• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

FirelanderX

Rome 2 Total War Blood and Gore DLC

38 posts in this topic

http://store.steampowered.com/app/259800/

Article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-01-why-total-war-rome-2-blood-and-gore-is-dlc

You have to pay $3 dollars to add blood to your game. What a ripoff! I honestly don't know why on earth Sega thought this was a good idea.

CeWolf1900, Tam Lam and Nasty Note like this

Well considering you got a free DLC for I cant remember what DLC it was like 2weeks ago or something I don't think its that bad dude, I have heard its pretty good that's what some of my mates have said.

A friend recently gave this dlc to me as a gift. It is okay the animations are cool and also the blood adds to the atmosphere, but it also makes it really goofy when all your soldiers are covert in blood after one gets one hit with a sword at an npc.

After the Rome 2 fiasco I lost all my confidence in CA. Shogun 2 had problems, but not nearly as much as Rome 2. I can't understand how they even have the balls to charge 3 bucks for a thing that already should be in the game. I guess I'll get back to original Rome and wish that Rome 2 would have been something great.

I just play the Coop Campaign with a mate its pretty decent :) 

Amazing. Now for Rome 3 I have a great idea: how about asking 3 USD for weapon sounds, 3 USD for backgrounds and 5 USD for music to be in the game? 
I mean, it's not that bad, really. If you don't want to pay, you can always play without these things.

Was the game patched well? I mean...is it now better than when Joe reviewed it?

I suspect the publisher was behind this.

A friend recently gave this dlc to me as a gift. It is okay the animations are cool and also the blood adds to the atmosphere, but it also makes it really goofy when all your soldiers are covert in blood after one gets one hit with a sword at an npc.

Dragon Age all over again

Shogun 2 's "Blood and Goore" was great, looks awesome together with "Fall Of The Samurai". Sad that it isn't alredy in the game :(

Well. They ARE a bit obliged to make it a DLC. I mean, I know the game's still broken at this point, but it's a PEGI 16 game. If they put blood in the game by a free patch, they'll have to make it a PEGI 18, which means, less buyers.

It's a cheap thing, yes. But they don't really have a choice in that case.

Doshka17 and Alanas4201 like this

Was the game patched well? I mean...is it now better than when Joe reviewed it?

Nope. I played it a week ago and while more playable than launch state for me it isn't any where near where it should be. Sure we got a free DLC for factions (something that, you know, should have been in the full game) but to me the Blood pack is just salt in the wound. Especially the way they lied about their game to get people to pre-order. I feel like such a mug. Though I must say having looked at this blood pack from the screenshots and such I don't really like the look. Feels a bit cartoony for me.

This is a thing so minor that you should not pay for it. Games with better devs such as ns2 would not even think about charging you for it. I can obviously understand charging you for new content, but this is just extreme. That said, it is still not as bad as charging people to play their favorite factions as day one dlc

http://store.steampowered.com/app/259800/

Article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-01-why-total-war-rome-2-blood-and-gore-is-dlc

You have to pay $3 dollars to add blood to your game. What a ripoff! I honestly don't know why on earth Sega thought this was a good idea.

It's not just a case of making money here. If Creative Assembly were to release this DLC for free they would increase the age rating of the game to 18. This creates a legal headache because players under the age of 18, legally, shouldn't be playing this game.

It's simply not a case of making money here, Creatively Assembly are not allowed to raise the age rating of a game that has already been shipped. Therefore any planned DLC with a rating above the original game must be given a price tag. I.e. "If you buy this product you are accepting your are 18+". 

I think the misconception here is, this is not "DLC", it is a Graphical addon!. :angry:

This game oozes violence from the get go, so to hide this "DLC" behind a ESRB raiting is just plan outrageous. This adds nothing to the game that shouldnt already be there considering its a hack and slash affiar with shields, swords, axes, spears. I mean HELLO? Theres gonna be blood if these types of things are hitting peoples faces!! lol :D

This should be manditory in the game settings, its a violent game, from a violent age, there not hitting each other with feathers are they? ^_^

I think its a sorry state of affairs to charge for this non dlc, in a still broken game, that has not lived up to the hype and stature that we was all promised, i was going to get this game, until i saw this "option setting dlc for £1.99!"

Whats next? Whos to say they wont charge for Music as dlc, or even a settings menu as dlc? - Hell to start the game you need to buy the "start game DLC", even thou you have paid £30+ for half a broken game already, here let us suck more money from you while we laugh and "smile and wave".

Ive never been able to get into total war games no matter how hard i tried (20 hours plus on rome 1 before steam ), I played rome 1, and shogun 2, both are much more enjoyable than this bug ridden affiar, after all the videos on it, and my friend who plays it all the time tells me about it, CA need to have a long hard look at themselves for selling this "Graphical update", caus thats all it is! - AS DLC !

DLC - Adds Content to the game, extra missions, units, factions, weapons, bosses, storylines, text, backstory, lore etc.

GRAPHICAL "DLC" - Adds "red effect on weapons and seeing people decapitated" - while cool, should be a free update, and not cost us any money at all, to say they would have lost "players" due to that is lunacy, its a deep strategy game, it already has a really strong fanbase, adding 2 years on the age raiting would proberly have cost them 0.2% of there player base, if even that.

