• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2018)

120 posts in this topic

Game: Shadow Warrior 2
Platform: PC
Time: No idea (GOG didn't keep track for some reason)

So, this game...this game.  It gave me mixed feelings.  It was by no means bad, but it wasn't great.  It was just good, which is a shame since I thought the prequel was great.

Shadow Warrior 2 was a "one step forward, two steps back" sort of game.  Every improvement it made, it sacrified stuff and ended up worse off than when it began.  Take for example the level design.  Procedurally generated with tilesets and modular pieces that can be thrown together to create unique maps.  Good in theory, but then you kinda realize that you are going to go through the same levels over and over again just with different layouts.  You might not see the mansion next to the underground caverns every time, but you will eventually see them.  Compare this to the original Shadow Warrior and you will miss the handmade levels.

The weapons and enemies don't fare any better.  There's far more than in the original game, but then you realize that they're all reskins of eachother.  The robot scorpions are just the same enemies as the demon scorpions, and the laser pistol is functionally no different than the revolver.  Sure, some enemies had different weaknesses and weapons different skills, but eventually you're not going to see any differences because they're all basically the same. Sure, it made the occasional enemy that wasn't a reskin more pleasing, but even then I couldn't help but notice that they were just variations on "an enemy that summons more enemies."

Oh, and I have to talk about the bosses.  They were just nothing more than bullet sponges that occasionally summoned enemies and had a few unique attacks.  That's it.  Compared to Shadow Warrior where each boss was a unique challenge that didn't have to call in allies because they were so dang tough.  They each had glowing weak points, but hitting them while dodging attacks was enough of a challenge.

The new skills and weapon upgrades didn't really do anything.  They let you specialize and change up your playstyle, but I didn't see much point to it.  I much preferred the previous Shadow Warrior which was elegant in its simplicity.  A few skills, weapon upgrades that physically changed the appearances of the weapons (god I missed that); it was tight and perfect.  And then there was the story.  Neither game had much of a story, but Shadow Warrior had an arc.  Shadow Warrior 2...I dunno.  Stuff happened, plots were twisted, so on and so forth.  It just didn't wow me.

But, through it all, the game still entertainmed me.  The gunplay was fast and frantic and overall enjoyable.  It is not quite middie of the road, but it's not exactly on the same level as its predecessor.

6/10

Game: Korgan
Platform: Xbox One
Time: 1 1/2 hours

This game is basically baby's first dungeon crawler.  It is bare bones to the nth degree.  It's a good idea for gamers to play this game to decide if they ever want to get into the genre, but that's it.

The game is, well, it's simple as simple can be. The story is nonexistant. Just go pick up some gears. Why? Because a checklist told you to.  Then cure some villagers who just appeared because another checklist said so.  As for the characters, well at least you get to play as all three at once and switch between themat will, but there is just no depth to any of it. You get a weak attack, a strong attack, a few potions, and one special skill.  That's it.  As for the character personalities, I'm pretty sure I've seen wigs with more personality than these three soggy peices of cardboard.

Now, I only played the prologue because it was free and I was curious, but it offers a "Chapter 1" for $20, which is way too much for what I saw.  I'll stick with what I got, and that was an easy, free, unmemorable palate cleanser.  At least it didn't overstay its welcome.

4/10.

Game: Shadowrun Returns

Platform: PC

Play Time: 9.8 hrs

Now, I like cyberpunk. I hesitate to call myself a huge fan of the genre, however, as it's fairly new to me. In any case, Shadowrun Returns successfully tickled that itch of mine with its presentation. The art style and soundtrack were both excellent and fit together well. Sound design wasn't bad either. The story of the game was interesting - without spoiling too much, you're working for a dead man trying to solve the mystery behind his death. I don't have much to say about the gameplay, though, since Shadowrun's particular gameplay style is unfamiliar to me, but I can say that on Easy difficulty, the game felt admittedly easy but still challenging enough to throw me off guard on a few occasions.

