• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Destiny 2 review. Kept ya waiting huh? :D

21 posts in this topic

I never had Fruity Pebbles before....... maybe I should get one.

Well, history has repeat itself. Luckily for me, I can wait for the PC version AND for the GOTY with all dlcs included for this game. Or wait for the game to turn Trial free mode. I just played Destiny for free last week, so I can wait a year or two. :) 

Yayy, he's back! People can lower their pitchforks now!

Honestly, I'm actually glad this game turned out like this. Makes me proud to be a Warframe player :3

Kaz32 likes this

I have literally been holding off on listening to anything related to Destiny 2.
As a Day 1 player of the first Destiny, I saw first hand how the game so many had so much hope for was slowly ruined and turned into the mess that it is today. Vanilla Destiny was good, but the game was just...lacking in so much. And that basically defines the entire franchise at this point. Just a damn shame.

I was first introduced to Joe's channel with his previous Destiny Review. Became a fan ever since. Its rare to come across a game reviewer who is actually honest and tells it like it is.

Ever since this review was posted, I've been finding myself getting into arguments with people in the youtube comments. I try to ignore it, but the sort of mental gymnastics they do to justify their blatant bullshit just drives me nuts. I mean seriously, some of the crap these people say;
"Joe is a liar!"
How is anything he said in the review a lie?
"Joe didn't even play the Raid!"
He did experience the Raid... And regardless, why the hell is the Raid so crucially important like it could somehow magically invalidate any and all negative points being presented about the rest of the game? O_o
"Oh, this just isn't Joe's kind of game."
...How do you even know that? How does him having a negative opinion about the game automatically translate to that? So anyone who doesn't give the game a high score are only doing so because its just "not their kind of game"?

Its friggen daffy. Its like the people who try to say "Oh man! Destiny 2 is a whole new game!"
Delrith hit the nail on the head with that during his rant on the Twitch stream, its not some whole new experience.

There is one thing I would have liked Joe to touch on as well, which would have been the fact that Bungie literally swept EVERYTHING OF INTEREST from the original game under the rug.
Sooooooooooooooo many people wanted to actually travel into and explore the Last City. There was so much potential with it. Interactive NPCs, Player Housing, Shopping District to open up the possibilities for items and crafting, a Recreation Center (Something akin to like the Gold Saucer from FF7 where you could spend Glimmer to play Arcade Games, possibly even some of Bungie's older games like Oni or Marathon, Sparrow Racing simulator, etc.), CLAN HALLS (Different spaces you can spend Glimmer on to buy and fully customize for you and your Clan Members to access and hang out in to actually socialize), interactive benches and seats for you to actually sit on like a normal person, etc. SO MUCH that people were wanting to see done with the Last City.
And what does Bungie do? THEY DESTROY THE WHOLE THING!

Or what about the Speaker?
Everyone was waiting for him to actually explain shit to us. The original story for Destiny written by Joseph Staten even had the Speaker as being a central character and hinted at him being a primary antagonist for the plot. It was supposed to be a huge deal. Again, so much potential to be had there.
And what does Bungie do? THEY KILL HIM OFF LIKE ITS NOTHING! You don't even care that he's dead, either. His death is so meaningless because they did NOTHING to actually establish his character. Its the same damn thing with the Awoken Queen apparently getting killed in Taken King right at the start. I mean seriously?

First they butcher Joseph Staten's masterpiece and then they just gradually kill off and destroy all the remaining fragments of his story.
Destiny was meant to be so much more than it turned out to be. Its a damn shame.

Thank God for Anthem...

Kaz32, DoctorEvil, Rain and 1 other like this

@Malphisto Anthem is definitely a chance for Bioware and EA to learn from Activision's and Bungie's mistakes. EA have listend to fans and resulted in games like Titanfall improving allot for the sequel. However, they'll probably just see the amount of money Destiny and Destiny 2 make and do the same shit. Still hoping, though.

