• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Foxhart

Elite Dangerous tips and tricks guide

3 posts in this topic

So im starting this thread to help with any having problems with the controls, features and anything else with elite dangerous. Along with this i will be doing game nights to help those who want to learn or get better to do so. I'm not claiming to be an expert and there may be people with more expierence than myself and i encourage asking them as well. But, with what knowledge i do have i will share. If there are any topics you wish covered specifically or are confused on, leave a comment or message me in discord or xbox. Same screen name for both. 

RuneX likes this

For the first tip or lesson or whatever. 

1: supercruise- so this is always an area of frustration for alot of new players. So you have normal flight which is where you are during fights, salvaging, scanning objects, docking, etc. This is your ships normal flight without engaging your fsd. Supercruise is the mode that you will spend a bulk of your time in. Its the mode you use to travel around in various systems, navigate to stations and do the bulk of exploration and hunting in. The last is the jumping. Which is engaged when you are traveling to a new system. 

Supercruise is typically left without any hand holding. Which means the part of leaving to enter a destination is kinda left for you to figure out with most players trying to slow down and stop as they are trying to leave supercruise. Often over shooting and growing frustrated. 

So the trick i will tell you here is to simply dip straight down and then slow down as you pull up and into your spot instead of making a straight line for it. The reason i say this is your in space and propelling yourself forward at an insane rate. Hitting the breaks near your goal isnt going to do much and it will take alot more than slowing your speed down to actually stop you. So using the Inertia of a huge turn will provide you with the much needed resistance to come to a stop allowing you to be much closer to your target and able to have better control on your speed and distance. After that just bring both your speed and distance bars in the lower left coner into the blue are and allow the "safe to disengage" message to pop up in the center  and your good to go. 

RuneX likes this

So i dont update this as much as i should. A new tip will deal with bounty hunting. (My favorite job) so as far as bounty hunting goes here are a few recommendations and tips for when you start going down this path. 1) get the right ship! Cant stress how important this is. Taking something like a type 6 or a dolphin into a combat heavy job is a recipe for disaster. For those starting out, go for the viper or cobra. Eagles are complete garbage stay away from them. 2) interdictors are a neccesity not an option. If you cant pull someone out of supercruise then you will have a hard hunt ahead of you. 3) if your intending to hunt for long period of time, buy lasers not kinetic. Kinetic do alot more damage though so if its specific targets and nkt an overall blanket hunt they may prove much better at bringing down your target. But, only until your out of ammo... 4) if you have a bigger ship with a friend in it go for turreted weapons. This way whatever angle those bastards get to, they aint getting away from the onslaught. And finnaly 5) hunt with friends when possible. Taking on a big target by yourself wont be just hard but costly. Its best to be in a wing or friendly with local military who will be happy to lend you a hand. Just watch your shots... friendly npcs tend to turn violent when shot upon.