• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DoctorEvil

Guild Wars 2 - VOTE PASSED

Should AJSA Officially Support Guild Wars 2 (Again)?   557 members have voted

1. 1. Should AJSA officially support Guild Wars 2?

• Yes! I promise to play it regularly!
    • No. I wont be playing it often enough.
    • Yes, but wait until a major expansion first.
  2. 2. If yes, what would be your primary interest in game?

• WvW (World verses World)
    • PvP (Player verses Player matches)
    • PvE (Dungeon Raiding, Guild PvE Missions)
  3. 3. Would you be willing to play/transfer to the server Northern Shiverpeaks? (The server Angry Joe's last character was on/plus the old guild)

• Yes, I would pay to transfer my character to Northern Shiverpeaks
    • I would prefer to restart the guild on a different server (to be voted on later).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

198 posts in this topic

Should The Angry Army Return to Guild Wars 2?

Leave your vote and your opinion in the Thread Below!
*No Flamewars
*No Council Bashing
*Respect Current Decisions, but know it can be reversed with enough demand from members in The AJSA!

Pros: 

• No Subscription, you can jump back in if you own the game from the last time we played!
  • They've added guild missions that we haven't tried out since we shut down.
  • More soon. (Add your own in thread)

Cons: 

• Server transfers are no longer free, and we might be scattered all over the place.
  • Guilds size limits the last I checked was 500 people.
  • More soon. (Add your own in thread)

Current Council Decision: Passed! Check out the Guild Wars 2 sub-forum and speak to our Guild Leader, Ysnar (in-game Tarkson).

At Least 1 Experienced Officer - In order for the AJSA to run an efficient Division within that new game, there must be at least ONE Experience Game-Specific Officer who is designated as "Guild Leader" (creating the guild in game as the owner). This Game Officer will then have the responsibility to run the game in cooperation with other Officers that he selects (and are approved by Command). He becomes the single point of contact for all AJSA Matter related to that Game. Game Specific Officers may not run multiple Game Divisions within the Angry Army - They are in charge and support for only ONE at a time so that it has their FULL Attention.

Vikeyev, Victor, Gutsbit and 4 others like this

I would say yes lets have GW2 Guilds however like your cons we will be scattered and will not be united.I would also volunteer to be an officer and help oversee the GW2 guild. I just transferred inro Tarnished Coast... I would transfer to take part... 

AloysiusXD and Lhotse5 like this

would gladly join if we get a guild going :)

Couldn't the closest officers to Joe make like their own Guilds as well that are kind off connected to the main guild where Joe is and? Like Joe has an AngryArmy  with 500 players and then another officer has another Angry Army with 500 players and so on?

twigman, Ysnar, snowwulf78 and 5 others like this

Yeah I would like to join I could play a like 2 times a week because Im busy but ill happily join :) 

Like Planetside 2 I lacked people to play with so I put the game on hold. I also needed to upgrade my PC which I have and I am getting a new GPU Wednesday so I can better participate in WvW.

I would tag along. Though some people might not own GW2 and the problem is the level difference for some people. Also, 500 people from ~6000 people is kinda small amount, but maybe we could have battalions that would consist of 500 players each, so then everyone could enjoy with the AJSA community. Like this:

Battalion 1

Battalion 2a               Battalion 2b

Battalion3a               Battalion3b              Battalion3c

And so on. We would then have roughly 12 battalions.

FYI: The old remnant of the Army ended while on North Shiverpeaks, it's unlikely we would all move somewhere else, so keep in mind you're willingness to pay the transfer fee, if you want to play again.

Unfortunately I won't be playing. Computer is not upto spec to today's PC gaming standards, and last I check they are expensive as fuck right now. Guild Wars is by far my favorite MMO and isn't as complicated as WoW. So if I ever get a new computer, you can count on me to get in the jam of the AJSA in GW/GW2.

Ooh, a second question in the poll. I deleted my initial vote and re-voted for "Yes! I promise to play it regularly!", "WvW", and "PvE"

I got a labtop that can barely play Planetside and im out of cash as it is so i wont play GW2

Lets make a poll to see what server we should all be in, maybe top 3 servers! For NA and EU.

I am definitely down to play GW2 with the army if we get a guild started. Though was never one for WvW always enjoyed PvE and PvP more.

I've been a newbie to guild wars 2 but I haven't been able to play with anybody because I can't find a good guild, this would be perfect!

I didn't start playing GW2 because I had no one to play with but if the army went in I would be all for the game.

I would be down to help out as much as I can, even without the officer rank. I was a fanatic of PVE and doing the jumping puzzles. I even have some YT guides on how to do some of them for people who seeked help.

The reason I stopped playing was because my guild was very unsociable so it would be nice to get back into it.

I would be keen to join the Angry Army if they start up again on GW2. Although yes I can see the trouble with the fact that we'll all be scattered across servers and there is a 500 limit now.

