• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

    Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

  • PS4 Forum

    The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

    The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

  • XBO Forum

    The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

    The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

  • News Archive

    The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

    The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

  • More Info

    The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

    The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

  • The Team

    Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

    Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

  • The Tube

    The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

    Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doctor

Star Citizen PU Alpha 3.x

41 posts in this topic

The planned release of upcoming Alpha 3.1.0 is nearing and I expect Evocati-testers are going to have it on their hands in two weeks. Alpha 3.2.0 looks still way more interesting to me but it was good to see they were able to move Distress Call from Alpha 3.2.0 to Alpha 3.1.0 - hopefully they are able to keep it there.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, the development has progressed nicely and Alpha 3.1 PTU Live release should be ready in a week.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

Wow, Aegis Reclaimer is enormous and beautiful. It great to see the ships as first person view and be able to walk around them to only get an idea of a scale of them. Anvil Terrapin is a great looking ship as well.

 

 

 

As mentioned before Alpha 3.2 is way bigger release for me and the release is huge if they are able to push all the planned features in. Erin Roberts said before that Alpha 3.4 is the big release for CIG because of core tech it will include.

 

edit: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16468-Alpha-32-Feature-Survey

Edited by Doctor
Added link to the survey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2018 at 10:24 AM, Doctor said:

Alright, the development has progressed nicely and Alpha 3.1 PTU Live release should be ready in a week.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

Wow, Aegis Reclaimer is enormous and beautiful. It great to see the ships as first person view and be able to walk around them to only get an idea of a scale of them. Anvil Terrapin is a great looking ship as well.
 

 

 

Yet more DLC that for incomplete game that costs $400 frigging dollars!  Yeah they never seem to mention that do they!

 

q8rhOnk.png

 

God damn these guys!  I'm at a stage where none of this showcase of pure greed should really shock me anymore, but it still does!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

 

Yet more DLC that for incomplete game that costs $400 dollars!  Yeah they never seem to mention that do they!

 

q8rhOnk.png

 

God damn these guys!  I'm at a stage where none of this showcase of pure greed should really shock me anymore, but it still does!

Ships has proved to be an excellent way to get money to create this enormous game. We will have to wait and see if some other crowdfunded game will find out a better way.

Although Aegis Reclaimer is a beautiful ship I don't think it is for me. Even when I could earn it in-game I doubt I would have enough game hours to maintain the ship and keep it usable. I'm fine to own only a starter ship and work for players who owns Reclaimer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doctor said:

Ships has proved to be an excellent way to get money to create this enormous game. We will have to wait and see if some other crowdfunded game will find out a better way.

 

There is tons of other successful crowdfunded games and projects that don't continue to add more and more egregious stuff on top the initial funding like this are you kidding me!  Divinity: Original Sin 2 was crowdfunded and did Larian Studios continue to attempt pull hundreds or thousands more dollars out of it's backers during it's production after the project and stretch goals were already funded?  Hell fucking no!  They got the money, went into production, completed it, distributed the game and/or whatever backer awards to those who invested in it then put it on sale to generate their own revenue.


Why should their customers continue to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars of their own money for the "privilege" testing their unfinished game for them after they have already funded it?  They have given them the money already!  If CIG spent to much, didn't ask for enough money upfront or made promises they couldn't keep on the initial budget then that's on them!  I would say they have no right to nickle and dime their fans until they have developed some post-release content but we both know that the term "nickle and dime" would be a gross understatement.

Aya Reiko likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have pledged to around 10 games; PoE 1 and 2, Wasteland 2 and 3, D:OS 1 and 2, Elite: Dangerous, etc. All the games are way more simpler and nowhere near a size of Star Citizen (complexity, R&D, etc.)

CIG is not forcing anyone pledging more but people are doing it voluntarily. I don't find it a problem. As we can see there are lots of people who wanted Star Citizen be a huge project and that's what we got - I'm glad.

Travanix likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2018 at 4:28 PM, Doctor said:

I have pledged to around 10 games; PoE 1 and 2, Wasteland 2 and 3, D:OS 1 and 2, Elite: Dangerous, etc. All the games are way more simpler and nowhere near a size of Star Citizen (complexity, R&D, etc.)

CIG is not forcing anyone pledging more but people are doing it voluntarily. I don't find it a problem. As we can see there are lots of people who wanted Star Citizen be a huge project and that's what we got - I'm glad.

 

No, those people wanted a game, not an endless tirade of excuses to consume as much of thier money as possible. You're sounding more and more like a shady door to door salesman for CIG and that's hilarious given the fact you have convinced literally nobody in the AJSA to buy it, so you efforts aren't even working! Seriously, why don't you just give up?

