• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

NXT Takeover New Orleans & Wrestlemania 34. This is a great day to be a wrestling fan! :D :D :D

5 posts in this topic

Wow. Wow. Wow wow wow WOOOOOOW. 2 wrestling PPVs back to back that actually delivered and are fucking awesome. I am so happy to be a wrestling fan!

NXT Takeover did it again. Another great show in a line of consistently great shows. Great chaotic ladder match at the start with bodies flying everywhere, solid matches afterwards before the end, and a great closure to the rivalry of Gargano and former piece of crap tag team partner Ciampa, with probably one of the most profanities and f bombs in a wrestling match for WWE. I thought NXT was supposed to be PG. :D 

Wreslemania 34 though, that was surprising. I thought that it would be at least a fun show with a few great matches here and there.

I was wrong. Half of the damn matches are fucking awesome. And there's cool moments peppered throughout. Undertaker is back, Bryan shows that he can still kicks ass, that kid Strowman picked as his tag team partner will be the talk of his school when he brings his belt, Lesnar vs Reigns was the equivalent of a match in one of the WWE 2K games where both guys have stored 5 finishers and just unleash all of them, well more accurately the Yuke's WWE games from the PS2 but whatever, all in all, a good fun show. It's unfortunate that the crowd for AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura was quite silent, probably because of that pop from Daniel Bryan's return before, but it's still a pretty good match. Who would have thought that the best match in the entire show was Kurt and Rousey against Stephanie and Triple H?? And that's not because the rest of the show was bad, oh far from it, but because Rousey showed the world that she got what it takes to whoop ass in the ring as soon as Kurt hot tags her in. Holy mother of God was she a freaking beast here. She transitions from MMA to wrestling perfectly. And this just shows that MMA fighters have hidden talents to do pro wrestling, right alongside Shayna Baszler and Matt Riddle. Well done Rousey!

I'm gonna watch both shows again. What a great day to be a wrestling fan! 

I've only seen Wrestlemania but will be checking out NXT Takeover probably tomorrow.  It was a good show, Ronda Rousey was far better in the ring than I expected and almost everyone had a good match.  The only weak ones were The Undertaker Vs Cena, I think the time it took for Taker to walk down the ramp was longer than the actual match.  If the Undertaker can't do it anymore then he should just announce his retirement.  Even that wasn't as bad Lesner Vs Reigns, I genuinely don't understand why Brock Lesnar is even in a wrestling ring.  He has literally 3 moves, German Suplex, Belly to Belly and his signature F5 (and he's not even particularly good at any of them) and every match he's in is exactly the fucking same slow exhibition of pure distilled boring!  It's not like MMA fighters can't transition here, Ronda Rousey just proved that in her debut and already has more moves and charisma that knucklehead does! He's a joke that clearly belongs nowhere near this industry!

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I've only seen Wrestlemania but will be checking out NXT Takeover probably tomorrow.  It was a good show, Ronda Rousey was far better in the ring than I expected and almost everyone had a good match.  The only weak ones were The Undertaker Vs Cena, I think the time it took for Taker to walk down the ramp was longer than the actual match.  If the Undertaker can't do it anymore then he should just announce his retirement.  Even that wasn't as bad Lesner Vs Reigns, I genuinely don't understand why Brock Lesnar is even in a wrestling ring.  He has literally 3 moves, German Suplex, Belly to Belly and his signature F5 (and he's not even particularly good at any of them) and every match he's in is exactly the fucking same slow exhibition of pure distilled boring!  It's not like MMA fighters can't transition here, Ronda Rousey just proved that in her debut and already has more moves and charisma that knucklehead does! He's a joke that clearly belongs nowhere near this industry!

That I think is the right move for Taker and Cena. Considering how depressing it was seeing him last year when the match went too long and he got overexposed, it's the best to have a squash match that keeps him strong.

Don't forget though, when Brock was young, he has way more moves.

Now he's like "I'm a former UFC champ, so I don't give a shit if I only have 3 moves" and he got paid lots either way. Then again, he's still capable of having great matches, like the one with CM Punk, Undertaker and AJ Styles. Too bad this time it's against Reigns...... well actually he did have a good match against him in Wrestlemania 31. Now it's just a rehash of that match so the value has completely diminished. 

