• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Volco

PC Upgrade help!

9 posts in this topic

I'm wanting to upgrade my pc as its probably 4-5 years old. I already have a new case.

I'm thinking I can keep my HDD and power supply (ARK 600w max out not sure if thats good enough)to save money?

Here is the build I want 

https://secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/SharedWishlistDetail?ID=IYa%2fLYTbxNw%3d

Open to any suggestions or if you see anything that looks wrong or is missing please le me know

Thank you!

Volco

Processor does not match the board. Has to be LGA-1151 Processor that will work with the motherboard. 600 watts should be enough. I would recommend a fully modular power supply. I have replaced mine with an EVGA supernova 750 watt fully modular power supply.

I will have to check out that power supply. So, should I pick a different processor or motherboard? and can you suggest one? I'm glad I asked as I'm not super knowledgable in the area of building a PC.

I found this combo on the intenet that comes with the motherboard I have and an intel core i5 7600i Kaby Lake Quad Core processor LGA 1151.

19-117-728-Z01.jpg
1 x

You will need a cpu/heatsink fan for the processor and this one I'm recommending for you. Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. $30 on Newegg. They have one on their site by Corsair for $110. 850 watt fully modular design. Everything else you have in your cart is correct.

Alright thanks I will add both of those to the build. Do you know if this set up is dual monitor compatible and what kind of graphic settings I can expect? Like 1440p 60 fps etc? Sorry if these questions sound like they have obvious answers but I dont know lol.

What monitors do you have currently? The graphics card you have selected can have up to four displays. Unsure about the quality which sounds like 4k resolution. I will have to look on a site regarding what resolutions you can operate with a dual display setup

ah okay, currently my monitor is nothing special but I was hoping to upgrade to dual monitors.

If you are going to go for an Intel CPU go for something from the latest Coffee Lake range or an AMD Ryzen.  DO NOT buy a Kaby Lake, the upgrade path is effectively over.

As for GPU don't sweat to much about multiple monitors because it makes minimal to no difference for FPS.

Buy based on budget and the performance you are looking for.  If you want advice on that or the CPU feel free to ask me and be rest assured you will an unbiased answer.