• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doctor

Star Citizen PU Alpha 3.x

42 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Travanix said:

Can't wait for this game.... I have a Hammerhead and a Constellation Aquila

Hammerhead is very impressive looking ship. Have you joined to any organization this ship could be useful for or are you planning to play solo with NPCs?

I like Constallation although I think it requires update to current ship standards. I'm not sure if there has been any rumors yet if/when that could happen.

After quite many patches Alpha 3.1.4 has now been released to LIVE. So far the version feels pretty great to me and it is pleasant to do more testing with it.

Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.4 LIVE.757485 Patch Notes

I'm not personally a huge fan how flying feels currently but it is most likely going to be one compromise I have to do. I still hope Item 2.0, IFCS tuning, use of thrusters, etc. will make it more DCS/Rogue System and less TIE fighter/X-Wing/Wing Commander/etc.

The latest AtV (2018-05-17) has some updates about Alpha 3.2 features like Item Kiosk, mining, etc.

PU Alpha 3.2 is now officially branched and CIG is preparing it for release in Q2.

The latest AtV shows some scanning functionality, different NPC FPS behaviour, etc. and earlier episodes shows mining, item shopping and various of other functionality and improvements coming in upcoming release.

Some very nice new features coming in PU Alpha 3.2 but according to what I have seen far the functionality looks a bit too simplified for my taste. I do hope they will give them more depth and complexity in upcoming iterations. But unfortunately knowing games these days and game business I think things will be kept simple.

1 hour ago, Doctor said:

PU Alpha 3.2 is now officially branched and CIG is preparing it for release in Q2.

The latest AtV shows some scanning functionality, different NPC FPS behaviour, etc. and earlier episodes shows mining, item shopping and various of other functionality and improvements coming in upcoming release.

Some very nice new features coming in PU Alpha 3.2 but according to what I have seen far the functionality looks a bit too simplified for my taste. I do hope they will give them more depth and complexity in upcoming iterations. But unfortunately knowing games these days and game business I think things will be kept simple.

The fact you posted this without saying anything about the storm of controversy that has come about surrounding this, and don't deny it, you knew about this, is just further proof that that you are nothing but a but bias hype man desperately cold calling this community to sell this game. You are not being honest. Tell the whole story as the "impartial person reporting news on Star Citizen" that you claim be or piss off. I know that me making this post is a bit confrontational, but I'm sick of you putting on blinkers to the glaring moral issues that this game and people involved with it are clearly showing.

9 minutes ago, Shagger said:

The fact you posted this without saying anything about the storm of controversy that has come about surrounding this, and don't deny it, you knew about this, is just further proof that that you are nothing but a but bias hype man desperately cold calling this community to sell this game. You are not being honest. Tell the whole story as the "impartial person reporting news on Star Citizen" that you claim be or piss off. I know that me making this post is a bit confrontational, but I'm sick of you putting on blinkers to the glaring moral issues that this game and people involved with it are clearly showing.

It is just updated The Completionist package. Those individuals and organizations who are able to support the project with that amount of money are fine to do so - why would I care?

I'm interested about the game itself. I supported the project with ~$45 and I'm interested to follow the development of the project and testing it as much as I can. To me it has been a great experience so far already. Until there is other alternatives for Star Citizen I will continue following and testing the project.

Maybe rumoured Bethesda's 'Starfield' could be the next space game I will get interested in. If the project exists and it provides the same experience as Star Citizen I'm ready to make a purchase for sure.

13 minutes ago, Doctor said:

It is just updated The Completionist package. Those individuals and organizations who are able to support the project with that amount of money are fine to do so - why would I care?

I'm interested about the game itself. I supported the project with ~$45 and I'm interested to follow the development of the project and testing it as much as I can. To me it has been a great experience so far already. Until there is other alternatives for Star Citizen I will continue following and testing the project.

Maybe rumoured Bethesda's 'Starfield' could be the next space game I will get interested in. If the project exists and it provides the same experience as Star Citizen I'm ready to make a purchase for sure.

As I explained in that topic, the fact you're a pledgee if a more mere $45 is exactly why you should be furious because clearly CIG doesn't give a peasant's shit about you nor any of the other low level dirt because how dare they not give us thousands of dollars. They are now catering solely for the self centered ass holes who feel $27,000 is best spent on a fucking video game, probably not even 1% of the fanbase that supports them.

