• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

New game coming from Forza Horizon dev team. Interesting!

9 posts in this topic

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2017/11/23/forza-horizon-devs-secret-new-game-is-an-open-world-action-rpg

It won't be a Forza Horizon racing game for a change, but an open world action rpg titled Project 2 for now. And people who worked on MGS V Phantom Pain, GTA V and even Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice are brought in to make this game. Will it be awesome and bring something new and exciting to the open world action rpg genre? And can it compete with other upcoming open world games like Red Dead Redemption 2, Cyberpunk 2077 and buttload of others? Who the fuck knows. But fingers crossed that it will be sweet!

Crazycrab likes this

Well if Guerrilla can make the leap from the liner/multiplayer FPS franchise Killzone to the Open World Action RPG Horizon Zero Dawn and legitimately compete with some of the very best games in that genre I have no reason to doubt that the Playground guys can't do it either.  Especially when you consider that they have already hooked up with former DICE, Konami, Rockstar North and Ninja Theory developers!  I know it's early days but I'm going to side with optimism on this one!

I am wondering if it will be an XBox exclusive like Forza Horizon or multi platform?  Microsoft have to at least be considering publishing this.  Lets face it, they need some fucking games!

Open world genre feels pretty stagnant so hopefully these kind of team could blow fresh air to this genre. I have very high hopes for CDPR + Cyberpunk 2077 to do so since they have spend good amount of time to build a single player open world game. TW3 was a great game but still pretty straightforward action RPG just like TW games before it.

Please no exclusive games unless there is technical reasons for it ...

12 hours ago, Doctor said:

Please no exclusive games unless there is technical reasons for it ...

I know exclusives wined many gamer's (PC players in particular) up but the fact is they are necessary to keep a balanced and competitive market.  When every game is made available for every piece of hardware what you end up with is this........

mobile-games-67024.jpg

A flooded market full of the same copy and paste garbage that offers little to no incentive to innovate, deliver quality products and egregious practices are free to run completely out of control.  Open markets can be a blessing at times but they are also a curse and even Stream shares many of these same problems with asset flippers and scammers being able to use it as well as some just terrible unfinished games.

I'm not saying that closed markets are fully impenetrable to this sort of thing (look at Life of Black Tiger on PSN) but it is way more difficult for them to slip trough the cracks and not be called out.  The disadvantage of course is that publishing in a closed market is more difficult and usually more expensive.  Consumers will likely choose buy their products on the open market because they have more choice and publishers would naturally follow them there unless they have some incentive to go for the closed one with the main with incentive being of course..... exclusive products and services!

"PC Master Race" types like to believe that all games should be published on PC merely because it's technicality possible due to the better hardware, but that is a completely ignorant and one sided analysis.  You yourself Doctor seemed to be backing this up by saying technical limitations are the only valid excuse for exclusivity, but this is simply not the case and you should know better.  You might say exclusives are evil but they are a necessary evil because the truth is a fully open market would destroy this industry like it almost did in 1983 when we where in a situation where anybody and their dog could make and sell a game on the Atari 2600.

So if these developers made the decision to continue their prevoius and for the most part successful business relationship with Microsoft making this game exclusive to XBox and Windows 10 platforms, I wouldn't mind.  From a selfish standpoint I would of course prefer to have the option to buy the game on Steam or PSN as well but I'm not going to be hypocritical if they chose an exclusivity deal because I get why it is necessary. 

Doctor and Shagger like this

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

"PC Master Race" types like to believe that all games should be published on PC merely because it's technicality possible due to the better hardware, but that is a completely ignorant and one sided analysis.

You have many good points although I'm still not convinced about need of exclusive games just to keep some platforms alive.

It is not just PC (Linux, Windows, etc.) I would like to see all games be ported to but I think similar way with devices I don't own or be interested in like for example Nintendo's consoles. I would like to see all possible games ported for their consoles too. Mobile devices are not an exception either - it was great to see Baldur's Gates ported for mobile devices.

I don't think hardware just in performance point of view but controllers as well. For example I wouldn't expect game developed for Nintendo 2DS would be ported to devices with only one screen. Same with the Kinect and other special HW requirements. It has been good to see some developers are developing different UIs depending of controller a player is using. Another aspect is that I think it is important that developers are able to publish patches without validation. If they are not able to I don't expect the game be ported to those platforms.

I'm a huge fan on open platforms and huge amount of "bad games" is small price to pay for that since there is huge amount of good games coming steadily as well and users has control over their gaming devices. Gaming sites like indiedb.com, crowdfunding projects, etc. are very important to me and has changes my way and view of gaming for better.

Crazycrab likes this

54 minutes ago, Doctor said:

You have many good points although I'm still not convinced about need of exclusive games just to keep some platforms alive.

