• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2018)

120 posts in this topic

New thread for 2018.

Let other AJSA members know what games you have finished this year. Post a few words about what you thought of the game, a longer review, a video review or footage, screenshots, etc. Feel free to discuss the games we've beaten or to talk to others about them. For a game to be considered beaten either finish the single player portion of the game or, for games without campaigns (MMOs, sports games, multiplayer only games, etc), play to a point where you have seen what the game has to offer. Not going to be counting DLCs as individual games (as that could get confusing) but feel free to post your thoughts on them as that is also the point of the thread. If it is an expansion that was sold separately or stand alone content like Shogun 2's Fall of the Samurai I will count that. Episodic games will count as one game, not a game per episode, but feel free to mention each one if you want to discuss each episode individually.

If you want to see what people thought of a certain game or see how many people have played it you can use the search function near the top right of the page and type in the game's title, just switch the search option to be for this topic.

I'll keep track of how many games we each have finished to see who has been playing the most and what our combined total is for the year.

Total Games Completed: 270

Games Completed By Member

Kaz32: 122

Legolas_Katarn: 115

Madfinnishgamer38: 17

MadDemon64: 16

AJSA Valkyrie: 1

Old Threads

Late 2015 (Completed 225)

2016 (Completed 626)

2017 (Completed 371)

Mladenius Maximus likes this

Let's start 2018 right!

1) NEKOPARA Vol. 0

Platform: PC

With this. I got this alongside 1 2 3 in a bundle. So expect the other 3 to come later.

Looks like Vol 0 is a prequel story before the rest of the Vol takes place. A cutesy VN about cat girls! Very. Very. Impulsive cat girls. One of the more "fanservicey" VN where nothing heartbreaking or depressing happen. It's all hunky dory here! Love the artstyle for the game. Very highly detailed 3D sprites, kind of like the 3DS Ace Attorney games.

2) hocus

Platform: iPhone

One of those optical illusion puzzles, but in this one you control a red box, and you have to do trial and errors to get the box to the red hole. Pretty relaxing game, and it gets complicated later on, as all these kinds of games do.

3) Submerged

A game that takes place after a great flood of some kind destroyed the world. You play as a girl who's accompanied by her sick and heavily injured little brother, and the whole game is just you exploring a city and getting 11 care packages that has the stuff needed to treat her weakass little brother + collectibles that explains what's going on in the world this game takes place in. 

It's...... quite boring actually. This game is what happens if an open world game like the Tomb Raider Reboot has no combat or conflict, and all you do is climb buildings to get an item. All you do in this game is use your boat and get the 11 buldings that has those care packages, climb a lot of walls to get to the care packages, repeat 10 more times, and then the game ends. The things you get from these care packages makes no sense. Like care package 1: bandage for tending your brother's wound. Then later on care package 7: the tool to sew the wound..... why can't these 2 be the same thing? 

On the plus side, the graphics looks nice, showing the destroyed world in pretty detail. The music is also soothing and relaxing. And thankfully the game ends happily, which I'm happy with.

Funny thing is this game is from the same developer as Epoch 1 + 2, a damn good Time Crisis esque shooters for the iPhone. And thanks to this game, I now know that they made this funky looking game

Hope the full version will be great.

Completed: Super Robot Wars V
Platform: PS4

Good battle animations with more detail than past games, makes use of more motion, backgrounds, pilot scenes. Character profiles and an archive of referenced events during conversations. Pilot ace unlock and unit bonuses when it has been upgraded enough help make pilots feel more unique, which is good for certain series where there are characters with very similar units. Bonta Kun stage is great. Some good music, but it gets repetitive for the length. First print had DLC promo code gives you a new scenario and two characters earlier and has them involved in the plot which would have expired if I had gotten it a few weeks later, so that sucks for people that buy the game now or later. Too easy, and I didn't even make use of the new system that lets you teach pilots any skills or rank up any abilities if you spend a new type of currency. Some translation errors, dialogue obviously given to the wrong person on screen, referring to skills by different names in unlock windows, referring to women as men a few times, a missing word every now and then, etc (not bad for the amount of text in these game though and for a more limited South Asian release). Game also really hates screenshots and videos, having a huge logo on the side of pictures and disabling the PS4 share feature entirely a few levels in.