Rating: 4 / 5

Completed: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Shows off a large new area of the setting's world, important people, and factions with a story focused around working with or against the native people of the Deadfire, foreign merchants and imperialist powers, pirates, and another foreign power looking to exploit and conquer their native homeland, all while tracking down a revived renegade God for other members of the pantheon. The ability to dual class and each class having sub options give you a lot of character options and chances to make interesting character types. A variety of difficulty and level scaling options let you play how you want. Post release updates to the game have been adding free content and making improvements, making some nice UI changes that weren't their at release. An easy game to recommend for CRPG fans that want to have a variety of combat options, a well written cast of main characters, and a setting full of interesting people and lore, though it's not that interesting as a ship captain/pirate game as some early previews focused on. There might be some dialogue trigger issues, it might also have been something that effected my game before the earlier patches released.

Completed: The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories

111) Hitman Sniper Assassin

The sniper standalone hitman game is back. Unlike Absolution's sniper mode or the iPhone's version, this one has multiplayer. And it's still as fun as ever. Unfortunately like the other games, there's only one map to play in. I wish there's 3 maps for me to sniper around causing chaos!

112) Assassin's Creed Odyssey

I would make a review of this game, but when I think about it, this game is pretty much what happens if Origins becomes even more like the Witcher 3 and adds the randomly generated enemies element + weapon skills of Shadow of War/ Mordor. Love the spear of Leonidas which is hands down my favorite weapon in the series so far because it lets you do Shadow of Mordor/ War's teleport kills left and right. I don't understand why you can't use a shield though, because you're a Spartan warrior. Those warriors are known for their shield and spear formation, while you're pretty much an assassin that dual wields a sword and a spear like an Assassin....... Ah. I guess that's why.

I find it a bit annoying that the level cap is jacked up to block your progress for story missions. You pretty much have to level yourself to 49 or 50 in order to complete the game. I don't mind since I get to do a lot of fun stuff, but even I have to admit that the repeated missions of infiltrating a camp and looting them becomes tedious after the 90th time.

This game is a really good time regardless with a couple of quests that I like a lot, like the whole Testikles missions, the hunt for the legendary greek creatures quest, the entire quests revolving around Pephka's minotaur that pretty much pokes fun of pay to win stuff left and right, which is ironic since this game has microtransactions, the hunt for the Cult of Cosmos members until I found out that I need to complete a lot of sidequests to get to the last remaining members which will take forever, and the more personal quests about you searching for your family. I got the best ending possible where every member of my family lived & I beat the 4 mythical creatures to unlock the true ending.

I freaking love the endings to this game a lot, both the animus and the real world section. It's so good, that I wish Assassin's Creed 3's ending is like this. Like imagine if you actually have multiple endings in 3 and you can change how history unfolds to tell Juno to go fuck herself. Which I think will probably be what future Assassin's Creed game will do because Layla can possibly create an Animus that will change the past. Maybe she'll use the animus and go back to Assassin's Creed 3's timeline so she can control Haytham and change history for the better! I can't wait to see what happens next in the sequel!

113) Deltarune, aka Undertale 2.... or Undertale 0... it's complicated

Yes. Undertale is back. And it's free down here

https://www.deltarune.com/

I have no idea if this is a prequel, a sequel or an alternate universe story. What I know is UNDERTALE IS BACK, and it's fucking brilliant as ever! Combat is now party based with spells to use, music is still awesome, and the story + characters are as charming as ever. I would make a review gushing about this game, but the one that's released is only chapter 1. I WANT MORE DAMN IT!!!

Game: Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition
Platform: PC
Time: 9 hours

The feels, man, the feels.  This platformer/metroidvania hybrid might have been light on story, but what little there was was heart gripping, and it knew how to make me feel sad.