Malphisto likes this

To correct some lore first, The Queen is actually alive but is MIA. Bungie even has confirmed this.

Also I know no one who wanted the Speaker to stay alive, in fact they praise the Cabal for killing him actually so I don't think any character development for him would change that.

Also why do people think Anthem will be the messiah? Shouldn't we be more cautious on Anthem because of games like Destiny and the Division which is seems to copy. I don't deny it looks interesting but at the same time we shouldn't be hyping it or thanking 'god' for a game we know pretty much nothing on.

As for the review, while not watching it I have seen posts listing the major points both positive and negative. I disagree with some (personally I enjoy Failsafe and wish I could switch her snarky wit with dull Nolan-bot). Also I fall into the camp that really he has no base to critique the raid when he didn't even play it and just comes with his conclusion from someone else footage. To compare to the extreme it would be as if he did a review of a game he never played but watched someone else play it and then came up with his view on the game. Just my opinion on that. It doesn't discredit his other points, he is right on those.

Also, a bit off topic but I can't take Del serious because from what I understand he was a bit of an ahole to anyone who liked the first game even slightly. Plus it seems any game he plays, he constantly nitpicks, even games that are pretty good. But that is a topic for another time.

-

At the end of the day I guess what I'm try to say is, I agree with the score AND that we should be cautious with Bioware's Anthem and not hype it.

Crazycrab likes this

1 hour ago, argetlam350 said:

Also why do people think Anthem will be the messiah? Shouldn't we be more cautious on Anthem because of games like Destiny and the Division which is seems to copy. I don't deny it looks interesting but at the same time we shouldn't be hyping it or thanking 'god' for a game we know pretty much nothing on.

At the end of the day I guess what I'm try to say is, I agree with the score AND that we should be cautious with Bioware's Anthem and not hype it.

I'm not hyped for Anthem......  In fact I feel like I barely know anything about it.

I wasn't on the hype train for Destiny 2 either although I did have allot of fun with the first one.  When I tried the BETA it didn't really seem to work properly for me.  I might pick up either Anthem or Destiny 2 at some point but not both.

Kaz32 likes this

I'm content with my Taken King at this point. With what I already knew, Joe's review and Malphisto's rundown of Destiny 2 I'm not even considering burning $60+ on a new "DLC" that will just get more DLC over the next few years.

6 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

There is actually a LOT of reason to trust the hype for Anthem, honestly.

The circumstances and scenario relating to Anthem has a lot of parallels to that of Destiny back when Joseph Staten was still involved with it. That was back when the original story of the game was still intact and the original "vision" for the game was still there. It was that vision which generated soooooo much hype along with the fact that you had Bungie, a well established champion developer which had really made its mark with the Halo series, a game that literally revolutionized the genre. Much of Destiny's success is owed to the Bungie Brand being stamped on it.

But as we eventually learned, before the game's release there were multiple red flags happening behind the scenes. The execs at Bungie had decided Joseph Staten's story was somehow too linear and complex for the kind of audience they were looking to target. The original masterpiece that had been created was subsequently butchered along with various chunks being torn out and put aside only to be repackaged as "DLC" (Dark Below and House of Wolves) and sold separately. Its the exact same setup as what we see with Destiny 2. The ending of the game's story missions followed by the EXACT same aggressive marketing included in the game's case trying to sell players ANOTHER "Expansion Pass" that is just waaaaaay too similar to what happened last time.

Now, many of the former Bungie Dev Team have either quit the company or have been fired. Luke Smith has risen up the ranks and has taken full advantage of that whole situation to elevate his position within the company. (I friggen hate that guy...)

