• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

chocokaran67

Need recommendations for games

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I've just picked up a new laptop (Lenovo y720) and wanted to get some recommendations for games that i should play.

Haven't really bought any pc games since 2016, so i have no idea about what is out there in the market. Do let me know what your favorite games are currently.

Thank you and happy gaming.

chocokaran67

Some good recent games (2017-Now) available on the PC would be Celeste, Night in the Woods, Divinity Original Sin 2, Endless Space 2, Danganronpa series, Hitman 2016 (I think the second episode is still free), What Remains of Edith Finch, Hollow Knight, Torment Tides of Numenera, They Are Billions, Iconoclasts, NieR, Gorogoa, Total War Warhammer 2, Tacoma, Into the Breach, West of Loathing, Dandara, Warhammer Vermintide 2, Wolfenstein II, Nioh The Complete Edition, XCOM 2 War of the Chosen, Beholder, Slay the Spire, Dead Cells, Ghost of a Tale, Reigns Her Majesty, Pyre. Battletech comes out next month.

RuneX and chocokaran67 like this

Great laptop choice! You can pretty much play any game with that.

Hmmmm, so you haven't bought any games since 2016. There's a lot of stuff you're going to enjoy playing then. Here's what I personally think are great 2017 games that's available on PC

Cuphead

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Nioh

Tekken 7 (if you like fighting games)

Resident Evil Biohazard 7

Prey (2017)

Dead Cells

Hollow Knight

The Evil Within 2

Nier Automata

2018 has been.... pretty dry at the moment. But there are good stuff. 

Dragon Ball FighterZ (again, if you like fighting games)

The Fall 2 Unbound (recommend playing the first game The Fall too)

Ni No Kuni 2

Final Fantasy XV

If you're looking to buy these or other PC games, I suggest not buying them full price on Steam. Get them through a website that sells games in a bundle, like these

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/humble-indie-bundle-19?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/

Or a search website to find which sites can sell a game at the cheapest of prices

https://www.comparecdkeys.net/PC/Keys

And if you actually buy a game from Steam and you beat it under 2 hours, you can do a Steam refund and get your money back. Always remember this if you somehow bought walking simulators, like Tacoma, What Remains of Edith Finch, Dear Esther, Gone Home, Virginia or Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Actually these games are best just seen on youtube. They tell good stories & you don't have to pay a thing to experience them.

Look forward to the upcoming games later this year! With your laptop, you'll be able to enjoy them to the fullest!

chocokaran67 likes this

Thank you both so much for the recommendations, 

It certainly looks like i've missed a lot in the last 2 years. 

Thank you again and happy gaming. :)