Aya Reiko likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 6:25 PM, Shagger said:

No, those people wanted a game, not an endless tirade of excuses to consume as much of thier money as possible. You're sounding more and more like a shady door to door salesman for CIG and that's hilarious given the fact you have convinced literally nobody in the AJSA to buy it, so you efforts aren't even working! Seriously, why don't you just give up?

I don't ask or have ever asked anyone to support the project. People may support the project if they find it interesting and promising. I recommend not to support any crowdfunded project if one is not ready to loose their money.

Alpha 3.1 is yet another step forward and it is great that backers are able to give these versions a try during the development. Service Beacon is pretty interesting feature and gives players a nice way to be proactive with other players. Of course it is only first iteration at this point but a nice addition neverheless. Alpha 3.2 should improve it greatly.

edit: Looks very good although I would have hoped Service Beacon improvements would be higher.

status of the survey (according to reddit)

Priority Vote 1   Vote 2   Vote 3     Combined    Adjusted  Rank
Item 2.0 Ship Systems and Weapons 30% 19% 14% 63% 21%   1st
Party System 21% 15% 12% 48% 16%   2nd
Economy/Shopping UI Experience 12% 17% 16% 45% 15%   3rd
FPS AI Combat 14% 13% 13% 40% 13%   4th
Quantum Linking 8% 13% 13% 34% 11%   5th
Service Beacon Improvements 5% 8% 12% 25% 8%   6/7th
First Tier of Guilds & Associations 7% 8% 10% 25% 8%   6/7th
Improved Interdiction 1% 3% 5% 9% 3%   8/9th
Team Chat 1% 4% 4% 9% 3%   8/9th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Doctor said:

I don't ask or have ever asked anyone to support the project. People may support the project if they find it interesting and promising. I recommend not to support any crowdfunded project if one is not ready to loose their money.

Alpha 3.1 is yet another step forward and it is great that backers are able to give these versions a try during the development. Service Beacon is pretty interesting feature and gives players a nice way to be proactive with other players. Of course it is only first iteration at this point but a nice addition neverheless. Alpha 3.2 should improve it greatly.

 

First iteration? It's been 7 years and I've seen you talk endlessly about how this is "constantly evolving" and how wonderful and massive every new update it is, but this is the first iteration. The hypocrisy is unreal. And i never said you asked people to support it, I said you've been trying to sell it, there's a difference.

Aya Reiko likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Shagger said:

First iteration? It's been 7 years and I've seen you talk endlessly about how this is "constantly evolving" and how wonderful and massive every new update it is, but this is the first iteration. The hypocrisy is unreal. And i never said you asked people to support it, I said you've been trying to sell it, there's a difference.

Well, in software development the features will go trough multiple iterations. In more complicated project the features may stay in their development branches for a long time before they are being merged to master branch. In this case we don't know how many iterations these feature has went through internally but this is the first public one.

The difference with Star Citizen compared to many other games is that we are able to test and give feedback to a many features they are working on. Most of the games, for example Cyberpunk 2077 and The Last Of Us 2, are being worked behind the closed doors and we are not able to see those iterations.

We all are "selling" the game if we say something positive about them, posting trailers, E3 hype, giving a good points in reviews, etc. It is not problem to me and I don't care if anyone gets interested in Star Citizen or any other game because the discussions we have here - why would I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone but the Kool-Aid drinkers sees this game as a joke.  7 years, nearly $200 million, and it's nothing more than a buggy, broken TECH DEMO.

And Discovery stage of the CryTek lawsuit is when the real fun begins.

And Doc, you're nothing but a lair and an out-of-touch idiot.  "Star Citizen compared to many other games is that we are able to test and give feedback to a many features they are working on"?!?  Ever hear of Early Access?  Open Beta?  GODDAMN IT, you are THE biggest pile of stupid I've seen in a long, long time.  And I know you tried to pass a very edited version of the Gamescon 17 as just how great that game is while hiding away all the crashes, bugs, and fails.  You're nothing but a worthless hype man, spewing bullshit, garbage, and lies in a pathetic attempt to get anybody interested in that failing scam of a game.  Every post of yours can be summarized as "Please buy this game, PLEASE!"  And we've been down this road before.  You're pathetic.  Do us all a favor, and FUCK OFF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Aya Reiko said:

And Doc, you're nothing but a lair and an out-of-touch idiot.  "Star Citizen compared to many other games is that we are able to test and give feedback to a many features they are working on"?!?  Ever hear of Early Access?  Open Beta?

You forgot crowdfunded games in general and most importantly - open source games. Still, there are still many other games we are not able to test during their development.

Most of the games I play these days are crowdfunded and Early Access games.

