• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Detroit Become Human. Do you think there will be a supernatural twist in the game?

2 posts in this topic

This game is right around the corner. I like the previous games of David Cage. Indigo Prohecy/ Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls even. Yeah those games aged poorly.......

But I still like em. They're still entertaining and makes me laugh my ass off by how stupid/ absurd the moments in the games are. 

Detroit Become Human will probably be a much better Heavy Rain that has the same "choices actually matter and will change the future outcomes of the game" thing, which thank God it has because I'm so fucking sick of these Telltale Games & games that pretends there's choices but none of them fucking matters. I can't wait to see what the game has to offer & what scenarios will happen depending on my choices.

Now the question for this game is this: will Detroit Become Human have a supernatural twist to it, or some kind of mind blowing twist that changes everything? Because David Cage has done this sort of thing in the past. Indigo Prophecy has the main character being some sort of a Jedi Neo esque hero because of this "Chroma" that he's exposed to when he was a child, which then leads to some kung fu fighting with some Oracle dude that works for the Orange Clan, which are enemies with supreme AIs the Purple Clan.... yeah that game is weird. Then there's Heavy Rain which although is grounded in reality, there's a couple of supernatural "mindlink" element between Ethan and the Origami Killer, which unfortunately is never explained because the explanation was cut. Then of course there's Beyond Two Souls with whatever is in the entire game.

My guess is that it's no coincidence that the 3 main characters in Detroit Become Human broke out of their programming and they Become Human. (PUNS) I think that these 3 are possessed by dead people who got reincarnated into androids. And it's possible that many of the androids in the game are possessed by spirits as well, which in the end of the game will lead to this big revelation that maybe Beyond Two Souls and Detroit Become Human actually takes place in the same universe. I mean it's highly possible, Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain took place in the same universe so why not this? I want to see the 3 main characters finding out that they were once human in their past life & what they will do afterwards. And have Helen Page returning in a cameo and have you help her fight dark entities. That'll be fun.

Or you know, maybe the big twist in the game itself is that there are no big twists and that this game is just as straightforward as advertised about androids who broke out of their programming and decided to Become Human. (PUNS AGAIN :D) 

It's kind of hard to say, he does tend to lean towards supernatural elements but with Detroit Become human he doesn't really seem to be leaning toward the kind of commentary where that would really fit.