• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

11 posts in this topic

I hope the guy is lying as he could have just bought them cheaper on Amazon (even before shipping) instead of driving to every store he could think of and creating a YT account over it, and because Joe certainly does not need someone to buy him games he will likely never have time to play (sending them things to try to create an obligation to review/play/read/etc them is also a thing a lot of popular reviewers tell people not to do). This seems like the sort of unhealthy mentality that Joe has already mentioned

Oh please!  This obviously isn't going to persuade Joe to spend the dozens of hours required to play the previous games before he plays the new one.  So what if he hasn't played them, he hadn't played any of the old God Of War or Killzone games and he still got through those reviews just fine.  This is pathetic!

Deezyfesheezy likes this

2 hours ago, Johnny_Anonymously said:

Jesus, y'all are judgemental as fuck on this forum.

I mean, the video is of a guy who spends most of the time complaining about having to go outside and who also looks and sounds like that while talking about how he thinks he is too good for Wal-Mart and has to wash off the smell from it. I mean I worked at Wal-Mart for three years and I agree with his sentiment, but that time has also taught me that that guy IS Wal-Mart.

22 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

I mean, the video is of a guy who spends most of the time complaining about having to go outside and who also looks and sounds like that while talking about how he thinks he is too good for Wal-Mart and has to wash off the smell from it. I mean I worked at Wal-Mart for three years and I agree with his sentiment, but that time has also taught me that that guy IS Wal-Mart.

Well, to be fair, it's hot as balls outside this time of year, so no one really wants to be out in it. And #2, Walmart is a notoriously awful company so he's probably one of the many people refusing to give it any business. I see your point, but I think he was only stressing all the effort that went into him sending Joe the games so Joe sees what kind of passionate community Kingdom Hearts has, besides the ravenous ones allegedly harassing him. This other guy is an example of someone trying to properly welcome Joe into the community while cautioning him on what a mistake he's making by going into KH3 completely blind. 

I just read this & saw the responses...... 

Joe never play old games before starting a sequel in a series he’s never played before. Just like he never played ALL the Yakuza games from 1 till 5 before playing Yakuza 0, or never played Uncharted 1 - 3 before playing 4. But he will definitely do his research into the game’s lore to prepare himself so that’s good. I mean even I have a couple of games where I just played the latest games in the series, but I do my research on the past games first.

Like right now while I’m preparing myself for Kingdom Hearts 3 all these years, I youtube all the games after Kingdom Hearts 2 because I only played 1 and 2, and I don’t play all the PSP 3DS mobile Remaster games because:

1) they’re too time consuming

2) they have WAYY too much side characters & plot to keep track of that’s easier to track by looking at an abridged explanation

3) FUCK the script filled with so many lame heart stuff like “I will never let you take her heart”, “his heart is inside my heart” and of course,

So Sora, you can perform open heart surgery and throw your heart to Xehanort?HAHAHAHAHAHA my God these dialogues are CRINGEWORTHY! Love the awesome slick gameplays but damn, these dialogues are..... they’re something alright.

Joe’s gonna have a field day researching this series. That is if he does indeed review the game and not skip it. So to that guy that sent the game to Joe, sorry but most likely Joe will not play the game. Best case scenario is he’ll give it to Delrith or OJ for them to play?? 

Ah yes, if anyone wants to prepare for KH3 but doesn’t want to play the games before it, I suggest looking at this channel for a good summary of the previous games, starting from KH1. 

He did great series analysis on the Drakengard & Nier games before Nier Automata, so we’re in good hands.

Crazycrab and Deezyfesheezy like this

13 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

I just read this & saw the responses...... 

Joe never play old games before starting a sequel in a series he’s never played before. Just like he never played ALL the Yakuza games from 1 till 5 before playing Yakuza 0, or never played Uncharted 1 - 3 before playing 4. But he will definitely do his research into the game’s lore to prepare himself so that’s good. I mean even I have a couple of games where I just played the latest games in the series, but I do my research on the past games first.

Like right now while I’m preparing myself for Kingdom Hearts 3 all these years, I youtube all the games after Kingdom Hearts 2 because I only played 1 and 2, and I don’t play all the PSP 3DS mobile Remaster games because:

1) they’re too time consuming

2) they have WAYY too much side characters & plot to keep track of that’s easier to track by looking at an abridged explanation

3) FUCK the script filled with so many lame heart stuff like “I will never let you take her heart”, “his heart is inside my heart” and of course,

So Sora, you can perform open heart surgery and throw your heart to Xehanort?HAHAHAHAHAHA my God these dialogues are CRINGEWORTHY! Love the awesome slick gameplays but damn, these dialogues are..... they’re something alright.

Joe’s gonna have a field day researching this series. That is if he does indeed review the game and not skip it. So to that guy that sent the game to Joe, sorry but most likely Joe will not play the game. Best case scenario is he’ll give it to Delrith or OJ for them to play?? 

Ah yes, if anyone wants to prepare for KH3 but doesn’t want to play the games before it, I suggest looking at this channel for a good summary of the previous games, starting from KH1. 

He did great series analysis on the Drakengard & Nier games before Nier Automata, so we’re in good hands.

To offer a rebuttal in order:

1) The time consumption can be seriously cut down if Joe were to stream the games and get the community helping him along the way.

2) All the 'side' content that's actually all part of the main story is easier to access than ever with 1.5+2.5 HD Re:Mix on PS4.