4) Pixel Shinobi: Nine Demons of Mamoru

An early access game with a really good gameplay that I'm looking forward to seeing reach new heights when it goes to full version. It's like a 2D Tenchu, but more action heavy and have a lot of platforming segments + death traps to avoid. 

Currently there's 3 chapters to beat, each having 5 missions. You'll be facing evil samurais + bandits, as well as zombies and demons. The boss fights are all really good. Each battle are intense and challenging. Especially the 2nd boss where you're fighting a samurai and he blocks all your attacks unless you find an opening. Afterward the 3rd chapter, the game ends on a "work in progress" stage. I'm excited to see how this game will grow.

5) Deceit

Now this.... this is a fun multiplayer time. The premise is that there's 6 people trapped in a place. 4 are normal people, while 2 are infected. The goal of the infected is to kill all the normal people, while the goal of the normal people is to escape, and hopefully vote out the infected with a process of elimination. The Infected needs to drink from bloodbanks all over the map so they can transform into their beast form, but they must be careful not to be seen by the normal people. Distrust + mayhem + mindgames ensues!

I have so much fun playing as both infected and normal. You really need a microphone with you to communicate properly in this game, or else you won't be able to win your selected role. Well unless you're infected in which case, don't talk on the microphone to not blow your cover. Unless you're a really good liar. While I'm an infected, I don't talk & make sure to be as much of an innocent as I can, that is before the area goes dark and I can hunt the normals down! And while I'm an innocent, I communicate openly with every other members. 90% of the time they trusted me because I'm honest all the time, while 10% of the time they think I'm an infected, and it takes one of the infected players attacking me to finally convince them "sorry we're wrong this whole time!"

There were a couple of times though where I play as a normal, and then I stick with someone to not get picked off.... only to find out that person is an infected all along while I trusted him with all the items + weapons. That revelation broke my heart man......

Play the game if you can. It's free!

6) Subsurface Circular

From the creator of Thomas Was Alone comes...... a game where you play as a detective robot talking to other robots in a subway train, gathering info regarding a mystery surrounding a missing robot. Although the game takes only bellow 2 hours and all the game is just you sitting in a subway train talking to people coming and going, there's a lot of cool stuff that happened. Most of the time you're talking to other robots asking them "hey, do you know about this or that?" in order to find out the truth. And let's say that there's a lot of plot twists that happens in this game. Can't spoil what happened though, find it out yourself!

7) Battle Chef Brigade

It's Iron Chef with Dungeons and Dragons settings. And it's awesome.

You play as a girl named Mina Han, and later on an orc named Thrash as you guide them in winning cooking tournament matches to become new members of the "IRON CHEFS!", I mean the Battle Chef Brigade. There's supposed to be 2 more main characters to play as named Ziggy and Kirin, but they're both npcs in this game. Maybe through future dlcs.

During the game, you can travel in a small town and do 3 side quests to get more money to buy better tools for your cooking battle later, or just go straight to cooking battles by challenging different chefs you see. Just like Iron Chef, you're given a main ingredient and then you have to cook a meal which contains that main ingredient, while also taking into account what the judges want out of the dish. Even though the host of the tournament is a straight up Chairman Kaga type complete with capsicum and fancy outfits,

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/bsb_kamin.png

his catch phrase is sadly just "Vive La Brigade!". Well that's.... alright, but I prefer if he say:

BTW that Wii game FUCKING SUCKS ASS. 

The way you cook is by playing Bejeweled. There's earth, water and fire orbs you have to match. Match 3 orbs of the same color to turn it into a higher level gem which will increase your food tastiness in the end, though you can only max an orb until level 3. You'll get extra points if you use more of the orbs that the judges want. So you give a food which contains a lot of fire orbs to the judge that wants fire orbs in their food. Later on in the game there's foods that have poison in them, so you'll have to get rid of the poisons before serving it to the judges. Luckily none of the judges will die if you present them with poisonous food, they'll just deduct your score.