Now, despite the art style, this game was HARD.  Not Dark Souls hard; this game was trial and error hard with so many traps that you can only avoid if you've died to them already (or have the world's quickest reaction time).  I expected its save anywhere mechanic to make the game easier, and it did, but only in the sense that the game would have been next to impossible without that mechanic. Speaking of impossible, one of its achievements is a perfect run without dying once. I shudder to think how many gamers try that and give up after dying to one of those unfair chase sequences.

Now, even though I found the game unfair at times, it is by no means a bad game.  The controls are fluid, and when you get most of the abilities you almost feel lik you can fly through the air.  Enemies are as much an obstacle in this game as moving platforms and at times are needed to traverse the levels, which is a sign of good design.  Oh, and the game didn't crash on me once, which is something I cannot say for Batman: Arkham Knight.

Overall, I liked the Ori and the Blind Forest.  Not the best game I've played, but far from the worst.

8/10

Completed: Ninja Pizza Girl

Timed runner game where you have control over your directional movement and have to jump, slide, walkjump, and jump kick to get passed obstacles and enemies. Decent gameplay with levels that change things up a bit. Cute story. Art style and camera can make it little difficult to see when you need to push a button to brace for your landing when you are falling.

Game: Shadow Complex Remastered

Play Time: 5.5 hrs

A decent little Metroidvania. The story may have been slightly clichéd, but I didn't mind it too much. The visuals, while rather monotonous, did their job adequately, and the sound design was pretty good. The voice actors also did their jobs commendably. Music was okay but nothing to write home about. The gameplay was fine for the most part - if nothing else, at least it tickled my Metroidvania itch with its semi-non-linear progression. However, the game was perhaps too "hand-holdy" in the way that it points you to the next objective. That and the bosses were kind of samey and anticlimactic.

Rating: 3 / 5

Completed: Little Nightmares

Game: Oxenfree

Play Time: 4.7 hrs

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not quite sure what I expected out of Oxenfree. But whatever I expected or didn't expect out of it, it surprised me positively. I found myself falling in love with just about everything about the game - the visuals, the sound design, the music, the atmosphere, the voice acting, the gameplay, the effects reminiscent of old TVs or VHSs... I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to talk about the game in detail because it was just that awesome. Definitely worth a replay or two as well.

Rating: 5 / 5

Completed: Inside 

Puzzle platformer. Strong atmosphere and environment design, puzzles typically are well handled and make sense thought some require you to die to have some knowledge of what will happen. 

114) God's Basement

It's another one of those "you're in purgatory. See what you did and repent" kind of game, only in here God's an office boss and purgatory is an office. Pretty interesting story, and a surprisingly good ending too.

115) At Home Alone

It's one of those short RPG maker game. You're a little girl & you're home alone in your house. Then a twist happened........ which would be more scary if it makes any damn sense. I have no clue what happened in the game's ending because it's very WTF?? Like, what he hell was all that about??

116) Plague

I am currently working as a video game marketing consultant right now, and one of my duties is to search our contact list for potential game devs. This is one of those people.

This guy made a game called Plague

https://globalgamejam.org/2018/games/plague-0

It's an endless runner game, but the way you go far is to click at the grave just when your life is about to go down. Do it too soon, and you'll get shorter life. Do it just as your life is going down, and you'll turn into a crow that moves faster and give you more distance. It's pretty fun for what it is.

Completed: Star Wars Battlefront II (2017)

Looks and sounds great and a lot of the weapons just feel satisfying to use. The campaign is forgettable mechanically and pretty bad narrative wise with the exception of Luke (who probably had the worst mission mechanically), the added on three mission campaign is hilariously bad. Unlock system for abilities and bonuses unbalance the game and is a terrible feature. Some of the weapons just don't feel very useful comparatively, vehicles and ships aren't fun to use, melee is poorly done (soldier and hero wise), and with the way that you unlock stronger soldiers, vehicles, and heroes to use combined with how some of the maps are set up you can get into some pretty unbalanced situations where you will probably be getting killed almost as soon as you spawn. Can't play as Wedge.

