• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

Have A Gaming Channel? Lets hear about it

42 posts in this topic

I'm sure there have to be some people here on this forum who have their on channel for gaming, or perhaps not fully just that but something they still put their gaming content on so I'm curious to see the angles that some people go for on their channel if they do. Not everyones approach is the same. I'll go first, naturally.

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jinzuro

Content: Playthroughs / Match Requests / Co-op / Random links in about page

Purpose: I do playthroughs for the most part strictly. Not in the walkthrough sense but for those who want to see for the most part the atmosphere of a game without the commentary. So, when I do play, I do go for getting through the game quickly without wasting time meandering about, and I don't place them in 15 minute segment parts. If a chapter is like an hour to get through, that hour for that chapter of the game is there. (Well I did until the Content ID issue over songs used in the game. Guess that explains why everyone is going with 15 minutes. >:/ go figure. At least the ones already uploaded remain at their lengths) I also do want to go about putting some of the games I play on set as a series. Like If I do Bioshock, I want to have Bioshock 1-2, and Infinte available in order and linked to one another when a person gets to the end of said game. So if you watch to the end of Bioshock 1, the last part will have a link leading to Bioshock 2's playlist. Now I will be doing commentary later on, but thats only going to be for when I'm playing co-op with other individuals I may or may not know. Of course I have two reasons for this. First being, your going to find commentary on just about any game regardless, but very rarily you'll find some that you can just observe. Me for example I don't have a PS3, so it was nice for me to be able to watch someone playing "The Last of Us" without the commentary first to get the atmosphere and feel of the game. Very few I've seen do that and I get that alot of people go for the different ranges of personality, but some of us do like a take on just the game itself. The second....well I quite literally have never talked ever while playing a game by myself so its just completely and utterly unnatural for me to just, bam speak. I don't have that vision of talking to other individuals that flows out quite easily when actually talking to other inviduals. I admire the fact many others can do that quite well. But that pretty much I enjoy games, I like the thought of having channel we're someone may enjoy how I go about it and possibly come in contact with something they may have never played before or known about. And yes, I put random links of various in my about page. If you hadn't gotten bored by reading this far, do check them out.

Status as of post: Now I did start doing my recordings a few months back and have just moved recently, so I'm still getting into the groove of finding that pace so I can upload often. I did have the issue of finding the recording software that worked best for me, thank god thats over. But for the most part I'm getting time set to the side so I can focus on getting out more of the latest games that are out to catch myself up and when there's a time when nothings is coming out for awhile I can go to recording some oldschool games.

Recording software: MSI Afterburner

I do lets plays

Mostly statergy games and rts games like

Rome total war

also do req game lets plays check me out see what you think

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNwbAFFHWIYoOMAydxwj2pw

I like that intro you have there, very nice. I subbed on, I do enjoy strategy games and will definitely want to check this out. I haven't played any for quite some time. Wow... since Tiberium wars.

Sonny likes this

My main channel: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zemirgz 

My current video posting channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1-Q4SawJeBMmYB2XY_RqA 

What kinda videos do I upload:
No clue at the moment, I kinda just use my video posting channel to post gameplay stuff at the moment.

Purpose of channel:
No clue, I just got bored one day and posted some gameplay videos, which this is my 3rd video uploading channel to date. I do tend to give help to other players about other things in video games from time to time. But overall I don't know what kinda video styles to upload for the channel, so I just upload what I please.

State of channel, as the time of this post:
Right now, I been to busy with college to upload any videos to the channel and I am rather at a stump on what to upload too. 

This topic is quite interesting, just stumbled upon it and thought "Oh my, Let's Join!" xD

BTW Jinzuro, Your content contains a lot of Dragon Ball Match Requests. Quite unappealing in my opinion, But Enslaved: Oddysey to the West looks amazing :D

Is it a PC or PS3 title? (I don't have a 360...)

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Badguy292

Content: Playthroughs / Co-op / Random "For Fun" short videos / Facecam / High Quality (1080p mostly)

Purpose: I made this channel lately, to have a place of memory of former achievings. And to entertain people who likes this kind of content. I don't have a specific appeal to any specific group of people at the moment, and i don't intend to. I just upload what i want to show, a few tips & tricks and a little wannabe MLG gameplay. xD

Status as of post: I am currently working on my very first Let's Play series with Mirror's Edge, quite a good game, almost done. And I'm planning on making a playthrough of Soldier Of Fortune (SoF: Platinum) afterwards. I'm a little lazy on uploading, but i put effort into the editing though my editing skillz are not the best, i tend to get better with trial and error. And it seems to work so far :D

Recording software: FRAPS / 720p Video Camera (Facecam)

Note: I use video footage from the camera, while i keep the audio from FRAPS (Better microphone on Headset than Camera)

Editing software: Adobe: Premiere Pro / Adobe: Photoshop

This topic is quite interesting, just stumbled upon it and thought "Oh my, Let's Join!" xD

BTW Jinzuro, Your content contains a lot of Dragon Ball Match Requests. Quite unappealing in my opinion, But Enslaved: Oddysey to the West looks amazing :D

Is it a PC or PS3 title? (I don't have a 360...)