How do you get ingredients though? By killing the shit out of monsters of course! And no, you don't kill them before a cooking match. You kill monsters DURING the cooking match. So not only are you a chef, but you're a monster hunter too. Man the chefs in this game are hardcore!

The foods in this game..... they look so damn yummy that I got hungry after playing this game. Just look at these tasty as hell foods made out of monster parts!

battle-chef-brigade-switch-review-cookin

Oh..... so....... tasty....... now I want to cook something!

Alright, new year, new games to beat. Let's do this!

Game: Shatter

Play Time: 3.8 hrs

An arcade-style game in the vein of Breakout - bounce a ball into bricks to break them. I really appreciated the visuals with their emphasis on clarity over "shine", which made it easy to see what was going on. Sound design was pretty good. But the definite highlight of the game is the soundtrack. The gameplay was essentially Breakout in its essence, but in Shatter, the player has more control than just moving the bat around - it can also control the ball's direction by means of sucking and blowing air, as well as unleash a volley of projectiles known as a Shard Storm that destroys anything in its path. Also featured in Shatter are powerups and boss battles, the latter of which were insanely creative and fun, if with the exception of a couple.

Rating: 4 / 5

Completed: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

I guess now that this released I'll count it as something I've played enough to consider beaten. Won multiple solos, doubles, squads in first or third person servers. One of the most amusing games to play with a friend or three. No matter what you are doing, hunkering down in a "safe" area chatting with your friends as the kill zone closes around you or riding on the back of a flaming motorcycle as your friend accidentally takes a hill just a little too fast but still manages to steer the bike through a second story window to land on the guy that was just shooting at you, you are likely to create some good times and memories with this game.

8) Hollowed

A free steam game where you use a controller to control 2 players in the game. Kind of like Brothers the Tale of Two Sons, only with a woman and a circle ghost thing that can transform to 4 forms that will help out during puzzle solving. Basically as this woman you're on a journey to revive her dead boyfriend, and you're accompanied by this ghost thing. Pretty neat game, and the endings are surprisingly depressing.

9) Dropchord

A game from Double Fine. AKA the one that made Broken Age. This is a "put your 2 fingers to create a laser & avoid obstacles" kind of game, which is accompanied by great music.

10) Strike Force Heroes: Extraction

You know those endless runner parkour games where you jump through rooftops after rooftops?

Imagine that game, but you can shoot & do a Time Crisis esque shooting here and there. And unlike those endless runner games, this game actually have 30 missions to complete. It's a pretty fun game....... until the halfway point where the bullshit starts happening & destroyed any kind of fun this game have. How is it fun that you have to go through missions where the obstacles are completely random, enemies are right in front of you shooting your face & there's no regular pattern, so you either get killed in an instant, or go through the game like normal when the game decides to be nice and not drop as many enemies at you? By the end of the game, I actually got a headache + motion sickness from how fast the game becomes. That...... is not a good sign.

There's weapons you can buy + stat buffs which makes the shooting easier, and multiple characters which makes the game harder. I'm not joking. Your main character is the best character in the game, because the other characters have debuffs that do stuff like "reduce your health", "running speed goes faster which will make the game harder", "you lose health slowly", "you get double damage if you fall off the roof" and "you can only see enemies clearly while obstacles are not that clear".......... WHAT KIND OF SADISTIC CHARACTER CHOICE IS THIS??

And you know what's disappointing about this game? It's made by Armor Games. AKA those guys that made those great flash games back when the internet was still slow as a sloth. Which is unfortunate because all they have to do to make the game better is drop the random bullshit and just have preset levels!

Completed: Yakuza 0

Good story that makes the antagonist of the first Yakuza more meaningful and gives backstory for the creation of a major landmark in future titles. Two of the best characters in gaming as main characters badass, entertaining, funny, and often two of the best depictions of positive masculinity in media. Good depiction of the time with entertaining references. Two of the best scenes I've seen in a game. Both characters have four different combat styles to switch between. Good variety of side activities. Good side missions with some introducing future characters. Time wasting elements that cause you to walk back and forth between areas, cause you to wait around for money, and some actives like Majima's cabaret can take up too much time.