Completed: Timespinner

Metroidvania about trying to stop an empire from killing your friends and family while traveling through time. Fun gameplay that allows you to equip three sets of two different melee or ranged orbs that make up your attacks, charged attack, and a passive effect as well as an ability that can stop time. Good art with a nice soundtrack. Supporting cast stories are enjoyable but sidequests needed for them are often dull and require backtracking through mostly uninteresting areas. Limited weapons.

Completed: Battlefield V

Poor campaign, one of the three is at least thematically interesting focusing on abused soldiers from French controlled colonies. Prologue of swapping between dying soldiers in larger battles is a much better choice. Great multiplayer maps, well designed and some beautiful looking environments and a good soundtrack. Good new MP mechanics, squad revives, bullet penetration, throw back/shoot grenades, pings, crouch run, diving, destruction, building, general team-play mechanics, more vehicle customization and balance.

Usual problems with EAs oddly designed main menu. Fire seems to not be visible most of the time.

Completed: Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition

Fun base mechanics with good weapon variety and gravity boots and a leash allows you to kick, slide kick, or pull your enemies and objects into the air in slow motion. Nice colorful locations and area diversity allows you to frequently see something new or get into new situations. Characters can quickly go from being sort of funny to extremely annoying. The scoring mechanics really aren't that interesting, made less so by the main reason for getting points just being to spend them on ammo. Good update to the 2011 version with improved graphics, lighting, and the ability to play through the game as Duke Nukem with different lines from him.

117) Red Dead Redemption 2

Platform: PS4

Joe reviewed this. I reviewed this. It's Red Dead Redemption 2. Go get this game & experience wild west once again, and be depressed because eventually Red Dead Redemption 1 will happen and everything goes downhill. But at least you can enjoy the many wacky adventures that this game provides!

118) Hitman 2

AKA the season 2 of 2016's marvelous Hitman. The best part is the entire first season is also included in this game, and you can get it for free if you own the first game, so more contents to play around with! More missions, more funny ways to kill people, and more pretty sceneries to look at. But for some reason, I encountered this glitch in the first mission. Though seeing how that spooky picture is there, maybe this is intentional? ?_?

1BE3C10E5D7F9D3C6A01B9CBF40A56C9EEDC9AA0

I love how 47 in this game has the wittiest remark while in disguise. He does not give a fuck about anything and just bluntly say whatever's on his mind. Like how if you dress like a house agent in the fifth mission, he'll describe a house he's selling to the target in the driest tone imaginable, saying things like "this is the kitchen. It's the most dangerous room in the house", saying the attic is "small, tends to be prone to a leaky roof and likely houses various types of molds", and there's even a room where the previous owner of the house died in, which 47 gave a detailed forensic investigation report. It's so funny it hurts!

I don't get why the cutscenes in this season is all done in those frozen in place style cutscenes. You know the ones where people talk and you only see the person standing still in a single pose without the mouth opening, especially in comic book esque games like Injustice's arcade endings? I guess it's a design choice that the dev goes with. I prefer the cool cutscenes of the first season but ah well, still alright. The game ends on a sequel bait which annoys me because we're just getting to the really good stuff, but I look forward to the next season to finally finish what has been started. In the meantime, I'll definitely replay the entire game and do different assassination methods, because that's the beauty of this series!

Completed: Heaven Will Be Mine

An alternate 1980s mecha visual novel with three female characters that enjoy flirting as much as or more than fighting, with a plot focused on identity, queerness, and with combat and metaphysical concepts taking elements from Gundam to Gurren Lagan. Three characters to choose from with each getting different faction information and supporting characters, each focused on a different kind of mech they pilot and story/setting information focus. Nice stylistic art and music choices.