Have you tried Alpha 3.1 yet? How did you like it?

 

AJSA Code of Conduct

"Forum and Discord Rules

Trolling/Don't Be A Dick: Treat other people with respect.

..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just find it really funny that you uese Cyberpunk 2077 and The Last of Us 2 as examples of games developed behind closed doors and thus are less transparent when thier repective developers (CD Project Red and Naughty Dog) both have stellar reputations for the quality of the games the produce, honsety and respect towards thier customers and fair minded business practices. They are masters of the craft that practically kiss the ground thier fans walk on. To even bring them up as comparison in a topic about CIG and/or Star Citizen is frankly insulting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I just find it really funny that you uese Cyberpunk 2077 and The Last of Us 2 as examples of games developed behind closed doors and thus are less transparent when thier repective developers (CD Project Red and Naughty Dog) both have stellar reputations for the quality of the games the produce, honsety and respect towards thier customers and fair minded business practices. They are masters of the craft that practically kiss the ground thier fans walk on. To even bring them up as comparison in a topic about CIG and/or Star Citizen is frankly insulting.

Well, you can pick pretty much any upcoming huge AAA game if you think it makes difference. The point is the process how these are being developed not the game itself or the developer.

I hope the game industry will change in future, but it is easy to understand why developers wants to keep their development process as closed as possible.

@Legolas_Katarnposted once this great article:

Game Designer Says Developers Would Be More Candid If Gamer Culture Wasn't So Toxic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aya Reiko said:

Everyone but the Kool-Aid drinkers sees this game as a joke.  7 years, nearly $200 million, and it's nothing more than a buggy, broken TECH DEMO.

And Discovery stage of the CryTek lawsuit is when the real fun begins.

And Doc, you're nothing but a lair and an out-of-touch idiot.  "Star Citizen compared to many other games is that we are able to test and give feedback to a many features they are working on"?!?  Ever hear of Early Access?  Open Beta?  GODDAMN IT, you are THE biggest pile of stupid I've seen in a long, long time.  And I know you tried to pass a very edited version of the Gamescon 17 as just how great that game is while hiding away all the crashes, bugs, and fails.  You're nothing but a worthless hype man, spewing bullshit, garbage, and lies in a pathetic attempt to get anybody interested in that failing scam of a game.  Every post of yours can be summarized as "Please buy this game, PLEASE!"  And we've been down this road before.  You're pathetic.  Do us all a favor, and FUCK OFF.

 

That is out of order mate!  Constructive criticism is fine but that is just being insulting.

Shagger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Well, you can pick pretty much any upcoming huge AAA game if you think it makes difference. The point is the process how these are being developed not the game itself or the developer.

I hope the game industry will change in future, but it is easy to understand why developers wants to keep their development process as closed as possible.

@Legolas_Katarnposted once this great article:

Game Designer Says Developers Would Be More Candid If Gamer Culture Wasn't So Toxic

 

Can I just quickly point out that Cyberpunk 2077 is an indie game? As in it's independently published, or self published is often the term. I would have a expected you, as a Star Citizen fan who hypes and discusses the game at length on internet forums, of all people to know that when a game as in "indie game" actully has to nothing do with how much money or heritage is behind the project.

 

And yes, the gaming community has more that it's fair share of toxicity in it, but this topic/debate has nothing to do that. The anger amongst gamers over what's been going on with this sinking ship is not the cause of ths projects problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shagger said:

Can I just quickly point out that Cyberpunk 2077 is an indie game? As in it's independently published, or self published is often the term. I would have a expected you, as a Star Citizen fan who hypes and discusses the game at length on internet forums, of all people to know that when a game as in "indie game" actully has to nothing do with how much money or heritage is behind the project.

And yes, the gaming community has more that it's fair share of toxicity in it, but this topic/debate has nothing to do that. The anger amongst gamers over what's been going on with this sinking ship is not the cause of ths projects problems.

My point wasn't about amount of money or game being indie or being published by a publisher. What I wanted to say is that we are able to see different feature iterations in Star Citizen unlike in many other big games like Cyberpunk 2077 or TLOU 2 which are in development too.

I guess I can be called "a fan" but only for some degree at the moment. I really like how CIG is developing the game and I like they are trying to do something very ambitious. To me it is fun to be able to discuss about the game during its development and in Star Citizen case it is easy because the developers are communicating with us and we are able to give development versions a try.
The amount of support the project has shows already that there is a place for this kind of (space) game. As far as I know there is no a game which could replace it / be alternative at the moment and this is one reasons which make it interesting to follow the project.
It is still early to say if I'm going to like the game itself. The current version of Star Citizen has some aspects I don't like much, so there will be compromises I may have to do. Will those end up to be too big and ruin the game for me, I can only wait and see ...