10 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Completed: Yakuza 0

Good story that makes the antagonist of the first Yakuza more meaningful and gives backstory for the creation of a major landmark in future titles. Two of the best characters in gaming as main characters badass, entertaining, funny, and often two of the best depictions of positive masculinity in media. Good depiction of the time with entertaining references. Two of the best scenes I've seen in a game. Both characters have four different combat styles to switch between. Good variety of side activities. Good side missions with some introducing future characters. Time wasting elements that cause you to walk back and forth between areas, cause you to wait around for money, and some actives like Majima's cabaret can take up too much time.

Finally got yourself a PS4 eh? Congrats! Now you can finally enjoy the fucking masterpieces of the Yakuza series & Persona 5 at last!

Tis indeed a great game. My favorite part is when I unlocked the secret Kiryu + Majima styles that they will use in other games.

And of course when Majima goes apeshit with one of the best music in the game accompanying the carnage.

And when Kiryu gets a chicken.

Yeah, this series is fucking awesome.

Just a heads up about Kiwami & Yakuza 6 that's coming this year. Kiwami's pretty much a remake of Yakuza 1, but with Yakuza 0's combat mechanic. Still a good game though, and personally it brings me great PS2 nostalgia of when I played the hilariously swear heavy english dubbed version. And you may not like Yakuza 6 as much as 0. It has less content & you can't equip weapons to use. Not to say there's not that much stuff to do, there's still plenty of minigames and stuff to enjoy, just not to the extent of 0. Story's pretty good though.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 on the other hand, is the game that improves upon Yakuza 6 in every single way possible. Which unfortunately will not be released in English until 2019 or whenever SEGA decided to localize that game. Look forward to that.

Oh yes, back to the games.

11) Killer Queen

Not to be confused with Queen's song. Or Yoshikage Kira's Stand ability. :D

The game that started the "trapped in a place with other people & you have to find a way to get the hell out" VN trend, which 999 and Dangan Ronpa follows suit. A "kinetic novel" game where you don't actually have a choice to make, you just see the story unfolds. There's 2 routes to this game. Route 1 is pretty much an idealistic story about trying to get out of this horrible situation together with others. Route 2 on the other hand is MESSED RIGHT THE FUCK UP. But it has a surprisingly happy ending, which I'm not used to seeing.

12) PPKP

A turn based beat em up game that's kind of like Valkyrie Profile in that you have a limited amount of attacks you can do to your opponent before your turn is over and your opponent will then attack you. Though you can upgrade yourself to increase the amount of attacks you can dish out before your turn is over. The game is played using 2 buttons, P and K. And you can buy moves that gives you better attacks using different P and K combinations. It's pretty fun, though I wish it's not a free to play game that makes you wait hours to play it again. I prefer this game to just let me beat the shit out of stuff up without restrictions!

13) Satellina

A puzzle game where you have to guide a circle & eat up other circles in the correct order. 

It gets tougher later on.

Game: Ys Origin

Play Time: ~18 hrs

(Played as Hugo.)

Ys Origin, for me, was a journey I entered with positive feelings, had mixed ones about in the middle and ended with positive feelings again. The story, while not especially unique, was enjoyable to follow, and the few emotional moments it threw at me were positively surprising. Visuals were good, as well as the sound design and especially the soundtrack, as can be expected of an Ys game. Gameplay was enjoyable for the most part, although trying to kill the red enemies as Hugo became extremely tedious with them taking minimal damage - at least until I realized to upgrade my weapon with the Cleria Ore I had, after which it became a walk in the park. Boss battles were genuinely challenging and satisfying to defeat.

Completed: Record of Agarest War 2
Platform: PS3

Changes the series to a battle system more similar to Valkyrie Profile than the Tactics style battles of the previous games. Character art now moves (hair sways, eye blink, and, of course, boobs jiggle), not that impressive years into the PS3 life but better than nothing (maybe). Decent battle system with less complexities than previous games in character stats. Only three generations instead of four like the previous two games. Game is long and the story tends to drag with good or amusing moments being more rare, characters are worse than previous games. True end requirements hard to find. I wouldn't have finished this and I've owned it for over 7 years but it was the last game I owned on the PS3 that I hadn't finished.

