• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlasticFrogCG

Fallout Blues

11 posts in this topic

I don't know...am I the only one that's not getting a good feeling about Fallout 76 after watching all the promotional material released so far?

I was willing to give the multiplayer aspect a chance, but now it looks like it's going to be just another boring copy of RUST and who knows how many other "survival" shooters, just with a Fallout theme. The idea of exploring the wasteland with your friends is cool, the knowledge that some twelve-year-old jackass can ruin your whole day just because he feels like it is not. I would feel a lot differently about this game if it was strictly PVE.

yoemeuunito and Crazycrab like this

I don't really get good feelings from Bethesda developed open world games in general.

As a person who doesn't like Bethesda's later games in general (Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3/4, etc.) I really don't believe Fallout 76 has anything that would impress or interest me - that's unfortunately what shown videos indicates as well. To me it looks like just a Fallout 4 mod but I really hope the game has mode depth than that. It saddens me a bit that companies that has huge resources goes with bare minimum when developing new titles.

edit: In the other hand it is great that Bethesda Fallout-fans gets a multiplayer game. It is a exciting universe and has lots of potential to be fun with friends. It could take some time to find a good balance with nukes and stuff but I do believe Bethesda will get there eventually. I would have personally be much more interested if this would have been MMO with deep game mechanisms so this project is most likely not going to be a game I will be playing ever.

3 hours ago, Doctor said:

.. It saddens me a bit that companies that has huge resources goes with bare minimum when developing new titles.

A curious statement from someone who loyally defends Star Citizen, a game that's blown almost $200 million of FAN'S money with nothing but a bare bones alpha to show for it. 

Anyway, I don't feal optimistic nor pessimistic about this one, I just don't feel like I know enough to come to any sort of conclusion. That's not a good thing, I should be exited about a new Fallout game, but I'm not. 

I Like Bethesda's open world RPG's and usually get very excited when a new one is announced, but I share the same concerns that @PlasticFrogCGhas with this one.  In particular this whole Nuclear Weapons aspect, I don't want to gather the resources and spend the hours required to build my base just to have some dickhole nuke the fucking thing!  They need separate and/or private servers where people can disable that shit.  If they don't then that might just be the dumbest idea they have ever had.

I feel the information we are getting is a bit conflicted.  They say they have quests yet there are no NPC's.  They say you can play the game on your own yet it seems like you can be harassed and your base robbed/destroyed at any time even if you aren't there.  They say it's an RPG but it sounds like it has way more in common with an online survival game like RUST or something.  What is this game!

I much prefer the traditional single-player RPG experience in that I can play at my own pace in my own time and so far Bethesda has done a piss poor job of convincing people like me that this is the type of Fallout experience that we want.

PlasticFrogCG likes this

I am looking forward to '76. But I am cautiously optimistic as I don't want to get disappointed or hype it for myself to the point where i expect great things.

If it doesn't follow a MMO standard when it comes to loot like, "I killed this NPC wearing badass armor, but I only got bones from him", then I think it'll be fine. 
I want a full loot system like in F3/F4 as it makes it more interesting to look for powerful enemies. There is an exception though and that's when you murder robots, but I believe that changed when we got the Fallout 4 Robot DLC (I can't remember the name on top of my head). 

I am excited to see what it will be like and despite bad omens, I want to hope for the best. 

PlasticFrogCG likes this

On 7/8/2018 at 5:12 PM, Tofunyan said:

I am looking forward to '76. But I am cautiously optimistic as I don't want to get disappointed or hype it for myself to the point where i expect great things.

If it doesn't follow a MMO standard when it comes to loot like, "I killed this NPC wearing badass armor, but I only got bones from him", then I think it'll be fine. 
I want a full loot system like in F3/F4 as it makes it more interesting to look for powerful enemies. There is an exception though and that's when you murder robots, but I believe that changed when we got the Fallout 4 Robot DLC (I can't remember the name on top of my head). 

I am excited to see what it will be like and despite bad omens, I want to hope for the best. 

That is mostly my feelings, but I'm worried that in the past Bethesda has shown an eagerness to "follow the crowd" with some of their decision-making processes. Fallout 4 is actually a good example, as much as I grew to like the settlement building, the only reason it was put in the game was that, at the time, pretty much every other successful game had some type of base-building/crafting system. And to be honest, I think the story-telling in Fallout 4 suffered for all the emphasis the settlements got.

Personally? I stopped liking Fallout after 4 turned the dialogue system into what essentially amounts to happy, angry, or sunglasses emojiis with no way of predicting what the hell I was actually going to say, and as far as I can tell it doesn't seem like they've changed much from Fallout 4 save for adding multiplayer which is something we've literally been asking Bethesda to add for years (Both for Fallout and Elder Scrolls) so I guess I'm happy about that, but since I never pre-order games these days I can't say I'm in for any kind of disappointment if my suspicions from watching what little gameplay they showed turn out to be true.

Now Elder Scrolls VI: Barren Mountain on the other hand... (Yes I'm going to run this joke into the ground until they show me some actual gameplay footage damn it!)

I have no beat to skip for Fallout 76, feels like dead to me but I may change if the online only version is going to be worth.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:13 AM, Lazilot said:

Personally? I stopped liking Fallout after 4 turned the dialogue system into what essentially amounts to happy, angry, or sunglasses emojiis with no way of predicting what the hell I was actually going to say,

There's a mod for that...

Of course, it doesn't change the fact that there is essentially no "bad" choice. Even the snarky responses push you toward being a "good" guy/girl. I have a journal mod installed that allows you to write your own player notes. I tried playing once where my personal journal made the character out to be a real ***hole who didn't care about her kid and was pissed that someone got to shoot her cheating husband before she could. It didn't mesh at all with any of the pre-written dialogue options, and I eventually gave up trying.

Lazilot likes this

On 28/06/2018 at 9:03 PM, PlasticFrogCG said:

I don't know...am I the only one that's not getting a good feeling about Fallout 76 after watching all the promotional material released so far?

I was willing to give the multiplayer aspect a chance, but now it looks like it's going to be just another boring copy of RUST and who knows how many other "survival" shooters, just with a Fallout theme. The idea of exploring the wasteland with your friends is cool, the knowledge that some twelve-year-old jackass can ruin your whole day just because he feels like it is not. I would feel a lot differently about this game if it was strictly PVE.

You're not alone, fact is the whole of Bethesda is either having trouble living up to their own name, or they just don't care anymore. I say this knowing full well that, what's it called? "Star Shelter" and 76 could prove me wrong, but honestly I get the feeling it wouldn't matter if t did or not.

I guess if I'm to be specific about 76, what rubbed me wrong about it was that there were no NPC's. I mean, Fallout with no NPC's. Plus a game like this you just know its gonna have micro-pocket pinching bull sh1t. Well, at least we've still got the modding community... For now.