• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crafterman1

PC gaming computers

9 posts in this topic

I need the help from the angry army i am getting into PC gaming but i need a new pc can any one help me to build a gaming pc for 1000 dollars all i need is suggestions of parts or finished build. This can also help other people that want to get into PC that are in the army.

if you want to talk kontakt me on steam.

This is what I did and spent less than 1000 dollars. I looked up a decent HP desktop (mine is HP Pavilion p7-1003w) which costed me 550 dollars (plus 200 for monitor). Then I bought a power supply for 40 dollars and a graphic card of your choice (ATM i have GTX 760 which costed 250 dollars). So that makes it 550 + 40 + 250. A roughly 850 dollars. I run nearly any game at max settings (I just got the 760. I used to have a 550 Ti and had few lags on open world game at max settings. So far with GTX 760, no lag what's so ever, but I haven't try all my games on it yet). I hope this helps  :)

If you've never built your own PC before are not comfortable doing it, it's easy enough to just buy  a pre-built gaming rig online these days.  Just go to newegg.com or tigerdirect.com and go to their Gaming PCs section.  There are plenty of good systems in the $1000 range.

If you do want to build your own PC within a budget some research will be involved.  There are a number of things to consider including:

- Air or liquid cooling?  Liquid will keep your system cooler, but is generally more difficult to set up.  If you go with air, you need a large chasis with lots of ventilation and either lots of fans or lots places to install fans.

- Make sure your motherboard, CPU, and RAM are all compatible.  You usually buy these three items bundled together online.  Also, decide which add-on cards you're going to install and make sure your motherboard can support them.  I didn't get a good look at my mobo and found out later that the only PCI-e slot available for an add-on sound card was rendered inaccessible by a large heat sink.  I was pissed.

- Make sure your power supply has enough power and the right connectors to power all of your hardware.  Most power supplies these days have plenty of power and are modular in design, so this probably won't be a problem.

- Decide on which type of hard drives you want to use, how many and how to configure them.  Solid state are extremely fast, but getting a lot of storage space on SSD drives is expensive.  I currently use a 3 disk set up.  I have an SSD for my operating system, another SSD for my games, and a standard magnetic hard drive for media storage and the swap file.

- What kind of network do you have at home?  Will you be able to plug a network cable into your PC where it will sit, or do you need to get a wireless card?

- What other additional hardware do you need?  Are you going to need to buy a monitor, keyboard and mouse or do you already have some that are sufficient?

I don't have any recommendations for specific pieces of hardware.  I researched every component of my current PC individually and bought the one that best fit my needs in terms of performance and price.   I've found that opinions on one brand vs. another are many and varied.  I personally prefer the Intel Core series of CPUs.  Generally speaking I think nVidia video cards are better for gaming, but they also tend to require more power and generate more heat than their ATI/Radeon counterparts.  nVidia has focused more on raw power while ATI has pursued more efficiency with their chip sets.  You can do some interesting things with nVidia cards though.  If you get a really nice one to use as your primary card, you can get a cheaper one to put in a secondary slot and then configure the second card to handle all PhysX processing.  Just as long as the cheap, secondary card actually supports PhysX.   Both nVidia and Radeon offer the ability to bridge multiple video cards together and combine their processing power, but it may not be worth it depending on the quality of cards you get.  Stringing together a set of cheap cards may not get you as much performance as just buying a single more powerful card.

Sern likes this

Yes, do not go into this decision and buy the first piece of equipment that looks flashy and nice. Make sure that you have a basic understanding of what each piece does before you attempt to slap it into your machine, and then hear a click and wonder why it's not working. This is a very delicate and time consuming thing, especially for your first computer. It's definitely worth it, don't get me wrong. I built my own PC and I never have game issues, unless of course it's a coding error with the game or something like that. I can help if you need it, but I just want to say this. Do not rush into this because you want the best for the cheapest. You WILL get suckered that way. Just please be careful.

I currently have a GTX660TI OC Windforce, AMD FX-8350 Eight Core Processor, 8gb RAM and I got this for ~400$ ^^ (Sweden)

I can handle pretty much any game atm at highest with good FPS.

bought from Netonnet and inet.

this was great advice i will look into it but keep the advice coming you can never get too much advice

aRZNM4S.png

Newegg doesn't have a great way of sharing builds sadly. The best way is to email it to you so if you want me to do that just PM me your address. I also made the build public but the public wish lists on Newegg aren't working right now.

With the 128gb SSD it's 1,075 and without it's 930 USD. I wasn't sure if you were also in need of a keyboard and mouse. If so, just ditch the SSD and find the peripherals that best fit your preferences. Keep in mind that the SSDs are great for speeding up OS tasks and to put a few games on there that you know either have a lot of loading screens or the few that exist load slowly. Skyrim is a decent example because there's a loading screen for every instance. But if you're going to remove any of the hardware it should be the SSD as it is not necessary, just a nice addition.

Hardware List:

• Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0
  • Intel Core i5-4430 Haswell 3.0GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54430
  • ASUS H87-PRO LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
  • Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive
  • EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2765-KR GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card
  • ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
  • OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 Intel 4th Gen CPU Haswell and AMD Phenom
  • Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Seeing as I want to start building my PC next year this was a great question. I'll look into the builds everyone has shared and use them in the near future. Everyone is so helpful here, thanks guys.

Sern likes this