Starting my year of with about 8 games that should all take over 60 hours to finish.

14) Knack 2

The sequel to the first Knack, and a surprisingly big improvement. Everything that I hated about the first game is completely improved upon, even the characters now has more comedic tones to them compared to the first who are all tight up their asses & serious all the time. Better combat, better checkpoints, better gameplay variety with plenty of epic set pieces, better bosses, a bunch of great secret areas which rewards paying attention to tiny detail in the background that's a bit off & MUCH MUCH more epic soundtrack. I'm completely surprised how this game has this many great songs in it.

15) Samurai Santaro

A simple enough game where you choose different missions where you have to dodge obstacles & touch enemies on screen to kill them with your arrows. There's skills you can use like the "slow time" or "kill everything on screen" which helps you progress through the game.

16) Forget-Me-Not

It's Pacman mixed with shooting. It's surprisingly really fun! And challenging.

17) The Red Strings Club

Review here:

From the makers of Gods Will Be Watching, comes a much better game. Came out of nowhere & an enjoyable time, while also making you ask about life itself + other philosophical questions.

Game: HeXen: Beyond Heretic

Play Time: ???

It should be no secret at this point that I love my Doom - the franchise is home to some of my favorite games of all time. But how exactly is Hexen related to Doom? Because it was made using id Tech 1, otherwise known as the "Doom engine". The visuals were admittedly monotonous, but they fit the game's fantasy style pretty well. Sound design was good, and the soundtrack was great. The gameplay was mostly fun, if with a couple of downfalls. For one thing, due to the game's highly explorative nature, its sheer open-endedness was overwhelming at times, and I didn't even figure out what certain items did until I half-accidentally pressed the "Use" key on something. The puzzles were unnecessarily cryptic at times as well. The final boss was an enjoyable challenge, though.

Completed: Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers

Good options with a lot of units, unite attacks, assist options, and formations. Good combat animations, with a lot of nice cooperative attacks. Strange ability system that requires using three of the same ability equipped to get them to activate. A lot of ugly units in the OG series, with a lot of dull regular and unique enemies. Some optional objectives are heavily luck based. Dull story and characters. Frequent translation problems, some lines don't make sense. Terrible final two missions.

18) Shadow Fight 3

The third game in the Shadow Fight series, which if you're not familiar, is a simple weapon based fighting game with an awesome rotoscope character motion and satisfying damage physics where every hit to an enemy feels great to pull off, and if you hit an enemy in the head, they will lose their weapon and have to fight bare handed, like the old Soul Edge game. Which unfortunately is reduced in enjoyability by the game's free to play mechanic, where you have to constantly grind to level up your weapons because each time you beat an enemy, the next enemy will have 10 times the health and defense compared to the previous fighters. Luckily I can get through the game without paying a single money by conserving currency + smartly upgrading which weapons and armor have the higher chance of getting the most upgrades + luck. And surprisingly this game has 3 endings which you can choose from,

though all that it boils down to is just 1 out of 3 cutscenes that has no impact on the game's reward or the plot. Because the plot is just there.

19) Dragon Hills

Ever played Tiny Wings?

This game is like that in that you only press a button to dive down & release at the right time to get a speed boost. But it's with you, a vengeful princess who is pissed because when she's captured by evil dudes, knights don't come to rescue her but instead are more interested in treasures, and her dragon. Kind of like what happens if you try to fight your girlfriend in Karateka.

Don't fuck with a princess that wants to be rescued, or she will end your ass. :D 

Completed: Iron Commando Koutetsu no Senshi

Iron Commando Koutetsu no Senshi is a beat em up game that was originally released on the Super Nintendo in Japan, thought it was made in Europe and dialogue not in cut scenes is in English. The gameplay is decent, not up to par with the best beat em ups or even the slightly above average ones like Final Fight. You can punch, grab enemies if you move into them a certain way, drop grenades as a special move that damages enemies on the screen, and pick up a variety of weapons. Your jump is ridiculously high, like Turtles in Time, but in this game it ends up making jump attacks fairly useless. Weapons drop frequently, you have access to knives, bats pistols, shotguns, machine guns, ammo, and some food for health and items that give points. Some stages have you in a vehicle, one has you shooting from a jeep but this isn't that enjoyable and doesn't work well as the screen is so close and the sprites so large that it is hard to see the enemies coming at you. It's an ok game on the SNES but is hurt with the PC emulator they used that will likely cause some slowdown and that doesn't seem to be able to recognize diagonal movement when you use a controller.