6 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

That I think is the right move for Taker and Cena. Considering how depressing it was seeing him last year when the match went too long and he got overexposed, it's the best to have a squash match that keeps him strong.

Don't forget though, when Brock was young, he has way more moves.

Now he's like "I'm a former UFC champ, so I don't give a shit if I only have 3 moves" and he got paid lots either way. Then again, he's still capable of having great matches, like the one with CM Punk, Undertaker and AJ Styles. Too bad this time it's against Reigns...... well actually he did have a good match against him in Wrestlemania 31. Now it's just a rehash of that match so the value has completely diminished. 

His age is no excuse.  Kurt Angle, HHH and even Shane McMahon all have nearly a decade over him and showed far more agility, variety and were in far better shape during their matches.  I think he's cable of having good matches but only under extreme rules type conditions like a streetfight or cage match.  He just doesn't have the skill in terms or wrestling alone, at least not anymore.

I want to talk about the match and will be getting to spoilers.

Spoiler

Lessner just doesn't seem to be putting the effort into it anymore and the match was so boring.  I even heard that Reigns was supposed to win the match but it was changed at literally the last second because Lessner was re-negotiating his contract.  Most of the writing team and even the referee didn't know until the match was already underway! I know I'm giving Lessner a hard time here but's it's got to be said that Reigns wasn't much better, he was spamming the same moves allot as well.  I don't know if this was down to confusion about how it was supposed to go down because this felt like it was barley rehearsed.  If you re-watch the last few seconds Lessner hooked both legs, pressed all his weight into the in the final pin and rolled straight to the side and out then out the Ring.  That doesn't sound like it was entirely planned out and Brock allegedly had a verbal confrontation with Vince McMahon after the match.  Maybe he was pissed that Reigns wouldn't stay down?

I don't know what was going on but for the top of the bill match at Wrestlemaina this was a pretty major letdown.

On 4/12/2018 at 0:36 AM, Crazycrab said:

His age is no excuse.  Kurt Angle, HHH and even Shane McMahon all have nearly a decade over him and showed far more agility, variety and were in far better shape during their matches.  I think he's cable of having good matches but only under extreme rules type conditions like a streetfight or cage match.  He just doesn't have the skill in terms or wrestling alone, at least not anymore.

I want to talk about the match and will be getting to spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Lessner just doesn't seem to be putting the effort into it anymore and the match was so boring.  I even heard that Reigns was supposed to win the match but it was changed at literally the last second because Lessner was re-negotiating his contract.  Most of the writing team and even the referee didn't know until the match was already underway! I know I'm giving Lessner a hard time here but's it's got to be said that Reigns wasn't much better, he was spamming the same moves allot as well.  I don't know if this was down to confusion about how it was supposed to go down because this felt like it was barley rehearsed.  If you re-watch the last few seconds Lessner hooked both legs, pressed all his weight into the in the final pin and rolled straight to the side and out then out the Ring.  That doesn't sound like it was entirely planned out and Brock allegedly had a verbal confrontation with Vince McMahon after the match.  Maybe he was pissed that Reigns wouldn't stay down?

I don't know what was going on but for the top of the bill match at Wrestlemaina this was a pretty major letdown.

Not saying his age is the reason, like I said, he got that "I'm former UFC champion" thing as an excuse to do whatever he wants. He could do those moves he used to do, like the powerbomb, military press, spear or any of those moves other than suplexes, but he choose not to. It’s pretty well known that he’s just doing whatever he wants which leads to backstage heat a couple of times. 

Lol, spoiler tag? The match fucking sucks! Regardless of last minute changes, which I can totally see could be real, that match was such a letdown, that it deserves to be the middle or the first match on the card. I can’t believe AJ Styles vs Shinsuke is not the main event instead. That don’t need spoiler tags. :D

Ohohoh, so the real story behind his win has been revealed. 

He's gonna fight Lashley eh? Brock vs formerly known as Black Lesnar. Both MMA fighters, although Lashley's much better at it since he has an excellent 15 wins 2 losses record. This could be interesting.

NXT Takeover New Orleans though, THAT deserves a spoiler tag. Fantastic PPV that I’m still watching now, alongside Rousey Angle VS Steph Triple H and Charlotte VS Asuka. Go watch it, it’s amazing.