• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
e99r0ll

Remember the Anonymous attack on PS3?

28 posts in this topic

That hack attack on ps3 servers? Oh my god i'm still having flashbacks...  :blink: Any memories about this sad moment in ps3 history?

My PS3 was shelved for a time and that happened while I didn't use my PS3, however I did bring it back out briefly to change passwords....

i lost my fist account to that hack luckily i had not used money on it

Oh yes, I recall with dread the time period where I went and read a book and did other productive things. 

what i remember is xbox 360 owners, bashing on ps3 security... But then we got free shit!

In my opinion I don't think it was Anonymous. Mainly because if it was them they probably would have made it widely known it was them, and because knocking the Playstation Network offline for 4 months was only hurting the gamers and not the company.

But yeah, that almost made me completely lose faith in the PS3.

Oh yeah i remember this! Luckily i think i was away or something during the worst of it, so it didn't affect me too much.

From what I could remember I was on holiday when it happened. I think it was anonymous because I saw them on the news the night that it happened.

An embaressing time for Sony.

Since I focused on the online for the 360 it didn't really effect me and then I got free games from it.

Nasty Note likes this

In my opinion I don't think it was Anonymous. Mainly because if it was them they probably would have made it widely known it was them, and because knocking the Playstation Network offline for 4 months was only hurting the gamers and not the company.

But yeah, that almost made me completely lose faith in the PS3.

i believe it wasnt an Anonymous hacktivists attack if they had no reason to attack PSN and Sony, which raises the important question: if they did attack Sony, why then?

I believe actually Anonymous stated that they didn't do it, rather that it was a splinter group from Anonymous that hacked. If I remember Anonymous tried to stay out of the blame of it actually rather then try and say they did it.

Oh yes. I still remember that around that time I got MK 9 and pissed off I couldn't play the online for some time.

Honestly I did not care after they gave me some free stuff... although Xbox fanboys have been milking this dry. I remember not being able to play online for sooooo long although it did not effect me much because I mostly play single player for all my games.

What I love about PS3 is that it was never like they only focused on online gaming. I easily dealt with it with all my single-player games. It really was sad though, and I hate when Xbox fanboys bring it up to defend their system. Seriously, the anonymous hacker(s) must have been really good at what they do. 

The attack was actually kinda useful to me...I finished games I haven't finished and then got 2 games, well 4 games for free. That was awesome

I remember it but didn't have a PS3 in that time so it didn't affect me luckly.

I remember, I had just recently gotten a online only game called MAG and I could not play it at all during that time.  

That attack was sad. The response was horrible, and I remember reading all the hate via comments online. "shudders"

I didn't get my ps3 till after the attack so I guess I missed all the chaos ;]

Caught up on backlogged games. Got free games. And Sony stepped up their game. I didnt mind the down time.

Was an interesting time in gaming history.