Completed: Yakuza Kiwami

Usual strong acting, side activities, and story series is known for (though not series best). Haruka is one of the better child characters in games. Majima everywhere system is great, though number of random fights can get ridiculous. Poor use of transgender characters in side stories that is at odds with the tone and lessons of the series and the characterization of the main character. Too many people on the street trying to fight you. Usual time wasting elements and back and forth fetch quests.

20) Dragonball FighterZ

Review here.

Best Dragonball game in a long2 time. Even Joe thinks it's awesome. And I've been racking up the online body count ever since this game's release, as well as learning from my losses so I can return better than before. And it has the singleplayer content which surpasses Tekken 7 + Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, which makes me want to go do them all. I just hope that the season pass characters doesn't have Base Goku and Base Vegeta like that data mined spoiler showed, because that'll piss me off.

21) The Trail

This..... is quite an interesting game. At the beginning you start off a boat, and your goal is to walk to a place called Eden Falls while having many breaks along the way. While you're walking, you can collect materials scattered around the world so that later on you can craft many items from clothing to food to axe to chop down trees and ornaments that you can sell for money. It's a game where you just walk from point a to point b at its core, but somehow, it doesn't get boring. That's..... pretty impressive. And once you get to the city, you build a home and you can choose to continue walking some more, or upgrade your house till it becomes a giant mansion if you choose. Or you can contribute to the town and donate any materials/items in your belonging to make your town prosper.

22) Street Fighter V Arcade Edition

Capcom just updated Street Fighter V with an arcade mode! Yay, now people actually have singleplayer things to do! And it has modes that corresponds to previous Street Fighter games, like Street Fighter 2 mode that only have Street Fighter 2 characters to play, Alpha with Alpha characters etc. The endings are basically just stuff that's actually in those games, and they're placed in 1 giant manga screen. The only new endings that's interesting are the ones with Street Fighter V characters. Like completing the Street Fighter 1 mode with Zeku gives the ending of how Guy becomes his disciple in the first place. 

File:Zeku SF1 Ending Art.png

Interesting..... so the lesson in this ending is "if you fail to go to University, just go to some stranger that can probably teach you ninja skills and then beat up thugs. You'll be a hero instead!" :D 

23) illi

A game of platforming, but unlike most platformers, you only need to press a jump button. Your character, whatever this thing is

will constantly move in a clockwise direction, unless you hit a circle that changes the direction. Your goal is to complete quests and reach the giant hole.... thing in each level. It's pretty fun. Weird that there's no ending, or story. You just beat 60 stages and that's it.

24) Beat Stomper

Another game where you only need to jump. But this game's goal is to get as much high score as you can, and do other stuff that will unlock different songs that accompany you while you jump as high as you can.

Quite a lot of cool songs here. Like this

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Console: Wii U

Time:  Too freakin' long

It's a great game, easily an 8/10.  Can't say anything new that hasn't already been said.

25) The Fall Part 2: Unbound

Remember the Fall, that 2D action exploration a while back where you play as a combat suit AI named Arid that has to help her injured passenger back to health?

The sequel is finally released! And it's filled with many more content, with many more variety. If you haven't played the first game yet, I can't talk about the beginning of this game because doing so will spoil the ending of the first game. But to keep it vague, the first game's ending happen, and now you're stuck in a network hub of some kind. So you have to find a way out of the network hub and back to your own body.

Unlike the first game which has a slow pace, this game ramps up the speed in which you play by adding platforming elements. Like those Metroidvania games. And the game also lets you play as 3 other robots besides Arid & their segments are all interesting to explore. You can play as a robot butler, a narcisist kung fu master robot, and a sex bot who is also pretty dorky. The kung fu robot is my favorite because his segments is a mixture of point and click adventure, and ONE FINGER DEATH PUNCH BITCH!