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Badguy292

Content: Playthroughs / Co-op / Random "For Fun" short videos / Facecam / High Quality (1080p mostly)

Purpose: I made this channel lately, to have a place of memory of former achievings. And to entertain people who likes this kind of content. I don't have a specific appeal to any specific group of people at the moment, and i don't intend to. I just upload what i want to show, a few tips & tricks and a little wannabe MLG gameplay. xD

Status as of post: I am currently working on my very first Let's Play series with Mirror's Edge, quite a good game, almost done. And I'm planning on making a playthrough of Soldier Of Fortune (SoF: Platinum) afterwards. I'm a little lazy on uploading, but i put effort into the editing though my editing skillz are not the best, i tend to get better with trial and error. And it seems to work so far :D

Recording software: FRAPS / 720p Video Camera (Facecam)

Note: I use video footage from the camera, while i keep the audio from FRAPS (Better microphone on Headset than Camera)

Editing software: Adobe: Premiere Pro / Adobe: Photoshop

Lol. Yes, I know. Thats a side thing for me and my friend. He didn't think I would do it. But I do section off the other content so people can navigate to the other stuff easily.

Now for "Enslaved" it is indeed an amazing game. Love it.  Its on PS3, Xbox 360, and just recently they released the PC version. Being I only have PC, I had to take advantage because I was always eager to play it.

Badguy292 likes this

LOL, it took your youtube link on my post. Damn copy/pasting... xD The gameplay looks similar to the Uncharted Series (PS3 Exclusive)

Working link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Badguy292 sorry for the inconvenience  :unsure:

Edit: Oh shit! I'm sorry for double posting then.  :o  :ph34r:

LOL, it took your youtube link on my post. Damn copy/pasting... xD The gameplay looks similar to the Uncharted Series (PS3 Exclusive)

Working link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Badguy292 sorry for the inconvenience  :unsure:

No Worries. So you know, you can edit posts you've already made. There will be the "edit" button to the bottom right of your post.

Starting to get jealous of all these nice banners people have on their youtube page. You have quite the misc archive there.

Hey Guys Here is my Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/jay4gamers1

I Play a Variety of games i also do fighting games and i've visited evo the biggest fighting game scene ever. I do retro game and some new ones Im currently playing Xcom and Pokemon Silver. I am Partnered with TGN (The Gaming Network) and it a good experience. 

Check me out if you can :3

Hey Guys Here is my Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/jay4gamers1

I Play a Variety of games i also do fighting games and i've visited evo the biggest fighting game scene ever. I do retro game and some new ones Im currently playing Xcom and Pokemon Silver. I am Partnered with TGN (The Gaming Network) and it a good experience. 

Check me out if you can :3

>:3 Welcome

Well I have two channels

im starting to work on them more seriously (thumbnails,intros,title cards etc)

1.A Channel For Helping people learn Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and i dabble in other games.

its my main channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Johnnycpublic

2.A lets play channel with me and my friends
we are currently playing FFX2,Donkey Kong Country 2 and im still doing more for the channel

we are open to suggestions on what to play

secondary:http://www.youtube.com/user/johnNWivanPlay

Recording:I have an elgato capture card for most things,sometimes we use my friends avermedia live gamer portable

and for audio we use blue snowball

i edit things in wondershare video editor and paint.net for photo stuff

Jinzuro likes this

Well I have two channels

im starting to work on them more seriously (thumbnails,intros,title cards etc)

1.A Channel For Helping people learn Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and i dabble in other games.

its my main channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Johnnycpublic

2.A lets play channel with me and my friends

we are currently playing FFX2,Donkey Kong Country 2 and im still doing more for the channel

we are open to suggestions on what to play

secondary:http://www.youtube.com/user/johnNWivanPlay

Recording:I have an elgato capture card for most things,sometimes we use my friends avermedia live gamer portable

and for audio we use blue snowball

i edit things in wondershare video editor and paint.net for photo stuff

Like how your starting out on both fronts. Of what I noticed of both channels, I would say to take advantage of being able to section up your content. It'll look more appealing to those coming in. Especially in aiding them in finding your content faster then your videos being up only in the order they are uploaded.

I do stuff for www.wildtalkradio.com

Mostly podcasts based around professional wrestling. I write review columns for video games and run livestreams on Friday nights at 9pm USA-EST. I've just purchased a Sony HD camera for interviews and convention coverage, but i also use a Logitech webcam along with an internal video capture card for livestreams.

