• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2018)

132 posts in this topic

Game: Life Is Strange: Before the Storm

Platform: PC

Play Time: 7.7 hrs

It'd been a while since I played the original Life Is Strange, so I took it upon myself to buy LIS2 and Before the Storm for myself as early Christmas gifts. And having just finished the latter, I remembered why I loved the original game so much. The emotional impact of BtS, while not necessarily as strong, was very similar to that of LIS1, which was more or less expected given how the story played out. In fact, BtS was similar to LIS1 in more ways than that, which makes it sort of hard to talk about on its own merits. In any case, Life Is Strange: Before the Storm was a great experience throughout.

Rating: 5 / 5

Completed: The Hex

Game characters gather in a tavern/inn and remember the games they have been in, while the innkeeper gets a call that one is planning a murder. Play in different genres as each character while you learn their past. From the maker of Pony Island. Can drag on in some parts and doesn't have the surprising moments of Pony Island as this kind of game has become more common and the ending is more obvious but still some good moments.

131) Judge Eyes

Platform: PS4

Review here

The spinoff to Yakuza, and it's glorious. Gonna keep playing this game till I find every nook and crany, and become a vampire. HUAHAHAHA!

132) MR GUN

Platform: iPhone

Remember Worms and you have to aim your weapon to destroy other worms by aiming at the right angle and hope that your weapon hit your enemy? Same principle applies to this game, only here you can't control your aim. Your gun moves up and down on its own and you pretty much have to just shoot your enemy at the right time when the angle cursor aims at them. Do it often & you'll earn gold to unlock more weapons, and then kill some more squre men trying to kill you.

133) The Silver Case

This is one of Suda 51's earliest game before he makes action games like No More Heroes and Lollipop Chainsaw. And I wouldn't it call it a "game" but more like "go to point b to view the next cutscene". Some say it's a visual novel, which it is, but this game is the most annoying visual novel I've played. Not because the story's bad, oho far from it, I love the story. It's actually interesting and intriguing to go through because it's a murder mistery involving this killer named "Kamui" and you play as one of the soldiers who was assigned to arrest the guy but ended up being a sole survivor, and then you join the police instead to solve crimes. Each chapters uses different animation which is pretty damn cool. Like in one chapter it's filled with anime cutscenes, in the other it has real life footage of kids running around, and how in one chapter it's mostly black and white. Lots of cool imagery that's made even better with the PC version.

Too bad the amount of trial and error just to get to point b is so plentiful that I got really annoyed. You have to be VERY specific in what you have to do to progress, like in one place where you have to go to this one apartment in an apartment complex. A 4 floor apartment complex and you don't know where to go, so you have to check each apartment building one by one until you actually get to the place that you want. And then for some reason in that same chapter, you have to answer 100 QUESTIONS to kill time! 

Sure it's optional, but WHY SUDA, WHY YOU DO THIS???

134) Killer 7

And here's my favorite Suda 51 game ever. The best mother fucking game that Suda 51 made and still to this day hasn't been overthrown by his other games. I fucking love this game so much. The awesome characters with their quotable lines, the unique on rails gameplay, the music, the interesting story and how it's just a clusterfuck of madness that somehow makes more sense the more you think about it, and the best Russian Roulette scene in history:

Playing this game again on PC is just, MUAH, it's perfect. This game is definitely made for mouse and keyboard, and it feels so damn good to finally aim at an enemy's weakpoint really fast, and in 60 FPS. This is how you make remasters right! Suda 51, make a sequel to this game plz! I want to see what happens to Garcian after this game!

135) Find the Line

An interesting puzzle game where you have to create an image that a specific level wants. It's pretty much a trial and error game until you create an image that the game wants. There are hidden stars and keys in the stages you can find which lets you unlock other stages. It's quite a relaxing game, especially since the music is soothing that it encourages you to take your time and make images!

Completed: Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus

Nice change playing as a well detailed faction other than the Space Marines. Love the main characters and their banter. Each mission has unique events with its own descriptions, choices, and dialogue. Good basic mechanics for a turn based game and good variety of equipment. Getting equipment randomly is unfortunate, the game is way to easy basically impossible to fail if you have any idea what you are doing to the point that I beat some of the bosses before they even got a turn in combat or said anything, starts to drag on with easy difficult and uninteresting locations only dialogue keeping you going. Uninteresting plot. The devs seem to be trying to make some good gameplay changes or the addition of more difficult modes. Would like to see more Warhammer games starring different factions and characters with more of a personality like these though.

