• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rojo_The_Great

Is Bethesda Making a Fallout MMO?

5 posts in this topic

As some of you may know, Bethesda has purchased the right from Interplay to make a MMO set in the Fallout universe. And seeing how Zenimax Online Studios has already made an Elder Scrolls MMO, I can see them developing a Fallout MMO in the not-so-distant future. Maybe at this time next year, there will be a new MMO for everyone to play. So go ahead and give me your thoughts on this matter. Do you guys want a new MMO or would you rather see them develop something else?

On the one hand, I think ESO has utterly failed at trying to compete at the same level of WoW or GW2. On the other hand, they might think that Fallout is niche enough that it could make money as an MMO without interrupting WoW's market share. 

The fact is that there is no "market share" for MMOs. Most players are loyal to the games they play or the companies that make them. Fallout Online will have to make its money on its own merits, not on whatever an Excel spreadsheet says.

That said, the relatively low effort of ESO seems to suggest that FOO will be a hot mess on release. I also kind of wonder how the game will play. Will it be action-heavy like Destiny, or will it try going back to its point-and-click roots? Who knows.

Rojo_The_Great likes this

10 minutes ago, Aquila said:

On the one hand, I think ESO has utterly failed at trying to compete at the same level of WoW or GW2. On the other hand, they might think that Fallout is niche enough that it could make money as an MMO without interrupting WoW's market share. 

The fact is that there is no "market share" for MMOs. Most players are loyal to the games they play or the companies that make them. Fallout Online will have to make its money on its own merits, not on whatever an Excel spreadsheet says.

That said, the relatively low effort of ESO seems to suggest that FOO will be a hot mess on release. I also kind of wonder how the game will play. Will it be action-heavy like Destiny, or will it try going back to its point-and-click roots? Who knows.

If they do then they clearly aren't looking very hard!  There are allot of post apocalyptic and/or survival MMO's like this out there, perhaps it's not as flooded as Fantasy but it's long way from "niche".

I personally don't see a Fallout MMO coming any time soon and I don't think I would welcome it either, Elder Scrolls and Fallout should stick to what they do best.

Fallout has  been great the way it has been. Making it a mmo is a recipe for disaster. The push for everything to be online play is ruining franchises "Gran Turismo Sport." Also look at final fantasy online and the elder scrolls, they ended up feeling like wow with a skin. They lost their own character. It's been an underwhelming year for gaming. Star wars battlefront 2, destiny 2, gran turismo sport, cod, all disappointments. The only games that I played that didn't disappoint were doom, fallout, witcher 3, diablo 3. Final fantasy 15 was on the fence. 

1 hour ago, TheStoopid1 said:

...The only games that I played that didn't disappoint were doom, fallout, witcher 3, diablo 3. Final fantasy 15 was on the fence. 

Im more or less with you on the rest of the post, although i did enfot FFXIV when i was playing, but can I just point out that with the possible exception of FFXV's DLC expantions, litterally none of those games came out this year.