HOWEVER... Anthem has been pooling together the creative talents of legendary writers from BioWare history;

Just like Bungie, BioWare is also one those studios that have achieved a sort of Legendary status with a large following of fans. And while the recent Mass Effect game had serious issues, we now know that the reasons for this were because it didn't actually have BioWare's full attention, as most of the studio's resources and efforts have been going into the creation of Anthem. (Likewise, Mass Effect 3 was supposed to be the end) Also, Anthem has the added benefit of being able to learn from the mistakes of Destiny and use the feedback from that community to help improve and properly charter the direction for their development along with other games such as Warframe.
People wanted to be able to fly in Destiny?
Boom, people can fly in Anthem.
People love the underwater sections in Warframe?
Boom, people can go underwater in Anthem.
People wanted to enjoy exploring in Destiny?
Boom, people can go exploring in Anthem AND be rewarded for it. (Its actually encouraged)
People wanted more weapon diversity in Destiny?
Boom, we obviously see that confirmed in Anthem with one guy rocking a Mortar Launcher and the other showing off a friggen Multi-Missile Launcher.
People wanted better graphics for Destiny?
Boom, Anthem looks hella good.

And while a lot of what went wrong with Destiny can be argued that most of the blame can be attributed to Activision, BioWare has been dealing with EA for years now. Does EA factor into this? Yes, but for the most part the publisher doesn't impact or restrict BioWare's creative freedoms. The most we can see in terms of involvement is EA imposing micro-transactions in their multiplayer aspects. That's about it. And it seems as though BioWare has control over what is or isn't put in said micros. Whereas with Destiny, that shit started off in the Taken King expansion and has progressive become much worse. (So many people in the community protested micros in Destiny...but there were so many trying to defend that shit that now those micros have become a permanent fixture in the game...)

But on that note, another thing to keep in mind is that it is abundantly clear that EA has been making power plays against Activision lately. We saw this with the release of Battlefield 1 in which DICE straight up directly challenged COD. Now we see Anthem coming in heavy, fully loaded and looking to directly challenge Destiny. And when companies compete against one another, the customers are the ones who always benefit the most. Which is why I say thank God for Anthem, because another main reason so much shit has been allowed to happen with Destiny is due to the lack of serious competition in the market place. So even for people who aren't all that interested in the game and are hardcore Destiny players? Anthem can only mean good things for Destiny as well, because Bungie/Activision are going to end up having to compete for your attention and money, which means the Destiny Community will actually have some real influence finally instead of the illusion of being cared about.

Rain and Shagger like this

9 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

Anthem is definitely a chance for Bioware and EA to learn from Activision's and Bungie's mistakes. EA have listend to fans and resulted in games like Titanfall improving allot for the sequel. However, they'll probably just see the amount of money Destiny and Destiny 2 make and do the same shit. Still hoping, though.

2 hours ago, Malphisto said:

There is actually a LOT of reason to trust the hype for Anthem, honestly.

The circumstances and scenario relating to Anthem has a lot of parallels to that of Destiny back when Joseph Staten was still involved with it. That was back when the original story of the game was still intact and the original "vision" for the game was still there. It was that vision which generated soooooo much hype along with the fact that you had Bungie, a well established champion developer which had really made its mark with the Halo series, a game that literally revolutionized the genre. Much of Destiny's success is owed to the Bungie Brand being stamped on it.

But as we eventually learned, before the game's release there were multiple red flags happening behind the scenes. The execs at Bungie had decided Joseph Staten's story was somehow too linear and complex for the kind of audience they were looking to target. The original masterpiece that had been created was subsequently butchered along with various chunks being torn out and put aside only to be repackaged as "DLC" (Dark Below and House of Wolves) and sold separately. Its the exact same setup as what we see with Destiny 2. The ending of the game's story missions followed by the EXACT same aggressive marketing included in the game's case trying to sell players ANOTHER "Expansion Pass" that is just waaaaaay too similar to what happened last time.

Now, many of the former Bungie Dev Team have either quit the company or have been fired. Luke Smith has risen up the ranks and has taken full advantage of that whole situation to elevate his position within the company. (I friggen hate that guy...)