There are some other games in development I'm as big fan of but unfortunately the developers are working behind the closed doors so there is no much to discuss about them at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2018 at 6:21 AM, Doctor said:

My point wasn't about amount of money or game being indie or being published by a publisher. What I wanted to say is that we are able to see different feature iterations in Star Citizen unlike in many other big games like Cyberpunk 2077 or TLOU 2 which are in development too.

I guess I can be called "a fan" but only for some degree at the moment. I really like how CIG is developing the game and I like they are trying to do something very ambitious. To me it is fun to be able to discuss about the game during its development and in Star Citizen case it is easy because the developers are communicating with us and we are able to give development versions a try.
The amount of support the project has shows already that there is a place for this kind of (space) game. As far as I know there is no a game which could replace it / be alternative at the moment and this is one reasons which make it interesting to follow the project.
It is still early to say if I'm going to like the game itself. The current version of Star Citizen has some aspects I don't like much, so there will be compromises I may have to do. Will those end up to be too big and ruin the game for me, I can only wait and see ...

There are some other games in development I'm as big fan of but unfortunately the developers are working behind the closed doors so there is no much to discuss about them at the moment.

 

Your giving CIG so much credit for their transparency and communication but just like any crowdfunded project that's just what I would expect them to do by default.  I don't give them any bonus points for that especially since what they are really doing is marketing the ongoing Alpha and its disgusting store.  Take a look at the video you posted earlier, it is literally a commercial for the $400 DLC!  I know they have actual developer updates, Q & A's among other stuff as well but still!
 



You also keep trying to enforce this idea of their transparency being such an act of consumer friendliness by comparing CIG to the likes of Naughty Dog or CD Projekt Red who develop for the most part behind closed doors.  That point doesn't hold water at all because they aren't crowdfunded and have no obligation to do that!  It's good that the Star Citizen developers are communicating with the fans but that same community are also financiers so that is what I would expect them to do.  They are obliged to communicate, especially since the public investors are effectively the test team as well.  I don't necessarily need to know everything that's going on at Naughty Dog with regards to the production of The Last of Us 2 and if they are being more transparent with Sony (ie: their financiers) then they are with us, then I've got no problem with that.

 

Most other games even among crowdfunded ones don't use constant external testing and by extension the few that do don't use the opportunity to milk it with so much overpriced bullshit.  I've supported Overload which just entered BETA about a month ago and they have kept up communication, given me access to different builds during the production most of which exclusive as per the contract I made when I backed it by the amount that I did and pretty soon I'm going to have a complete game. The only time they asked for anything else is when the BETA first launched and I got an email from Revival productions offering me for just an extra £20 an exclusive plasma cannon for multiplayer............ Actually no that is a complete lie! they haven't put up any additional monetized content, made any offers or asked for any additional money from me or anybody else at all other than putting the game up on early access.

 

I don't hold crowdfunded games to the same ethical standard as the AAA industry and in most aspects, I actually hold them up to a higher one because it's OUR money their playing with.

Shagger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CIG has been pushing updates many times more than all other crowdfunded games I have supported combined. Giving updates to backers is not mandatory and in many cases they have done that very rarely. I don't mind about that although it is always nice to get more information how the project is progressing.

I don't consider Reclaimer as DLC since I do have access to it with my $40 starter pack. I think those videos looks nice and just made me more glad we are getting such a beautiful ships to Star Citizen. Am I going to support the project with a the price of Reclaimer? No, I am not.

My point with Cyberpunk 2077 and TLOU 2 is that their development process is different - I didn't say it is worse. I personally hope gaming industry moves towards openness but I don't see it to happen anytime soon.

I can't consider it as a failure until I see another space game in development like Star Citizen; they have been able to fund the project and the project is going forward. I do support and follow many other space games; Elite: Dangerous, X4, DUAL Universe, Hellion, Infinity: Battlescape, etc. but so far none of them is like Star Citizen even with its current features and that's why I do support Star Citizen as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.1 Publish to Live

After testing this release for some hours it feels pretty solid at this point (couple of crashes and filed bugs). If persistence would have get merged I could have tried actually play the game instead of just testing. Hopefully full persistence will be integrated in Alpha 3.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alpha 3.1.3 PTU patches were pretty good and Live patch has worked for me without stability issued for some hours now.

The latest ATV shows first iteration (tier 0) of planetary mining and other Alpha 3.2 features. I hope they are able to include all the planned features.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Travanix said:

Can't wait for this game.... I have a Hammerhead and a Constellation Aquila

 

The actual game is never going to come out..... it will be in alpha forever and/or until the money dries up.  Just informing you to save you any potential disappointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0