• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BatmanFan14

Xbox E3 2018 Press Conference

10 posts in this topic

So just came back from the Xbox E3 Press Conference, and honestly. It's better than EA's press conference yesterday. And there are some titles I'm interested in picking up next year after I get my Xbox One set up in the new TV after Christmas. I'm interested in picking up Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisp, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Forza Horizon 4 (thank god it was four, and not what the Wallmart leaks said), Fallout 76, and Jump Force. I'm probably missing a few, but these are the games that I'm mostly interested in. Still disappointed there's no Rockstudy Superman game announced, but oh well. Maybe in Sony's press conference. But I give the Xbox Press Conference a 7/10.  

I give it more a 6/10

It mostly felt like Microsoft playing catch up on Sony who have been beating the kick-ass first party on their exclusives on their platform for a while now.  they announced a bunch of studios that they have acquired including Ninja Theory (SICK!) and that more games are in the pipeline as a result but the killer new IP(s) that they needed for this and next year just aren't there yet.  Other than that it was just third parties and the same Gears, Forza (although this new one does look really cool) and Halo that we always get.

Thank Jesus Almighty that this press conference is awesome. Then again, after that borefest EA conference, anything is better. 

The one thing that I'm most certainly interested in that I don't expect is "The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit", because that is so very much going to be a prologue to Life is Strange 2. Is that the possible main character's childhood before he grows into an adult? Possibly, and I can't wait to find out when June 26 rolls in!

That Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer though....... fucking awesome graphics and gameplay, but OHHH man I forgot how so pretentiously cringe worthy the dialogue is.

"Roxas does exist. His heart's inside my heart." Well no shit Sora, HE'S YOU!

"So what will Elsa accepts? Light or darkness? I know I wanna know." "Well good for you but guess what, I won't let her fall to darkness!" MY GOD CAN'T THESE WRITERS JUST HIRE YOKO TARO ALREADY??? I can't stand this teenage romance fairytale dialogue!! Though I could imagine this will lead to Sora & Elsa tease, then I remember that Square Enix never lets their main character have a harem..... I've been conquering chicks in Persona 5 too much.....

We find out that From Software's next game is not Tenchu or Bloodbourne, but Sekiro, which definitely looks like what happens if the Souls game are mixed with Tenchu. Looking forward to that game, especially since it's possible that this is linked to Tenchu, but we'll have to see what the connection is in the game itself. If not, then that's cool since it's a new From Software game!

Division 2 is....... interesting because the narrator is Diana from Hitman, or at least has a very similar voice. And this is for me, but I am looking forward to Division 2 WAY more than Anthem. Because Division 1's gunplay is pretty solid and the weapons you get are all cusomizable that it makes the lootfest aspect of the game much less repetitive.

Then you got the usual stuff from Microsoft like Forza, Crackdown, Gears, Halo, just as expected. Ori and the Blind Forest 2 though, I WANT THAT GAME!

And then. DMC5 and Dying Light 2 happens. And this is now officially one of the best Microsoft press conference in a while.

It's really2 weird to see that the next step in DMC's artstyle leans to the 2013 DMC, but most of the characters still talk like what Japanese people think edgy Americans sound like in DMC 1 - 4. It's beautiful. Nero, Dante, Kyrie and apparently Vergil is back, so this is gonna be one big family reunion. Looking forward to this!

Dying Light 2 though, well, I did not expect this game to become "your choice will change the world" kind of game like Infamous. But it's a great move! Looking forward to this game a lot too!

Cyberpunk 2077 is finally revealed, but I want MORE!! I want to see gameplay, but maybe, just maybe, the PC or Sony's press conference will have them? We'll see.

All in all, a good press conference & a major step up compared to previous Microsoft's bland conferences. No new IP console exclusives but plenty of great games announced! Will Sony and other conferences exceed expectations? It happened before, so we'll have to see and find out!

BTW that Jump Force trailer, which is pretty much just another J Stars anime compilation game? Meh.

Unless Saitama is in the game, I don't even care. But come now, he will totally be in the game!! Ryuk is here, so if he's here, the strongest caped baldy in the history of anime will definitely be here. I want him to be so OP that he's an unlockable!!

It was finally nice to see at least a little of Cyberpunk 2077. As not so big fan of GTA series I hope it turns out to be quite different, but let's see. I was expecting to see some gameplay already and even get a release window but maybe next year then ...

I'm not happy about news of company acquirements; Undead Labs, Playground Games, Ninja Theory and Compulsion Games. I guess it means there is pretty much zero change to have SteamOS/Linux/etc. games from them in future. It is sad that PC platform gets fragmented internally.

Glad they kept it to almost nothing but games but overall I didn't really see anything that was a must buy, Forza came the closest with its dynamic seasons but I'm not that big on racers, Jump Force was a surprise annoucment and as an Anime fan I'll be keeping a tab on that one.

Overall I felt like this was more focus on the Xbox current fans rather then trying to get new ones while at the same time setting up the Next Gen Xbox.

My only problem with the Press Conference is that these games except for Forza Horizon 4 is next years game, which I kinda wish there's more games coming out for this year. But all we're getting is Forza Horizon 4, which I am excited for. But I have to wait until next year to play these games that I'm excited for. That's kinda my big problem.

6 hours ago, BatmanFan14 said:

My only problem with the Press Conference is that these games except for Forza Horizon 4 is next years game, which I kinda wish there's more games coming out for this year. But all we're getting is Forza Horizon 4, which I am excited for. But I have to wait until next year to play these games that I'm excited for. That's kinda my big problem.

Just Cause 4's coming this year. And Shadow of the Tomb Raider. And that Life is Strange 2 prologue thing. And the re-releases. 

Yeah I know that, but majority of the Xbox E3 Press Conference is heavily focus on 2019's games.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:38 PM, BatmanFan14 said:

Yeah I know that, but majority of the Xbox E3 Press Conference is heavily focus on 2019's games.

The good news though: Xbox One FINALLY has console exclusives to look forward to. Took them long enough to bring them out! And there will be new IPs coming.

Bad news: a lot of those games shown are multiplatform & are going to be available for PC or PS4 anyway, so there really is no reason to get an Xbox One for ones who don't have it now, like myself. The exclusives are just sequels to previous games which people know will come. No new exclusive IP & PS4 still has the much better exclusives coming. And they ain't SMASH BROTHAS BIYATCH!!

But I'm glad that Microsoft's E3 is surprisingly good, especially after that horsepoop EA conference that sucks ass.

Angry Joe, Other Joe and Delrith share their thoughts on the Microsoft E3 Conference:

I agree for the most part but I've got to say Del was SO FUCKING ANNOYING in this video!  Every few minutes he couldn't help himself to scratch his PC-Elitist itch and constantly re-state *XBox Exclusive games are on PC", "I'm gonna play this on PC", "This game is gonna play better on PC", "We have $1000 Systems so why would I buy an XBox?".......... You know what, play on your PC and just let people who wanna play on XBox play on their damn XBox's and shut the fuck up!  You only need to make that point once!

Not to mention he stated that XBox Game pass carries over to Windows 10 but he (typical of PC elitists) was being rather selective in his use of the facts.  The XBox Game Pass library on Windows 10 only covers some of the Microsoft published Play Anywhere titles, 10 games total as far as I can tell at the time of this post (LINK).  That is only about 5% of the full library available on the console.  I'm not trying to shit over Del here but people need to be aware of the facts.