HOWEVER... Anthem has been pooling together the creative talents of legendary writers from BioWare history;

Just like Bungie, BioWare is also one those studios that have achieved a sort of Legendary status with a large following of fans. And while the recent Mass Effect game had serious issues, we now know that the reasons for this were because it didn't actually have BioWare's full attention, as most of the studio's resources and efforts have been going into the creation of Anthem. (Likewise, Mass Effect 3 was supposed to be the end) Also, Anthem has the added benefit of being able to learn from the mistakes of Destiny and use the feedback from that community to help improve and properly charter the direction for their development along with other games such as Warframe.
People wanted to be able to fly in Destiny?
Boom, people can fly in Anthem.
People love the underwater sections in Warframe?
Boom, people can go underwater in Anthem.
People wanted to enjoy exploring in Destiny?
Boom, people can go exploring in Anthem AND be rewarded for it. (Its actually encouraged)
People wanted more weapon diversity in Destiny?
Boom, we obviously see that confirmed in Anthem with one guy rocking a Mortar Launcher and the other showing off a friggen Multi-Missile Launcher.
People wanted better graphics for Destiny?
Boom, Anthem looks hella good.

And while a lot of what went wrong with Destiny can be argued that most of the blame can be attributed to Activision, BioWare has been dealing with EA for years now. Does EA factor into this? Yes, but for the most part the publisher doesn't impact or restrict BioWare's creative freedoms. The most we can see in terms of involvement is EA imposing micro-transactions in their multiplayer aspects. That's about it. And it seems as though BioWare has control over what is or isn't put in said micros. Whereas with Destiny, that shit started off in the Taken King expansion and has progressive become much worse. (So many people in the community protested micros in Destiny...but there were so many trying to defend that shit that now those micros have become a permanent fixture in the game...)

But on that note, another thing to keep in mind is that it is abundantly clear that EA has been making power plays against Activision lately. We saw this with the release of Battlefield 1 in which DICE straight up directly challenged COD. Now we see Anthem coming in heavy, fully loaded and looking to directly challenge Destiny. And when companies compete against one another, the customers are the ones who always benefit the most. Which is why I say thank God for Anthem, because another main reason so much shit has been allowed to happen with Destiny is due to the lack of serious competition in the market place. So even for people who aren't all that interested in the game and are hardcore Destiny players? Anthem can only mean good things for Destiny as well, because Bungie/Activision are going to end up having to compete for your attention and money, which means the Destiny Community will actually have some real influence finally instead of the illusion of being cared about.

Well, we'll have to wait and find out! When I look at the game, it's pretty much a third person shooter Diablo loot game, well, with Mass Effect combat that is. It might work well so fingers crossed it'll be good.

Buuuuuuuuut, with all this talk about Destiny and Anthem, aren't we forgetting a little game that's done what those 2 games did, but with no paid dlcs and expansion packs, it has improved ginormouosly since its launch with EXTREME regular content uploads which has an excellent lore & twists in the story, something that Destiny can't even do right, and it's free to play with optional microtransaction?

On 9/18/2017 at 4:27 PM, Cyborg-Rox said:

Honestly, I'm actually glad this game turned out like this. Makes me proud to be a Warframe player :3

There ya go.

Not to mention, the newest update is coming soon, and it'll be glorious.

I'm gonna wreck shit up in this world with my Archwing + Ash and Volt combo beyatch!! :)

Cyborg-Rox likes this

5 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

Not to mention, the newest update is coming soon, and it'll be glorious.

I'm gonna wreck shit up in this world with my Archwing + Ash and Volt combo beyatch!! :)

Man, I can't wait! This could be the greatest update in the game's history! Might even take Update 14's place as my new favorite update c:

Kaz32 likes this

4 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Man, I can't wait! This could be the greatest update in the game's history! Might even take Update 14's place as my new favorite update c:

A lot of the game's update is the greatest in the game's history when they came out. I remember when the Archwing update was released and I was like "OH SHIET, YOU CAN FLY IN SPACE AND DO DOGFIGHTS??" And when the Second Dream update was released and I was like "HOLY SHIET!!! WHAT A FREAKING TWIST!!!"

