• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

Cyberpunk 2077, a futuristic, mature, open world, RPG....... FPS?

8 posts in this topic

There has been a lot of new information coming out about the long-anticipated title from Witcher 3 Developer CD Projekt Red over the past few days like the trailer above premiering at the Microsoft E3 Conference, a 45-minute closed door demo for the press that they have been reporting on and some other information coming out in interviews.  IGN gave their report on the 45-minute closed door presentation.

We know the game is an open world RPG in a gritty futuristic setting like the Fith Element called Night City.  There is drivable (and hopefully customizable) vehicles in the game. We also know there are augmented people in the world which I'm sure will play into customization.  That's a good thing since, unlike the Witcher series you play as your own custom character, a mercenary called "V".  Much like Witcher 3 it's going to be a Mature game for grown-ups so expect all the bells and whistles of violence, nudity and it seems like romancing is in it as well.

There is one thing that has been bothering some gamers, that being the game is all but confirmed now to be a mostly first person game.  I can understand why some people are disappointed by this since we're used to seeing games from this developer in 3rd person and in a game where you create your own character you obviously want to be able to see him/her.  It doesn't bother me too much personally although I prefer to be able to look at my character as I play.  I'm guessing they felt that first person worked better with the gunplay or something.

I first heard from Yong Yeah, who himself will be in the 45-minute presentation on Thursday (tomorrow at the time of this post) so I look forward to hearing his thoughts.  Hopefully Joe will get to see it as well.

So what are your thoughts?  Does the perspective bother you?

Gamerviv67 likes this

1 hour ago, Kaz32 said:

In your thread, you discuss the latest information that has been revealed about the game at E3.  I talk about some of the same details in your thread for the sake of context but in this thread, it is my intention to discuss an aspect more specific.  I don't feel like I'm poaching here but I will request a lock and post my OP into your thread if you feel strongly about it.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

In your thread, you discuss the latest information that has been revealed about the game at E3.  I talk about some of the same details in your thread for the sake of context but in this thread, it is my intention to discuss an aspect more specific.  I don't feel like I'm poaching here but I will request a lock and post my OP into your thread if you feel strongly about it.

Well usually if it's up to the mods, they'll merge the threads into one place because we both pretty much posted the same thing with the trailers & discussing gameplay details, except the Yong Yeah thing. If it's up to me, 

Personally I don't really care either way which perspective the game will use as long as the game ended up being fucking awesome. If it's going to be an FPS, then it'll be a kickass FPS RPG defying expectations that only CD Projekt can deliver. And if they decided to patch the game to include third person view later down the line, that'll add even more value to a game that's already going to be epic as all hell. All I care about is that I WANT THIS GAME TO BE MINE RIGHT NOW!!! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER, GIVE ME THIS GAME NOW!!!!  emot-gonk.gifemot-gonk.gifemot-gonk.gifemot-gonk.gifemot-gonk.gif

I gonna have to side with the doubters here. Being mostly first person in an RPG, especially one heavy on character customisation and creation does feel like a waste. I just don't see the point getting to decide how your character looks when you don't get to look at him/her for most of the game. That won't stop Cyberpunk 2077 from being a great game, but it would be better imo of you could switch between 1st and 3rd person perspective.

I prefer first person view but having third person view possibility would have been nice addition although it would have been much more work.

PC Gamer mentioned that they are using Destiny kind of damage indication (visible numbers on damage) and a health bar over the NPCs which I very much hope can be hidden. It will be also interesting to see how the game is balanced between different controller types and how the fighting will be implemented.

What they showed and talked in E3 made me a bit less exciting about the game but I need to see and test it myself to have any strong opinions about ityet . Well, there are lots of to look forward to and hopefully they will show us more in near future.

On 13/06/2018 at 7:16 PM, Kaz32 said:

While being first person is certainly not gunna put me off the game at all I think I would have preferred third, simply because I like seeing my character, Cyberpunk is supposed to be about crazy expression threw character customization but whats the point if you don't see that 90% of the time.

Well, after YongYea & Joe saw the game in action,

"It is my believe that Cyberpunk 2077 is better off being a first person game. I was a skeptic, and I was converted after seeing the full demo in action"

"It was so mindblowing, that I didn't think it was real". 

Holy crap! That's pretty damn cool that everything in the game are in real time with integrated seamless menu, which is totally Dead Space esque but better because it's in first person view, and when you're upgrading yourself and getting an eye upgrade, your eye gets removed from your head and you see through that removed eye. Maybe when I get my hands on this game I will just drive cars in first person, but if it's better in third person I'll use that instead.

Whatever the next Adam Jensen Deus Ex game will be just fucking lost the damn FPS RPG war. This is the absolute pinnacle of the games that Deus Ex are. Well, I give Deus Ex the edge since they have the badass social boss battle which I love really much, and the badass takedowns.

ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I WANT TO FUCKING SEE THAT DEMO DAMN IT! GIVE ME THIS GAME TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!  emot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gif

Crazycrab likes this