Completed: Sakura Wars: So Long My Love
Platform: PS2

Adventure/turn based RPG/dating sim. Plays out over seven "episodes," each having a different focus but overarching plot of your Japanese character traveling to New York to join a mecha defense force/theater performers. Dialogue system can allow you not to respond or may require you to choose how vocal you are or require a QTE inputs. Often cringworthy due to odd use of American setting/bad anime cliches, poor story, just about every character is annoying, poor 3D models, battle systems is to simple and easy to be interesting.

Completed: Orwell: Ignorance is Strength

Still somewhat interesting and unique mechanically but does little to improve from the first game and tells a much less interesting and much less seemingly morally grey story than the first. There are different ways the short three chapter story can go but you will be railroaded to do certain things, the only real exception being that you can uncover something with a bit more investigation in the second chapter that isn't just finding generic available data to make up whatever lies about people. In the last chapter you will do the same thing or you can suddenly try to be a good person all of a sudden, which came kind of naturally in the first game, here it's just a random thing you can do after making use of a really uninteresting done media manipulation tool a few times.

All the endings are pretty bad anyway since if you go with the you're a bad person endings you basically just shut down a crowdfunded news site and get the person running it killed and disgraced. If you go with the ending where you reveal your country's war crimes it just kind of ends with nothing, which since the countries that would be closest to the fictional nation (US, Israel, Britain, etc) tend to have populaces who doesn't care or really loves war crimes, you basically spent the entire game maybe getting two people killed and annoying a few others. It takes place at the same time as the first game where you counterpart might get the entire organization shut down and reveals larger government crimes tomorrow anyway, so all kind of pointless really.

Completed: Hitman 2 (2018)

Hitman 2 takes my GOTY of 2016 and makes it even better with improved AI, graphics, and mechanics. It also takes that 2016 game and puts it all into this one, along with the sequel's improvements to the old areas. Both games include of the best designed levels I've seen; with a lot of ways to kill your targets, to learn about the area and characters, and even amusing secrets and activities that can bring you closer to your targets. Continues with strong dark humor and a gameplay approach that acts more as a puzzle and social system than a traditional action or stealth game, all taking place in a huge playground. Made all the more impressive with what happened to the developer and them still putting out an improved sequel with as many features and upcoming content as this has. The first of the timed contracts with Sean Bean was the best that they have done so far, and I'm looking forward to their two future maps and whatever other free content they add this time.

Completed: Super Aleste
Platform: SNES

Vertical shoot em up. Some nice Mode 7 effects, eight different weapons to use and upgrade with certain areas making good use of how weapons can function, different firing modes. Can run into objects and only be damaged if pressed against edge of screen, which leads to some more unique gameplay and level design. Music can be kind of dull but isn't bad. Some of the weapon types just aren't that good causing you to be frequently avoiding weapon pick ups which caused me to take the majority of the hits I took.

Completed: Tin Star
Platform: SNES

Western light-gun style shooting game but your character is often on the screen and moves around and everyone is a robot. Some levels have you fighting duels and others have play more like a traditional light-gun game and have you defending a town or bar patrons. Nice cartoony art style. Fairly long for the genre, can go on a bit too long. Jokes aren't really funny. Works with the mouse or Super Scope.

Completed: Cosmic Star Heroine

Battle system isn't that interesting but can be more enjoyable than just a basic turn based RPG, every character has abilities or equipment with abilities you can swap out, abilities can be used once before you defend to recharge them. Style and hyper points make characters and enemies stronger the longer a battle takes. Feels hurried along, which can obviously be bad in terms of plot, lore and characterization but does prevent grinding and keeps you seeing new places. Plot and characters aren't that interesting.

119) Domino Drop

Platform: iPhone

It's like Tetris, but with dominoes. So you drop dominoes down & the more same number string you make the better. It's fun. Funny coincidence that Red Dead Redemption 2 has a lot of dominoes and I play that minigame a lot too.