Completed: Super Robot Wars EX
Platform: SNES

Fourth game in the series, three separate characters to play as with choices and order played in certain routes possibly effecting story paths or things you gain in the others. Adds ability to upgrade weapon damage (that I never liked). Series still not at a place where battles look that good, controls a little slow, and lacks some helpful features that would allow you to check stats and ranges quickly, ability to switch your weapon when counterattacking, and the ability to speed up or skip animations.

Completed: Power Blade
Platform: NES

An average NES side scrolling action game. Your boomerang weapon is dull to use when it isn't upgraded and the need to find a character in six of the stages to give you a code to open the boss door can be an annoying feature if you miss them and then have to backtrack.

Completed: Power Blade 2

Graphics are improved from the first game and the more linear nature of the levels (while still having a stage select option) make it more fun to play through. Can collect items to heal you when you hit select instead of the screen clearing grenades of the first game, and different suits can be found and equipped that make your attack more powerful and give you the ability to move in water, climb walls, hover, etc but use an energy meter when they are equipped. Also gained a slide move. It can still be a little sluggish to control and has too many parts with stage hazards that depend on moving walls or obstacles but end up moving so slowly that it is more likely to just take up time than being a hazard.

136) The Council

I LOVE this game. I believe you have beaten this game before, so I'm here to follow suit. This game is so much better than any of what Telltale does with their recent games, because in here, YOU ACTUALLY HAVE EXPLORATION & GAMEPLAY OTHER THAN QTES! So much fun unlocking all the skills at your disposal & becoming the jack of all trades that can help immensely while playing the game, especially while solving the various clever puzzles scattered around. The puzzle in the secret room bellow the garden to open the large crypt especially. I succeeded in all the confrontations & by the end of the game, I have become a master manipulator of words and persuaded the famous historical people to believe every word I say. Huahahahaha, it is glorious!

What on earth was that ending though? That is so simple that I can't believe it's that easy. I expected a better fight, but I'm still satisfied with the whole game. 

Then I found out that I actually picked just 1 out of many ways to end the game. There's an even more interesting ones that I can take, but I picked the simplest one instead. Well done game, you actually surprised me even in the end!

137) Ring of Elysium

It's PUBG, But in the snow, it's free to play, and you can either use a glider, a skyboard or a pickaxe to navigate. It's especially cool to have the final moments of a game about just running straight to a rescue helicopter before you get left behind in the snow.

I don't think it's a coincidence that PUBG had that Vikendi snow map released recently.

138) Fate Grand Order (English version)

This is it. The moment I have been waiting for so long is finally here. Fate Grand Order has finally released its final part 1 arc. Every single moment of me regularly playing this game monthly to get free 4 star servants and participating in the special events, every single day of me leveling up my group of brave heroes, and every heartbreak I had to endure because of the previous Fate, Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai VN/ films has cummulated to this exact moment.

And wow, it is fucking amazing & so so worth it. The 3 final chapters of the part 1 arc elevates the entire game from being really good, to being fantastic. The final chapter is especially awesome because it was released in December 20th, it's in real time and requires everyone in the world to beat the bosses before the end of 2018, and everyone already did it at Christmas! Now that is what I call a jolly Christmas cooperation! The final boss itself deserves mention for being a massive nostalgia trip to Fate Heaven's Feel final battle, being epic as all hell and accompanied by this fitting song:

The coolest thing is that one of the final chapter called Babylonia is going to be made into an anime. And I can't fucking wait to see it. Babylonia has so much amazing stuff in it that it'll make for an incredible watch.

This game is indeed the best free to play Smartphone game in existence right now, because every single month, updates rolls in that just improves the game over and over and over, and it is not slowing down. Not only that, the plot and characters are fucking amazing. Just as expected from the guy who made Tsukihime + Fate + Kara no Kyoukai. He doesn't care what game platform he has to work on, he make damn sure that every single thing he create is created fully and maximized to their full potential, and that is the mark of a great dev. I know Japan's version of this game has already surpassed this moment and are already up to part 2 of their epic story arc. Think of them as having Avengers Endgame already while the US version is currently still in Avengers Age of Ultron. I can't wait to get part 2 translated & playable!

This game is so good, that I am naming this my 2018 GOTY. YES, I SAID IT. Just like Persona 5 before which made my GOTY of 2017, even though that game was originally already in Japan in 2016, I will make this my GOTY this year. Because 2018 is the culmunation of every single time I spent on this game, and I feel so happy to be a part of this journey. I'll of course be making the usual top 10 best game of 2018, and this game is my number 1. 

Completed: Darkwing Duck

Action platformer similar in style to the Mega Man NES games. You can cling onto and climb up certain platforms and objects in the environment and can deflect certain attacks with your cape and can collect a few different shot types that you can switch to instead of your main attack but can only hold one at a time and with the exception of one that can act as platform they aren't very interesting. Good music, controls well.

New thread started for 2019