3) The game is called 'Kingdom HEARTS' so what the hell did you expect? Don't take it so literal; hearts are basically a proxy for souls in this series. Not to mention, you spend the whole game running around with Donald Duck and Goofy. That should tip you off that they're obviously going for a kid-friendly image.

ProfessorGodLike likes this

AJ himself has now made a video responding to the situation:

Essentially I agree with him here.  In my opinion, the mentality that he HAS to play the other games in order to review this one is utterly ridiculous and he was winding people up on Twitter because of how silly that is.  Whether you have played the earlier games or not their absolutely no need for anyone to insist that anyone should have to potentially spend a significant about of money and hundreds of hours to on these earlier games when they can just watch story summaries and get at least a basic idea.

Is Joe or anyone else who hasn't played the earlier games going to have less of an understanding and enjoyment out of the game by not playing the other games first?  Possibly yes but nobody knows for sure, Kingdom Hearts 3 might turn out to be a bust that's dumbed down for old players or unkind to new ones.  Fans keep saying "New players won't understand the context of the story if you don't play the earlier ones" but they don't even know if that's true!  They haven't played the game yet either!

He's making it clear that he is reviewing the game from the perspective of a new player of which there will be many so that perspective is not only relevant but I'd agree actually necessary for some people.

Deezyfesheezy likes this

I'm fully with Joe, @Crazycrab and @Kaz32 here. They've given plenty enough good reasons, I'm just adding my own to list.

The original Kingdom Hearts games are two old for this new one to be made exclusively for old fans. The game's content is largely based on Disney franchises both nostalgic and new, so there are people rightfully interested in the fame that literary weren't born when the original came out. Deny Joe or any new player their right to have thier opinion taken seriously is like saying only people who played the original Spyro games can play the upcoming remaster. Having a constructive and honest review of KH3 from a new player's perspective is something that I feel would not only be useful for perspective buyers because there's less potential bias, but also help people like me who also have never played the originals to see if this game still suits them. This perspective I feel will be largely missing from other coverage and given the attitude shown by the KH fans I clearly cannot trust them to recommend me this game. I may as well ask a member of the PC masters-of-nothing-except-thier-own-snack-choices race about their thoughts on God of War vs Total War, would you expect an honest, constructive, helpful, well thought out opinion? 

Deezyfesheezy and Crazycrab like this

On 6/26/2018 at 4:17 AM, Johnny_Anonymously said:

To offer a rebuttal in order:

1) The time consumption can be seriously cut down if Joe were to stream the games and get the community helping him along the way.

2) All the 'side' content that's actually all part of the main story is easier to access than ever with 1.5+2.5 HD Re:Mix on PS4.

3) The game is called 'Kingdom HEARTS' so what the hell did you expect? Don't take it so literal; hearts are basically a proxy for souls in this series. Not to mention, you spend the whole game running around with Donald Duck and Goofy. That should tip you off that they're obviously going for a kid-friendly image.

Well those 3 things are actually just my reasoning, not Joe’s. I’m not him so he thinks things differently.

But for explanation's sake:

1) 1 KH game is around 20+ hours to play. I played 26 hours to finish KH 1 and 31 hours for KH2. Those games are awesome when you play at your own pace. Joe’s not gonna have time considering that there’s butloads of games coming which he will play.

2) Well, like I said, it’s easier to access by seeing analysis videos that’s only 30-40 minutes with all the info compressed into easier to understand format without needing to pay another $60 just to buy each KH remastered games and taking 20+ hours to see a lot of them for 1 game each.

3) Yeah, but does it have to be so..... cringe heavy?? I was 11 when I played the first Kingdom Hearts, and back then I just accepted things at face value because it’s fucking awesome to see my favorite childhood movie characters coming in with Final Fantasy characters, and it still is awesome just playing the games because the gameplay are superb as all hell. 

Now that I am grown up and I look back at the dialogues though.... shudder, forget about it. They tried so hard to make “hearts” a major theme, that everytime they talk about them it just sounds..... so so SO dumb that I basically just said “ok you know what, I’ll just have to roll with it. I don’t care that the dialogues are this bad, I still love this series damn it!”

So I absolutely love this series because of the nostalgia, epic moments and superb gameplay that is so slick that it pretty much one of the best action rpg series ever. Fuck the cringe worthy “My Little Pony” dialogues though but I don’t let that thing hinder my love for this series. 

Fact remains, you can’t convince Joe to play through all the previous KH games before 3. I’ve been following him since 2012 and I’m just talking through past knowledge of what he would normally do in this situation. Just don’t worry, he’s not just a regular guy who goes into an established franchise blind, he’ll definitely do his research before playing KH3. And well, he actually did! He even mentioned the youtubers who summarized the series so other people who also never played the previous KH games can get on track without needing to play the previous games.

So just relax and wait for KH3. I've been waiting for WAY too damn long for KH3, and I can't fucking wait to play it and finally end Xehanort once and for all. I know it'll be a fucking amazing game, I mean holy hell MONSTERS INC AND TOY STORY AND THE OTHER PIXAR GANGS ARE IN THE GAME OMGOMGOMGOMG

yeah there's gonna be cringeworthy dialogues but I don't care, and if things goes right, Joe will definitely give the game 8 at the least and 9 at most. In the meantime, I'll just look at this guy getting excited for this game because it's just the best.

In other words GIVE THIS GAME TO ME NOW GODDAMN IT!!! I WANT IT NOWWWWWW!!!!!  emot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gifemot-crying.gif