• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain_n_Coke

Fortnite Bots?

3 posts in this topic

So, had a recent discussion that Battle Royale games are misleading with the "100 Player" battles.  Some games only actually have a dozen or so actual players at any given time. While using a replay feature in Fortnite, i have noticed that you can only watch players in your "zone"  which only ever includes up to 12 players, but the distance of the zone is well above what you would think has more then that. And of course the bot problem. In fortnite you can only build in the cardinal directions ie N S E W. Which leads me to believe it was designed for AI to be able to react with less strain on the program. If you could build in any direction the calculations would be 10 fold for an AI to out wit you with building defense. Of course on a side note, other battle royal games dont feature this mechanic, simply shooting and looting is much easier to bot up.   Just throwing this out there. 100 people in one map with almost no lag for these games makes almost no sense on this era of gaming. Few games can achieve that level of quality, yet games like pubg run horrible and are not optimized at all. But still has a 100 players running around in what feels like a falloit bethesda engine. Any thoughts?

I agree. I’ve played a fair amount of fortnite and I’m convinced that there are bots. Other Battle Royale games have bots why wouldn’t fortnite. 

Meh, I played Unreal Tournament 2004 with bots all the time.

Of course, that wasn't in online play...