• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
argetlam350

Dark Souls Remastered

11 posts in this topic

It's time to head back to Lordran. Dark Souls is getting remastered for all current generation consoles: PC, PS4, XBone, and Switch:

Raxyn likes this

The makes me happy in places, I hope that they have a password system in place for friends to join each other and they fix that fucking tree you have to scale with the petrifaction toads and mushrooms  

Good news, some gameplay footage was shown recently for Dark Souls Remastered. Bad News, it was the Switch version. Nothing against the Switch but out of all the hardware it is being remastered for the Switch is the inferior version of them. Just saying I want to see the 60 fps not the 30 fps gameplay. But here it is anyway for anyone interested:

Other good news is that there will be a Network Test on ALL devices in the near future. No news on entirely when or how to gain access though it sounds like it might be an opened Network Test.

Some new images for Dark Souls Remastered have appeared curtisy of Famitsu magazine that shows the images from the Remaster on PS4. While the Switch gameplay didn't show any advancement with textures or lighting from the original, things seem to be different for the PS4 version where we can definitely tell there has been some enhancements.

tumblr_p5y4sfsYM01rb48exo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p5y4sfsYM01rb48exo2_1280.jpg

Book passage to Lordran and traverse the limits of adventure. From the top of the highest tower to the most obscure depths of the earth, this quest holds dangers and marvels beyond human understanding.

Well, good news is it's Dark Souls 1 for current gen consoles. And it looks better! Bad news is there's only minor tweaks to the game, with no new inclusions:

Graphics

• Dark Souls Remastered will have a 4K resolution with a compatible TV/monitor at 60fps on the Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC. It will display upscaled 4K resolution on PS4 Pro and Xbox One, while the PC version will be native 4K.
  • PS4 and Xbox One – 1080p resolution at 60fps.
  • On the Switch, it will have a 1080p resolution at 30fps when docked to TV, and 720p resolution at 30fps when in handheld mode.

Online Multiplayer

• The maximum number of players online has increased from 4 to 6.
  • The Dried Finger item will be needed to play with 6 players.
  • The Dried Finger has been moved from the Painted World of Ariamis level to the Undead Burg merchant to be obtainable earlier in the game. The Dried Finger location in the Painted World has been replaced with a Twin Humanities item.
  • Password Matchmaking is now available, similar to Dark Souls 3. When a player is summoned in Password Matchmaking the player level will be synced.
  • It's now easier for friends to be matched with each other. When the guest player’s character level and weapon is higher than that of the host player, the level will be adjusted accordingly.
  • Healing items will not be available during PvP with the exception of Estus Flasks. To prevent long and drawn out battles, the number of Estus Flasks is halved for phantoms.
  • When a player defeats an invading phantom, their Estus Flask is restored.
  • Players can turn on/off global matchmaking
  • Players can now prevent matched Red Phantoms from seeing their “White Sign Soapstone” sign
  • Players can no longer summon ally phantoms consecutively when in combat with enemy phantoms.
  • In online play, players who are outside of the host’s parameter range will not be matched with each other (the players can still be matched via Password Matching).

Arena

• 3v3 and 6-player deathmatch have been added.
  • Arena battles can also use Password Matching.
  • Respawn points will be random.

Everything Else

• Players can select the number of usable items, such as consumable souls or covenant items, to use instead of one at a time as in the original game.
  • The number of languages has been increased to the number found in Dark Souls 3.
  • A Bonfire has been added next to Vamos the Blacksmith.
  • Covenants can be switched at Bonfires.
  • Button configuration is available.
  • Items will not automatically be registered into an item slot when picked up.
  • When the up or down directional pad button is held down, the first item equipped will be selected.
  • The online network has been changed from P2P to dedicated servers.

Steam's original Dark Souls can't be bought anymore and will be replaced with the remastered version, which will probably be $40. 

That sucks. I would love for this remastered version to have those cool cut contents in the original included in the game, like these

And maybe have new sidequests. Like finally having being able to talk to Queelag since she has cut dialogue

My personal take: play Dark Souls 3 again. :)

Personally I think people thinking there were going to add new content were just asking to be let down. Would I like to see Undead King Jar-El, sure but ultimately that would be something for a remake not a remaster which I don't think I would want another developer to touch unless it was entirely Fromsoft behind the wheel. People seem to forget Fromsoft isn't the main developer on this remake, they are mostly advisors. Same thing with combat, I've seen people complain about it being slow, personally didn't have a problem jumping back into the slower combat, only thing I wished was we could move and heal. Of course if they changed the combat speed they would have to redo all the AI because they are just as slow. Again don't want another company touching it unless it's Fromsoft who again were not the main people behind the remake.

Also part of an FAQ thing before the stress test, one question was: Does the Network Client represent the final product of Dark Souls: Remastered? The answer given:
No, this test client is not considered a finalized demo of the product’s performance.

The only really concerning part of the stress test was the lack of Gravelords but this was apparently do to that being broken or something, actually if I remember a video that showed it off, it was crashing games, so they turned off the Gravelord covenant for the remainder of the stress test because of it. Overall it's Dark Souls and I'm okay with that and shall enjoy playing it. There is my two cents.

Finally footage of Blighttown. NO LAG!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/05/17/new-gameplay-today-dark-souls-remastered.aspx

Hohoho, I found an interesting thing about this remaster. There's an early prototype of Bloodborne's Upper Cathedral Ward in the game file, and a crafty modder played this map in GTAV.

Modders: they make everything even more awesome. That and the great joke videos creators.

Fuck you Sen's Fortress.  emot-argh.gifemot-argh.gif