*Inhales*

AH........right sorry for going off on one, but this kind of corperate crap makes my blood boil, and i just cant see how they can justify this as dlc! :lol:

As well as many other guys here - i think this is a ripoff. 
Like Freereaper said it's a graphical addon.. I mean has it really come this far with DLCs? Why not give that to the people for free? This seems like an option that wasn't added because they couldn't make it - but then they finish it too late and just thinks "hey lets publish this as DLC which they have to pay for?" 
And to the guy who said something about the free DLC - that was an apology for all the problems there was with Rome II at launch. The game was basicly broken at release. The least they could do was a free DLC. And I am fine with that. They did the right thing.. But the blood and gore package.. Nope. No way that is a good thing. That's just like Metro: Last lights Ranger mode.. Not cool. Not cool.

freereaperuk likes this

Can defininitely relate to some of the DLC hurt here, Would have much rather the community would have been given the blood and gore dlc as an apology, due to it being something that any RTW2 player will eventually get. In an Ideal world I suppose! :)

As for the state of the game, I think it's only now just beggining to get into any relitively stable state but I will point out that, for the most part, the modding community for all TW games generally picks up the slack in terms of content and suprisingly enough (atleast, for me) even game fixes! all be it temporary ones.

The point made about age rating is a fair one (Imo) Though I do feel where everyone is coming from with it content being used either to sate the community when they make mistakes, or, selling parts of the game due to the companies marketing team knowing X% will buy it.

ROFL wow that's pretty sad, Honestly at this point with rome 2 it should have been free. Hey maybe Rome 3 will charge you 5 bucks for combat sounds can't have the kids hearing people get hurt now.  -_-

Sigma081 likes this

I still think some of you are missing the point here. Regardless of what name you give to it, its an addon/DLC/extra content that increases the age rating. Whether you like it or not, legally it changes the age rating. That's not something creative assembly control. Decapitation takes it to 18, check your film ratings and you'll find the same thing.

Even if you think it's nothing, even if you think it should be in there anyway, the rating system says otherwise. Its something we can't argue with and neither can CA.

The current build of the game without blood effects is officially PEGI 16, which means the game can demonstrate the act of violence that one would expect in an equivalent real life situation. Blood effects are not included within this rating. If you add blood effects, the rating system views this as "content which may cause revulsion", especially when decapitation and limb loss is involved, and bumps it up to PEGI 18. 

PEGI 18 will be over the age of some customers who have already bought the game, so legally they can't increase the age rating without adding a pay wall. 

It's surprising how many of you are attacking the developers for this. This will happen in any game which releases mature content. 

What the hell? We have to pay for blood? 

The problem with the launch of Rome 2, is a cancer in the industry. Too many companies put out broken games then fix them after launch. Sim City, Diablo 3, just recently Battle Field 4. It's almost becoming the standard to fix your game after launch, so it's kinda hard to just point at CA.

As for the blood DLC, i think i can give it a miss. I remember when i was 13 i used to put a blood cheat/code into the original Mortal Kombat on the Mega-drive/Genesis. Then again like i said i was a kid, now i'm grown up i don't need Blood and gore in my life so much that i would pay for it. I'm sure there will be much better DLC that interests me.

But i do hope one day to go back and Play Rome 2, but i'll leave it till it's fixed (assuming its not fully fix yet)

I saw AlphaOhmegaSin reporting on this nonsense and he raised the point that having the option of having blood or not isn't a bad thing but you still shouldn't have to pay for it and I agree of course. The situation is not exactly helped by how broken the initial release was, well I don't know if it's CA or SEGA making these decisions (more likely SEGA) but COME ON!!!!!

Sigma081 likes this

I would rather pay $3 for special units for each faction than blood & gore in a game which focuses on warfare. This is just silly.

Grandmthethird likes this

For anyone defending the blood dlc price, the content can be age locked, so all you need is a valid CC to unlock it and pay 10 cents or something rediculously low, that way the game rating stays low for sales, and those who wish is can get it for literally nothing who are 18+. Charging a few dollars/quid may seem like nothing, but the nothings add up quickly rome 2 is a huge rip off of dlc to come, its clear they fucked it up by making the content first, then cuting it out and making it shiny for sale afterwords, right now theres blood dlc £1.99 nomadic pack £5.99 greek pack £5.99 plus the game itself £29.99 (these are steam prices as of now) taking out the blood age issue, the game is allready making folk pay an extra 50% over the original price for the factions allready in the game to be playable, how anyone can defend any part of this game is beyond me, and the excuse dlc and bug fixing patching costs money... wtf. They should have just had all the content fixed and ready to go day 1 and take the hit to there wallets for fixing broken issues and not charging there fans for it. There are more DLCs coming soon too, not to mention the inevitable expansions. There will be a barbarian invasion or similar expansion and that will no doubt have an extra blood dlc.. unit dlc.. pre order "bonus" and faction dlc... fuck that. The original game (rome 1 as well as medieval 1 and 2) rewarded you for playing, by giving the factions for free to play where did that change, oh yes corporate saw profit potential.. There small attempt at giving away free dlc if you bought it in certain periods was just one big fuck you to those who had allready bought it, not to mention allowing some retailers to sell the game cheaper than preorder too recently.

Bah I think im gonna ban myself from all rome 2 threads, urge to rant too much is overwhealming :)

Has a AJ said don't care about this game come after one expansion or two and check if it's good. I will personally pirate first if it's good I will buy it. I still have to buy the shogun expansion so I'm nowhere near to buy this game, if I ever do and only if it's a pack with all DLCs and expansions.