

I understand some people hate FPS games and some HATE micro-transactions but Planetside 2 doesn’t force you to pay up to win you can buy guns with in-game cash and you can get said cash quite easy(even if you suck at aiming and you end up a walking elephant that has paper skin and glass bones). But the best part of PS2 is the TEAMWORK you can't win without it and the game sets it up so you don't have to kill yourself in order to help someone out or get a group of people together.

Here is the link to all the things that are to come for planetside 2: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/roadmap.59/

read it and tell me that wont give a End-Game feeling... I dare you

O... i also volunteer to help out with management and anything else... OK i beg to

Edited by Ender
Mondez likes this

Yes, also does anyone know if the PS4+PC Communities will be separate when PS2 comes to PS4?

well my current character on the same server Joe used to play is part of another unit there, and my other two are on different servers but without units - got the other watherson/matherson whatever and ceres for the eu

but, there is not reason why I cannot just move from one unit/clan/guild to the angry army

normally wouldn't be interested in these sort of games but with solid group behind me i would Absolutely play it!