They all have their own stories to tell & by the end of the game, you'll create a bond between all 4 of the characters and it's shown in a pretty damn cool final section which lets you switch back and forth with all of them to solve puzzles. 

The game unfortunately ends on a cliffhanger, but thankfully the cliffhanger isn't as bad as Halo 2 because there is a plot resolution to Arid's character arc that ends satisfyingly. It's just a cliffhanger because after the story is done, there's 1 more plot thread that's yet to be resolved. 

I was so bummed though that the game doesn't have these detailed cutscenes from the trailer.

See the parts with the blonde robot and how the camera is zoomed on her body? And later on when she's using a computer? Those are not in the actual game at all. The dialogue and scene is in the game, but there's no such closeups of character's faces. URGH, why??? Just keep those things in, those are great!

I'll have to get The Fall sequel eventually.

Completed: Nioh

Good gameplay with weapon variety, ninja and magic skills, spirits, and armor sets that can allow you to focus on the playstyle you like. Good stamina system allows you to recover some during attacks if you time an ability right. Enjoyable boss fights against a good variety of opponents. Can use more regular enemy variety. Occasional hit detection/targeting issues. Makes historic Japanese warriors seem pitiful except for some of the people added in the DLC stages (they even tell you that they are useless frequently), this is even though people can fight with you on certain missions. Needs better inventory organization, wastes a lot of time selling things and trying to check to see if you found a more powerful version of certain weapon/armor sets.

Completed: Red Faction

B movie style plot with a terrible in an amusing way main character and strangely decently acted supporting cast. Ability to use explosives to blow through rock and walls is cool but never really used that well. Some areas have multiple paths to the objective. Auto lock on with poor aim gunplay isn't satisfying, enemies might die from two or three leg shots and they might survive 10 shots to the chest, their reactions and how accurate they are seems very random. Halfway through the game a lot of enemies can survive rockets or remote charges going off right next to them which makes some of the guns almost worthless, a riot shield was an interesting but pointless inclusion. Enemies spawn behind you sometimes and if I reload then they sometimes don't. Opening a door can get you shot to half health instantly until near the end of the game where someone thought it was a good idea to give enemies a one hit kill gun that can shoot through walls with their random accuracy.

26) The Mummy: Demastered:

The game based on the Tom Cruise movie. It's a Metroidvania and it's much better than the film, which is unsurprisingly not hard to do. It has a Dark Souls esque mechanic where if you die, you have to go back to the point of death and kill your zombified/ mummified body to retrieve your lost gear, and the more upgrade you have collected, the harder it is. It's also one of the most surprisingly quick Metroidvania games. I collected almost every collectible in the game, beat all the bosses and 100% the map in just bellow 4 hours. Overall, it was alright. It's solid and it's fun.

27) Remothered: Tormented Fathers

What the fuck does remothered even mean? Since the text has a red auto correct bellow it, I'm pretty sure that's not a word!

Anyway, this game is a horror game that's kind of a spiritual successor to the Clock Tower games. The one where you're a girl and you're stalked all the time by crazy murderers and have to sneak around without being able to fight them. In this game you play as a woman named Rosemary Reed. She's visiting an old man named Richard Felton to investigate his daughter named Celeste that's currently missing. He has a nurse named Gloria that takes care of him, and things doesn't go so well when they met because Rosemary pretended that she came from an institute that took care of Richard, and Gloria actually checked with them to see if she's really worked for them. Well..... shouldn't have lied there. So Rosemary got kicked out of the house, BUUT she's so stubborn that she sneaked into the house later. Then it turns out that the old man is a psycho and she's locked inside his house, so now she has to get out. What's better is that there's actually more than 1 psycho in the house. Oh joy.

Yeah she shouldn't have gone back into the house. The only reason she goes back in is because of this Celeste girl that's missing and she wants to know where she went. Why is she so adamant in finding Celeste? Unfortunately the game doesn't explain it. It's because the dev actually planned this game to be the first game in a trilogy to keep the mystery in the air. Ah well, we'll have to see the next part of the story in the second game!