The only way for the next update to top this is to have a seamless planet to space travel like No Man's Sky, and maybe have an epic space dogfight, or even a space battle with giant battleships, all seamless with no loading required. OH MAN I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE!

10 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

A lot of the game's update is the greatest in the game's history when they came out. I remember when the Archwing update was released and I was like "OH SHIET, YOU CAN FLY IN SPACE AND DO DOGFIGHTS??" And when the Second Dream update was released and I was like "HOLY SHIET!!! WHAT A FREAKING TWIST!!!"

The only way for the next update to top this is to have a seamless planet to space travel like No Man's Sky, and maybe have an epic space dogfight, or even a space battle with giant battleships, all seamless with no loading required. OH MAN I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE!

For me, nothing's topped Update 14's total facelift of the whole game, with player ships, UI rework, and the introduction of quests and Vor's Prize. Specters Of The Rail came close (yes, I count that as a separate update, otherwise just "U19" would've beat it for sure), but this update really might be it.

However, we should probably stop derailing this topic any further. If you wanna go on you can PM me instead c:

15 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

However, we should probably stop derailing this topic any further. If you wanna go on you can PM me instead c:

Meh. What's there to say about Destiny 2 that hasn't been said already? It's pretty much an expansion pack than a sequel. It'll take the GOTY edition with every updates and new game features provided to make the game worthwhile. We might not need Destiny 3 to actually fight the Darkness or see who is inside the Traveler if that thing is actually a giant alien ship! But knowing Bungie and their Halos...... we'll have to finish the fight in the third game. Well, fingers crossed and let's hope for the best.

But no amount of updates and expansion packs for Destiny can beat Warframe. It's truly a game that keeps on growing and giving, and the sky is pretty much the limit. 

So I'm noticing this growing trend of very obvious clickbait videos cropping up on youtube in regards to Joe's Destiny 2 Review. Each one seems to be drawing from the same source; Reddit. Apparently, the legion of Desticles who can't seem to handle any sort of criticism, have been driving this campaign to establish a false narrative that Joe apparently "lied." At no point do they actually contest any of the points he presents in the review. They would rather try and attack his credibility instead. I actually got into it with one of the youtubers who were doing this and holy crap... It was literally impossible. He began ignoring what I was saying and cherry picking random sentences of mine to respond to instead while just persisting to repeat himself over and over again.

Seems like the "core" of their case against him is that they're trying to say he gave Destiny 2 a low score because the Raid was "hard." Note, he NEVER said that shit was hard. He called it tedious. Its a chore. Del even stated that the Vault of Glass was far superior by comparison. And when I pointed that out to the guy my comments were promptly deleted. That's how badly some of these people desperately want to cling to their delusions.

I know it really shouldn't surprise me. Ever since The Taken King released, the greater Destiny Community went ahead and gave Bungie/Activision a free pass on all the issues with the game that were still present and simply just being ignored. And when Bungie first introduced the micro-transactions along with it, a large chunk of the community were going out of their way to make excuses for it. I completely left the community roughly over a year ago, seeing just how toxic it had become with a lot of the more level-headed players having long since moved on to other games and greener pastures. At that time, Reddit had more or less transformed into an echo chamber where any negative opinions were voted down into oblivion and any dissenters were ganged up on. So it makes sense that Reddit would likewise be the source of this nonsense.

I dunno. It still drives me friggen nuts. The game will never improve with that sort of close minded, "Bungie can do no wrong" mentality they've fostered over there.

22 hours ago, Malphisto said:

So I'm noticing this growing trend of very obvious clickbait videos cropping up on youtube in regards to Joe's Destiny 2 Review. Each one seems to be drawing from the same source; Reddit. Apparently, the legion of Desticles who can't seem to handle any sort of criticism, have been driving this campaign to establish a false narrative that Joe apparently "lied." At no point do they actually contest any of the points he presents in the review. They would rather try and attack his credibility instead. I actually got into it with one of the youtubers who were doing this and holy crap... It was literally impossible. He began ignoring what I was saying and cherry picking random sentences of mine to respond to instead while just persisting to repeat himself over and over again.