Here's my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reuben702

I made it far before I ever considered actually making videos on it so it's got a pretty old channel name. It's mostly full of rambling crap, I just like putting my thoughts out there, whether people end up watching them or not. It's pretty garbage but at least it's at a decent resolution and doesn't sound like ass. It's not the worst thing on Youtube, which is a plus I guess. :P

State of channel, as the time of this post:

Right now, I been to busy with college to upload any videos to the channel and I am rather at a stump on what to upload too. 

I would say definitely try playing some of the latest games if you can. You'll definitely gets some hits on that and be active with other people doing the same thing as you are with gaming channels. I know for the first week of december I'm intending to actually go all out trying to get alot of games that have been recent caught up so I can have a mixture of old school and new, though I'm going to be looking into getting a team of people together for co-op commentary playing. If your low on cash, I would say keep going with what you have. Adding more content is always a plus.

i play games and im getting into sfm so i post some of thst on ocasion, i only do pc games

http://www.youtube.com/user/thr33than/videos

Nothing wrong with that. I checked out your magicka video. Good to know you have some guys to enjoy it with. I'm trying to see if my own friends would like to take on some co-op play.

Here's my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reuben702

I made it far before I ever considered actually making videos on it so it's got a pretty old channel name. It's mostly full of rambling crap, I just like putting my thoughts out there, whether people end up watching them or not. It's pretty garbage but at least it's at a decent resolution and doesn't sound like ass. It's not the worst thing on Youtube, which is a plus I guess. :P

Nothing wrong with sharing your input. I'm actually going to be playing Bioshock 2 soon as I finish the first so it was good to hear your thoughts on it.

I would say definitely try playing some of the latest games if you can. You'll definitely gets some hits on that and be active with other people doing the same thing as you are with gaming channels. I know for the first week of december I'm intending to actually go all out trying to get alot of games that have been recent caught up so I can have a mixture of old school and new, though I'm going to be looking into getting a team of people together for co-op commentary playing. If your low on cash, I would say keep going with what you have. Adding more content is always a plus.

The thing is, is that I suck at commentaries. Even If I join a group or anything for commentating, I will most likely be the silent dude in the convo. But, I am thinking about doing a speedrun of contrast soon....I dunno, but I feel the urge to do a video about that game soon. But, with college keep getting in the way, and my forgetful and lazy self, I tend to never get enough time for recording such a video. But, your offer on a team does intrigue me....though I know that I will not really talk alot in the conversation for a commentary playing vid. 

The thing is, is that I suck at commentaries. Even If I join a group or anything for commentating, I will most likely be the silent dude in the convo. But, I am thinking about doing a speedrun of contrast soon....I dunno, but I feel the urge to do a video about that game soon. But, with college keep getting in the way, and my forgetful and lazy self, I tend to never get enough time for recording such a video. But, your offer on a team does intrigue me....though I know that I will not really talk alot in the conversation for a commentary playing vid. 

I pretty much have the same issue with you on single playing, but for me its more because.... well I don't talk when I game alone. But as far as gaming with someone in a group, I can tell you you wont have as much trouble as your thinking. When your playing with other people, your not thinking about what to say, your just there enjoying the game. Now you have commentaries in which you'll have individuals talking about the game, and then you'll have the type where your just hearing them having a good time as their playing. For me its alot easier conversating when I'm speaking out to something that responds back in turn.

I pretty much have the same issue with you on single playing, but for me its more because.... well I don't talk when I game alone. But as far as gaming with someone in a group, I can tell you you wont have as much trouble as your thinking. When your playing with other people, your not thinking about what to say, your just there enjoying the game. Now you have commentaries in which you'll have individuals talking about the game, and then you'll have the type where your just hearing them having a good time as their playing. For me its alot easier conversating when I'm speaking out to something that responds back in turn.

yeah the lets play channel is alot easier to record commentary for seeing as its with my friends but for tutorials i have a hard time trying to not sound stupid or stuff like that lol

yeah the lets play channel is alot easier to record commentary for seeing as its with my friends but for tutorials i have a hard time trying to not sound stupid or stuff like that lol

Oh thats because your worrying about how you sound. Best just to forget about that an you'll find you sound just fine.

I am starting my new gaming channel soon. I am getting my Live gamer portable soon. Check out the channel: Dragoons of Endiness. I am going to be uploading playthroughs of the game using unique character setups. 

I am starting my new gaming channel soon. I am getting my Live gamer portable soon. Check out the channel: Dragoons of Endiness. I am going to be uploading playthroughs of the game using unique character setups. 

This is great. I have a topic going for Legend of Dragoon. Love the game to death. I'll definitely check out your channel. Once you get it up, remember to edit your post so you can apply the link for everyone else who might happen to come to this topic.

I make retrospective reviews on YouTube based around 6th Gen gaming and in particular the original Xbox. The videos are similar to what you see of JonTron or AVGN but I am trying to bring my own style to it. Yet I don't want to be a copycat of any kind *cough*Irate Gamer*cough*. My first video is the process of being made, make sure to subscribe if you are interested (link is in my signature)