• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shagger

Remember Star Citizen's $18,000 DLC pack?

8 posts in this topic

Well, they ditched it, and allot of people thought "Good, because that was ludicrous." Whilst CIG did learn a lesson, it was sadly not the one we thought. They learned "The Completionist Pack" was too cheap so now we have the "Legatus Pack" at $27,000!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/5/30/17411226/star-citizen-legatus-pack-bundle

What is there to say about this? After breaking Kickstarter promises, numerous delays and excuses to keep this lucrative "alpha" going, more than 6 years of developing a still broken game and sinking close to $200 million of thier fans money into this sinking ship, they do this. I actually have to offer some admiration because this takes some god sized balls to do, whay more man dangle than I have, for example.

I don't care that this intended for leaders of large guilds to supply aramadas, nor do I care for the excuse that they made this because a few deluded prats with more money than they deserve asked for it, this is a slap in the face to the legions of people who just want this game finished so they can play it. I mean seriously, how many of those people who have supported this game was this made for? That's what really pisses off, CIG are clearly more interested in pleasing the rich whales who can afford to line thier pockets with bucketloads of cash rather than the passionate, common fans who "pledged" much lower amounts, but those people are actually behind probably 90% of the crowdfund. This game wouldn't exist without them. Fuck CIG.

Crazycrab likes this

Holy shit I haven't heard about this in ages. This raises a LOT MORE than just eyebrows, that's for fuckin sure!

Crazycrab likes this

You wanna know what the most hilarious thing is?  If you go to the Star Citizen "Pledge Store" (yeah their laughing in your face right from the beginning) you'll notice that only the game packages to the value of $275 or lower are listed.  Even $275 is asking FAR too much for broken ass tech demo but more to the point instead of listing the truly outrageous packages like the $27,000 Legatus Pack there is a link at the bottom for you to "contact us directly":

eToOevR.png

Even CIG themselves are too fucking embarrassed to show their own bullshit products in the high hundreds and thousands of dollars publicly.  It's just unfortunate that they are not ashamed enough to still sell them.  Even the greed levels of the likes of EA and Acti-Blizzard are totally dwarfed by CIG.  The fact that it's the fan's money that they are pissing down the toilet under the guise of "aiding the development of the game" when it's clear that it will just continue to milk it's own Alpha until if and when this lucrative revenue stream runs dry makes it so much worse.

EDIT:  I just found out something else, the $27,000 Legatus Pack CAN be viewed on the Pledge Store but you have to spend at least $1000 on the game just to see it!  It doesn't really change that much about what they are doing, they are still hiding it from view for everyone to avoid a backlash. It's just further fucking over the Whales who have already spent four-figure sums in the game and are now in too deep for it not to be completed and have all that money wasted.  That being said I still have no doubt that if you contacted them via email or whatever saying that your interested in these more lucrative packs they will still do business with you even if you haven't spent a penny so it certainly doesn't qualify as some sort of "Backer Privilege".

He might not have been the first to report on it but I heard this form CidAlpha, I'll post his video below.

I think Joe should jump on (or in fact off depending on your point of view) the bandwagon and do a full blown angry rant about the fucking con job, It is indefensible now.  The bastards won't give any refunds so the best thing to do at this point with regards to this game that will NEVER exist outside an Alpha Tech Demo is to walk away.  DON'T INVEST ANY MORE TIME AND DEFINITELY NOT MONEY IN THIS!

As for the Fanbase..... Yeah........

Just a vid from YongYea going into a bit more detail on the situation;

There has been, of course, defenders and white knights from the Star Citizen fanbase providing no en of excuses for CIG's actions, like our @Doctor, but this is a whole new disgusting level.

Let ask you, have you ever seen a game with a community so defensive and toxic that some of them get so obsessed that when a youtuber does negative coverage of said game, you want to kill them slow so that you make you raping his 13 yo daughter the last thing he sees.

I feel nauseous because I backed this game. :( I was hoping after 3.0 (wasn't that the patch that allowed planetary landing/exploration?) it would be in the home stretch. Sounds like more ship crap still.

Crazycrab likes this

I agree with everyone that SC is a scam. I wish joe would do a video about it but the SC defenders are crazy. To threaten someone's family over a game is totally fracked. I don't think SC will see the light of day until CID goes out of business and a real publisher steps in and buys it. 

Crazycrab likes this

22 hours ago, Xenith said:

I feel nauseous because I backed this game. :( I was hoping after 3.0 (wasn't that the patch that allowed planetary landing/exploration?) it would be in the home stretch. Sounds like more ship crap still.

My sympathies. As much as I hate the fact the douchecanoes who are developing this game are harvesting thier fan's money, I hate stories like yours even more. That's the effect at ground level CIG clearly don't care about and it really isn't fair