Seems like the "core" of their case against him is that they're trying to say he gave Destiny 2 a low score because the Raid was "hard." Note, he NEVER said that shit was hard. He called it tedious. Its a chore. Del even stated that the Vault of Glass was far superior by comparison. And when I pointed that out to the guy my comments were promptly deleted. That's how badly some of these people desperately want to cling to their delusions.

I know it really shouldn't surprise me. Ever since The Taken King released, the greater Destiny Community went ahead and gave Bungie/Activision a free pass on all the issues with the game that were still present and simply just being ignored. And when Bungie first introduced the micro-transactions along with it, a large chunk of the community were going out of their way to make excuses for it. I completely left the community roughly over a year ago, seeing just how toxic it had become with a lot of the more level-headed players having long since moved on to other games and greener pastures. At that time, Reddit had more or less transformed into an echo chamber where any negative opinions were voted down into oblivion and any dissenters were ganged up on. So it makes sense that Reddit would likewise be the source of this nonsense.

I dunno. It still drives me friggen nuts. The game will never improve with that sort of close minded, "Bungie can do no wrong" mentality they've fostered over there.

You can't reason with them. It's like I said before: 

always block youtube comments, and never take the baits. That place is infested with complete morons that spews whatever they want. Best to just ignore them to avoid headaches. I guess Reddit is another one of those places.

And another thing, so what if they're that adamant on defending the game? If they like the game that much, then let them like it. People will see that them defending the game to that extent is fucking dumb anyway considering that the game does have those flaws. Just see them as one of those zombie infectees, and us as the survivors. Too late to cure them, we'll just have to move on and be the better people.

Malphisto likes this

Nothing good will come out of defending what Joe says regardless of what facts you use. For one, Joe never asks anyone to stand up for him and once you get involved in those discussions you're doing it for yourself. As Kaz said there's no reasoning with them, they are set in their ways and just looking for the next person to argue with.

To everyone that feels the need to defend Joe (mostly the newer members):

You are not asked nor expected to defend Joe but if you do, do so at your own discretion and be prepared for the personal backlash you may receive from those people. Also note you are not helping Joe in any way by joining that crowd and only prolonging the never ending argument of the quality of his content. My advice, let the randoms not associated with AJSA do all that, we're here to enjoy gaming and conversation not get into a verbal fight on YouTube or Reddit.

Kaz32 and Legolas_Katarn like this

To be fair, I don't tell these people that I'm with the AJSA cause its really none of their business anyways. My issue and why I end up feeling compelled to argue back, stems from the sheer ridiculousness of the allegations being presented rather than wanting to specifically defend Joe. But you and Kaz are right, it is a colossal waste of time and no one should be spending the energy fighting with those nimrods, myself included.

I just hate having to accept it. I would like to believe that everyone can be reasonable enough to have a civil debate without it devolving into an exercise in futility... -_-

7 hours ago, Malphisto said:

I just hate having to accept it. I would like to believe that everyone can be reasonable enough to have a civil debate without it devolving into an exercise in futility... -_-

I feel ya man. That's what I thought too, until youtube proved that civil debate is only a 2% chance of success. That's why I use youtube comment blocker since 2013, and it has made navigating youtube 1000% more peaceful and happy ever since without needing to worry about some notification from some asshole that replied to my message over something. 

Comment Blocker? Could I have the link to download that?

3 hours ago, Malphisto said:

Comment Blocker? Could I have the link to download that?

It's called Hide Youtube Comments. It's an extension to your web browser. If you use mozilla firefox or chrome, go to the app section and get the comment blocker. And other things if you want too.

I have a youtube comment blcoker too that works very well, and not just for youtube coments. It's called ignore shit. How it works is I ignore shit. The kinda shit that I want to ignore.

Malphisto likes this