The actual game itself is pretty tense. It plays like Clock Tower where exploration and looking for key items to progress the game is prominent, you can't fight directly with your attackers so you have to sneak to survive, and the only way to defend yourself is to use small weapons lying around the house. Stuff like scissors, knifes, those sorts of things. The only way to use these items is when you're running away from an attacker & a QTE of them grabbing your shoulder prompt up, in which case you can stab them using the weapon that you picked up. Why can't you just use these things to directly stab and kill the murderers? Anyway, the game also use manual saving. So each time you want to save, just go to a mirror that has a pendulum in front of it. You can also heal while in this save spot, but each time you save the mirror breaks even further until you can't heal anymore. I find it better to just go back to the main menu and load a save everytime I got heavily injured. Though when you get really2 far into the game, the game will auto save at points. Which is good because usually the autosave part comes before annoying sections in the game where there's a lot of sudden death events that will kill you instantly if you don't hurry or don't do the QTEs right.

The game have a bad habit of having shock jump scare sounds where it's too late. Say for example: there's a tense scene in a rotten room. Which has a dead body. Your character sees the body, gets shocked for 5 seconds, and then you see the dead body with a sudden jump scare sound afterwards. Shouldn't the jump scare be much earlier than that???

And lastly, even though I think the story of the game is pretty good with good twists here and there, when you actually think about it, some plot points just makes no fucking sense at all. 

Spoiler

So it turns out that Rosemary and Gloria actually are former Catholic nuns from a convent that does horrible experiments for the sake of developing a drug. Rosemary had enough and burned the place down in the past, with Gloria being the survivor. In the end of the game after Gloria tried to kill Rosemary and falling off the second floor into the ground through a window and broke her entire bones and dying, they actually talked heart to heart about their past as nuns, so they actually knew each other. Why then in the whole game before this point they don't acknowledge each other and speak like it's the first time they met??? There could be a link with the in game Phenoxyl drug which has a side effect of warping people's memories, like probably both Rosemary and Gloria has short term memory losses, but the game doesn't connect it well at all so it just comes out of nowhere!

Ah well, maybe the sequel will explain what happened in this game further.

Game: Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Play Time: 11.8 hrs

Standard (great) Ys quality at display here, as expected. Nice visuals, cool sound design, kick-ass soundtrack. The gameplay, for better or worse, takes its cues from the non-linear structure of Ys I and II. While the world is certainly fun to explore, the non-linear design does have a problem in that some scripted sequences won't activate unless you do something extremely specific, which led me to looking up a walkthrough on a couple of occasions. I even missed a boss fairly early on in the game - and by the time I fought it, I was so OP that I took it down in one fell swoop without suffering any damage myself. That, however, is my only real gripe with the game, as the rest of the gameplay is quite fun.

Game: Singularity

Play Time: 6.3 hrs

One of the better modern FPS titles. I was admittedly in two minds about the story - while it was interesting, I would've loved if the main enemy of the game wasn't clichéd fucking Russians. That aside, the rest of the game was plenty enjoyable. The audiovisual department was great, and the gameplay was a whole lot of fun, especially with the different time manipulation mechanics. The few puzzles were decent mind-benders as well. My only gripe with the gameplay is that due to the plentifulness of assault rifle and shotgun ammo, I didn't have much of an incentive to change up my loadout, which is a pit that many modern FPS titles sadly seem to fall into. Either way, Singularity was a good game overall.

Game: Bayonetta 2
Platform: Wii U
Time: No idea :(

Fantastic game.  Well, almost.  I found it easier than the original Bayonetta.  I don't know if that's because I played the first game a while back and knew most if not all of the game mechanics or because it's an easier game.  But it was still fun, and mercifully short on the easily-failable QTE and platforming sequences (seriously, I died so many times on those in the original)

Story and characters were as great as always, and I love how even though the first game was supposed to be a standalone story, Bayonetta 2 skillfully weaved itself into the first game and explained a lot of character motivations, even though it essentially flipped the space-time continuum over and gave it a spanking.

Still, great game.  Can't wait to see what we get for Bayonetta 3.