120) Soul Calibur 6

Ahhhh Soul Calibur 6. How awesome it is that this game is finally out! It's the same as Soul Calibur before, but with Soul Charge & Critical Edge which adds more depth to combat. And great solo story modes to play as well! Unlike that abomination that was Tekken 7's character story modes...... shudder.....

I don't know why initially there's a lot of create a character Voldo clones with giant dicks on them.... like, WAAYYY too much of those guys I fought. Luckily there's a ban warning imposed to the people who does that so now everyone's normal!

121) OwlsandVowels

The beauty of working in a videogame marketing agency: you get to know different obscure games. Like this!

It's a word matching game. So it's scribble + bejewelled. The better the words you create, the higher the points. Different stages has different rules to them, so in on you have to get the high score, in the other you have to use specific letters in the alphabet, and create 4+ letter words as examples. It's surprisingly fun, and really engaging. Best part is there's unlimited lives, not like Candy Crush with their stupid "wait 1 hour for your next live if you fail a game" horseshit. I even learn new words that I never thought existed, like picosecond, triennium and biennial! :) 

122) Nightgate

Quite a relaxing game where you're a dot and you guide your dot to your destination, while avoiding red obstacles along the way.

There's a story about networking and stuff, but I just like the many different pretty shapes this game had which is zen like. Gives me calmness when I see them. 

Completed: NAM-1975
Platform: Arcade

A horizontally scrolling shooting game that has your character on screen while you control the aiming reticle, stationary when shooting and can run or roll to avoid enemy shots and explosions. Fun, short but introduces new enemies on each stage, can be a bit overly difficult at times and the reticle a little slow to move.

Completed: The Council

Adventure game dealing with conversation based confrontations with choices being based on your developed skills and findings. Puzzles and story elements can be found out through exploration and with the help of your abilities. Entertaining story dealing with supernatural forces and your character joining an event hosted for world leaders and important figures. Different events and endings in each episode.Voice acting very hit or miss and odd model movements. Possibly dull finale, the decisions I made I really didn't get to do anything interesting and didn't even have any kind of challenging or entertaining final conversation battle, I did look up some of the other endings and it does look like things can go slightly differently with more to do or very differently with an interesting end. No matter what the ending chapter does seem rushed though and there are some strange ending character epilogue narrations, like they weren't sure what to do if certain decisions were made. One of the more interesting games I played this year and one I hope to a sequel to or something that plays in a similar way.

Game: Stories: The Path of Destinies

Play Time: 5.3 hrs

I went into Stories: The Path of Destinies pretty much completely blind, knowing next to nothing about it and with no specific expectations. And the game turned out decent. The game tells the story of Reynardo, a fox mercenary or some such, as he attempts to save the world through trial and error - quite literally, as it's a central game mechanic, only not in the usual, frustrating way. Essentially, you play through several storylines by picking between two or three different options at key points in the story, and some of them reveal "Truths". Once you've discovered four different Truths, you'll unlock the final "stage" where you finally save the world successfully. While the concept is interesting, visiting the same locales and fighting the same battles for several times in a row does get old pretty quickly, and the combat isn't very engaging either. Thankfully the game keeps you engaged in other ways, namely by means of a crafting system and optional paths, some of which can only be unlocked with a specific sword. The audiovisual department is overall satisfactory. With all that said, unless you're intrigued by the concept of a trial-and-error story in which you have to fail a bunch of times before you can win, I hesitate to recommend Stories: The Path of Destinies.

Rating: 3 / 5

Completed: Ghost of a Tale

Stealth/adventure starring mouse minstrel trying to escape a prison and find his wife, taking place in around large castle. Strong world design and artwork for a medieval/gothic setting. Well written characters and lore. Simplistic stealth and disguise systems. Becomes tedious as you try to find items either placed in the environment or on certain guards for fetch quests which you may have already done or that may require backtracking and guessing where items could be, not helped by long length and that most of the fetch quests are given by the same small group of characters over and over.

123) SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption

I played this game WAYYY back when it was just a demo in PAX 2017. It's what happens when you make a game with only Dark Souls bosses, and each time you fight a boss, a penalty is incurred to you. Got this game on the Discord game store for half the price, and it's a fun game, which unfortunately is quite short. 

The plot of the game is you're trying to absolve the sins of 7 people, represented by the 7 deadly sins. Sloth, Greed, you know the rest. You can actually pick the order of which bosses you want to fight, and each one incurs a permanent debuff to you. So in one boss, your health and stamina will be permanently decrease, and in the other your defence will decrease. It'll keep piling up until you fought all 7 bosses, and then you finally fight the final boss. Fortunately you gain more maximum health after you beat a boss. And boy, this is a Dark Souls clone alright! From the way you attack, use item and even move around and parry stab. There are more animations to make the game more fluid and fast, but it's still pretty much Dark Souls. 

The final boss itself is even a tounge and cheek callback to the final boss of Dark Souls 3, right down to having thunder attacks and swapping from sword and shield to a flaming giant sword! And it is a fun boss fight! Too bad the music is so dull. But fortunately for me, I mute the damn thing and then play this instead

And it is absolutely perfect. The boss phase even matches up with the music change!

124) Kung Fu Z

A beat em up kung fu game where you fight a bunch of zombies with your kung fu, like that priest from Brain Dead

This is one of those games with those annoying "leave the game for 6 hours until you get enough gold coin to level your character up"  mechanic. It's fun for the first few stages and you get new moves to use, but then it gets old when you have to do it for the 10th + time. But at least the music's funky

125) Colorcube

It's an optical illusion game where you have an image that you have to recreate using different blocks. You have to switch up the color until you match the image presented to you. Which gets REALLY hard the further you play. It starts from this 

ALL the way to this

My head hurts playing this game, and this is supposed to be a brain teaser! :D 

126) Jump&Destroy

It's one of those "get to the end of the level" tank shooting game.

It starts off simple, and then it gets unforgiving when the more crazy enemy types show up. Fun part is the new power ups you unlock after travelling far through the game, which ranges from laser, to a double jump, a mushroom to make your tank bigger, and a ground and pound attack that destroys enemies bellow. Playing this game makes me want to play Metal Slug.

127) Number Go!

A fun puzzle game where you have to make a line from the first number to the last, but you have to fill the entire square blocks with lines, or else you don't pass. Like this one bellow which is wrong. 

Screenshot Image

It's quite a fun game, and it makes you think about the possible line combinations that the game wants you to do. 

128) Fighting Vipers

Platform: PS4

At LAST. Judge's Eyes is finally out, and I can finally play this game!!

Continuing on with the tradition of adding classic Sega games in into the club Sega in the Yakuza series, this time they add Fighting Viper, one of the very first fighting game I played in the arcade when I was little. I only remembered being able to punch a guy so hard that they flew out of the arena, and then I stopped playing once I get to level 7 against the guy with the guitar.

And also true to tradition with Virtua Fighter 2 before, they made this game WAAYY too fucking hard. I got stuck fighting many of the fighters over and over again because the control is so stiff and the AI is just reading my inputs. Each time I try to attack, they always counter back over and over again. Eventually I beat all of them through determination and exploiting their openings after they're left vulnerable, except stage 8 and 9 where the bosses are..... they're just way too fucking cheap. Not only are they always countering my attack, they keep on coming close to me and instantly throw me, making me lose a lot of health over and over and over again. Then I found out that I can just jump kick the stage 8 boss Janez because she always try to throw me, and I can just crouch punch the stage 9 boss B.M because he keeps on using high attacks....... I'LL TAKE IT! And when I make them fly trough their arenas, it feels so damn good! And then I proceed to continue the main game and never go back to Fighting Vipers again!