It is not just PC (Linux, Windows, etc.) I would like to see all games be ported to but I think similar way with devices I don't own or be interested in like for example Nintendo's consoles. I would like to see all possible games ported for their consoles too. Mobile devices are not an exception either - it was great to see Baldur's Gates ported for mobile devices.

I don't think hardware just in performance point of view but controllers as well. For example I wouldn't expect game developed for Nintendo 2DS would be ported to devices with only one screen. Same with the Kinect and other special HW requirements. It has been good to see some developers are developing different UIs depending of controller a player is using. Another aspect is that I think it is important that developers are able to publish patches without validation. If they are not able to I don't expect the game be ported to those platforms.

I'm a huge fan on open platforms and huge amount of "bad games" is small price to pay for that since there is huge amount of good games coming steadily as well and users has control over their gaming devices. Gaming sites like indiedb.com, crowdfunding projects, etc. are very important to me and has changes my way and view of gaming for better.

I'm just gonna say there's a reason why port begging and anti-exclusive chatter on gaming comes almost exclusively from PC players, and it has nothing to do with a belief of exclusives being "anti-consumer". It's because, whilst the PC has undeniably tons of games you cant play anywhere else, the vast majority of them are god awful and no same human being would willingly waste thier money nor thier time on them. PC fanboys don't like to admit this simple truth, so instead they keep making claims exclusives are bad for gaming. Either that or $300 is apparently "to expensive" when thier graphics cards alone probly cost twice that much (no kidding, I have literally seen that said). What your talking about is sound in theory, but the it would allow the fatal spread of a disease knon as Steam's low standards soead to all the vital organs. All because some entilted, selfish, childish people aren't willing to shell out $300 for a system that can play HZD, Bloodbourn, Gravity Rush 1 and 2, TLOU, Uncharted and other great games because thier "beyond that peasantry"! Seriously, there people need to grow up, put up or shut up.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm just gonna say there's a reason why port begging and anti-exclusive chatter on gaming comes almost exclusively from PC players, and it has nothing to do with a belief of exclusives being "anti-consumer". It's because, whilst the PC has undeniably tons of games you cant play anywhere else, the vast majority of them are god awful and no same human being would willingly waste thier money nor thier time on them. PC fanboys don't like to admit this simple truth, so instead they keep making claims exclusives are bad for gaming. Either that or $300 is apparently "to expensive" when thier graphics cards alone probly cost twice that much (no kidding, I have literally seen that said). What your talking about is sound in theory, but the it would allow the fatal spread of a disease knon as Steam's low standards soead to all the vital organs. All because some entilted, selfish, childish people aren't willing to shell out $300 for a system that can play HZD, Bloodbourn, Gravity Rush 1 and 2, TLOU, Uncharted and other great games because thier "beyond that peasantry"! Seriously, there people need to grow up, put up or shut up.

Seriously man I'm disappointed in you.   Despite PC an consoles being associated with open and closed markets respectively neither me or Doctor were a pro PC or pro console argument here.  What you posted was disrespectful, out of context and totally off topic.  What makes it even worse is that both open and closed markets exist on PC and have existed on consoles in the past so all your points trying to pull this into some kind of "console vs PC" debacle are completely irreverent anyway!

3 hours ago, Doctor said:

That is certainly true, consoles manufactures and Nintendo in particular have always tried experimented with unique hardware ideas and designed games to match.  Granted these have has varying degrees of success (mostly fails if were being completely honest).  I will admit that wasn't really at the forefront of my mind made that post and that kind of out of the box thinking is something I do encourage even when it makes it somewhat difficult if not impossible to play on certain platforms or devices.  Look at Pokémon Go (whether you like it or not) was published on open market but was still designed specifically for certain hardware and you certainly couldn't play it on a home console or PC.

I do still maintain that exclusives and closed markets serve a purpose.  Don't get me wrong open markets serve a purpose to but the presence of both is required.  Without the closed market as I mentioned it would stagnate and be flooded with every creep and freak trying to cash in on it.  Without the open market the big publishers with deep pockets would be allowed to do whatever they want.  In both of these scenarios the ultimate losers would be us.

Now let's get this back on topic shall we?

It would make sense for Microsoft to buy this new IP because of the success of PlayStation exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us.  If there is one thing they need it is their own 3rd person RPG to rival the likes of those.  The team that they have brought in as well as their own expertise is definitely tailed towards open world and action games so I look forward to what they come up with here.

So................. how has the discussion about a potential game coming from the makers of Forza Horizon turn into another PC VS Console war again?  confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Well in any case, most likely this game will be Microsoft exclusive. And that means only one thing: I'll potentially buy the game through the PC Microsoft store, since nowadays a lot of Microsoft games are available for PC and Xbox One. Unless the game is Xbox One exclusive in which case we'll just have to see if it's the game that will bring Xbox One back up from their slumber. Regardless, I hope the game will end up being good.

Just don't put loot crate system into this game, this will already be guaranteed 50% success over any EA games.