However these problems can be overcome, I know of several server wide guilds that have a large presence on several servers but are still essentially the same Guild and with the WvW community I guess this provides some exciting competition at times. The cons to this though are that you'll need individual active leaders or operators on each server at least for recruitment and running missions and such.

As far as the 500 limit goes this isn't really a huge problem, I'm part of a guild that has about 10 Guilds that all operate under one Team Speak as a community and have the same tag (although it is not as much a traditional guild in the sense). In fact I would guess having several smaller guilds with thier own leaders rather than one massive guild would make managing and working with the guilds far easier as you can have operators focusing of each of their sections while have a few in charge branching over all the guilds who organize mass events and such (Halloween, Christmas, in game giveaways etc..). As far as large multi guild meet ups go the use of guesting and overflows (which allows people to easily join others without guesting) can be used and all the individual guilds will operate and unite under one Team Speak (they can have thier individual chat rooms for WvW and such).

The new AJSA will also allow for much better monitoring and recruitment if it's all done through the website. A great guild like what this has the potential to be in a game like Guild Wars 2 would create a community that altogether enhances the gaming experience greatly for everyone and gives the game an awesome atmosphere that players will definitely enjoy and provides feedback that the devs so desperately need in a game that tries to be as experimental as this. Altogether I think it has the potential to be exactly what Joe envisioned the Guild to be in a game like this.

To be honest I question if those answering yes will log in anything remotely regularly. The game was not holding numbers even when it was new so what has us thinking we could do this now?

I voted no because to be frank I feel this is not going to work the way people think. "What I thought voting yes would mean I get to raid with Angry Joe everyday! RAGEQUIT!" And I know I do not want to try this game again for some time.

Right now it is somthing that is not BF4 related so I can understand people voting yes just to have something else to do with the AJSA. However, official games in my opinion need to be those that they KNOW will keep the numbers.

I do hope the guild ends up on Nth. Shiverpeaks once more. The WvW scene there needs a big, open-palm slap to the face. If anyone wants to do sPvP as well, I'm game with that. Been doing it for the past few months. And if we have a sizeable number of high to max leveled players, perhaps an attempt at the more derelict dungeons might be something to do?

Here are my thought's, might not be worth much but still. 

1) People on different servers and guild limit thing. Now, I think there should be a guild (lets call it Alpha) that is direct follow up of the original. From there comes branches for every server (I'm on Blacktide so lets say guild there would be Gamma) and so on. Every server's AJSA guildleader leads the guildmembers and answers to "Alpha" leader and why not senior council members. Server guild leader is responsible for organizing people for PvE and WvW and if what, PvP. After every certain time, branch guildleader sends a report to "Alpha" explaining how things are going, what did they do in time between, what will they do next, how is WvW going and how has the input been. In return, "Alpha" will help out with some problems "Gamma" has. Like helps to recruit via this site or lets say "Gamma" guildleader is short 12 gold from commander and provides the cash (yes i think that every branch guildleader should be a commander). And also, "Alpha" should organize a full AJSA guild's events. Some nice PvP session (for those who dont play much PvP but like to learn without being called noob 452 times per minute). In-game prize events (prizes dont have to be something huge, 5 unidentified dyes or 20 orichalcum ingots...well you get my point).

2) Now, all this would not be cheap. So, lets say there is a one time members fee. Money would be held by "Alpha's" treasurer appointed by either Angry Joe himself or whoever he appoints to be his Voice ("Alpha's" leader if AJ feels he cant play that much). That money in turn would go into helping branch guildleaders becoming commanders, perhaps in time guildhouses will be implemented (like in GW1) and other areas "Alpha's" leader will see fit.

3) Playing time. Now, lets face it, many of us work, go to school or have a life :) So there might be issues like guildleader not logging on for a while. That means, both "Alpha" and branching guilds must have a strong senior officers who can carry the torch if guildleader has...broken fingers for example :) Thus, perhaps some nice guidlines for "How to be a good officer" should be worked out ? So that there would not be a guild, without a leader or a sub-commander, otherwise people will leave and guild dies.

So, these were my ideas...

i didn't log in for quite some time but i am also kind of discouraged to return to it because i didn't really like it anymore when i left - too much wasted potential

I'm not sure I'd be willing to change server because my server is pretty awesome and it cost a lot of money/gems to do so. Anyway I'm more of a pve players so it doesnt matter since I'll be able to play with everyone in dungeons or explroation by guesting if necessary. I'd certainly like to do WvW with the angry army but it isnt my main focus. However, I'd like to do sPVP with you guys and, unless I'm mistaken, servers does not matter in sPVP. You only have to be on the same region.

Once I build a pc I'll be able to join to you guys on guild wars 2 (if it were to happen) but you should make a guild (or several) on guild wars and have AJSA control everything! XD