But that's not even the point. You are a deluded hype man who, for reasons that totally escape me, is desperate to sell this game. That's not "keeping people informed", it's hiding the negative, it's dishonest. That's why YOU never mentioned this to us nor any of the other forums, communities or social media you probably doing this on. You're getting nowhere here, so why keep going?

The game will be the same to me no matter if I will give them $45 or $27,000. The development goes forward and that's all I care. Other people can support the project by pledging as much as they wish and even get The Completionist package or buy all the same ships one by one if they like - it is nothing away from me.

Sharing information how the projects goes forward, new releases people can tests etc. are topics I'm interested. I'm sure there will be lots of discussion about unfinished games during E3 and discussion how their development progress when ever the developers gives info about it.

1 hour ago, Doctor said:

The fact that you don't is a serious problem.  Your turning a totally blind eye to everything that CIG does that's clearly wrong.  I want to take a deep breath and say the following words slowly and out loud to yourself:

"It is perfectly fine to charge twenty-seven thousand dollars for DLC in an incomplete game"

Breathe in.......

"It is perfectly fine to charge twenty-seven thousand dollars for DLC in an incomplete game"

Breathe in.......

If this doesn't sound any alarms at all then there is something seriously wrong with you.  Here's the truth no matter how much you hype it:

1. This game will NEVER come out of Alpha ....... EVER!
  2. They are stunting the development intentionally to keep the lucrative pledge store open.
  3. They have lied and cheated their fans and business partners repeatedly.
  4. People like you have let yourselves be blinded by what the game has the potential to be and can't see what it actually is.

It's sad actually, fans of Chris Robert's previous exploits are just going to continue to let themselves be conned.  CIG will forever tease them keeping it close enough to keep them paying but will forever be out of their reach, like a dog chasing its own tail.

Shagger likes this

I'm absolutely fine crowdfunding projects asks support as they find best. Some projects has high price pledges additional to "normal" ones and some has PayPal or other paymant systems open so people can support the project with as much money as they want.

Those who supports the project with $27,000 gets just ships I want to earn in-game and most of them are ships I don't need or want anyway. I wouldn't have gained anything by supporting the game with more money than $45.

Star Citizen has gave me great experiences already so I don't have much to complain. I look forward other games to provide similar experiences but so far it looks like there are no alternatives for Star Citizen. Maybe E3 will change this, we will see.

Alpha 3.2.0 PTU is now available for Wave 1, Concierge and Subscribers. The current patch is Alpha 3.2.0i.

I was able to give it a try and I'm pretty happy to first iteration of planetside mining implementation, but hopefully it will require even more player interactivity in upcoming iterations. More challenging the better. I wasn't able to try other bigger changes but the patch should go Live within a week so no need to wait for long.

Roadmap

A nice release with some bigger changes included. Despite of summer I hope they are able to do some Alpha 3.2.x releases as they did with Alpha 3.1. They improved the base version greatly.

Alpha 3.3 (Q3) will be the biggest update this year with some crucial core tech additions - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

On 6/30/2018 at 3:27 PM, Doctor said:

A nice release with some bigger changes included. Despite of summer I hope they are able to do some Alpha 3.2.x releases as they did with Alpha 3.1. They improved the base version greatly.

Alpha 3.3 (Q3) will be the biggest update this year with some crucial core tech additions - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

I remember Angry Joe doing some videos a while back and I believe created a corporation? I'm at work so I cant go to the official forums to look. Is there and active Corp there still?

17 minutes ago, Xenith said:

I remember Angry Joe doing some videos a while back and I believe created a corporation? I'm at work so I cant go to the official forums to look. Is there and active Corp there still?

Looks like there is - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/AJSA

Interesting to see what kind of org it is going to be. Who knows, maybe I'm joining it one day as well.

Xenith likes this

Alpha 3.2.1 went Live a week ago and despite of being "a minor patch" it includes couple of bigger changes. They started to refactor cannon functionality and ESP got some changes as well. I don't personally like ESP changes at all and I really hope new team will make some big changes to flight combat overall including big changes how thrusters works etc. Interesting times.

Alpha 3.2.1i is now in PTU so it seems that they are still preparing some smaller changes to Alpha 3.2 version.

Alpha 3.3 will be the biggest and probably most important patch so far. This time I really envy Evocatis although it is going to be very bumpy ride ...

So, lots of has happened since last post. Alpha 3.5 has been released and it is getting Quality of Life patches. Main focus has moved to Alpha 3.6.

Are people here testing Alpha 3.5 or waiting for post-alpha version first?

Which are most interesting features is Alpha 3.6 you are looking forward?